At least one dead in I-71 wreck | The...

At least one dead in I-71 wreck | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 38 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 22, 2010, titled At least one dead in I-71 wreck | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

At least one person has been killed in a crash on I-71 on the Far North Side. The wreck occurred at 4:45 p.m. in the southbound lanes between Park Road and I-270, near Sharon Woods Metro Park.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Daily Customer

United States

#3 Jun 22, 2010
All other reports have this occurring closer to Polaris/Gemini Place. Can't believe there are two of them that close?????
bosco

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 22, 2010
These accidents are caused by the "ME" FIRST" attitude that prevails in Columbus. Slow it down. It's not a race!
eurobob

United States

#9 Jun 22, 2010
ERBinohio wrote:
<quoted text> Guess "LOSER" doesn't have any sence of humor about the whole subject...if his butt hole was any tighter he would be inside out...LOL!!!ROF...
He can spell better than you though. LOL! ROL! WTFGHSG! SXLJKLSD:KLJH:SLKJASLK! SADMFSMKSJBOOL!
JKR

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 22, 2010
ERBinohio wrote:
<quoted text> Guess "LOSER" doesn't have any sence of humor about the whole subject...if his butt hole was any tighter he would be inside out...LOL!!!ROF...
Yeah, there's nothing more hilarious than a fatal car wreck, is there? A little common decency wouldn't hurt.
Losers

Dublin, OH

#11 Jun 22, 2010
ERBinohio wrote:
The day I have a senCe of humor about a fatal crash is the day I turn into an illiterate moron like you Linda, and Little man Johnson.
Losers

Dublin, OH

#12 Jun 22, 2010
ahh now I see ERBin ohio is an east side hillbilly in reading his profile. Go figure.
otters21

Columbus, OH

#13 Jun 22, 2010
Thanks to the dismal mass transit service in this city another innocent person had brutally lost his or her life and another family is suffering a horrendous loss. Because of the lack of decent mass transit system this city is too auto centric for such a large and growing metropolitan area. Even though the levy was passed in '06, COTA has yet to see marked improvement in service expansion.This forces too many people to drive and the risk of being involved in a fatal auto wreck is much greater. If there was a decent mass transit system the number of fatal accidents would be significantly be reduced and the city's highways( I-70, I-71, I-270,I-670, SR.315 , SR. 104 and parts of US 33) would much safer to drive on.
message board troll

Blacklick, OH

#14 Jun 22, 2010
otters21 wrote:
Thanks to the dismal mass transit service in this city another innocent person had brutally lost his or her life and another family is suffering a horrendous loss. Because of the lack of decent mass transit system this city is too auto centric for such a large and growing metropolitan area. Even though the levy was passed in '06, COTA has yet to see marked improvement in service expansion.This forces too many people to drive and the risk of being involved in a fatal auto wreck is much greater. If there was a decent mass transit system the number of fatal accidents would be significantly be reduced and the city's highways( I-70, I-71, I-270,I-670, SR.315 , SR. 104 and parts of US 33) would much safer to drive on.
Columbus mass transit beyond COTA will not happen in your lifetime even if you are very young. Tens of millions of Dollars have been spent studying light rail systems since the mid-80's but not one foot of track has been laid to date.
Jason

Cardington, OH

#15 Jun 22, 2010
All side roads are jammed as well. I left Polaris Mall at 6:30 and arrived at my home on Lazelle west of Sancus about 1hr 15min later. Cones were blocking traffic on the Polaris Pkwy and Gemini Rd turn lanes to get onto SB I-71.
Jason

Cardington, OH

#16 Jun 22, 2010
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
With a little luck it will turn into a gay racist abortion incident instigated by Coleman and Obama and covered up by the corrupt highway patrol.
Don't forget global warming and BP oil spills. I'm sure they are involved somehow.
Jason

Cardington, OH

#17 Jun 22, 2010
otters21 wrote:
I diasgree. I just moved here from a much larger city, one that has a pretty decent mass transit system, and there were traffic fatalities nearly everyday. It doesn't really have anything to do with carpooling or mass transit that determines the extent traffic fatalities as much as population and highway capacity does. It's simply human nature to get mad at other drivers, be in a hurry when late, miss that motorcyle in your blind spot, etc., etc. We humans are to blame and the problem will not go away.
Hugh CMH

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 22, 2010
Where are the police? If they actually were out patroling the highways, they might be able to decrease the number of accidents by limiting the number of speeders. For another thing when they created the S bound entry ramp from Gemini Pkwy to 71 they created a mess! They need to extend the concrete divider further because most people pass you in the yellow do not pass area, yet causing more possibility of crashes from people who are too impatient too wait like everyone else to get on the highway.
Nohio

Columbus, OH

#19 Jun 22, 2010
How about some respect for the deceased. My thoughts go out to the family.

Now, who decided to put 2 ramps that close together with a speed limit of 65 and people going 80?
CMH1

Loveland, OH

#20 Jun 22, 2010
Daily Customer wrote:
All other reports have this occurring closer to Polaris/Gemini Place. Can't believe there are two of them that close?????
It's the same accident
kay

Marysville, OH

#21 Jun 22, 2010
thats why i choose not to live in or drive to columbus.im not crazy about living in a small town but at least its safer.i would be SURPRISED if a CELL PHONE WASNT INVOLVED.
John Holmes

Pataskala, OH

#22 Jun 22, 2010
I'm bigger than a car!!!
Jonathan

Canal Winchester, OH

#23 Jun 22, 2010
On the "judge it" option Dispatch - can we get the icon of a little johnson for posts like Big Johnsons? Uh oh! He disappeared - did he get the call that his was his own crackhead kid? Wow - that would suck huh?
Someone Died Here

Columbus, OH

#24 Jun 22, 2010
What does this make in a 1-sq-mile radius of this crash site: 4 fatalities in 3 months. WTF is up with this area of Cols??? Placee day-glo orange road signs whenever someone dies in a traffic accident. Excessive speed is almost always the cause. White male age 20 to 40 pumped full of testosterone -- as someone wrote earlier "I am in a big hurry and way more important than you are..." What a shame! Probably big johnson's twin mutant brother.
carla

Columbus, OH

#25 Jun 22, 2010
have you noticed how easy finger pointing has become in the USA? it's always somebody's fault.
it's a wonder someone's not pointing at Bush on this one..........
Polaris

Pickerington, OH

#26 Jun 22, 2010
Cars going to slow also cause many accidents. People should understand it's a freeway and to maintain a reasonable speed....at least within + or - 5 mph....60-70 mph should be the norm...I see many drivers going 50-55 mixing with drivers doing 70-75mph

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
President Trump:We love the (DACA)Dreamers. We ... 24 min Duke for Mayor 506
It's September soccer daddy 1 hr d pants 36
New Twist on Scam E-Mails 6 hr In the words of 404 15
LIBERALS now OFFENDED at RAW COTTON at HOBBY LOBBY 8 hr Duke for Mayor 30
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 8 hr Case Closed 319
UTrashy & Spook 10 hr El Kabong 17
News Mother drives up on sidewalk and runs over daug... 12 hr They cannot kill ... 4

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages