Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as P...
Pale Rider

Somerset, KY

#2924 Jul 6, 2014
Weather Transportation And Shipping

The weather has affected travel. Nearly 80,000 flights have been canceled this winter because of weather. The airlines have lost revenue, Travelers have lost hours of work and productivity because they couldn't get to their destinations for meetings or to and from vacations. Often it takes days to recover from numerous cancelled flights. The trucking industry was crippled just like the airline industry.
The winter of 2013-14 is going to go into history as the worst winter in the last hundred years. The amount of damage to motor vehicles and buildings caused by storms mounted into the millions. The amount of lost revenue to air lines and the trucking industry caused by storm related delays will require companies to look for ways to recover loses.
US economy hampered by severe winter weather, Federal Reserve says

Federal Reserve’s ‘beige book’ report notes that consumer spending lessened because of cold, snow and storms in winter
While cold weather and snow gripped much of the country in January and February, consumer spending was hit across the US, according to the Fed’s latest “beige book” report on the state of the economy; manufacturing and construction were also adversely affected. Weather was also cited as a contributing factor to softer auto sales in many areas. While the unseasonable cold did the most damage in agriculture, California’s record drought has also taken its toll on the state’s economy.

Four of six major economic reports have cited the harsh winter as putting the damper on output and sales. Three of the four reports blaming the weather came in worse than expected.

Ford, General Motors and Toyota Motor noted bitter weather crimping results.

Fabricated Metal Products: Poor weather impacted outbound and inbound shipments.

Petroleum & Coal Products: Good finish to 2013 but slow start to 2014, mostly attributed to weather.
Plastics & Rubber Products: Experienced many late deliveries during

the past week resulting from truck lines shut down by weather.

The winter of 2013/2014 weather impacted activity across the country
should be no surprise. Numerous reports have suggested weather disrupted housing and manufacturing among other things,”

The Republicans want to prove a point so they choose one of the worst winters in 100 years to show how bad the economy was under Obama. Don't be fooled by the Republicans. They have nothing to offer,they are the DO NOTHING PARTY. They have not done anything in 20 years. Newt Gingrich is the only mman that did anything for America.

The Republican Party is the DO NOTHING PARTY. NO IDEAS, NOTHING! No LEADERSHIP!

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#2925 Jul 6, 2014
New Shock report from the FED

Winter is cold with snow
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#2926 Jul 6, 2014
scirocco wrote:
New Shock report from the FED
Winter is cold with snow
Can't be the EPA says there is man made global warming so there is no such thing as cold.
Pale Rider

Somerset, KY

#2927 Jul 6, 2014
Is Obama Doing a good job? Or is it more like a fantastic job?

LQQK at this all Tea Party Members - Republicans.

The jobs numbers released reflect the 52nd straight month of private sector job growth.

If Bush were still President, He would have had to move out of the White House, and rent an apartment to live in.

13 years of doing nothing, while America suffers. Most manufacturing would be in China by now.

Did you know?

Hundreds of factories took American Jobs to China while George W. Bush was president.
d pantaloni

Taylor, MI

#2929 Jul 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
<quoted text> CONSUMER CONFIDENCE CLIMB'S TO A 6-YEAR HIGH....Associated Press .(6-25-14)......The President is doing a Great Job....and that is despite a teaparty-drenched House, that does NOTHING......
And if (when) it gets worse it will be the do nothing congress thats to blame, right?

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#2930 Jul 7, 2014
d pantaloni wrote:
<quoted text> Did you see the country of Germany banned fracking. Did you know Obama voted for the Halliburton loophole in EPA regulation in 2006? Thanks Obama! Must be hard every time you try to bring up an issue like that or the economy. Or foreign policy. Or corporate lobbyists. Or torture. Or transparency in government. Must be hard to candy coat a turd, huh?
Germany has proposed large scale limitations of fracking that would in effect ban most activity within the country. The proposal has not passed and is currently undergoing scrutiny and legal challenge.
d pantaloni

Taylor, MI

#2931 Jul 7, 2014
tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
Germany has proposed large scale limitations of fracking that would in effect ban most activity within the country. The proposal has not passed and is currently undergoing scrutiny and legal challenge.
Which has put the brakes on the drilling and extractions.
Male

Columbus, OH

#2932 Jul 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
JULY MARKS 52 STRAIGHT MONTHS OF PRIVATE SECTOR JOB GROWTH......American economy has recovered strongly....Thank You, Mister President......
June begins the sixth year of the anemic recovery from the 18-month recession. Even if what Obama’s administration calls “historically severe” weather — a.k.a., winter — reduced GDP growth by up to 1.4 percentage points, growth of 1.5 percent would still be grotesque.

The reason unemployment fell by four-tenths of a point (to 6.3 percent) in April while growth stalled is that 806,000 people left the labor force. The labor force participation rate fell four-tenths of a point to a level reached in 1978, which was during the Carter-era stagflation and early in the surge of women into the workforce. There are about 14.5 million more Americans than before the recession but nearly 300,000 fewer jobs, and household income remains below the pre-recession peak.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/george...
Male

Columbus, OH

#2933 Jul 7, 2014
Go Blow Forever wrote:
<quoted text> CONSUMER CONFIDENCE CLIMB'S TO A 6-YEAR HIGH....Associated Press .(6-25-14)......The President is doing a Great Job....and that is despite a teaparty-drenched House, that does NOTHING......
The real Obama Economy.

Highest July 4 gas prices in 6 years

http://money.cnn.com/2014/07/03/news/economy/...

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2934 Jul 7, 2014
PRESIDENT OBAMA LEAD'S U.S. MARKETS BACK.....BBC America.(7-4-14)......Dow-Jone s Industrial has risen 146%, since March 2009......S&P 500 up 175%, since March 2009......Truth will out....
Male

Columbus, OH

#2935 Jul 7, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
Is Obama Doing a good job? Or is it more like a fantastic job?
LQQK at this all Tea Party Members - Republicans.
The jobs numbers released reflect the 52nd straight month of private sector job growth.
If Bush were still President, He would have had to move out of the White House, and rent an apartment to live in.
13 years of doing nothing, while America suffers. Most manufacturing would be in China by now.
Did you know?
Hundreds of factories took American Jobs to China while George W. Bush was president.
Oh yeah paleface? Since when did you communists defend corporate factories and manufacturing? When were Liberals in love with the "evil" corporations? I think everyone in America knows by now how Liberals hate "corporations" and I believe it is Obama and Liberal Democrats who continually push for higher corporate taxes. So now, if the economy and manufacturing corporations do begin to pick up, you Liberal Democrats and Obama want to take credit for what they clearly have tried to destroy in the last 6 years? Beam me the he|| up!

"America's deindustrialization has many causes, including the high effective corporate tax rate on manufacturers, but one reason of particular significance is government inaction." - "Other nations have made major investments in commercially relevant, industrially related research and development (R&D) funding while the United States has done little."

Read more: http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blog/211291-...
Male

Columbus, OH

#2936 Jul 7, 2014
Go Blow Forever wrote:
PRESIDENT OBAMA LEAD'S U.S. MARKETS BACK.....BBC America.(7-4-14)......Dow-Jone s Industrial has risen 146%, since March 2009......S&P 500 up 175%, since March 2009......Truth will out....
Hey Blow, I thought all you Liberal Neo-Coms were card carrying members of Occupy Wall Street? Now all you neo-con, corporate greed, Bush haters are in love with Wall Street?

Who is getting rich from Wall Street gains Blow? The 99%??
What a bunch of duplicitous hypocrites you are!!!

Beam me the He|| up!!!

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#2937 Jul 7, 2014
Insufferable.....
Male

Hilliard, OH

#2938 Jul 7, 2014
Go Blue Forever wrote:
Insufferable.....
Yes, you are.
Pale Rider

Somerset, KY

#2939 Jul 7, 2014
d pantaloni wrote:
<quoted text> And if (when) it gets worse it will be the do nothing congress thats to blame, right?
It is no telling where America would be today, if we didn't have one (John Boehner) and the other that all he wanted to do is make sure Obama wasn't elected for a second term (Mitch McConnell) Republicans. What does the Party do? They follow the leaders - DOING NOTHING, NOTHING at ALL For AMERICA. If the Democrats come with anything, the Republican's reject it. That is our Congress.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#2940 Jul 7, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
It is no telling where America would be today, if we didn't have one (John Boehner) and the other that all he wanted to do is make sure Obama wasn't elected for a second term (Mitch McConnell) Republicans. What does the Party do? They follow the leaders - DOING NOTHING, NOTHING at ALL For AMERICA. If the Democrats come with anything, the Republican's reject it. That is our Congress.
So you want the congress to cut taxes. Eliminate all welfare require every citizen to do a tour of duty guarding the border with Mezico, and eliminate all gun laws and taxes, eliminate the department of education, EPA, BATF, homeland security and the TSA? Those would greatly improve the USA.
Male

Hilliard, OH

#2941 Jul 7, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, and that is exactly what I want Congress to do. I vote, I write, I email, even fax, my Senators and my Congressman to stop this President from doing any more damage to this Republic, period.
Pale Rider

Somerset, KY

#2942 Jul 7, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
So you want the congress to cut taxes. Eliminate all welfare require every citizen to do a tour of duty guarding the border with Mezico, and eliminate all gun laws and taxes, eliminate the department of education, EPA, BATF, homeland security and the TSA? Those would greatly improve the USA.
What does getting rid of bonehead John Boehner or Mitch McConnell have to do with cutting taxes, welfare, or the border. what a silly post.
Reality speaks

Cleveland, OH

#2943 Jul 7, 2014
Pale Rider wrote:
<quoted text>
What does getting rid of bonehead John Boehner or Mitch McConnell have to do with cutting taxes, welfare, or the border. what a silly post.
They are Rino's.

What is silly is your ignorance for asking such stupid questions
Ps. Walleye fishing is best ever in my life on Lake Erie this past week. My tan is also best I ever had. To think I only have 3 more weeks of it prior to going home to Dublin.

If I only had Obama bucks I could stay all of august too.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#2944 Jul 7, 2014
Reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
They are Rino's.
What is silly is your ignorance for asking such stupid questions
Ps. Walleye fishing is best ever in my life on Lake Erie this past week. My tan is also best I ever had. To think I only have 3 more weeks of it prior to going home to Dublin.
If I only had Obama bucks I could stay all of august too.
Need me to drop you off a few rolls? I have some Scotts sh it paper with Obama's face on it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Shooting in West Side leaves one man dead, one ... 4 min Reality Speaks 1
Sean Hannity 23 min Reality Speaks 998
News Big Lots reportedly exploring options, includin... (Feb '11) 1 hr Val 23
How about that Nobel Peace Prize 1 hr Reality Speaks 57
N.Korea wants Peace? Then destroy Their NUKES 1 hr Reality Speaks 5
Now it has a name: Crossfire Hurricane 1 hr Reality Speaks 235
News 3 homicides in Columbus 12 hr They cannot kill ... 9

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages