Tests find traces of antibiotics in Scioto | The Columbus Dispatch

When doctors diagnose serious bacterial infections in patients, they can prescribe a powerful antibiotic called Cipro. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Arrrrh Matey

Reynoldsburg, OH

#21 Oct 18, 2010
You'll no be eatin' fresh water fishies in ALL of Ahia if you'll be wantin' ta keep yor Berries fresh,if ya ketch me drift.
If it aint outta cold salt water;it aint gettin' on me plate,Boy-O.
Yor State is manned by a right motley crew that seems well suited to a filthy scow.

What wine goes best with Mercury?

Arr-dee-arr-arr!
Liddleguy

Columbus, OH

#22 Oct 24, 2010
5 is too many wrote:
<quoted text>
What about the black people who fish off rte 33. Will eating the fish they catch make them healthier?
Didn't you notice how it curls their hair?
Not a fan

Columbus, OH

#23 Oct 24, 2010
And now they are raising the cost of drinking water!
Nikki M

Rancho Cordova, CA

#24 Oct 27, 2010
Okay, this is totally gross! If you people don't see how totally inappropriate it is that there is a detectable amount of Cipro in the river, then you need to get your heads examined! HOW did it get there? WHY was it put there? And more importantly, WHO made that decision? Cipro is a very dangerous and toxic drug. Don't believe me? Check the FDA, and check my website http://www.survivingcipro.com where you can learn all about the BLACK BOX LABEL on this class C drug. This drugs ruins lives and kills people. I know, I know, parts per trillion...but where does it end? Will you continue to sit idly by, making jokes, while SOMEBODY makes decisions about YOUR river, YOUR fish, YOUR body? Wake UP!
MynameisSue

Columbus, OH

#26 May 3, 2012
At least we are told about the possible dangers that lurk in the water. Obviously the water plants cannot filter everything. We all have known for years about the antibiotics and hormones in the water. I guess we need to be pro-active and filter all drinking liquids at home before they are drank. But on the secondary note, the animals we eat or milk should have their drinking water filtered as well. The hormones in cows have caused little girls to develop too early in life. Who knows if the hormones in the water is the root cause to breast cancer and other hormone driven cancers.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#27 May 3, 2012
Liddleguy wrote:
Does this mean that instead of getting a prescription filled, we can just drink a glass of water? Will the city start charging more for the water and are Portsmouth residents healthier than we are?
When I was a kid we used to visit relatives in Portsmouth. The water there was the nastiest I have ever tasted in any city. Although it was supposed to be treated, it still tasted like river water.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#28 May 3, 2012
Nikki M wrote:
Okay, this is totally gross! If you people don't see how totally inappropriate it is that there is a detectable amount of Cipro in the river, then you need to get your heads examined! HOW did it get there? WHY was it put there? And more importantly, WHO made that decision? Cipro is a very dangerous and toxic drug. Don't believe me? Check the FDA, and check my website http://www.survivingcipro.com where you can learn all about the BLACK BOX LABEL on this class C drug. This drugs ruins lives and kills people. I know, I know, parts per trillion...but where does it end? Will you continue to sit idly by, making jokes, while SOMEBODY makes decisions about YOUR river, YOUR fish, YOUR body? Wake UP!
Some of the drugs would be eliminated from the body through urine or feces. Other means of detectable levels would come from unused drugs being flushed down the toilet. Sewage treatment can in no way destroy everything dumped in there.
Maurice

Romania

#29 Aug 16, 2013
Naturally, I am skeptical of everything online. http://inhousegeneric.com is legitimate. I placed my first order for the smallest amount possible. It arrived sooner than expected. I didn't pay the extra money for speedy air mail. I placed another order that was much larger and it came right on time. I will definitely use this company again for even larger orders now that I trust them. They also give you discounts every time you place an order which is cool. One thing to keep in mind is if you place a larger order, they will send half in one shipment, and then the other half after that to avoid customs scrutinizing your package. I am very happy, I no longer need to pay tons of money to see a doctor and therapist (and have them tell me a bunch of stuff I already know) in order to get my medication.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Let's talk turkey about Ohio's vultures | The C... (Dec '09) 2 hr They cannot kill ... 10
where is George of Hilliard? 2 hr They cannot kill ... 18
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 2 hr Huh 2,429
big lots distibution center 2 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 315
Palin: Brawl In The Family 4 hr My Turn 9
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 hr xxxrayted 30,959
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 15 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 181
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE