Thunderbirds and Blue Angels are parked

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Mar 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 3, 2013
Thanks to the government's sequestration, the Air Force Thunderbirds and Navy Blue Angels are grounded for 2013.

http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/01/17 ...

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#2 Mar 3, 2013
This is a luxury that should have been ended years ago.

“Gunter glieben glauchen globen”

Since: Dec 12

Gutenteit, Germany

#3 Mar 3, 2013
razamanaz wrote:
Thanks to the government's sequestration, the Air Force Thunderbirds and Navy Blue Angels are grounded for 2013.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/03/01/17 ...
If Obama is REALLY serious about cutting costs, he needs to park Air Force One instead of using it as his personal RV.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Mar 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
I'm not sure of that. These are pilots who have to keep their skills very sharp. Their flying those planes aren't a waste. I wouldn't have a problem if they took a cut of the profits at the airshows they perform at. Don't think that's possible.

Agree 100% with the comment that the Obamas have to cut their vacations with Air Force One though. Michelle's vacation travel has been an unnecessary waste and it's really poor PR.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Hilliard, OH

#5 Mar 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
Disagree. They more than pay for themselves in PR and training. Those pilots would be flying no matter what.
The real waste in the armed forces PR program is sponsoring NASCAR teams and buying air time during the Super Bowl.

Ivy League-ISIS

#6 Mar 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not sure of that. These are pilots who have to keep their skills very sharp. Their flying those planes aren't a waste. I wouldn't have a problem if they took a cut of the profits at the airshows they perform at. Don't think that's possible.
Agree 100% with the comment that the Obamas have to cut their vacations with Air Force One though. Michelle's vacation travel has been an unnecessary waste and it's really poor PR.
It takes the airframes, and aircrews, out of the combat theater.

This increases the cost of the units in theater. Maintenance, wear and tear, etc.

The airshow teams are an exclusively PR exercise.

It's not just Michelle that has been racking up the miles on the taxpayer, Biden and Hillary have the same problem, but Michelle's is the worst as she does not have a constitutional role.

Ivy League-ISIS

#7 Mar 3, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>
The real waste in the armed forces PR program is sponsoring NASCAR teams and buying air time during the Super Bowl.
I'll have to agree to disagree with forum consensus on the first part, but that is true that NASCAR sponsorship along with college bowl sponsorship is one of the dumbest things they waste money on.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armed_Forces_Bow...

I doubt we will see much more recruitment ads, the DOD is getting major cuts, I doubt anyone will stop it.

Hilliard, OH

#8 Mar 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
This increases the cost of the units in theater. Maintenance, wear and tear, etc.
It's not just Michelle that has been racking up the miles on the taxpayer, Biden and Hillary have the same problem, but Michelle's is the worst as she does not have a constitutional role.
Those planes can be combat squadron ready in 72 hours. And they're older Vipers...it's not like they're tying up Raptors.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't take anything out of theatre. Those who fly for demos/shows are usually either stateside or on some type duty here in the states, doing it for continued training/practice.

Also realize those planes aren't assigned to combat. Can't be. They'd be um, too noticeable. There aren't many planes assigned to show purposes. http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/aircraft/

Ditto re the frequent flyer miles. UGH!!!!!

Ivy League-ISIS

#10 Mar 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Doesn't take anything out of theatre. Those who fly for demos/shows are usually either stateside or on some type duty here in the states, doing it for continued training/practice.
Also realize those planes aren't assigned to combat. Can't be. They'd be um, too noticeable. There aren't many planes assigned to show purposes. http://www.blueangels.navy.mil/aircraft/
Better than having Russian display teams, certainly!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_mi...

These are almost certain to be gutted as well.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#11 Mar 3, 2013
Good riddance.

Ivy League-ISIS

#12 Mar 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Good riddance.
I now reverse my position, considering that you are in agreement with the cuts.

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#13 Mar 3, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I now reverse my position, considering that you are in agreement with the cuts.
Hopefully you're joking.

Hilliard, OH

#14 Mar 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Good riddance.
Imagine that..Che hates the military. Shocking.

Hilliard, OH

#15 Mar 3, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
The lion's share of the 72 hour combat ready prep time is for the paint job to take.

Ivy League-ISIS

#16 Mar 3, 2013
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully you're joking.
No, I'm not. Che isn't the sole reason, GoKeefes and George's posts were thought out responses to my jumping the gun.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#17 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>Imagine that..Che hates the military. Shocking.
What an odd conclusion to draw. The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are a waste of money and have nothing to do with our daily defense.

Hilliard, OH

#18 Mar 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
What an odd conclusion to draw. The Blue Angels and Thunderbirds are a waste of money and have nothing to do with our daily defense.
The same could be said of the Marine Corps Band and the Old Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.
Those pilots would be flying anyway and those Vipers can be combat ready in 72 hours.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#19 Mar 3, 2013
<quoted text>The same could be said of the Marine Corps Band and the Old Guard at the Tomb of the Unknowns.
Those pilots would be flying anyway and those Vipers can be combat ready in 72 hours.
Marine Corps band should be shut down too.

Hilliard, OH

#20 Mar 3, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Marine Corps band should be shut down too.
Get a life.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What ails the black family? Hard realities! 2 min Pope Che Reagan C... 24
America needs Jesus Christ and the Word of God 4 min Pope Che Reagan C... 7
Ohio charter schools identified as among worst ... 14 min Big Johnson 5
INJUSTICE….for sure! 19 min now hey 29
School Funding Facts 21 min Big Johnson 2
Every state has ISIS recruits 1 hr They cannot kill ... 124
Scotty Walker: Sarah Palin Version 2.0 4 hr RU_Kiddingme 21
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web