Brendan Eich and the New American Tot...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#121 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Customer base: any internet user. The product is FREE. Mozilla is non-profit.
BOD was pressured publicly, over a matter that IMHO should pretty much be DEAD. Move on, right?
Wrong in a number of peoples' eyes. Not in mine.
Well, then apparently there are a lot of people who disagree with you.

And whether its for profit or non profit is completely irrelevant.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#122 Apr 5, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Market forces have EVERYTHING to do with private behavior, and choices.
You wouldn't last a week in an advertising/marketing job.
woof
Well you have the order right. Our behavior is dictated by our private choices. Not by public demand.

Markets are driven by economic choices. How you form your economic choices is generally based on many factors. Usually not solely by someone's minor political donations.

See the difference? You're dense. What occurred with Eich is a public bullying, for past private choice. Way in the the past. It has nothing to do with his ability to deliver a product nor has it anything to do with his ability to run a company, especially since he did not discriminate against anyone.

So...does Hillary Clinton deserve to be POTUS, given the known fact she was at one time a public defender of DOMA? Let's see you dance to that tune, Dukie. Personally, I think she needs to be flogged over Benghazi.

Meow.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#123 Apr 5, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Is it?
Brendan Eich Is Just the Beginning. Letís Purge All 35,000 Donors to Prop 8.
The first thing youíll notice, if you search for Eich, is that heís the only Mozilla employee who gave to the campaign for Prop 8. His $1,000 was more than canceled out by three Mozilla employees who donated to the other side.
The next thing youíll notice is that other companies, including other tech firms, substantially outscored Mozilla in pro-Prop 8 contributions attributed to their employees. That includes Adobe, Apple, Google, Microsoft, Oracle, Sun Microsystems, and Yahoo, as well as Disney, DreamWorks, Gap, and Warner Bros.
Thirty-seven companies in the database are linked to more than 1,300 employees who gave nearly $1 million in combined contributions to the campaign for Prop 8. Twenty-five tech companies are linked to 435 employees who gave more than $300,000. Many of these employees gave $1,000 apiece, if not more. Some, like Eich, are probably senior executives.
Why do these bigots still have jobs? Letís go get them.
The numbers in these tables donít represent contributions from the companies.(All the money came from individuals.) Nor do they reflect the balance of contributions that came from a companyís employees.(I havenít added up the donations that went to the campaign against Prop 8.) A quick glance here and there suggests that in many cases, the balance of contributions from these companies went against the ballot measure.
But those caveats are true of Mozilla, too. And weíre not cutting Mozilla any slack, are we?
http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politi...
If weíre serious about taking down corporate officers who supported Proposition 8, and boycotting employers who promote them, we'd better get cracking on the rest of the list. Otherwise, perhaps we should put down the pitchforks.
Good god man, you are in a tizzy. And apparently, it is all because a particular BOD made a decision you disagree with, taking action that that many other Boards of similar firms chose not to take.

Why do you hate freedom so much?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#124 Apr 5, 2014
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
The sentiment applies. When force or exclusion is used because of a persons beliefs, thoughts or because of those he/she supports, we are all at risk of losing our Freedoms and Liberties.
I used Firefox as a browser but no longer. I imagine you don't care because it doesn't effect you, or does it on another level and then you may look for support but perhaps find none. I don't like Democrats but I support their right to exist. Please give an example where in the Conservative realm that one has or is being punished for their beliefs or support of an opposing view. Please give examples of Conservative thought preventing speakers from speaking on Campuses.
Bullsh1t.

1)If your neighbor Joe Smith, an admitted member of NAMBLA was seeking employment at the local elementary school where your children attended, you're telling me that you would say over the fence: "Hey Joe, did ya get that job over at Mikey's school yet? He can't wait to see you there."???

2) Joe McCarthy. And that was far more egregious than this, given his status as a US Senator.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#125 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Well you have the order right. Our behavior is dictated by our private choices. Not by public demand.
Markets are driven by economic choices. How you form your economic choices is generally based on many factors. Usually not solely by someone's minor political donations.
See the difference? You're dense. What occurred with Eich is a public bullying, for past private choice. Way in the the past. It has nothing to do with his ability to deliver a product nor has it anything to do with his ability to run a company, especially since he did not discriminate against anyone.
So...does Hillary Clinton deserve to be POTUS, given the known fact she was at one time a public defender of DOMA? Let's see you dance to that tune, Dukie. Personally, I think she needs to be flogged over Benghazi.
Meow.
Now you're the one dancing.

Markets are indeed driven by billions of private, individual choices to spend money, and those choices are indeed affected by many different factors/influences, one of which is sometimes political persuasion. Those choices are THE behaviors that drive the market. That's why corporations invest so heavily in marketing, to influence those billions of choices at the very moment potential customers make them.

As for Hillary, she's a politician, not the CEO of a corporation. I admire politicians who can admit their mistakes.

Frankly, I used Mozilla before this hubbub, and would have kept using it regardless whether Eich is CEO or not. Its a non issue to me,

I find it amusing though that all of you free-thinking conservatives out there apparently find fault with the BOD acting in a manner they saw fit as being in the best interests of their company.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#126 Apr 5, 2014
Gravedigger Jones wrote:
<quoted text>Mozilla was bullied into that decision, and not simply by threats of a boycott.
Now, why don't you tell us why all those other tech companies listed aren't under siege today?
Why don't you tell us? That would be better.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#127 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Writing a check as a donation (or even paying a bill) is a private act. Yikes, you're a lawyer?
Go read the applicable law in California. Eich's contribution is documented in a public record.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#128 Apr 5, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now you're the one dancing.
Markets are indeed driven by billions of private, individual choices to spend money, and those choices are indeed affected by many different factors/influences, one of which is sometimes political persuasion. Those choices are THE behaviors that drive the market. That's why corporations invest so heavily in marketing, to influence those billions of choices at the very moment potential customers make them.
As for Hillary, she's a politician, not the CEO of a corporation. I admire politicians who can admit their mistakes.
Frankly, I used Mozilla before this hubbub, and would have kept using it regardless whether Eich is CEO or not. Its a non issue to me,
I find it amusing though that all of you free-thinking conservatives out there apparently find fault with the BOD acting in a manner they saw fit as being in the best interests of their company.
woof
Didn't Eich publicly state on his blog he was committed to supporting everyone, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, economic status, or religion.? Hmmm....but I guess you didn't bother to read HIS side of the issue but jumped off the cliff like a lemming? I could be guessing wrong, but I don't think so.

Hillary admitted nothing. Remember "it doesn't make any difference" when an ambassador was killed?

Don't politicians market themselves? And don't we make the decision to vote for them based on our personal values and decisions? I don't let masses determine how I think. Lemmings like you do. I buy a product or service primarily based on how it performs, works, the value it provides me. Usually nothing to do with its CEO's political bs.

I haven't used Firefox in quite a while. It's not kept up with the market with mobile computing, which is where Eich could have taken it. I prefer Chrome. It's also nowhere near as fast or as compatible with a lot of plug-ins I use as Chrome is.

“Queen of my domain”

Location hidden

#129 Apr 5, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Go read the applicable law in California. Eich's contribution is documented in a public record.
woof
Which is BS. It was a minor amount, and as George pointed out, had it been $99, no one would have known. He could have written 10 $99 checks and no one would have been the wiser, likely.

You going to continue to flog him for something like this, after all this time? After the fact is well-known he did not discriminate against anyone nor did he do anything illegal, immoral, or even unethical?

Wow.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#130 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't Eich publicly state on his blog he was committed to supporting everyone, regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity, age, race, ethnicity, economic status, or religion.? Hmmm....but I guess you didn't bother to read HIS side of the issue but jumped off the cliff like a lemming? I could be guessing wrong, but I don't think so.
Hillary admitted nothing. Remember "it doesn't make any difference" when an ambassador was killed?
Don't politicians market themselves? And don't we make the decision to vote for them based on our personal values and decisions? I don't let masses determine how I think. Lemmings like you do. I buy a product or service primarily based on how it performs, works, the value it provides me. Usually nothing to do with its CEO's political bs.
I haven't used Firefox in quite a while. It's not kept up with the market with mobile computing, which is where Eich could have taken it. I prefer Chrome. It's also nowhere near as fast or as compatible with a lot of plug-ins I use as Chrome is.
You do realize that Clinton did not say that it didn't matter that an ambassador was killed, right?
The Real Wait what

Columbus, OH

#131 Apr 5, 2014
I listened to a podcast interview about this last night. I don't think anyone can stop gay marriage from becoming legal in all 50 states. Having said that, I also think it is completely and utterly wrong to gang-fire someone out of their position due to a 2008 contribution.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#132 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Which is BS. It was a minor amount, and as George pointed out, had it been $99, no one would have known. He could have written 10 $99 checks and no one would have been the wiser, likely.
You going to continue to flog him for something like this, after all this time? After the fact is well-known he did not discriminate against anyone nor did he do anything illegal, immoral, or even unethical?
Wow.
Why are you completely incapable of separating acknowledgement of Mozilla's right to make its own decision from agreeing with what that decision was? Wait, I know the answer to that.
The Real Wait what

Columbus, OH

#133 Apr 5, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
That's true, but he didn't deserve to lose his position over it. You're the one that keeps talking about the Constitution. do you really believe it was cool to fire someone because of a 2008 donation just because it was public record? I hope your children and grandchildren never make what others consider to be a 'professional error', in that case.

This is America, isn't it? You are allowed to believe differently, are you not? If so, you must have tolerance for those who sit on the other side. And that's the bottom line.

“The One! The Only! RUKiddingme”

Since: Dec 08

Jersey, Baby!

#134 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Proposition 8, by definition, discriminated against people. Move on. You're boring me.
The Real Wait what

Columbus, OH

#135 Apr 5, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
If the donation had been for the promotion of gay marriage, would the same action have ensued?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#136 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
In case you haven't noticed (you haven't), I have not said one bad word about Mr. Eich...not one. I'm using Firefox right now, have been using it for several years, and will likely be using it a year from now as well.

I haven't "flogged" him. I've flogged those like you who apparently think that the Board of Directors of a corporation have no right to make their own decisions.

As far as the limit on campaign contributions, that's a matter of state law, which I am certain was legally enacted through the usual process of legislative debate, and approval.

Who are you to say what is proper for the citizens of California?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#137 Apr 5, 2014
The Real Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
If the donation had been for the promotion of gay marriage, would the same action have ensued?
Probably not. Do you have a point, or do you simply enjoy asking stupid, irrelevant questions?

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#138 Apr 5, 2014
<quoted text>
That's true, but he didn't deserve to lose his position over it. You're the one that keeps talking about the Constitution. do you really believe it was cool to fire someone because of a 2008 donation just because it was public record? I hope your children and grandchildren never make what others consider to be a 'professional error', in that case.
This is America, isn't it? You are allowed to believe differently, are you not? If so, you must have tolerance for those who sit on the other side. And that's the bottom line.
What does the Constitution have to do with this situation?
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#139 Apr 5, 2014
<quoted text>
He wasn't fired. He resigned.

This is America...yep. That Board of Directors had every right to ask him to resign, they did, and he resigned.

My children are doing fine, learning their own lessons, as it should be, thank you.

woof
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#140 Apr 5, 2014
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow.
Duke is the kind of low.life Janitor that defends Kevin Jennings, pedophile, as safe schools tzar. My opinion of kevin Jennings is that he should be hung by his feet over a small tire which is then set ablaze and slow dropped onto the tire and pulled up,repeatedly.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sweet Home Alabama??? 38 min Appomattox Courth... 10
What is wrong with Jim Jordan? 57 min Reality Speaks 4
What happened to the thread about AMICI"S MARK... 1 hr Reality Speaks 3
Why Does Donald Trump Tell So Many Lies? 3 hr White Fangs 118
News Horse, rider die after collision with car | The... (Nov '09) 7 hr Escondito 304
DC Scandal is about to blow wide open 7 hr 404 not found 65
What Has Happened To America? 10 hr Trudy 168
Investigate the DOJ and FBI 16 hr Enter Username 77

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages