of 8
Next Last

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#158 Apr 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying that Columbus has a tax based on days spent in the office?
The city you pay taxes to for a particular day (if it's not your city of residence) is determined by where you start that workday.

There was a big brouhaha over it a few years ago involving state employees, but I can't seem to find reference to it now. Columbus was trying to get taxes from employees who worked elsewhere, but occasionally came to Columbus for meetings.

Planet Earth

#159 Apr 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Takes a bit more than just being out of the city for a number of days.
If one has an employer or source of income in another place, then that INCOME would not (necessarily) be subject to Columbus taxation. But, the number of days would be irrelevant--which is the point I was making.
Well, if you're earning income outside of Columbus, I was assuming it takes some units of time to do so.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#160 Apr 11, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't have a boss.
This is why you are so much fun.
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and had you ever had a job with a boss who receives 200 emails a day, then short sweet bullet pointed communications all of a sudden make sense if you want them read.
One post you have a boss, the next post you don't. One post you will never pay income tax again, the next you pay more taxes than Bill Gates. Keep 'em coming, Walter.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#161 Apr 11, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Columbus does not tax on days, it taxes on income.
want to bet?

PS: RITA is who to complain to......start running your ugly mouth.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#162 Apr 11, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
This is why you are so much fun.
<quoted text>
One post you have a boss, the next post you don't. One post you will never pay income tax again, the next you pay more taxes than Bill Gates. Keep 'em coming, Walter.
one minute you are as stupid as the strings on a football, the next you are bent over taking it up the azz.
VADoc

United States

#163 Apr 11, 2013
I really doubt reader is even employed or if she is she can't be productive in the slightest since she is always on here.

I've heard the banter about the bar meeting so I'm guessing some of you have met the woman in person so maybe she is employed. If so she must have the work ethic of a welfare recipient on a meth binge.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#164 Apr 12, 2013
VADoc wrote:
I really doubt reader is even employed or if she is she can't be productive in the slightest since she is always on here.
I've heard the banter about the bar meeting so I'm guessing some of you have met the woman in person so maybe she is employed. If so she must have the work ethic of a welfare recipient on a meth binge.
state social worker....does that explain your question?

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#165 Apr 12, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you're earning income outside of Columbus, I was assuming it takes some units of time to do so.
Again--taxation is on income, not the amount of time to earn it.

My job takes me outside Columbus at times, sometimes even beginning the day elsewhere. However, my employer is still located in Columbus.

For the most part people paying income tax in Columbus don't even have to file--unless for some reason they have income that is not being reported. They don't have to file because it is pretty much a straight-up percentage tax, no deductions or other complications.

And I reiterate--consider the source, which would be RS, who claimed to have relocated his company to the Netherlands in order to avoid US income tax.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#166 Apr 12, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
want to bet?
PS: RITA is who to complain to......start running your ugly mouth.
OK--prove it.

Planet Earth

#167 Apr 12, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Again--taxation is on income, not the amount of time to earn it.
My job takes me outside Columbus at times, sometimes even beginning the day elsewhere. However, my employer is still located in Columbus.
All state employees' employer is located in Columbus.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#168 Apr 12, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry you could not keep up.
public education?
PS: I don't see the Treaty of Tripoli ever mentioned, except by a liberal pushing an agenda driven false argument.
keeping up so far?
when addressing your liberal driven agenda with examples like Sharia Law, I am sorry you feel it irrelevant to the discussion.
Honestly.....90% of your posts are irrelevant to begin with.
Your inability to grasp an extreme example like stoning, or Sharia Law in a discussion of your agenda is not my problem. You do have proven brain damage by using your own posts as reference.
keep practicing.
You must flush these obfuscating reprobates out from the propaganda sewers into the light of day, and in the face of the winds of Truth - which topples their flimsy house-of-cards rationale every time. Good job, my friend!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#169 Apr 12, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
one minute you are as stupid as the strings on a football, the next you are bent over taking it up the azz.

Absolutely brilliant, dynamic comeback.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#170 Apr 15, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
OK--prove it.
prove you can pass a 4th grade math exam first.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#171 May 31, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why I know I'm better. I don't need to prove anything to someone like you.
Wolves don't lose sleep over the opinions of sheep.
how does it feel to be the lunch plate then?

you being a sheep, I am having lamb chops.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#172 May 31, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
how does it feel to be the lunch plate then?
you being a sheep, I am having lamb chops.
You seem like a sad person. Too bad for you.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#173 May 31, 2013
I don't know. The overblown fantasies look like they would be quite fun, if you didn't have anything else going for you.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#174 May 31, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like a sad person. Too bad for you.
I am sad.

I see people like you being taken to slaughter, and you voted for it.

you are going to demand me pay for your mistakes.

your brainwashing is ruining America.

25% of our population can't figure Kohls pricing when they have 15% off sales. Give me a break with your BS.

Today's society has it where the consumer ( one with money in hand) has to beg to spend it because people are so incompetent and lazy.

And one wonders why internet sales are putting retail out of business, I don't. Retail stores are forced to hire people like you. You stand there and act troubled to ring me out as if it is bothering you.

I avoid the cattle call of incompetent lazy human waste of times by educating myself prior to wasting a second of my time.

jobs are scarce for you because stores put in self checks for people like me.

UPS delivers to the door with a smile, and I avoid tax that otherwise would be wasted on your ilk. I will save that and spend it so manufacturing earns the money, and employees that actually work.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#175 May 31, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sad.
25% of our population can't figure Kohls pricing when they have 15% off sales. Give me a break with your BS.
Today's society has it where the consumer ( one with money in hand) has to beg to spend it because people are so incompetent and lazy.
And one wonders why internet sales are putting retail out of business, I don't. Retail stores are forced to hire people like you. You stand there and act troubled to ring me out as if it is bothering you.
I avoid the cattle call of incompetent lazy human waste of times by educating myself prior to wasting a second of my time.
UPS delivers to the door with a smile, and I avoid tax that otherwise would be wasted on your ilk. I will save that and spend it so manufacturing earns the money, and employees that actually work.
I think you should be sad because you're a freaking loon.

Jobs are scarce for me? No. I'm very educated, very experienced and have a very successful career for which I am handsomely paid.

You're a sad, sad "man" (I use that word loosely). Why don't you pray about it?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Pickerington, OH

#176 Jun 2, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sad.
I'd get rid of the glasses if I were you.

They just make you look creepier.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_loih02y7Ou1...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#177 Jun 2, 2013
Ah, back to revive the insults and then complain about those who use them (you being the exception). Too funny!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 1 hr Ghost of Walter D... 82
Jacob Ferrero 2 hr Spork 1
President Ebola 4 hr Catman Dave 684
Good morning BizzyBee and friends 5 hr Catman Dave 41
Breaking: Second Nurse w/ Ebola flies with 99.5... 5 hr Black Rhino 120
Federal Tax Revenue Tops 3Trillion 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Ebola in NYC 5 hr Neutral Party 3
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs