Cold, Sobering Reality 4 Marriage Red...
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#64 Apr 9, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
It's hard not to laugh at someone who doesn't know the difference between "to" and "too."
I don't need anyone to take me seriously.
Deflection. If you want to talk about abortion, talk about it when it's relevant. Right now we're talking about you condoning the act of picking up pieces of rock and throwing it at a live person in order to execute them all in the name of some religious persecution.
So, do you want to keep deflecting or do you want to continue explaining why stoning is an acceptable form of punishment in your mind?
and you want to talk deflection.

exactly where did I say I agree with stoning?

I never did.

I pulled a play from your book.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#65 Apr 9, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and you want to talk deflection.
exactly where did I say I agree with stoning?
I never did.
I pulled a play from your book.
I don't think you know the meaning of deflection.

Then say you don't condone stoning people to death. Saying "there aren't enough rocks to eliminate the unmoral [sic]" isn't exactly a condemnation of the practice.

I don't understand why some of you posters on here can't have an intelligent discussion without these little sophomoric comments.

Just answer the question, give evidence and be done with it.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#66 Apr 9, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. While we condemn other Islamic societies for enacting a theocracy that allows them to treat their citizens in an unspeakable manner, some in our society then turnaround and say we should do the same here - which is to say carry out the religious rules set forth by god. However, our founding fathers did not believe in creating a theocracy or any type of government dictated by religion. That is precisely why they created separation of church and state.
People in this country are free to believe as they like, worship as they like, etc. What they are not free to do is impose their religious beliefs on others, create a national religion or use religion to dictate governmental affairs.
"Our Constitution was created for a moral and rightious people, and is wholly inadequate for the government of any other"

And the "separation of church and state" is a propagated myth, a deliberate misreading of our founding fathers. It was designed to keep the state out of the church, not keep the church out of the state. Thomas Jefferson is widely cited as forming the rationale of the modern-day liberal interperetation of separation of church and state, but do you know where he attended church as president? In the Capitol Building! That's where services were held!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#67 Apr 9, 2013
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
"Our Constitution was created for a moral and rightious people, and is wholly inadequate for the government of any other"
And the "separation of church and state" is a propagated myth, a deliberate misreading of our founding fathers. It was designed to keep the state out of the church, not keep the church out of the state. Thomas Jefferson is widely cited as forming the rationale of the modern-day liberal interperetation of separation of church and state, but do you know where he attended church as president? In the Capitol Building! That's where services were held!
Yawn.

Where do you all go to memorize the same speeches?

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#68 Apr 9, 2013
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
And the "separation of church and state" is a propagated myth, a deliberate misreading of our founding fathers. It was designed to keep the state out of the church, not keep the church out of the state.
Bullshit! The church being "in the state" is why people fled England in the first place.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#69 Apr 10, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn.
Where do you all go to memorize the same speeches?
CPAC.

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#70 Apr 10, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you know the meaning of deflection.
Then say you don't condone stoning people to death. Saying "there aren't enough rocks to eliminate the unmoral [sic]" isn't exactly a condemnation of the practice.
I don't understand why some of you posters on here can't have an intelligent discussion without these little sophomoric comments.
Just answer the question, give evidence and be done with it.
because no matter the proof of fact, or that the majority has already spoken, your ilk won't listen or believe that everyone does not agree with them.

I could do nothing to change your view.

So in closing.....it is a waste of time debating any liberal.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#71 Apr 10, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Bullshit! The church being "in the state" is why people fled England in the first place.
you forgot taxation without representation.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#72 Apr 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
you forgot taxation without representation.
Now there is a unique take on history. Tell us more!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#73 Apr 10, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there is a unique take on history. Tell us more!
in your fantasy.........

did you ever hear of the Boston Tea Party?

or did you go to the liberal propaganda public school where they re-defined the tea party as a demonstration over minimum wage?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#74 Apr 10, 2013
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you've really convinced yourself of that, huh? That's why there is absolutely no mention of god, jesus, christianity or anything else in the Constitution, right? Our secular government protects the right for religion and non-religion.

Perhaps you should consult the Treaty of Tripoli:

"As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Musselmen; and as the said States never have entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mehomitan nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries."

This treaty clearly stands as a testament to the founding fathers' intentions regarding religion in society. We were formed and intended to be a secular nation. The Constitution also holds up the Treaty of Tripoli.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#75 Apr 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
because no matter the proof of fact, or that the majority has already spoken, your ilk won't listen or believe that everyone does not agree with them.
I could do nothing to change your view.
So in closing.....it is a waste of time debating any liberal.
Can you cite where the majority has spoken on the issue of stoning, please?

You seem like an angry, narrow-minded bigot. How sad for you.

Not everyone agrees with you, either, friend. That's a fact.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#76 Apr 10, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you cite where the majority has spoken on the issue of stoning, please?
You seem like an angry, narrow-minded bigot. How sad for you.
Not everyone agrees with you, either, friend. That's a fact.
and a treaty with a muslim country of pirates, does not constitute any policy with USA citizens.

can you name a single treaty that has impacted any way of a USA citizens life?

just one?

maybe you need to read the 1st amendment. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.

can we say sharia law, a lesson learned from dealing with the Muslim pirates?

and since you want to recognize a 225 year old treaty with pirates as proof our founding fathers separated church from state, or God as assistance to grow a moral society, Then I suggest you read another document our founding fathers wrote..........

the Declaration of Independence......... your creator, and supreme judge of the world refer to whom?

hint.....it is not Obama.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#77 Apr 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
and a treaty with a muslim country of pirates, does not constitute any policy with USA citizens.
can you name a single treaty that has impacted any way of a USA citizens life?
just one?
maybe you need to read the 1st amendment. Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof.
can we say sharia law, a lesson learned from dealing with the Muslim pirates?
and since you want to recognize a 225 year old treaty with pirates as proof our founding fathers separated church from state, or God as assistance to grow a moral society, Then I suggest you read another document our founding fathers wrote..........
the Declaration of Independence......... your creator, and supreme judge of the world refer to whom?
hint.....it is not Obama.
Seriously, is English your second language? Your thoughts are quite scattered.

The Declaration of Independence (which I knew you'd bring up so thanks for being predictable) does not represent any law of the United States. It is merely - and think hard on this one - a DECLARATION of independence. It also came BEFORE any establishment of our government. This document holds no legal power in this country. The DoI also says nothing about the rights of men being secured by Christianity and in fact says governments are instituted by men.

Thomas Jefferson was the author of the DoI. He was a deist. There is nothing specifically about the god he mentions being the god of Christianity.

As for your first statement, if you say the Treaty of Tripoli isn't pertinent, you are going against what the Constitution says. All treaties are to be upheld regardless of age or relevancy.

As for your comments about Sharia law...this has no relevancy to this discussion. Learn how to separate your thoughts and articulate yourself more clearly.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#78 Apr 10, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Declaration of Independence (which I knew you'd bring up so thanks for being predictable) does not represent any law of the United States. It is merely - and think hard on this one - a DECLARATION of independence. It also came BEFORE any establishment of our government. This document holds no legal power in this country. The DoI also says nothing about the rights of men being secured by Christianity and in fact says governments are instituted by men.
Thomas Jefferson was the author of the DoI. He was a deist. There is nothing specifically about the god he mentions being the god of Christianity.
As for your first statement, if you say the Treaty of Tripoli isn't pertinent, you are going against what the Constitution says. All treaties are to be upheld regardless of age or relevancy.
As for your comments about Sharia law...this has no relevancy to this discussion. Learn how to separate your thoughts and articulate yourself more clearly.
sorry you could not keep up.

public education?

PS: I don't see the Treaty of Tripoli ever mentioned, except by a liberal pushing an agenda driven false argument.

keeping up so far?

when addressing your liberal driven agenda with examples like Sharia Law, I am sorry you feel it irrelevant to the discussion.

Honestly.....90% of your posts are irrelevant to begin with.

Your inability to grasp an extreme example like stoning, or Sharia Law in a discussion of your agenda is not my problem. You do have proven brain damage by using your own posts as reference.

keep practicing.

Location hidden

#79 Apr 10, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
He's just working off the talking points given to him by others.

Problem is that he isn't able to support, or even clearly articulate them to form an argument.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#80 Apr 10, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Problem is that he isn't able to support, or even clearly articulate them to form an argument.
according to the other liberal woman men run from.

taking your advice is sure to make or keep you poor, and alone till death.

see your track record as fact check.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#81 Apr 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
sorry you could not keep up.
public education?
PS: I don't see the Treaty of Tripoli ever mentioned, except by a liberal pushing an agenda driven false argument.
keeping up so far?
when addressing your liberal driven agenda with examples like Sharia Law, I am sorry you feel it irrelevant to the discussion.
Honestly.....90% of your posts are irrelevant to begin with.
Your inability to grasp an extreme example like stoning, or Sharia Law in a discussion of your agenda is not my problem. You do have proven brain damage by using your own posts as reference.
keep practicing.
Sigh. Let's try this again. It seems you can't read OR speak English very well. I've already posted this, but I'll post it again since it seems you're slow:

Article 6 of the Constitution (you still with me? need a break?)

All Debts contracted and Engagements entered into, before the Adoption of this Constitution, shall be as valid against the United States under this Constitution, as under the Confederation.

This Constitution, and the Laws of the United States which shall be made in Pursuance thereof; and all Treaties made, or which shall be made, under the Authority of the United States, shall be the supreme Law of the Land; and the Judges in every State shall be bound thereby, any Thing in the Constitution or Laws of any State to the Contrary notwithstanding.

Did you get all that? Do you need an interpreter?

Let's see if you can continue to follow. In the Treaty of Tripoli, it was stated that the United States (that's where I assume you live) was NOT founded as a Christian nation or founded under Christian principles.

Now, I know that's a lot of information to put in your tiny little head, but you should try it.

The United States was not meant to be a theocracy. The United States in not governed by laws inspired by the Christian bible. And as I've already proven, the Declaration of Independence (don't think I forgot that you tried to make that a relevant argument - and failed) is not a document that has anything to do with our laws and does not mention Christianity or any Christian god. It was written by a deist (look it up if you don't know what that means).

Sometimes you just can't fix stupid.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#82 Apr 10, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
I've noticed this. He's quite the dim bulb.

Location hidden

#83 Apr 10, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
according to the other liberal woman men run from.
\

Speak for yourself, fool!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
August 21 - When it All Hits the Fan 9 min 404 not found 3
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 10 min Mojo Risen 1,249
breaking: antifa members protesting soros deman... 1 hr Mud, James Mud 2
News Fair tragedy: Victim enlisted in Marines 1 hr Stevie Wonder 41
News 2 Columbus council members endorse Nan Whaley f... 8 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Party In Crisis–Anti Trump Approach/Identity Po... 12 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Democratic voter base declines 12 hr Duke for Mayor 2
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 16 hr ImPeach 156

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web