“Ignorance is bliss.”

Since: May 11

Hightstown, NJ

#44 Apr 8, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
not necessary.
Christ himself will execute non-beleivers.
read revelations.
I don't believe in that nonsense. But you specifically made it sound like Christian males are going to or should start "exterminating" those who go against what you deem god's law.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#45 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I asked. I asked why, if you are going to use the bible to dictate laws governed in this country, we don't stone women to death who have engaged in premarital sex?
Those passages were reflecting the brutal, archaic history of the time -practices Jesus later condemned - and are separate from the doctrines of the Christian faith itself.

What many people discount is the Bible is a history book as well, preserving into record the injustices of the day.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#46 Apr 8, 2013
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Those passages were reflecting the brutal, archaic history of the time -practices Jesus later condemned - and are separate from the doctrines of the Christian faith itself.
What many people discount is the Bible is a history book as well, preserving into record the injustices of the day.
What many people like you do not seem understand at even the most elementary of levels, is that this is not a theocracy, and therefore, your postulations about what is proper have absolutely nothing to do with the rule of law.

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#47 Apr 8, 2013
Listen4truth wrote:
<quoted text>
So, the old testament was still the word of god, but Jesus later condemned the word of god and said we shouldn't adhere to anything told to man by god previous to Jesus' birth? Why the change of heart?

Jesus never actually condemned homosexuality, but according to the new testament only referred to the previous word of god which said man shall only lie with woman and so on and so forth (which, is in the old testament). So if he still encouraged a law set forth by god in the old testament, when did he ever negate the rest of the old testament?

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#48 Apr 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
What many people like you do not seem understand at even the most elementary of levels, is that this is not a theocracy, and therefore, your postulations about what is proper have absolutely nothing to do with the rule of law.
woof
This is true. While we condemn other Islamic societies for enacting a theocracy that allows them to treat their citizens in an unspeakable manner, some in our society then turnaround and say we should do the same here - which is to say carry out the religious rules set forth by god. However, our founding fathers did not believe in creating a theocracy or any type of government dictated by religion. That is precisely why they created separation of church and state.

People in this country are free to believe as they like, worship as they like, etc. What they are not free to do is impose their religious beliefs on others, create a national religion or use religion to dictate governmental affairs.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#49 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
This is true. While we condemn other Islamic societies for enacting a theocracy that allows them to treat their citizens in an unspeakable manner, some in our society then turnaround and say we should do the same here - which is to say carry out the religious rules set forth by god. However, our founding fathers did not believe in creating a theocracy or any type of government dictated by religion. That is precisely why they created separation of church and state.
People in this country are free to believe as they like, worship as they like, etc. What they are not free to do is impose their religious beliefs on others, create a national religion or use religion to dictate governmental affairs.
Yes, but they get so very upset when patriotic Americans actually assert their First Amendment rights...like using the Courts to force elected officials to remove offensive religious symbols from public schools, for example.

I truly enjoy their displays of ignorant hypocrisy...its exactly why I egg them on so often. Its amazing to hear what gets elicited so easily from such "religious" people.

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#50 Apr 8, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, but they get so very upset when patriotic Americans actually assert their First Amendment rights...like using the Courts to force elected officials to remove offensive religious symbols from public schools, for example.
I truly enjoy their displays of ignorant hypocrisy...its exactly why I egg them on so often. Its amazing to hear what gets elicited so easily from such "religious" people.
woof
Want to hear ignorance? I recently had this argument with my cousin who used our money as an example of how this is a Christian nation (because we have "In God We Trust" and "god" in the pledge of allegiance). I was quick to inform her that both of these were added not long ago. She honestly didn't know.

As for religious symbols in public arenas - I can be down with that. As long as all religions are represented. They keep whining about prayer in school. Prayer IS allowed in school, but you just can't force others to partake.

I remember when I was in elementary school and we had a halloween party. A girl whose parents were uber religious asked that she be excused from class because they didn't want her celebrating a pagan holiday. It goes both ways, but you only hear about it when it's THEIR "rights" that are infringed upon.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#51 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's not what I asked. I asked why, if you are going to use the bible to dictate laws governed in this country, we don't stone women to death who have engaged in premarital sex?
we don't have enough loose rock to eliminate the unmoral in the USA.

mans law does not influence Christians.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#52 Apr 8, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
not necessary.
Christ himself will execute non-beleivers.
read revelations.
Don't think Christ was white.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#53 Apr 8, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
we don't have enough loose rock to eliminate the unmoral in the USA.
mans law does not influence Christians.
It's not man's law. And it's immoral, btw. So, I guess that's an admission that you approve of stoning.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#54 Apr 8, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't think Christ was white.
Not even a little bit.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#55 Apr 8, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not even a little bit.
Yet it's interesting how the left enjoys playing the race card in that respect for absolutely no reason.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#56 Apr 8, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Yet it's interesting how the left enjoys playing the race card in that respect for absolutely no reason.
Guess you haven't read the rest of the posts on this thread.

woof

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Westerville, OH

#57 Apr 8, 2013
<quoted text>Yet it's interesting how the left enjoys playing the race card in that respect for absolutely no reason.
I've never seen anyone play the race card when it comes to the ethnicity of a man who purportedly lived 2000+ years ago. But I can tell you he wasn't an Eastern European...lol. It's not a lie to say that depictions of Christ have been Anglicized. They have. It doesn't bother me. I just find it strange that people may have an issue with non-whites but worship a man who wasn't white.

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#58 Apr 8, 2013
The reason is that Karl was claiming that folks could look forward to being killed by the Christian White Man.

RS took it further and claimed that the Christian White Man who was going to carry this out will be Christ.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#59 Apr 8, 2013
Maybe Michael Jackson was really JC? Spooky!!!

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#60 Apr 9, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in that nonsense. But you specifically made it sound like Christian males are going to or should start "exterminating" those who go against what you deem god's law.
why does that surprise you?

for thousands of years it has been occurring.

ask a Muslim what they do with those going against God's law.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#61 Apr 9, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
why does that surprise you?
for thousands of years it has been occurring.
ask a Muslim what they do with those going against God's law.
When a Muslim talks on one of these threads about stoning people to death, I certainly shall. But for right now, I'm talking to you because you're condoning a horrific action. I've watched someone be stoned to death. It's awful and I can't imagine why anyone would say it's an acceptable practice.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#62 Apr 9, 2013
Mpnf1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
When a Muslim talks on one of these threads about stoning people to death, I certainly shall. But for right now, I'm talking to you because you're condoning a horrific action. I've watched someone be stoned to death. It's awful and I can't imagine why anyone would say it's an acceptable practice.
I am sorry....it is to hard not to laugh at you.

stoning is bad, abortion is good.

and you think anyone is going to take you seriously?

keep dreaming.

“Ignorance is bliss.”

Hightstown, NJ

#63 Apr 9, 2013
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sorry....it is to hard not to laugh at you.
stoning is bad, abortion is good.
and you think anyone is going to take you seriously?
keep dreaming.
It's hard not to laugh at someone who doesn't know the difference between "to" and "too."

I don't need anyone to take me seriously.

Deflection. If you want to talk about abortion, talk about it when it's relevant. Right now we're talking about you condoning the act of picking up pieces of rock and throwing it at a live person in order to execute them all in the name of some religious persecution.

So, do you want to keep deflecting or do you want to continue explaining why stoning is an acceptable form of punishment in your mind?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 11 min Neutral Party 3,558
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 hr Old Timer 960
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 5 hr d pantz 90
Marion Woman Sentenced To 5 Years For Taking Sh... 6 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 6 hr -The-Artist- 57
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 6 hr They cannot kill ... 317
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 hr ino 31,495
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 13 hr Duke for Mayor 385
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search