Did Someone Say, "Civil War"?

Did Someone Say, "Civil War"?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Sep 27, 2013
"It's dangerous. It's very dangerous. I believe, Mr. President, we are at one of the most dangerous points in our history right now. Every bit as dangerous as the break-up of the Union before the Civil War."

---Senator Tom Harkin,(D) Iowa
Friday, 27 September 2013

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#2 Sep 27, 2013
Gee...where are Che and tramp and their big mouths now?
yeah baby

Columbus, OH

#3 Sep 27, 2013
The filthy leftists including that CS-ing scumbag obama are just pushing for a civil war...he and they seem to think that DHS and the muslim bruhthuh-hood will be sufficient muscle to pull it off.

And don't forget that there will be a civil war within the military as well.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#4 Sep 27, 2013
yeah baby wrote:
The filthy leftists including that CS-ing scumbag obama are just pushing for a civil war...he and they seem to think that DHS and the muslim bruhthuh-hood will be sufficient muscle to pull it off.
And don't forget that there will be a civil war within the military as well.
When Rob Portman of all people votes our way as he did today, that tells me we're closer than I thought.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Sep 27, 2013
Half-time's windin' down.
Bring. It.

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#6 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
Gee...where are Che and tramp and their big mouths now?
Lol!
They're busy preparing their posts to you.
Dumba$$e$
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#7 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
Gee...where are Che and tramp and their big mouths now?
You are too stupid and too consumed by your agenda to understand the quote.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#8 Sep 27, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Half-time's windin' down.
Bring. It.
Are you talking about Nate's "No tag backs" war?

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#9 Sep 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You are too stupid and too consumed by your agenda to understand the quote.
No, moron...you've been burned and you.are.pissed.
What do you think "That is the path they see for taking over the government. Itís dangerous, very dangerous.... Every bit as dangerous as the break up and the Civil War" means?
Harkin is speaking of the fracturing of the Union. And just what do you think will happen then?

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#10 Sep 27, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol!
They're busy preparing their posts to you.
Dumba$$e$
She failed, miserably.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#11 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>No, moron...you've been burned and you.are.pissed.
What do you think "That is the path they see for taking over the government. Itís dangerous, very dangerous.... Every bit as dangerous as the break up and the Civil War" means?
Harkin is speaking of the fracturing of the Union. And just what do you think will happen then?
One, you got the quote wrong. Two, he said what the GOP is doing is "as dangerous as the break up of the union before the Civil War." He didn't say it would result in the break up of the union. He didn't say it was the same situation. He didn't say we were on the brink of Civil War. He tried, in a very hamhanded way, to demonstrate the level of danger he thought we are dealing with. You are too blind to understand. If a history teacher mentions the Civil War in a high school class, you would cite that as evidence.

Anyone who suggests that war is an appropriate method for solving issues that face this country is an ignorant, reckless, fool. Let me lay a Bible verse on you, Nate:

"He who troubles his own house shall inherit the wind."
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#12 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>She failed, miserably.
Look what your God Brietbart has to say about your claim:

"Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin is so upset it might not be business as usual in Washington he's making ridiculous comparisons to the Civil War."

"Even the National Journal is forced to point out how ridiculous is the comparison."

http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/27...

You struck out again, 3.1.

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#13 Sep 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
One, you got the quote wrong. Two, he said what the GOP is doing is "as dangerous as the break up of the union before the Civil War." He didn't say it would result in the break up of the union. He didn't say it was the same situation. He didn't say we were on the brink of Civil War. He tried, in a very hamhanded way, to demonstrate the level of danger he thought we are dealing with. You are too blind to understand. If a history teacher mentions the Civil War in a high school class, you would cite that as evidence.
Anyone who suggests that war is an appropriate method for solving issues that face this country is an ignorant, reckless, fool. Let me lay a Bible verse on you, Nate:
"He who troubles his own house shall inherit the wind."
The quote is wrong? Says who, idiot?

"It's dangerous. It's very dangerous. I believe, Mr. President, we are at one of the most dangerous points in our history right now. Every bit as dangerous as the break-up of the Union before the Civil War."
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/senat...

Then you desperately grasp with the claim that Harkin's remarks were "ham-handed." Would you like to try for "out of context"? How about "misunderstood"?

Good God, woman...as your daddy says, "Words have meaning." Unless your sorry ass is backed into a corner, right?

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#14 Sep 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Look what your God Brietbart has to say about your claim:
"Iowa Democrat Tom Harkin is so upset it might not be business as usual in Washington he's making ridiculous comparisons to the Civil War."
"Even the National Journal is forced to point out how ridiculous is the comparison."
http://www.breitbart.com/InstaBlog/2013/09/27...
You struck out again, 3.1.
Breitbart is dead. Dan Reiehl is a blogger with an opinion.
You know what those are, don't you Bugaboo?
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#15 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>The quote is wrong? Says who, idiot?
"It's dangerous. It's very dangerous. I believe, Mr. President, we are at one of the most dangerous points in our history right now. Every bit as dangerous as the break-up of the Union before the Civil War."
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/senat...
Then you desperately grasp with the claim that Harkin's remarks were "ham-handed." Would you like to try for "out of context"? How about "misunderstood"?
Good God, woman...as your daddy says, "Words have meaning." Unless your sorry ass is backed into a corner, right?
I was replying to you post #9. In that post, you had the quote wrong. I really don't care who you think says a civil war is coming, you, Karl, Tom Harkin, Howard Stern, George Will, or anyone else. Whoever says such a thing is being reckless and stupid.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#16 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Breitbart is dead. Dan Reiehl is a blogger with an opinion.
You know what those are, don't you Bugaboo?
Well, I guess that applies to yours as well, eh 3.1?

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#17 Sep 27, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I guess that applies to yours as well, eh 3.1?
Except mine is worth more than yours on the subject, just as yours would be worth more in a discussion of the law.
Get it?
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#18 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>The quote is wrong? Says who, idiot?
"It's dangerous. It's very dangerous. I believe, Mr. President, we are at one of the most dangerous points in our history right now. Every bit as dangerous as the break-up of the Union before the Civil War."
http://www.nationaljournal.com/congress/senat...
Then you desperately grasp with the claim that Harkin's remarks were "ham-handed." Would you like to try for "out of context"? How about "misunderstood"?
Good God, woman...as your daddy says, "Words have meaning." Unless your sorry ass is backed into a corner, right?
You have taken Mr. Harkin's quote completely out of context.

You are stupid.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#19 Sep 27, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
<quoted text>Except mine is worth more than yours on the subject, just as yours would be worth more in a discussion of the law.
Get it?
So....a bachelor's degree in International Relations confers expertise on the history of and potential for internal American Civil Wars?

How?

woof

Diamond Eugene

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#20 Sep 27, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You have taken Mr. Harkin's quote completely out of context.
You are stupid.
woof
LOL! Has your daughter been crying to you, Eric?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican Lunacy 12 min They cannot kill ... 6
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? 1 hr d pants 154
SORRY Now I voted for trump. 4 hr Big B 16
News Columbus woman found in Coshocton County died o... 4 hr Big B 2
America Held Hostage Day 126 4 hr Big B 2
Anyone seen Sidekick or Tip 7 hr They cannot kill ... 78
TrumpCare Cost Increases $12,000 for 64 year old 7 hr They cannot kill ... 5
!!Add a word drop a word !! (Jun '12) 7 hr Reality Speaks 544
America Held Hostage Day 125 8 hr Reality Speaks 31
School's Out For Summer 12 hr They cannot kill ... 19
America Held Hostage Day 123 16 hr Reality Speaks 102

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages