“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Lewis Center, OH

#1 Dec 29, 2013
Okay, kcal count on vending machines now? If you don't know that eating funyuns, drinking diet coke, stealing wi-fi in a speedaway isn't healthy thank goodness someone is telling me it isn't.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#2 Dec 29, 2013
I'm uncertain whether stealing wi-fi at Speedway is healthy or unhealthy. There are now vending machines in Speedway? Hey...that might be a good idea. Every Speedway I've ever been in seems to have more than its fair share of low-end shoplifters.

I myself prefer to steal wi-fi at Starbucks or Panera or the local library. They provide seats. No need to balance the laptop or iPad on the stacks of junk food where it's quite possible to commit suicide a la Darwin Award method. Imagine being nominated because of ton of potato chips and Little Debbies crushed you!
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Dec 29, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
Okay, kcal count on vending machines now? If you don't know that eating funyuns, drinking diet coke, stealing wi-fi in a speedaway isn't healthy thank goodness someone is telling me it isn't.
Why do you care, you stupid cow? Is it a big inconvenience to your life, like no Christmas in Somalia?

This is just more of your self-centered bossiness. You do not care what kind of crap you eat so no one else should know either.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#4 Dec 29, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you care, you stupid cow? Is it a big inconvenience to your life, like no Christmas in Somalia?
This is just more of your self-centered bossiness. You do not care what kind of crap you eat so no one else should know either.
You seem to like that slam, "cow." Tell me, exactly, how would you know if she is a cow? She obviously can type, no hooves, but opposable thumbs. She can communicate with words, not moos.

Wee boy, you're just a jerk.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#5 Dec 29, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You were a playground bully, weren't you?
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#6 Dec 29, 2013
I try to avoid vending machines and takeout food, but that isn't always possible. I have to admit that I look at the calorie counts to help decide what to get or if I even need to get anything. It's more of a decision in that moment as opposed to an overall healthy/unhealthy lifestyle IMO.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#7 Dec 29, 2013
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/201...

This is more of the Oblamocare effect. Of course, the estimated cost of $25M annually to those companies that provide these machines will be passed along to their customers. More indirect taxes....and like Glitter says, if someone has to tell me that crap is bad for me we've already lost the battle.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#8 Dec 29, 2013
BTW, if the libs get their way we will soon have a fast food tax. This will hit Enormous Wide Ass Rider right where it hurts.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Dec 29, 2013
Neutral Party wrote:
BTW, if the libs get their way we will soon have a fast food tax. This will hit Enormous Wide Ass Rider right where it hurts.
I doubt we are far away from a VAT tax on all goods and services. At least it would be more fair as everyone would have to pay it. That way we'd collect a little tax from the welfare receipents and WIC crowd. And it's a large crowd the rest of us are supporting.
But then I'm sure the libs will find a way to exempt their supporters.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#10 Dec 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt we are far away from a VAT tax on all goods and services. At least it would be more fair as everyone would have to pay it. That way we'd collect a little tax from the welfare receipents and WIC crowd. And it's a large crowd the rest of us are supporting.
And the Black Market will get even busier.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 29, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You say 'cow' wide rider says 'sow'....birds of a feather and all that. Good compnay you're putting yourself in there, bj.

And hey fool, Glitter's a dietitian, so I'll bow to her wisdom. She cares about a bit more than what directly impacts her life...but you can't grasp that, can you?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#12 Dec 29, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
The calorie count is always on the BACK of the package, so you can't read it without buying. About the only thing in a vending machine that's good for you is peanuts, and those are questionable.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#13 Dec 29, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Another tax is the last thing we need. I might consider this is several other taxes would be eliminated. But that is like the sun not coming up each morning, not gonna happen.

We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.

Location hidden

#14 Dec 29, 2013
Neutral Party wrote:
<quoted text>
Another tax is the last thing we need. I might consider this is several other taxes would be eliminated. But that is like the sun not coming up each morning, not gonna happen.
We have a spending problem, not a revenue problem.
NP, I couldn't agree more. And living in a non-sales tax state, I sure don't promote it. But the spending and give aways aren't going to stop.
Duke for Mayor

Cleveland, OH

#15 Dec 29, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
Lay off, you clod or you will deal with me, myself & I. You don't want to be on my list.

woof
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#16 Dec 29, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
The calorie count is always on the BACK of the package, so you can't read it without buying. About the only thing in a vending machine that's good for you is peanuts, and those are questionable.
Not anymore.

http://www.nbcnews.com/video/nightly-news/539...

Lewis Center, OH

#17 Dec 30, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Several points Mr. Rowdy.

There is more to consider than just kcal/serving in nutrition info.

If you are choosing to consume out of a vending machine, you should assume it isn't always a good choice. Anyone that thinks a snickers bar is healthy...

Pretzels are also a good choice. Peanuts are not all bad, good source of protein.

Lewis Center, OH

#18 Dec 30, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
What did you drink yesterday as you posted this? You make absolutely no sense in your response to my comment.

Why am I not shocked?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#19 Dec 30, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Several points Mr. Rowdy.
There is more to consider than just kcal/serving in nutrition info.
If you are choosing to consume out of a vending machine, you should assume it isn't always a good choice. Anyone that thinks a snickers bar is healthy...
Pretzels are also a good choice. Peanuts are not all bad, good source of protein.
Pretzels and peanuts equal tons of salt. I haven't bought anything from a vending machine in over a year.

Lewis Center, OH

#20 Dec 30, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Pretzels and peanuts equal tons of salt. I haven't bought anything from a vending machine in over a year.
. Made a general point, you putting coins in a vending machine, I would slap your hand. Out of love of course

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rondale Sullivan Sr. 11 min Big Johnson 3
Obama rated 5th best POTUS in history! 56 min They cannot kill ... 5
News Ex-sheriff's detective wins dismissal of key se... (May '06) 3 hr TrackThat 1,220
Obama names Mt McKinley, Denali 5 hr d pants 31
Hardee har harctic 8 hr Spot for Guvnah 1
News Columbus schools to pay more for police officers 9 hr They cannot kill ... 6
News Columbus City Officials Working To Remove Smell... 9 hr yeah baby 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages