Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

gokeefe wrote:
I'm with Spookie on the roast lamb. Oh my gawd is that good stuff.
Add to that kielbasa, pierogi, and sweet/sour cabbage on the holidays. And Mohr's soda.(Local to Toledo, don't even think it's in business any longer.)
I've tried one tiny grilled lamb chop and it was ok but not my cup of...lamb?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

GlitterSucks wrote:
OMG tried to use the word eth-nicity and got the big ol' warning that I was being mean. Sigh.
I've been warned many times, posted anyway. I haven't been booted yet!
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I can make the moistest weed brownies, sprinkled with bath-salts laid on an elegant sheet of LSD. YUM-YUM!(LOL)

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

sidekick wrote:
I can make the moistest weed brownies, sprinkled with bath-salts laid on an elegant sheet of LSD. YUM-YUM!(LOL)
Why is it I don't believe you would do that?
Yuk
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Why is it I don't believe you would do that?
Yuk
I'm only clowning. Although, I do remember trying some weed(only) brownies back in the day. I don't know if I had a buzz off them or not, but they were OK tasting.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm only clowning. Although, I do remember trying some weed(only) brownies back in the day. I don't know if I had a buzz off them or not, but they were OK tasting.
I have never had any drug of any kind nor do I want to....
All I need is one glass of wine and you can't shut me up.....yakety yakety yak!.....lol
I'm giggly enough without anything, let alone a drug....

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
The problem seems to be too small a glass. If it were large enough you would pass out, thus no yakity yack yack.
Lol....
But, but, but, I would be a happy camper longer.......with a smaller glass
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
I have never had any drug of any kind nor do I want to....
All I need is one glass of wine and you can't shut me up.....yakety yakety yak!.....lol
I'm giggly enough without anything, let alone a drug....
I never really liked wine. It seemed to tart for my taste buds. Anyhow, back when I drank, I'd have the whole crowd rolling from my goofy antics also. But, i've grown to enjoy sobriety nowadays.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I never really liked wine. It seemed to tart for my taste buds. Anyhow, back when I drank, I'd have the whole crowd rolling from my goofy antics also. But, i've grown to enjoy sobriety nowadays.
I'm so happy to hear it!
People can have fun without the "stuff".
Once I start giggling, it's over.....everything is funny.....

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty much a beer only guy, with a margarita thrown in here and there. The last couple of times I tried to drink wine, I was violently sick.

Since: Jan 12

Mantua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Boiled pigs feet, fried pig ears, chitlins, hog maws, sauerkraut, black eyed peas, corn bread, Cole slaw, Frank's red hot, Collard greens, fried catfish, dumplings, peach cobbler, apple pie, fried chicken, sweet potato baked with brown sugar and butter, corn on the cob, fried corn mash,was the meal for reunions down south.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty much a beer only guy, with a margarita thrown in here and there. The last couple of times I tried to drink wine, I was violently sick.
IMO, the cheaper the wine, the better it tasted. But, like I said...I was no sommelier.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
No thanks on the lamb.
The stuffed hog sounds good....lots of meat
Growing up my uncles would hunt squirrel and roast it....as we ate, we came across the bb's...lol
I watched them hang and skin them....they were good!
Did you ever have ostrich steak? Or crocodile hamburgers? YUM!
LOL, I'm with you there. Picking the shot out of your duck breast sandwich when you're four years old. Kids today miss so much!

Frog's legs. My dad's and my favorite. There used to be an elite restaurant in Hollywood FL that served them. And turtle soup. Very good.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Boiled pigs feet, fried pig ears, chitlins, hog maws, sauerkraut, black eyed peas, corn bread, Cole slaw, Frank's red hot, Collard greens, fried catfish, dumplings, peach cobbler, apple pie, fried chicken, sweet potato baked with brown sugar and butter, corn on the cob, fried corn mash,was the meal for reunions down south.
My grandfather and his brothers used to eat pig's feet with some kind of beans. I never tried it.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
I found half the shit disgusting,(no offense). Some is pretty good though.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
People try to fancy it up by calling it soul food, but you found this kind of food in most poor southern homes. Aside from the hog parts mentioned here, I've had all this when travelling in the south.Its haute cuisine now.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Pigs feet are delicious,especially in spaghetti sauce. The flavor is scrumptious!
When the kids were little, I had to hide them from the kids...they never knew but I told them as they grew older.

I think it's what you grew up with to develop a taste for certain foods.
Christmas Eve, our tradition is fish....Calamari,shrimp,cod fish,lobster,and back in the day, eel and smelts.
Every family and ethnics have their own special traditions, and a lot of the traditions came from Europe,from our great grandparents and grandparents.
Every year, I try to keep most on the menu but as the kids get older and marry out of the circle, we sort of had to change it up and add American foods to the menu.
Which is fine!!!!!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

<quoted text>
Pickled pigs feet. That was a real treat where I grew up. That and real head cheese not that gelatin filled luncheon meat crap.
Those ARE good! Grew up with that.
YUM!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Where's your pic?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

<quoted text>
http://www.retroplanet.com/blog/soda-pop-of-t...
I have had their grape and ginger ale when Kolb owned it for a short time
It was good stuff. I think the company finally shut down about the time one of the heiresses, Shannon Mohr, was murdered. It was much better than even Coke or Pepsi when I was a kid in the 60s and 70s. The cherry was the best, we always fought over the red bottles in the case LOL. My family bought it by the case, and would have a mix of all the flavors.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
When Will Obama DIE? 42 min Get Gone 3
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr Wait what 29
Debate: Ferguson - Columbus, OH 4 hr They cannot kill ... 66
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Jerry K 30,231
ISIS beheads James Foley 6 hr Free Pizza 4 U 89
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 6 hr Neutral Party 3,113
Apartments in good neighborhood 6 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 8 hr Duke for Mayor 223

Search the Columbus Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE