What's your family food traditions an...

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#23 Aug 15, 2013
Diamond Eugene wrote:
This is stick to your ribs food......delicious!!!

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#24 Aug 15, 2013
sidekick wrote:
My grandma handed down a recipe for pineapple cookies in which i've never seen a similar flavor/name to exist.
As for our traditions... Nothing out of the unordinary, maybe a little more from scratch than a lot of families I know.
Now, childhood era; I remember grandpa always having dried beef (in a jar) that I loved as a kid. And, one favorite homemade recipe, chicken gravy made from the chicken backs and my moms great love.{/; >)
The cookies sound scrumcious.
I agree about making from scratch...I still do a lot from scratch...can't beat the taste and quality.
I'm happy to hear you cherished your mom...we only get one.....I miss mine terribly.=~}

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#25 Aug 15, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>WTF is wrong with a fish stick? They are especially delicious when you consume them as you tell your child that their fish died. Mother of the year!!!
Growing up that was THE THING....TATER TOTS ARE TOO MUSHY AND FAKE TASTING AND FISH STICKS...IS IT REALLY FISH?
EWWWWWW

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#26 Aug 15, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Gator is some of the best southern eatin' you will ever find.
Been to this place many times.
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurant_Review-...
Tell us oh weary traveler....of some weird foods you have encountered on your trips....

The ostrich steak tastes different from beef but an aquired taste...I ate it but won't get it again and on Marco Island I had the crock burger...was dry but very good tasting.
Love hush puppies.....

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#27 Aug 15, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell us oh weary traveler....of some weird foods you have encountered on your trips....
The ostrich steak tastes different from beef but an aquired taste...I ate it but won't get it again and on Marco Island I had the crock burger...was dry but very good tasting.
Love hush puppies.....
Where to start? Cabrito in Texas, turtle in Louisiana, buffalo in Oklahoma, muskrat in Mississippi, snails in South Carolina, gator, raw oysters and mullet in Florida, jack rabbit in New Mexico. Squirrel in West Virginia. The list is longer, but you get the idea.
Tazzie

UK

#28 Aug 15, 2013
When we lived by the ocean before moving to Greenfield my Grandpa the old mean bastard used to eat gulls eggs
Tazzie

UK

#29 Aug 15, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Where to start? Cabrito in Texas, turtle in Louisiana, buffalo in Oklahoma, muskrat in Mississippi, snails in South Carolina, gator, raw oysters and mullet in Florida, jack rabbit in New Mexico. Squirrel in West Virginia. The list is longer, but you get the idea.
oh hi Rowdy x

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#30 Aug 15, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have your own travel show...call it DIARY OF THE MAN WITH A BAG OVER HIS HEAD!
That should get the attention of foodies.
LOL
Seriously, it's great to try all different foods. There is one food, if you want to call it food, that I call it off limits....I'm sure you can guess.......lol

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#31 Aug 15, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You can have your own travel show...call it DIARY OF THE MAN WITH A BAG OVER HIS HEAD!
That should get the attention of foodies.
LOL
Seriously, it's great to try all different foods. There is one food, if you want to call it food, that I call it off limits....I'm sure you can guess.......lol
You're gonna have to give me a hint, Bizzy. lol

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#32 Aug 15, 2013
Tazzie wrote:
<quoted text> oh hi Rowdy x
Heya Tazzie. I'm not the rowdy you might think I am, although I lived in Greenfield for many years. Moved away about six years ago.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#33 Aug 15, 2013
Tazzie wrote:
When we lived by the ocean before moving to Greenfield my Grandpa the old mean bastard used to eat gulls eggs
LOL, considering the nasty stuff gulls eat, I'd imagine their eggs taste rotten right out of the bird.
Tazzie

London, UK

#34 Aug 15, 2013
I know you did Rowdy my mum misses you lol
Your not my lil sisters dad are you ?
Yes the old bastards breath stank

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#35 Aug 15, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
You're gonna have to give me a hint, Bizzy. lol
Really?
Ok...lets see. Hmmmmm.got it!
On the animal male anatomy, it is south of the boarder.......underneath and or around the hind quarters....you know.....
lmao
Saw on the chefs travels that there are restaurants who "specialize" in certain parts of a bull, or other animals...
Excuse me....have to puke ......

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#36 Aug 15, 2013
Tazzie wrote:
I know you did Rowdy my mum misses you lol
Your not my lil sisters dad are you ?
Yes the old bastards breath stank
ROFL, no.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#37 Aug 15, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Really?
Ok...lets see. Hmmmmm.got it!
On the animal male anatomy, it is south of the boarder.......underneath and or around the hind quarters....you know.....
lmao
Saw on the chefs travels that there are restaurants who "specialize" in certain parts of a bull, or other animals...
Excuse me....have to puke ......
Yep, Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods, seems to have an affinity for balls of all kinds.

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#38 Aug 15, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Andrew Zimmern of Bizarre Foods, seems to have an affinity for balls of all kinds.
Lol
That him! He's a loon and very daring and entertaining.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#39 Aug 16, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol
That him! He's a loon and very daring and entertaining.
Hubby and I went to see Anthony Bourdain; he said he has no clue how Andrew eats the stuff he does since he is a teetotaler. Tony admitted he can only eat some of the icky foods he does because of ETOH.

“THE ONE AND ONLY!”

Location hidden

#41 Aug 16, 2013
GlitterSucks wrote:
<quoted text>Hubby and I went to see Anthony Bourdain; he said he has no clue how Andrew eats the stuff he does since he is a teetotaler. Tony admitted he can only eat some of the icky foods he does because of ETOH.
Oh.
Still......I couldn't swallow half the crap he puts in his mouth. Eeewwwwwwww

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#43 Aug 16, 2013
I'm with Spookie on the roast lamb. Oh my gawd is that good stuff.

Add to that kielbasa, pierogi, and sweet/sour cabbage on the holidays. And Mohr's soda.(Local to Toledo, don't even think it's in business any longer.)

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#46 Aug 17, 2013
OMG tried to use the word eth-nicity and got the big ol' warning that I was being mean. Sigh.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Man shot near Ferguson protest….. 5 min Reality Speaks 254
They're Shooting News Reporters On Live TV 11 min Reality Speaks 72
HEY "reality freak" you FAT TURD! 12 min Reality Speaks 2
For Cat Lovers Only! 3 hr Doc 173
Ashley Ross 10 hr tony triplett 3
Obama names Mt McKinley, Denali 11 hr d pants 10
Annie THINKS HER EXPERIENCES ARE ENIQUE & BEYON... 12 hr Phil McCracken 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages