Columbus Puts 2 More Red Light Camera...

Columbus Puts 2 More Red Light Cameras Into Service | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News

There are 25 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Jun 1, 2011, titled Columbus Puts 2 More Red Light Cameras Into Service | WBNS-10TV, Central Ohio News. In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

The city put two more red light cameras into service early Wednesday morning. The new cameras are located at the corner of East Livingston Avenue and Yearling Road, and Reynoldsburg-New Albany Road and East Broad Street, 10TV News reported.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
amanwithnooption s

United States

#1 Jun 1, 2011
This camera needs to be put just up the street on E. Livingston and S. Hamilton Rd I lost count how many folks run that light and how many t-bone crashes have happend there.
ParkRangerSmith

Lancaster, OH

#2 Jun 1, 2011
East Livingston Avenue and Yearling Road... most of those cars through there will be stolen or you'll never collect from anyone there on a ticket anyway. They need to put those where people can afford and abuse the system. More so then the getto and poor areas.
Dan Gleesack

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 1, 2011
Wait for it, wait for it, wait for it.
(Begin whining now)
10TV is a rainbow flag

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 1, 2011
If you put a mirror on top of your car, the cameras will take a picture of themselves as running the red light. Will the cameras get warning letters too? Or the straight fines? If the government pays the fines for the cameras this will actually be the opposite of them ripping us off. Dumbasses.
Conner

Mesa, AZ

#5 Jun 1, 2011
10TV is a rainbow flag wrote:
If you put a mirror on top of your car, the cameras will take a picture of themselves as running the red light. Will the cameras get warning letters too? Or the straight fines? If the government pays the fines for the cameras this will actually be the opposite of them ripping us off. Dumbasses.
If you abide by the laws...then you won't have to be concerned about getting ripped off. Do as your suppose to and you'll be fine. Pretty simple if you ask me!!
SLT

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 1, 2011
I live by Rey-New Albany Road & E. Broad and I'm so thankful they installed the camera. I have suggested this a couple of times. It is a very dangerous intersection. Many people run the red lights on a daily basis, sometimes causing accidents. I hope this helps!
Nickels

Herndon, VA

#7 Jun 1, 2011
Conner wrote:
<quoted text>
If you abide by the laws...then you won't have to be concerned about getting ripped off. Do as your suppose to and you'll be fine. Pretty simple if you ask me!!
I bet the yellow light is non-existent at this intersection now before the light changes from green to red.

This is a common tactic they do to increase fines because people have no choice but to slam on their brakes and be rear-ended or run through the intersection since there is no warning the light is about to change.

Safety my rear. More like profiteering.
BUCKEYE BOB

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 1, 2011
and it also noted that faliure to pay will result in the city mailing you handcuffs and instructed to put on aswallow key and drive to the nearest police precinct
Beatrice

Mesa, AZ

#9 Jun 1, 2011
Nickels wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet the yellow light is non-existent at this intersection now before the light changes from green to red.
This is a common tactic they do to increase fines because people have no choice but to slam on their brakes and be rear-ended or run through the intersection since there is no warning the light is about to change.
WOW....your a very bitter person. Lighten up...they do not get rid of the yellow light when they install red light cameras. Just to satisfy yourself...why don't you go sit at the corner where there is a red light camera and you will see it will still change red,yellow and green.
Flippo

United States

#10 Jun 1, 2011
Nickels wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get your information? Off the back of a Rice Crispies box? You are a walking rumor mill just full of misinformation. Shut up.

Since: Jan 10

Grove City

#11 Jun 1, 2011
Red light running is definitely the biggest problem Columbus has going on! Undoubtedly!
Wheels

Wellston, OH

#12 Jun 1, 2011
Nickels wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't too far off. Instead of eliminating the red light, what has happened in several cities is they will shorten the yellow light to increase violations. They aren't betting on anyone fighting it so they just rack up the ticket revenues. One example is Chattanooga, TN: http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/13/qu...

Remember, it's all about $AFETY!
Nickels

Herndon, VA

#13 Jun 1, 2011
Wheels wrote:
<quoted text>
You aren't too far off. Instead of eliminating the red light, what has happened in several cities is they will shorten the yellow light to increase violations. They aren't betting on anyone fighting it so they just rack up the ticket revenues. One example is Chattanooga, TN: http://timesfreepress.com/news/2008/mar/13/qu...
Remember, it's all about $AFETY!
Thanks for the backup. I didn't have time to post any studies or check any "rice krispy treat boxes".

It's a simple thing to test. Take a stop watch and time how long it takes a light to go from green to red on a light with no camera and then do the same with a camera equipped one. I know it's homework but since you wanted to revert to grade school with the name calling you can try it for yourself.

Also the other tactic they pull is increasing the time required for a right turn on red. The law says complete stop but if you don't stop completely for about 5 seconds you're gonna get a ticket and have no method to contest it. It's basically taxation without representation. You can't face your accuser which is very wrong.
Thanks for backing me up. Didnt have time to post the sources off my "rice krispy box". For your nay Sayers go get a stop watch and time the time it takes to go from green to red on a camera equipped stop late and compare it to non camera equipped ones. I know it's homework but hey at least then you might believe me rather than just reverting to grade school tactics and using name calling.
AFreeman

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 1, 2011
the Broad and Reyn New Albany Rd lights need to be reset. The turning lane from Reynoldsburg W onto Broad is always very busy and too fast.

geez

Reynoldsburg, OH

#15 Jun 1, 2011
I agree with the one at Broad and Reyn New Albany, but I think it should of been installed at Broad and Waggoner first. That intersection has more accidents.
Phonman

Delaware, OH

#16 Jun 1, 2011
Just by the transparent reflective spray can and no ticket> http://www.phantomplate.com/
Bob

Blacklick, OH

#17 Jun 1, 2011
SLT wrote:
I live by Rey-New Albany Road & E. Broad and I'm so thankful they installed the camera. I have suggested this a couple of times. It is a very dangerous intersection. Many people run the red lights on a daily basis, sometimes causing accidents. I hope this helps!
Let the fines begin for the ghetto section 8 apartments behind the Bob Evans.
Shawn

Blacklick, OH

#18 Jun 1, 2011
tidedude2009 wrote:
Red light running is definitely the biggest problem Columbus has going on! Undoubtedly!
Wow, you do not hear much news. Seems like ghetto thugs gunning down people in their communities may make the top 10 list.
Ted

Urbana, OH

#19 Jun 1, 2011
I haven't through there lately, but they need a light at the corner of Sawmill and 161. Sometimes enough cars go thru a red light that only a few can get thru the light correctly going the opposite way. They would make enough money to pull Ohio out of the recession.

Since: Jan 10

Grove City

#20 Jun 1, 2011
Shawn wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you do not hear much news. Seems like ghetto thugs gunning down people in their communities may make the top 10 list.
I do watch the news and sarcasm is all that is left, unless a miracle happens in November.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now it has a name: Crossfire Hurricane 2 hr d pants 188
Sean Hannity 2 hr White Fangs 878
Are Whites A Minority In Columbus? 3 hr Larry Cheese 10
Bet Russia doesn't "OUT " their FBI counterpart... 4 hr Just saying 1
NO lying about the Harry, Meghan Wedding 4 hr Just saying 41
News Columbus to pay $30,000 to man stomped by polic... 9 hr They cannot kill ... 19
News BrewDog opens watering hole in Franklinton Upda... 10 hr They cannot kill ... 2

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages