Tim

Wellington, OH

#21 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
I've said it before and I'll proudly say it again, George H.W. Bush was a good President all in all. Between his diplomatic credentials, his thorough knowledge and understanding of our defense and intelligence communities. Something no one who has run since has had.
He failed to exploit the conditions of revolution in China, that mistake is going to haunt us for all of this century.

He also failed to make the case for going on to Baghdad, with our much more numerous forces and broader coalition, we could have had a democratic Middle East during the most pro-freedom period in world history.

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#22 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
That giant sucking sound he referred to was H.W.'s re-election chances.
I wonder how different things might be if that scenario played out. We may never have had to deal with Bush 43, though we may have gotten stuck with Gore.
We wouldn't have had Waco or Oklahoma City. Maybe not even the 1993 WTC bombing.
Alternate history is a hobby of mine. You can drive yourself crazy playing out scenarios.

Hilliard, OH

#23 Oct 3, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
He failed to exploit the conditions of revolution in China, that mistake is going to haunt us for all of this century.
He also failed to make the case for going on to Baghdad, with our much more numerous forces and broader coalition, we could have had a democratic Middle East during the most pro-freedom period in world history.
I'm torn on Tiananmen, but you are spot on about Iraq in 1991. Stormin' Norman was ready, willing and able to finish things.
imagine2011

United States

#24 Oct 3, 2012
Obama is lost without his teleprompter. He's getting text messages from someone and he still can't keep up with Romney.

He continues to lie about Romney's policies and Mitt is calling him out on it. Obama doesn't seem to like someone calling him out as being the liar that he is. He's had it too easy for 4 yrs. with all of the 'yes' men.
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#25 Oct 3, 2012
What's that running down my leg? Sheeit, the white guy's cleaning my clock.
Tim

Wellington, OH

#26 Oct 3, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>I'm torn on Tiananmen, but you are spot on about Iraq in 1991. Stormin' Norman was ready, willing and able to finish things.
I am willing to gamble when I see the chance for game changers.

Truman abandoned Chiang, while he was a corrupt tyrant, we certainly did business with worse people, and FDR openly aided Mao when we should have been destroying them. Due to that we hold responsibility to a degree for the genocide that took place afterwards, I truly wish this nation could make it up to the Chinese people by seeing out the Communists.

1989 was like Iran 2009, a golden opportunity.

Imagining what would have happened had we been more aggressive is like what would have happened if the British sunk the two German cruisers in the Mediterranean in 1914 before reaching Istanbul.

No Ottoman Empire in WWI, no Gallipoli, victory two years earlier without America. No collapse of the colonial empires. Third world isn't a dump.

One can dream...

“Hi-Yo Silver! Away!”

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#27 Oct 3, 2012
Kosmik wrote:
<quoted text>
I forgot to add, the Dems really screwed the pooch in '88 with Dukakis, Bensten would have been a shoo in and a great President.
No more short guys for president. Six feet tall minimum. Either party. You have no cred anymore if you're short. Of course short guys will dispute this.
Obama 2012

AOL

#28 Oct 3, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>You're not even a believable troll.
Are you the all knowing? Know-It-All

Just because I chose to use Obama, doesn't have a damn thing of being a troll.

Romney looks scared!

Get him Obama!
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#29 Oct 3, 2012
Jim L. throws his support my way again. Remember to send him a Ramadan goat.

Hilliard, OH

#30 Oct 3, 2012
Tim wrote:
<quoted text>
I am willing to gamble when I see the chance for game changers.
Truman abandoned Chiang, while he was a corrupt tyrant, we certainly did business with worse people, and FDR openly aided Mao when we should have been destroying them. Due to that we hold responsibility to a degree for the genocide that took place afterwards, I truly wish this nation could make it up to the Chinese people by seeing out the Communists.
1989 was like Iran 2009, a golden opportunity.
Imagining what would have happened had we been more aggressive is like what would have happened if the British sunk the two German cruisers in the Mediterranean in 1914 before reaching Istanbul.
No Ottoman Empire in WWI, no Gallipoli, victory two years earlier without America. No collapse of the colonial empires. Third world isn't a dump.
One can dream...
Indeed. Good 1989-2009 China-Iran analogy.
It was an act of Providence that we were gifted with the leadership to dispense with the Soviet Union. I fear we may have squandered that benevolence since...

Hilliard, OH

#32 Oct 3, 2012
Kemosahbe wrote:
<quoted text>
No more short guys for president. Six feet tall minimum. Either party. You have no cred anymore if you're short. Of course short guys will dispute this.
Too late for Bill Bradley.

Hilliard, OH

#33 Oct 3, 2012
LOL! Romney now killing Obama on Wall Street banks as Lehrer has to intervene to try and save Obama.
This is a Romney victory, hands down.
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#34 Oct 3, 2012
Thanks Jimmy, shut up the white dude and let me talk. Axelrod told me if I talk a lot people will think I know what I'm talking about.
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#35 Oct 3, 2012
I'm one arrogant son of smitch, ain't I Jimmy? Kiss it.
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#36 Oct 3, 2012
Damn, this dude's got an outline for every point. I'm losing my story line.
Wow

United States

#37 Oct 3, 2012
What's up with the stu-stu-stuttering Obama?
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#38 Oct 3, 2012
Wow wrote:
What's up with the stu-stu-stuttering Obama?
I'm uh missing my um prompter so uh cut me some uh slack.
imagine2011

United States

#39 Oct 3, 2012
Obama is an amatuer and it is truly showing tonight.

He acts like he is a highschool student.

Amatuer!
Obamas Thoughts

Lancaster, OH

#40 Oct 3, 2012
Uh please don't ask me about graduation rates right now uh ok.
imagine2011

United States

#41 Oct 3, 2012
whoooo hooooo!

Go Romney!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gas Prices Dip Below $2 A Gallon Across Central... 1 hr d pantz 2
Who do you side with in New York and why? 1 hr d pantz 18
Carolyn Bruck, channel 6 (Jan '12) 3 hr They cannot kill ... 328
COPS lives MATTER 4 hr They cannot kill ... 181
Everyone have a good Christmas? 4 hr They cannot kill ... 5
Joe Cocker is dead. 5 hr d pantz 67
2 magical days until Christmas 6 hr case closed biatches 69
Merry Christmas everybody 8 hr Duke for Mayor 35
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore