of 7
Next Last

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 May 30, 2013
http://tinyurl.com/nhzsxtd

From VDH, at National Review:

Multiculturalism -- as opposed to the notion of a multiracial society united by a single culture -- has become an abject contradiction in the modern Western world. Romance for a culture in the abstract that one has rejected in the concrete makes little sense. Multiculturalists talk grandly of Africa, Latin America, and Asia, usually in contrast to the core values of the United States and Europe. Certainly, in terms of food, fashion, music, art, and architecture, the Western paradigm is enriched from other cultures. But the reason that millions cross the Mediterranean to Europe or the Rio Grande to the United States is for something more that transcends the periphery and involves fundamental values -- consensual government, free-market capitalism, the freedom of the individual, religious tolerance, equality between the sexes, rights of dissent, and a society governed by rationalism divorced from religious stricture. Somehow that obvious message has now been abandoned, as Western hosts lost confidence in the very society that gives us the wealth and leisure to ignore or caricature its foundations. The result is that millions of immigrants flock to the West, enjoy its material security, and yet feel little need to bond with their adopted culture, given that their hosts themselves are ambiguous about what others desperately seek out....

At no time in our history have so many Americans been foreign born. Never have so many foreign nationals resided in America, and never have so many done so illegally. Yet at just such a critical time, in our universities and bureaucracies, the pressures to assimilate in melting-pot fashion have been replaced by salad-bowl separatism -- as if the individual can pick and choose which elements of his adopted culture he will embrace, which he will reject, as one might croutons or tomatoes. But ultimately he can do that because he senses that the American government, people, press, and culture reward such opportunism and have no desire, need, or ability to defend the very inherited culture that has given them the leeway to ignore it and so attracted others from otherwise antithetical paradigms.

That is a prescription for cultural suicide, if not by beheading or by a pressure cooker full of ball bearings, at least by making the West into something that no one would find very different from his homeland.

RTWT.
Pamela

Plain City, OH

#2 May 30, 2013
Barak Obama's father was a citizen of Britain and Kenya. That alone should make people question the loyalty of this outsider in the White House. His relationship with Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers also indicate that this man is hostile to core American values.

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#3 May 30, 2013
Pamela wrote:
Barak Obama's father was a citizen of Britain and Kenya. That alone should make people question the loyalty of this outsider in the White House. His relationship with Jeremiah Wright and Bill Ayers also indicate that this man is hostile to core American values.
Jeremiah Wright fought and killed Viet Cong for America, or were you aware of that? Probably not, since Beck and his fellow drum beaters only high lite the statements they disagree with.

Bill Ayers well, All told, Ayers and the Weather Underground were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. "I don't regret setting bombs," said Ayers in 2001, "I feel we didn't do enough." Contemplating whether or not he might again use bombs against the U.S. sometime in the future, he wrote:“I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.”

But...
In 1980 Ayers and Dohrn surrendered to law-enforcement authorities, but all charges against them were later dropped due to an “improper surveillance” technicality -- government authorities had failed to get a warrant for some of their surveillance. Said Ayers regarding this stroke of good fortune:“Guilty as sin, free as a bird. America is a great country.”

Fox ran this story relentlessly, yet Obama was elected TWICE, by a majority of the American people.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#4 May 30, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> Jeremiah Wright fought and killed Viet Cong for America, or were you aware of that? Probably not, since Beck and his fellow drum beaters only high lite the statements they disagree with.
Bill Ayers well, All told, Ayers and the Weather Underground were responsible for 30 bombings aimed at destroying the defense and security infrastructures of the U.S. "I don't regret setting bombs," said Ayers in 2001, "I feel we didn't do enough." Contemplating whether or not he might again use bombs against the U.S. sometime in the future, he wrote:“I can’t imagine entirely dismissing the possibility.”
But...
In 1980 Ayers and Dohrn surrendered to law-enforcement authorities, but all charges against them were later dropped due to an “improper surveillance” technicality -- government authorities had failed to get a warrant for some of their surveillance. Said Ayers regarding this stroke of good fortune:“Guilty as sin, free as a bird. America is a great country.”
Fox ran this story relentlessly, yet Obama was elected TWICE, by a majority of the American people.
Because 40% of the voters are low information morons and 10%-15% are scum bag leftists.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#5 May 30, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Because 40% of the voters are low information morons and 10%-15% are scum bag leftists.
I think at least a third of the country agrees completely with the regime, due to their intrinsic hatred of what they feel the right is (white, male, rich, traditionalist)

There's enough to carry him over due to the media and "saving GM"

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...

"Liberals and Democrats were more likely than conservatives and Republicans to say religion's influence is increasing in American society."

Hilliard, OH

#7 May 30, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
Maybe President Obama keeps winning elections because Republicans have nothing relevant to say to American society.
Or maybe he gets the IRS to help him steal them...

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#8 May 30, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
Maybe President Obama keeps winning elections because Republicans have nothing relevant to say to American society.
HAHAHAHAHA

A Lib who is a fan of Yasser Arafat and a shill for Obama.

What a surprise.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 May 30, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Or maybe he gets the IRS to help him steal them...
BHO's IRS Commissioner visits WH 157 times in 4 years [and can't remember why].
GWB's IRS Commissioner visits WH 1 time in 4 years.

I think we all know why.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#10 May 30, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
I think at least a third of the country agrees completely with the regime, due to their intrinsic hatred of what they feel the right is (white, male, rich, traditionalist)
There's enough to carry him over due to the media and "saving GM"
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2013/...
"Liberals and Democrats were more likely than conservatives and Republicans to say religion's influence is increasing in American society."
You have the lefts' opinion on who the right is wrong. We think the right is stupid, greedy, or racist. Some, are an unholy combination of all three.

Hilliard, OH

#11 May 30, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
BHO's IRS Commissioner visits WH 157 times in 4 years [and can't remember why].
GWB's IRS Commissioner visits WH 1 time in 4 years.
I think we all know why.
Certainly explains why Barry had no time for his daily intel briefings...between the IRS, Reggie Love and hip hop concerts, there aren't enough hours in the week.

Hilliard, OH

#12 May 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You have the lefts' opinion on who the right is wrong. We think the right is stupid, greedy, or racist. Some, are an unholy combination of all three.
Thankfully, you're wrong...and how.

Ivy League-ISIS

#13 May 30, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
A significant part of American society resents white people.

How are we supposed to win that?

Ivy League-ISIS

#14 May 30, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
. We think the right is stupid, greedy, or racist.
Translation:

Anyone who doesn't buy the liberal consensus: stupid

Anyone who doesn't want their taxes used to buy votes: greedy

Anyone who is white that defends their culture: racist
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#16 May 30, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
A significant part of American society resents white people.
How are we supposed to win that?
A significant part of American society resents black people because they have all the power and privilege in this country.

I think I found your 'low information voters'!

Ivy League-ISIS

#17 May 30, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
We don't resent you; we pity you and think you're a little bit funny. Like the part where you've just now figured out that you're a loser.
Your people would starve without transfer payments from us

Ivy League-ISIS

#18 May 30, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
A significant part of American society resents black people because they have all the power and privilege in this country.
I think I found your 'low information voters'!
Much of government policy is dedicated to fixing the socioeconomic problems of black society, while never admitting why the failure exists in the first place.

It's called "Black run America"

Johnson, you're a sad sack that hates what made you. Your kind will meet its end one day, parasites don't build, they only destroy.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#19 May 30, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>Because 40% of the voters are low information morons and 10%-15% are scum bag leftists.
I hear a small percentage of the residents of Hilliard are real a-holes too!

woof

Hilliard, OH

#20 May 30, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I hear a small percentage of the residents of Hilliard are real a-holes too!
woof
We do have a few of your type here, Duke. They've learned to stay away from council meetings.
Duke for Mayor

Uniontown, OH

#21 May 30, 2013
-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>We do have a few of your type here, Duke. They've learned to stay away from council meetings.
I once heard about one particular guy in Hilliard who learned to stay away from school board meetings. Said he was afraid of "retaliation" against his son if he spoke his mind.

Might be the same guy. Heard he was a real A-hole.

woof

Hilliard, OH

#22 May 30, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I once heard about one particular guy in Hilliard who learned to stay away from school board meetings. Said he was afraid of "retaliation" against his son if he spoke his mind.
Might be the same guy. Heard he was a real A-hole.
woof
You must not be much of a father.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 4 min Black Rhino 71
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 4 min Duke for Mayor 31,491
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 6 min Duke for Mayor 19
Double standards for muslims, bending league rules 8 min Duke for Mayor 42
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 31 min Pale Rider 3,548
The Political Nazi's are at it again! 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 80
7mo prego couple seeking bi girl. 1 hr Obama is Bush wit... 8
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 4 hr Duke for Mayor 385

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]