50s themed restaurants

Posted in the Columbus Forum

benny

Akron, OH

#1 Aug 29, 2013
Is there anything like that in Columbus?? I'm not looking for some ran down diner either, something nice with a good active atmosphere. I hate to reference it, but something (somewhat) similar to jackrabbit slims from pulp fiction lol. If not, anyone ever tried marcellas in the short north?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#2 Aug 29, 2013
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 29, 2013
Maybe The Top, although it feels more early '60s to me.

Since: Aug 13

New Albany, OH

#4 Aug 29, 2013
Try the Nutcracker in Pataskala. Awesome.

http://www.nutcrackerpataskala.com/

New Albany, OH

#5 Aug 29, 2013
Actually if you don't mind a little drive, Sumburger in Chillicothe is really cool. They have car hops or if you eat in, you use a phone at your table to order your meal from the kitchen.

http://sumburger.com/

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#6 Aug 29, 2013
K-Billy wrote:
Actually if you don't mind a little drive, Sumburger in Chillicothe is really cool. They have car hops or if you eat in, you use a phone at your table to order your meal from the kitchen.
http://sumburger.com/
Yep, I used to hang out there when I was a kid and still go back every few months.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#7 Aug 29, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, I used to hang out there when I was a kid and still go back every few months.
You go for the food or the free freak show with the meth heads down there?

New Albany, OH

#8 Aug 29, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Kind of like local dinner theater if "Tecumseh" is sold out.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#9 Aug 30, 2013
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Last time I was there a family pulled in driving a rusted out jacked up Ram diesel crew cab with six kids under twelve in it. Tattoos all over the parents, flip flops on all the kids.
Scheherazade

Reynoldsburg, OH

#10 Aug 30, 2013
eah, you regressive bigots sure wanna go back to the times when Jim Crow Laws were still in effect....you're so nostalgic for this country's racist intolerable past and herald it as some kind of brillian wonder....

Since: Jun 13

Hilliard, OH

#11 Aug 30, 2013
Scheherazade wrote:
eah, you regressive bigots sure wanna go back to the times when Jim Crow Laws were still in effect....you're so nostalgic for this country's racist intolerable past and herald it as some kind of brillian wonder....
This is why whites are sick of you people...you can't leave anything that's harmless and completely innocuous alone and you inject your bullsh!t non-existent racial butthurt into everything.
Enzyte Bob

United States

#12 Aug 30, 2013
I would love to have a 50's-themed restaurant where blacks were seated in the appropriate part of the building or not at all.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#13 Aug 30, 2013
Scheherazade wrote:

yawn

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#14 Aug 30, 2013
Scheherazade wrote:
You never miss a chance to inject your own form of racism into any topic, do you?
just asking

Reynoldsburg, OH

#15 Aug 30, 2013
Why do you people insist on feeding the Scheherazade troll?

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Albakoikee

#16 Aug 30, 2013
just asking wrote:
Like that nasty-assed dog your neighbor has. You hate him but can't bear to see him starve.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#17 Aug 30, 2013
just asking wrote:
Because it is a restaurant theme thread and they feel sorry for him because he's hungry?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City to consider measures to reduce plastic bag... 1 hr Zoe Regen 1
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 3,969
Illegal Immigrants On NC Voter Rolls 2 hr Zoe Regen 1
President Ebola 2 hr They cannot kill ... 697
Snapchat 6 hr roughsex999 3
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 10 hr They cannot kill ... 113
Columbus police officer to resign after pleadin... 11 hr Zoe Regen 3
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus