The Vile World of Leftism...A Perfect Example

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#1 Dec 31, 2012
A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.
William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women’s Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor’s name so it could collect.
“I have a hunch part of the reason this is going this way is because of people’s feelings toward same-sex couples,” Marotta said in an exclusive interview with FoxNews.com .“I can’t help but feel this is somewhat of a political issue.”
The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple — who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years — were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor’s name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.
Bauer, who could not be reached for comment Monday, told The Topeka Capital-Journal on Saturday that she and Schreiner were “kind of at a loss” about the development.
“We are going to support him in whatever action he wants to go forward with,” Bauer told the newspaper.
Bauer, 40, and Schreiner, 34, had been together for eight years and previously adopted other children when Marotta responded to their ad and later provided sperm used to artificially inseminate Schreiner, who could not be reached for comment Monday.
“This was a wonderful opportunity with a guy with an admirable, giving character who wanted nothing more than to help us have a child,” Bauer said.“I feel like the state of Kansas has made a mess out of the situation.”
Angela de Rocha, a spokeswoman for the Department for Children and Families, declined to speak on the matter on Friday, saying Kansas law prevented her from commenting.
Bauer can no longer provide health benefits for the now 3-year-old girl because a “significant illness” has prevented her from working since March. The girl’s birth certificate lists no father, she told the newspaper, and only identifies Schreiner as the mother — as does the birth certificate for each of the couple’s remaining children.

Hilliard, OH

#2 Dec 31, 2012
Since Kansas does not recognize same-sex marriage, the women had to file each adoption as a single parent. That law also prevents the state from collecting child support from same-sex partners, despite Bauer’s assumption of financial responsibility for her daughter. Bauer characterized the latest development in the case as a “step backward” in the fight for marriage equality.
“More and more gays and lesbians are adopting and reproducing, and this, to me, is a step backward,” Bauer told the Topeka Capital-Journal.“I think a lot of progressive movement is happening currently in the world as far as gays and lesbians go. Maybe this is Kansas’ stand against some of that.”
Marotta — who has relinquished all parental rights, including financial responsibility, under the 2009 agreement — said he’s preparing for a lengthy legal fight that has already cost him several thousand dollars. He expects it will likely “put a damper on things” for other people considering the same move.
“As the legal bills mount, I’m sure it’s going to leave more of a distaste,” he said.“In the long run, I think this will be a good thing, but I’m the one getting squashed. I can’t even believe it’s gone this far at this point and there’s not a damn thing I can do about it.”
Marotta said a hearing on the matter will be held on Jan. 8, at which point he expects to have a hearing date set to appear before a judge.
“The only good thing I can see about this is it’s going to open a lot of eyes,” Marotta told FoxNews.com .“But I’m like,‘Why me?’”
Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/31/kansas-s...
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#3 Dec 31, 2012
Please expound. What specifically, in your opinion is "vile"?

woof
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4 Dec 31, 2012
The vile copy/paste world of George...a perfect example.

Hilliard, OH

#5 Dec 31, 2012
Big Johnson wrote:
The vile copy/paste world of George...a perfect example.
Poor Johnson...the envy just oozes from your oversized pores.

Hilliard, OH

#6 Dec 31, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
Please expound. What specifically, in your opinion is "vile"?
woof
Pretty much everything..."same sex" relationship, sperm donation, gay adoption, eight kids on welfare, going after the idiot donor for support...
now hey hey now

Columbus, OH

#7 Dec 31, 2012
hail the joys of nature! "...“More and more gays and lesbians are adopting and reproducing..."

Inseminated turds now 'magically' cell divide themselves in the sewers and spring forth new deviant life forms. And in nature's evolution of things the tongue of a female deviant now inseminates the eggs or in rarer 'mysteries' the latex of a strap_on_dill-doe inseminates the eggs of the other co-deviant female and life springs forth in defiance of God and to the elimination of the concept of abomination.

Hail to the death of God, but pray to him that the lawyers don't scare off all of the dissipators that supply we deviants with seed.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#8 Dec 31, 2012
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Pretty much everything..."same sex" relationship, sperm donation, gay adoption, eight kids on welfare, going after the idiot donor for support...
<quoted text>Pretty much everything..."same sex" relationship, sperm donation, gay adoption, eight kids on welfare, going after the idiot donor for support...
Well, if you're looking for evidence that heterosexual parenthood produces "vile" results for children (I know you're not) I guess you could investigate the particular circumstances that caused the numerous other kids to land in the either the adoptive custody or temporary foster care of these two folks in the first place. Reading between the lines of the information readily available, I'm confident that these two women have had positive influence upon the lives of a lot of kids over the past several years.

And I'm guessing that up until Ms. Bauer suffered from some medical ailment limiting her ability to work, both a probate court and the the state children's services agency for whom they fostered must have found them both to be appropriate and financially capable to serve as caregivers.

I agree, pursing Mr. Marotta for support is pretty hard-hearted. I'm guessing the decision to do so rested in the hands of a penny pinching State Administrator who personally feels as you do about gay marriage, and gay couples raising children. Its a policy driven decision that has little to do with any of these specific parties.

Regardless, it certainly is an interesting case from a legal perspective, one that likely may find its way up to the Kansas Supreme Court.

http://cjo-cdn.com/sites/default/files/Petiti...
http://cjo-cdn.com/sites/default/files/Respon...
http://cjo-cdn.com/sites/default/files/Respon...

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-12-28/court-cas...

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-12-29/topeka-mo...

http://cjonline.com/news/2012-12-30/former-pa...

woof

Since: Sep 08

Neon City Oh.

#9 Dec 31, 2012
A Kansas sperm donor who was ordered to pay child support for the baby he helped a lesbian couple conceive plans to fight back in court, and suggested he might be a victim of bias against same-sex parenting.
William Marotta told FoxNews.com he might never have agreed to provide sperm to Angela Bauer and her former partner, Jennifer Schreiner, had he known the legal morass that awaited him after responding to the women’s Craigslist ad for a donor in March 2009. The Kansas Department for Children and Families (DCF) recently filed a child support claim against Marotta after the couple filed for state assistance this year, leading the department to demand they provide the donor’s name so it could collect.
“I have a hunch part of the reason this is going this way is because of people’s feelings toward same-sex couples,” Marotta said in an exclusive interview with FoxNews.com .“I can’t help but feel this is somewhat of a political issue.”
The 46-year-old machinist said he received notice in late October that he was being targeted by state officials to pay child support after the couple — who parted ways in 2010 but still co-parent their eight children ranging in age from 3 months to 25 years — were ordered by DCF officials to provide the sperm donor’s name. State officials argued that if the women did not identify the donor, the agency would deny health benefits due to withheld information.
Bauer, who could not be reached for comment Monday, told The Topeka Capital-Journal on Saturday that she and Schreiner were “kind of at a loss” about the development.
“We are going to support him in whatever action he wants to go forward with,” Bauer told the newspaper.
Bauer, 40, and Schreiner, 34, had been together for eight years and previously adopted other children when Marotta responded to their ad and later provided sperm used to artificially inseminate Schreiner, who could not be reached for comment Monday.
“This was a wonderful opportunity with a guy with an admirable, giving character who wanted nothing more than to help us have a child,” Bauer said.“I feel like the state of Kansas has made a mess out of the situation.”
Angela de Rocha, a spokeswoman for the Department for Children and Families, declined to speak on the matter on Friday, saying Kansas law prevented her from commenting.
Bauer can no longer provide health benefits for the now 3-year-old girl because a “significant illness” has prevented her from working since March. The girl’s birth certificate lists no father, she told the newspaper, and only identifies Schreiner as the mother — as does the birth certificate for each of the couple’s remaining children.
Far right extremists are now relegated to message boards, worrying about sperm donors.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#10 Dec 31, 2012
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
Far right extremists are now relegated to message boards, worrying about sperm donors.
Now if they could just learn to dance and sing:

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#11 Dec 31, 2012
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
open your mouth....there is plenty.

Hilliard, OH

#12 Dec 31, 2012
WDRussell wrote:
<quoted text>
You should be worried about the state of the black family.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#13 Dec 31, 2012
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now if they could just learn to dance and sing:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =fUspLVStPbkXX
woof
why

much better to hire dancers and singers.....dime a dozen.

taking 25% of what a dancer or singer makes as an agent is the real job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 21 min Pale Rider 4,839
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 1 hr TonyD2 81
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 1 hr Chris 760
COPS lives MATTER 2 hr They cannot kill ... 48
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 2 hr yeah they are 14
Hand outs 2 hr White cop 10
I found Mr Tea 3 hr White cop 8
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 6 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE