Is Obama Through?

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#1 Oct 26, 2013
Is Obama through? That is, have his lies and incompetence finally caught up with him and emasculated what remains of his effectiveness. Has he taken the concept of “lame duck” to new levels?

Dan Henninger describes Obama’s credibility problem:

"Bluntly, Mr. Obama’s partners are concluding that they cannot do business with him. They don’t trust him."

Henninger’s observation does not bode well for US – International relations. Nor is it likely to provide support for new domestic initiatives.

The International ramifications are especially dangerous. It is difficult to think of one ally that supports the US as strongly as it did when Obama took office. More damaging is the spectacle that the US has become for the rest of the world. Obama, supported strongly upon election by most of the world, is now held in lower esteem Internationally than in the US.

Nations that thought of the US as a model of democracy, economic strength and leadership justifiably are questioning these assumptions. Some now see us as just another country moving toward Banana Republic governance.

Domestically, matters may be worse for Obama. Republicans, who distrusted him from the beginning, are even firmer in this belief as a result of the budget shutdown and other false promises. Democrats see the tactics and competence of the man and his Administration. As he is perceived to shift from asset to liability, their loyalty will shift.

Political ideology is not absolute. Democrats love liberalism and progressivism but not nearly as much as they love their office and place in power. If it comes to a choice, ideology and political loyalty will be abandoned in order to retain office.

Mr. Henninger’s quote limited his observation to “partners,” which can be construed as other political leaders or figures. However, Mr. Obama still has most of his voter support. Obama still has the ability to lie and much of his support base is too disinterested to care. Many are incapable of understanding politics beyond the cult of personality and “what’s in it for me.” Many would vote for Ted Cruz if he convinced them he would provide more freebies than Obama.

While Obama’s cult status is gone, his popularity among the masses remains. He has lost his ability to work with “partners” but not with the masses. What remains may still be enough for Obama to continue to weaken the US economically and politically.

His popularity always was dependent on his unusual and unconscionable ability to lie and convince people that there was a “free-lunch” if they supported him. His messianic overtones were merely Hollywood enhancements to his mendacity.

How much remains of Obama’s ability to remain effective depends on what the “uninformed” followers believe. Some of these will never question him. Others may be influenced by the shallowness that passes for today’s media. The media have been Obama’s most loyal ally. Whether that continues in the light of the ObamaCare fiasco is moot.

It is going to be hard to support ObamaCare for the media when Obama supporters experience the sticker-shock at enrollment (if the enrollment system ever gets fixed). Many believe they are going to get free health care. Most believe they are going to get large savings and better plans. All are in for rude surprises.

The failure of ObamaCare likely means the end of media protection for Obama. Survival for them is just as strong a motivation as survival for politicians.
http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2013-10-25/gues...
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#2 Oct 26, 2013
No, he's still and will be president until the end of his term.

He still has veto power over all bills

I'd be more worried as to what he will do after he leaves.

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#3 Oct 26, 2013
Conservative wrote:
No, he's still and will be president until the end of his term.
He still has veto power over all bills
I'd be more worried as to what he will do after he leaves.
Two words that give me hope:
Richard Nixon.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#4 Oct 26, 2013
Depending on what or who wins the next election, the period between election Tuesday of 2016 and January 20, 2017 should be an interesting time.
I am wondering if it's gonna leave!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#5 Oct 26, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
...However, Mr. Obama still has most of his voter support. Obama still has the ability to lie and much of his support base is too disinterested to care. Many are incapable of understanding politics beyond the cult of personality and “what’s in it for me.”...
Many of them post on this forum.
Conservative

Springfield, OH

#6 Oct 26, 2013
dunadd wrote:
Depending on what or who wins the next election, the period between election Tuesday of 2016 and January 20, 2017 should be an interesting time.
I am wondering if it's gonna leave!
Hillary will be the next president. The same ones run time after time and the American voter votes for the same ones time after time regardless of ability to be a Congressman, Senator or President.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#7 Oct 26, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Two words that give me hope:
Richard Nixon.
Conservative has a good instinct and from what I've read, is always right on the money.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#8 Oct 26, 2013
Conservative wrote:
I'd be more worried as to what he will do after he leaves.
Tutsi or Hutu tribal warlord in Kenya. That would be about the genius' level of leadership aptitude.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#9 Oct 26, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Conservative has a good instinct and from what I've read, is always right on the money.
I fear he may be correct.
Others believe it as well.

http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#10 Oct 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear he may be correct.
Others believe it as well.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
Evelyn Pringle wrote an interesting series on Obama in 2008; as a Democrat, she stated she would abstain from voting for him. She received a cease & desist letter. But if you mentioned it at the time, you were accused of being a racist right-wing conspiracy theorist wearing a tin foil hat - much like what Woofie is doing today.
Wait what

Dublin, OH

#11 Oct 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear he may be correct.
Others believe it as well.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
Currently, isn't Scandal one of the most popular television shows? Do people think they make that stuff up?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#12 Oct 26, 2013
Conservative wrote:
No, he's still and will be president until the end of his term.
He still has veto power over all bills
I'd be more worried as to what he will do after he leaves.
That sounds scary. What do you think he will do after he leaves?

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#13 Oct 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds scary. What do you think he will do after he leaves?
More damage than Jimmy Carter, a truly noxious ex-president.
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#14 Oct 26, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I fear he may be correct.
Others believe it as well.
http://canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/...
Here's an interesting concept for those dissatisfied with the Democrats:

Identify and support two people capable of winning an election and running the country.

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#15 Oct 26, 2013
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Currently, isn't Scandal one of the most popular television shows? Do people think they make that stuff up?
A majority of US residents do not think at all.
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#16 Oct 26, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
That sounds scary. What do you think he will do after he leaves?
Probably play pickup basketball, golf, write a few books, vacation, and make lots of money on the speaking circuit.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#17 Oct 26, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>More damage than Jimmy Carter, a truly noxious ex-president.
Funny that you would speak that way about one of the most honorable citizens of this fine Nation. You sound a bit jealous.

woof

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#18 Oct 26, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's an interesting concept for those dissatisfied with the Democrats:
Identify and support two people capable of winning an election and running the country.
woof
When the MSM actively campaigns for the Democrat candidate, how is that even a reasonable question?

Now that more Americans are on means tested government support than actually work for a living and will vote for their own selfish interests, how is that even a reasonable question?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#19 Oct 26, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Funny that you would speak that way about one of the most honorable citizens of this fine Nation. You sound a bit jealous.
woof
The above may be your most asinine post ever.
And that's sayin' somethin'.
Duke for Mayor

Massillon, OH

#20 Oct 26, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>
When the MSM actively campaigns for the Democrat candidate, how is that even a reasonable question?
Now that more Americans are on means tested government support than actually work for a living and will vote for their own selfish interests, how is that even a reasonable question?
Waaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

Identify and support two candidates capable of winning an election and governing the country.

If you and yours are dissatisfied with news media, start your own.

Oh wait...you already have Fox, Beck, Hannity, Starnes, O'reilly, and the gang, and its not working out.

Imagine that?

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Can the White House really be protected? 4 min Male 16
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 min xxxrayted 31,512
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 17 min Go Blue Forever 3,578
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 25 min Reading into things 2,454
Rhiannon Rhi Hall 37 min mikemike 1
Catman Dave 52 min They cannot kill ... 30
Connecticut: Democrat arrested Voter Fraud 2 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Dear Duke (Got a problem, I've got your solution) 2 hr Duke for Mayor 105
Armed Contractor on Elevator with President 4 hr Male 64
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]