|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
WA provided some historical facts about how the Bible came to be written.
You're free to believe whatever you please, my friend. So is every other American.
woof
He provided "facts" a la Dan Brown & Co.

The council called by Constantine he references did not do what he was describing.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sorry to hear that.
Acts 7:46-53
So it was until the days of David, who found favor in the sight of God and asked to find a dwelling place for the God of Jacob. But it was Solomon who built a house for him. Yet the Most High does not dwell in houses made by hands, as the prophet says,
“‘Heaven is my throne,
and the earth is my footstool.
What kind of house will you build for me, says the Lord,
or what is the place of my rest?
Did not my hand make all these things?’
“You stiff-necked people, uncircumcised in heart and ears, you always resist the Holy Spirit. As your fathers did, so do you. Which of the prophets did your fathers not persecute? And they killed those who announced beforehand the coming of the Righteous One, whom you have now betrayed and murdered, you who received the law as delivered by angels and did not keep it.”
Who wrote the Book of Acts? Was it Paul? There's an consensus of top Biblical scholars who're both Christians and Secularist who all agree that Paul (who didn't exist) did not write Acts, Hebrews, Philemon, 2nd Corinthians, Romans, and many other NT books. The book of Romans is highly pro- Roman, and suspect became at that period of time Judea was at war with Rome and it would be very unlikely a Jew would write favorably about an occupying force. Doesn't the character Paul (a Romanized form of Saul, which is interesting enough) say he was A ROMAN CITIZEN! Wasn't LUKE a Roman or Greek!

Wasn't the NT written IN GREEK and not Hebrew!
This character Paul tells lies throughout his Epistles, which I will post to prove it!
Your BELIEF is just that!

Sleeping Beauty is a real story too! She died, and was resurrected by a kiss from a Prince! There's many eye witnesses, Grumpy, Bashful, Doc, Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, and Dopey. And the evil queen, the talking mirror, the woodsman, and the Prince himself. All eye witnesses to the story. The writer said it's true, prove that it's not.

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "e", BB.
Heck, even I know that!!!
woof
Well la dee da!
Thanks!
J O B!
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Thanks Duke for the go ahead. It's appreciated!
WA provided some people's facts how the Bible came to be written.
Watch it, BizzyBee, the word police are out and about. They might throw you in the slammer. I like to purposely misspell a word and watch the word police go to chasing rabbits. It would mess wit' their mind if, nah I ain't gonna finish it. Let them guess,
By the way, BizzyBee, am I wrong in thinking your post 135 was addressed to tip? I'm sure tip figured out whom or who you meant. Which is the correct, Whom or who. Should i ask the word police. It seems they were paying attention at school and didn't have their mind on the girl's butt or the boy's what.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Such heresy!!!
yer goin straight to hell, according to Tippy.
woof
Yes, heresy is what all who opposed the New church doctrine was charged with, and were Anathematized and put to death. Artist says the Nicean council of 325 AD wasn't for what I said, yet he didn't say what it was for, or the other subsequent Ecumenical councils throughout the centuries. What in the heck were they called for? You have Bishops and clergy from every corner of the Roman empire called to attend these councils for what...a game of checkers? Give me a break! They kept changing and revising the words and meanings in text. It was decided that Iesous (Yashua/ Jesus) would be both human and divineman/ god, the doctrine of the Trinity was adopted, because it wasn't there in the 1st century, they removed Mary and replaced her with a "holy ghost". And many other church doctrines. There's over 100 Christian denominations and they don't even speak to eachother!

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

dunadd wrote:
Thanks Duke for the go ahead. It's appreciated!
WA provided some people's facts how the Bible came to be written.
Watch it, BizzyBee, the word police are out and about. They might throw you in the slammer. I like to purposely misspell a word and watch the word police go to chasing rabbits. It would mess wit' their mind if, nah I ain't gonna finish it. Let them guess,
By the way, BizzyBee, am I wrong in thinking your post 135 was addressed to tip? I'm sure tip figured out whom or who you meant. Which is the correct, Whom or who. Should i ask the word police. It seems they were paying attention at school and didn't have their mind on the girl's butt or the boy's what.
I did address #135 to Tip.
This is the second day he has been challenged by the non believers....I don't think I would have the patience to forge on and on....especially when they don't believe.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus was once asked when the kingdom of God would come. The kingdom of God, Jesus replied, is not something people will be able to see and point to. Then came these striking words:“Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you.”(Luke 17:21)
What you don't understand about the religion you BELIEVE in, is that it is patterned after the Jewish Talmud, that is written to cover every point and counter point of a saying or verse, so no matter what you post from the Bible, there's an opposing verse that will counter what you think is a solid answer! You don't understand what has been done to this religion you subscribe too. I can go in circles with you for years!
I don't believe in a religion.

I believe in Jesus Christ, whose earthly birth, ministry, death, resurrection and return were foretold and prefigured throughout the Old Testament, and absolutely fulfilled by the New. Unified, they weave a perfect tapestry displaying God's plan of eternal redemption.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

I am glad, tip, you differentiated between religion and believing in Jesus Christ. Most cannot get it in their minds there is a difference in religion and believing in Jesus Christ, In their thinking everyone who goes to Church is religious when in actuality it is much different and deeper than being religious. Having a personal relationship with Jesus Christ is NOT being religious nor a religion.
Addressing this to BizzyBee, It is a whole lot deeper than having patience, this standing for Jesus Christ. It's perseverance. We have just as much perseverance in believing in OUR Jesus Christ as others have in their perseverance in whatever it is they believe.
Just as some Russian Leninists are persistent in their visiting his tomb in St Petersburg or the islamists persistence in kneeling on their prayer rug and pray to Mecca, the Hindus and Buddhists doing what they do. we are just as persistent in our belief In Jesus Christ.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe in a religion.
I believe in Jesus Christ, whose earthly birth, ministry, death, resurrection and return were foretold and prefigured throughout the Old Testament, and absolutely fulfilled by the New. Unified, they weave a perfect tapestry displaying God's plan of eternal redemption.
Great!. Just keep your beliefs out of government and don't impose them upon others and we're good.

woof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Great!. Just keep your beliefs out of government and don't impose them upon others and we're good.
woof
“God who gave us life gave us liberty. Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God? Indeed I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just, that his justice cannot sleep forever.”

– Thomas Jefferson, engraved on the Jefferson Memorial, Washington, D.C.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
That's impossible, the left is never held to the same standard.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...because, in fact, I only ever provided God's position on the matter.
It is that position that YOU deny.
Sweet Jesus's slippers, there is a new prophet in town.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right. They reveal "0" about themselves.
What info they learn about others is used against them in rhetorical, and mocking conversations.
And you call US stupid.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh Duke, stop!
Lol
Gods house= CHURCH,MOSQUE, TEMPLE, ETC.
Mosque?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> Who wrote the Book of Acts? Was it Paul? There's an consensus of top Biblical scholars who're both Christians and Secularist who all agree that Paul (who didn't exist) did not write Acts, Hebrews, Philemon, 2nd Corinthians, Romans, and many other NT books. The book of Romans is highly pro- Roman, and suspect became at that period of time Judea was at war with Rome and it would be very unlikely a Jew would write favorably about an occupying force. Doesn't the character Paul (a Romanized form of Saul, which is interesting enough) say he was A ROMAN CITIZEN! Wasn't LUKE a Roman or Greek!
Wasn't the NT written IN GREEK and not Hebrew!
This character Paul tells lies throughout his Epistles, which I will post to prove it!
Your BELIEF is just that!
Sleeping Beauty is a real story too! She died, and was resurrected by a kiss from a Prince! There's many eye witnesses, Grumpy, Bashful, Doc, Sleepy, Happy, Sneezy, and Dopey. And the evil queen, the talking mirror, the woodsman, and the Prince himself. All eye witnesses to the story. The writer said it's true, prove that it's not.
That was Snow White.

“Meh.”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
woof
This.

If people aren't shaping policy with their faiths or interfering with other people leading their lives as they like, I can never understand how other folks are bothered by it. People having a personal mythology, regardless of how farfetched it might seem, seems a strange thing to engage with, let alone argue about.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

why certainly mosque, allah is the muslim god so why can't their god have its very own house. Which in their tongue is called mosque.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
This.
If people aren't shaping policy with their faiths or interfering with other people leading their lives as they like, I can never understand how other folks are bothered by it. People having a personal mythology, regardless of how farfetched it might seem, seems a strange thing to engage with, let alone argue about.
But it's fun to watch them insist they are right and that everyone else is damned to eternal Hellfire.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
This.
Did you forget?

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

tranpsosition wrote:
<quoted text>
This.
If people aren't shaping policy with their faiths or interfering with other people leading their lives as they like.
Denying people the right to shape policy according to faith is denial of freedom of religion, and majority rule.

Unsurprising for the EU Commission, but Tony Blair built his career off of using religious faith to direct policy

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

33 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 10 min Pops 29,104
Little Boy Blue's Got a Job in Town 27 min Andrew Nice Day 8
Lois Lerner linked to another erased hard drive 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ 70
OH Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Ohio in 2... (Oct '10) 1 hr not 2,214
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 4 hr Go Blue Forever 2,897
Are PEDOphiles Born That Way 5 hr STFU Breeders 17
No you agree with Israeli airstrikes into Gaza? 5 hr Go IDF Go 29
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search