Peaceful Authentic Islam
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#21 Jan 6, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
All through time.....
It's all in the interpretations of their own bibles or holy books.
Which reflects their ACTIONS of their beliefs.
Wait a minute. I thought those holy books were the Divine word of God Himself. Now you are telling me it is all open to interpretation?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#22 Jan 6, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Much harm is done in the name of political expediency.
Truth, however, is the same yesterday, today and forever.
Those darn Popes. Always putting politics ahead of the truth about God.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#23 Jan 6, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Those darn Popes. Always putting politics ahead of the truth about God.
A fault not exclusive to the Vatican.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#26 Jan 6, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
A fault not exclusive to the Vatican.
It is comforting to know that an anonymous poster on an internet forum is here to protect the One Truth from all of these scholars' and religious leaders' insincerity.

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#27 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Wait a minute. I thought those holy books were the Divine word of God Himself. Now you are telling me it is all open to interpretation?
If 5 people were given a book to read, they will all have interpreted in their own understanding.
If 5 people were given a cookie recipe, you would have five different looking batches of cookies.

http://m.ccel.org/node/7390

Understanding the bible is in the eyes of the beholder......one line at a time and yet there will be many opinions on the holy words.

Location hidden

#28 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
It is comforting to know that an anonymous poster on an internet forum is here to protect the One Truth from all of these scholars' and religious leaders' insincerity.
God's truth speaks for itself.
In fact, believers are instructed to compare the teachings of "scholars and religious leaders" to those of Scripture.

Acts 17:10-12

The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. Many of them therefore believed...
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#29 Jan 6, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
If 5 people were given a book to read, they will all have interpreted in their own understanding.
If 5 people were given a cookie recipe, you would have five different looking batches of cookies.
http://m.ccel.org/node/7390
Understanding the bible is in the eyes of the beholder......one line at a time and yet there will be many opinions on the holy words.
How convenient that the supposed word of God is open to interpretation by man. Kind of takes the shine off of it a little bit, don't you think?

“Queen of Greenfield”

Since: Oct 13

Greenfield Ohio

#30 Jan 6, 2014
Its about time God retired and let Jesus take over
The Queen of England is just the same
Poor Charles will never be king
What is it with these selfish ppl dont they ever think of the children ?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#31 Jan 6, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
God's truth speaks for itself.
In fact, believers are instructed to compare the teachings of "scholars and religious leaders" to those of Scripture.
Acts 17:10-12
The brothers immediately sent Paul and Silas away by night to Berea, and when they arrived they went into the Jewish synagogue. Now these Jews were more noble than those in Thessalonica; they received the word with all eagerness, examining the Scriptures daily to see if these things were so. Many of them therefore believed...
If God's truth speaks for itself, you would think you guys would get your acts together. Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, Baptist, Unitarian, Coptic, Greek Orthodox. You guys can't even get your dates straight. Seems that maybe God's truth doesn't speak for itself after all.

Location hidden

#32 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
If God's truth speaks for itself, you would think you guys would get your acts together. Catholic, Protestant, Methodist, Baptist, Unitarian, Coptic, Greek Orthodox. You guys can't even get your dates straight. Seems that maybe God's truth doesn't speak for itself after all.
Umm...Protestantism includes all churches outside the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches, which all agree on the core doctrine of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ.

Jude 1:3-10

Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for THE FAITH THAT WAS ONCE FOR ALL delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.

Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day -- just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.

Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones. But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said,“The Lord rebuke you.” But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#33 Jan 6, 2014
Taz, Father did let Son take over! That was the reason for the political system crucifying HIM two millennium ago!
Charles doesn't need the job. The Queen is doing a bang up job and all the Prince needs to do is diddy bop through life while Mum takes care of family business.
time enough for one of the grandsons to reign after Mum kicks off!
GOD SAVE THE QUEEN!!!
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#34 Jan 6, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Umm...Protestantism includes all churches outside the Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox churches, which all agree on the core doctrine of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ.
Jude 1:3-10
Beloved, although I was very eager to write to you about our common salvation, I found it necessary to write appealing to you to contend for THE FAITH THAT WAS ONCE FOR ALL delivered to the saints. For certain people have crept in unnoticed who long ago were designated for this condemnation, ungodly people, who pervert the grace of our God into sensuality and deny our only Master and Lord, Jesus Christ.
Now I want to remind you, although you once fully knew it, that Jesus, who saved a people out of the land of Egypt, afterward destroyed those who did not believe. And the angels who did not stay within their own position of authority, but left their proper dwelling, he has kept in eternal chains under gloomy darkness until the judgment of the great day -- just as Sodom and Gomorrah and the surrounding cities, which likewise indulged in sexual immorality and pursued unnatural desire, serve as an example by undergoing a punishment of eternal fire.
Yet in like manner these people also, relying on their dreams, defile the flesh, reject authority, and blaspheme the glorious ones. But when the archangel Michael, contending with the devil, was disputing about the body of Moses, he did not presume to pronounce a blasphemous judgment, but said,“The Lord rebuke you.” But these people blaspheme all that they do not understand, and they are destroyed by all that they, like unreasoning animals, understand instinctively.
And none of them can agree on what God said. If it came down to the simple issue of salvation by faith in Jesus, the Bible would be a one page flyer.

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#35 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
How convenient that the supposed word of God is open to interpretation by man. Kind of takes the shine off of it a little bit, don't you think?
Interpretation is what caused difference and churches split and formed other religions.
Just like orthodox priests can marry, but catholic priests can't....praying to the same God.
Think about it Che.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#36 Jan 6, 2014
All the denominations and sects are the results of politicizing the spiritual.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#37 Jan 6, 2014
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Interpretation is what caused difference and churches split and formed other religions.
Just like orthodox priests can marry, but catholic priests can't....praying to the same God.
Think about it Che.
You are the one who should think about it. God sure did set up a whole different bunch of rules to pick from.
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#38 Jan 6, 2014
dunadd wrote:
Which one is right?

Location hidden

#39 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
And none of them can agree on what God said. If it came down to the simple issue of salvation by faith in Jesus, the Bible would be a one page flyer.
To repeat, all agree on the doctrine of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ, as prefigured throughout the Old Testament and fulfilled in the New Testament. In His eternal generosity, God provided mankind tomes of evidence...as opposed to a one-page flyer.
Duke for Mayor

United States

#40 Jan 6, 2014
dunadd wrote:
Maybe its God's will. Maybe God wants people to fight and die over religious beliefs?

What a kooky fancy God!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

woof
Duke for Mayor

United States

#41 Jan 6, 2014
<quoted text>
Which one is right?
All of them, supposedly. Kind of like arguing about which way the toilet paper should be installed on the roller.

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

#42 Jan 6, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
To repeat, all agree on the doctrine of salvation by faith in Jesus Christ, as prefigured throughout the Old Testament and fulfilled in the New Testament. In His eternal generosity, God provided mankind tomes of evidence...as opposed to a one-page flyer.
Then what's all the hubbub about? Should just be one Christian church if it's that simple.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeff Sessions 50 min loretta 9
Leeann Tweeden v. Al Franken 1 hr No Resignation 163
Obama caught by Christ's Crusaders 1 hr d pants 39
Tick Tock arrives just in time for Thanksgiving 1 hr d pants 53
RIP Charles Manson 1 hr Helter Skelter 2
Walmart, Big Pharma, and Private Prisons 2 hr fat tired old and... 2
News 2 dead, 1 critical in NE Side shooting 2 hr fat tired old and... 5

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance