Peaceful Authentic Islam
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#266 Jan 8, 2014
They haven't achieved that level of antichristian hatred, YET!
When will this blessed day arrive? Maybe they can team with the muslims, commies, Nazis and the rest of the DCers and do it rather quickly!!!
Amen brotha!!!!!!!!!!
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#267 Jan 9, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Our resident atheists haven't achieved that level of anti-Christian hatred...yet.
Still, a good warning.
The term atheism originated from the Greek &#7940;&#952;&#949 ;&#959;&#962; (atheos), meaning "without god(s)", used as a pejorative term applied to those thought to reject the gods worshipped by the larger society. With the spread of freethought, skeptical inquiry, and subsequent increase in criticism of religion, application of the term narrowed in scope. The first individuals to identify themselves using the word "atheist" lived in the 18th century.

Not believing in YOUR particular god, does not define one as God- less.

A social- political-geographical-theolog ical war, is being waged and most Christians have not a clue about how it got started or why!

I discuss how this peculiar form of apocalyptic hope is itself based in an Anglo-American Protestant tradition of Judeo-centric prophecy interpretation, a scriptural hermeneutic developed in the context of English Protestant polemics against both Catholicism and Islam. These 16th and 17th-century interpretations of scripture and history find echoes in contemporary Christian Zionist dismissals of Palestinian Christian concerns.

Although not explicitly named, Christian Zionism is referred to in the ECUMENICAL call of "A Moment of Truth," the Kairos Palestine document. The authors indicate awareness that "CERTAIN THEOLOGIANS IN THE WEST try to attach a biblical and theological legitimacy to the infringement of the [Palestinians'] rights". They call the churches of the world to "revisit fundamentalist theological positions that support certain unjust political options with regard to the Palestinian people." The churches are asked "not to offer a theological cover-up for the injustice we suffer, for the sin of the occupation imposed upon us." These are important challenges to which Christian theologians must pay heed.

It's not about who's god is bigger and badder, but whos military might is stronger and longer lasting!
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#268 Jan 9, 2014
dunadd wrote:
They haven't achieved that level of antichristian hatred, YET!
When will this blessed day arrive? Maybe they can team with the muslims, commies, Nazis and the rest of the DCers and do it rather quickly!!!
Amen brotha!!!!!!!!!!
You people present a half naked, bleeding, emaciated, twisted, caucasian jew, nailed to a Roman execution device, over TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO, to African, Asian, Indian, and Pacific Island people, and have told them for 400 years now, that if they DO NOT worship this image and the religious ideological dogma that goes with it, they're going to Hell to burn in eternity along with grandma, grandpa, momma, daddy, and siblings, is the ultimate form of PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE and SPIRITUAL TERRORISM, that has ever been created by man and put in book form. And the f' kin Mooslims are guilty of it as well!

I'll start on their asses in due time!
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#269 Jan 9, 2014
wiseAfricanAmerican wrote:
<quoted text> You people present a half naked, bleeding, emaciated, twisted, caucasian jew, nailed to a Roman execution device, over TWO THOUSAND YEARS AGO, to African, Asian, Indian, and Pacific Island people, and have told them for 400 years now, that if they DO NOT worship this image and the religious ideological dogma that goes with it, they're going to Hell to burn in eternity along with grandma, grandpa, momma, daddy, and siblings, is the ultimate form of PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE and SPIRITUAL TERRORISM, that has ever been created by man and put in book form. And the f' kin Mooslims are guilty of it as well!
I'll start on their asses in due time!
I have to agree that I question this too.

However........one could say that those who own the 10 commandments as virtue, and take care of family and friends are following Christ's teachings, and just may call him by a different name. It is had for me to grasp otherwise.

faith keeps my sanity.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#270 Jan 9, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
However........one could say that those who own the 10 commandments as virtue, and take care of family and friends are following Christ's teachings, and just may call him by a different name. It is had for me to grasp otherwise.
faith keeps my sanity.
“If what Jesus said was good, what can it matter whether he was God or not?”

Kurt Vonnegut

woof
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#271 Jan 9, 2014
Reality Speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
faith keeps my sanity.
The ORIGINS of the Ten Commandments is this:

Acts 7:22
King James Version (KJV)
22 And Moses was LEARNED in all the WISDOM of the Egyptians, and was MIGHTY in WORDS and in DEEDS.

He was given the best education, training and preparation that Egypt could offer (Acts 7:22). In keeping with education given to Egyptian royalty, he was probably tutored by retired military and political leaders. It must have seemed to all who knew him that Moses' first 40 years prepared him for leadership and fame

And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were JUDGED out of those things which were WRITTEN IN THE BOOKS , according to THEIR WORKS.

http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/4...

The Bible narrative was borrowed and plagiarized from different cultural myths and allegory stories of Egypt, Babaylon, and Sumeria!
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#272 Jan 9, 2014
The fabrication and paganism of Mooslim religious beliefs:
he Archaeology of the Middle East

The religion of Islam has as its focus of worship a deity by the name of "Allah." The Muslims claim that Allah in pre-Islamic times was the biblical God of the Patriarchs, prophets, and apostles. The issue is thus one of continuity. Was "Allah" the biblical God or a pagan god in Arabia during pre-Islamic times? The Muslim's claim of continuity is essential to their attempt to convert Jews and Christians for if "Allah" is part of the flow of divine revelation in Scripture, then it is the next step in biblical religion. Thus we should all become Muslims. But, on the other hand, if Allah was a pre-Islamic pagan deity, then its core claim is refuted. Religious claims often fall before the results of hard sciences such as archeology. We can endlessly speculate about the past or go and dig it up and see what the evidence reveals. This is the only way to find out the truth concerning the origins of Allah. As we shall see, the hard evidence demonstrates that the god Allah was a pagan deity. In fact, he was the Moon-god who was married to the sun goddess and the stars were his daughters.

The hairy arm desert savages worshipped Jins (fire demons) the desert wind storms, the Sun, moon and stars.

Muslims claim that their god Allah is the same as the God of Israel and the Bible. It is not so, Islam, like the Church of Rome, originated from Babylon. However, although Islam did not adopt the full array of the Babylonish doctrines and abominations, many similarities are nevertheless, discernible.

The Moon God

The main branch of Babylon religions represented Nimrod as the sun god and Semiramis as the moon goddess. The goddesses Astarte & Isis were frequently symbolized by the crescent moon, and this was carried forward by the Church of Rome in the symbolism of the Virgin Mary. However, there was a variant of this in which the symbolism of the sun and moon was reversed, the moon thereby representing the male divinity. In this, Cush, the father of Nimrod, was worshiped under the name "Meni" or "Manai," = "The Numberer" in Chaldee. Given that astronomy and the calculation of motion of the stars was an essential feature of the Babylon religious system, it is natural that its gods were accredited with having invented arithmetic.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#273 Jan 9, 2014
In this "created story" we have Mohammad who is supposed to be illiterate, and "meditating" in a cave, is startled when an Angel named "Gabriel" (note El or Elohim were the god (s) of the Caananites who Joshua fought against) and told this illiterate camel herder to "Iqra", Or read! Keep in mind that he's fkin ILLITERATE! As if the Angel didn't know that already!

It is unanimously accepted that the first five verses of the chapter Al-‘Alaq (The Clot) were the first words of revelation to the Holy Prophet Muhammad (sas). The remaining verses of the chapter were revealed later on. The Holy Prophet was deeply engrossed in devotion (meditation) in the Cave of Hira when the Angel Gabriel descended and said to him,“Read!”

He replied,“I cannot read.”

The Angel then squeezed him in a tight embrace and repeated the command:“Read!” Again the Holy Prophet answered:“I do not know how to read.”

This happened three times. Then the Holy Prophet began to read and the Angel read out these five verses to him. The Holy Prophet then returned home, and so overcome was he by the majesty of the revelation, that the flesh on his shoulders and throat began to shiver so that he requested of Lady Khadija,“Cover me. Cover me.”
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#274 Jan 9, 2014
If GOD ain't real, no sweat but why the big deal about discussing with us who believe HE is real. Why all the verbal attacks on the Bible, Christianity, Christians, church, and all the other on something ain't real or is irrelevant.
The reason is most Christians won't shut up about their beliefs, so we interject our, meaning your, beliefs, right!
Possibly the Bible narrative is the third in sequence. Which I don't believe but believe the Bible is repetitive of the original. It is possible and very probable Egyptian wisdom was learned from even older, much, much older civilisations that were already extinct when the Egyptian civilization came on the scene.
Here's something should throw a sprag in everyone' s teaching and belief. This discussion and arguments concerning the creation of Adam, the 6000 year creation being disproved by archaeological findings of beings a lot older than 6000 years. Adam was the first Adamah creation 6000 years ago but there were beings on earth, not the stooped over apelike creatures who surely were here, but upright walking beings in the form of man walking here millenium before Adam, not only proved scientifically but also proved biblically,
It's not that the ten Commandments came from Egypt and Moshe learned them from Egypt. The 10 Commandments were from before that. I AM the same yesterday, today and forever and I change not. What is sin today was sin in the Garden of EDEN and what was sin in the Garden of EDEN is sin today.
Eve should not have lain with satanail and had Cain.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#275 Jan 9, 2014
This Fable is so full of shyt I don't know where to begin! I immediately picked up on the numerology involved with this "story", Peter denied Jesus thrice (3 times) and Mohammed gets bear hugged (3) times by a fkin ANGEL (a play on Jacob wrestling the Angel of the Lord, maybe!) and yells, "uncle" and starts to read the first verse of the "holy" Quran. HE'S ILLITERATE!!!! It also hit me that the Mormon Joseph Smith, was approached by an "Angel" named Moroni, and given Golden Tablets (Moses had stone Tablets) with the words of God already pre-printed just for him.

If by now some of you can't see that these religions are man- made and plagiarized from ancient myths and Allegorical interpretations, I don't know what to tell you.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#276 Jan 9, 2014
dunadd wrote:
If GOD ain't real, no sweat but why the big deal about discussing with us who believe HE is real. Why all the verbal attacks on the Bible, Christianity, Christians, church, and all the other on something ain't real or is irrelevant.
The reason is most Christians won't shut up about their beliefs, so we interject our, meaning your, beliefs, right!
Possibly the Bible narrative is the third in sequence. Which I don't believe but believe the Bible is repetitive of the original. It is possible and very probable Egyptian wisdom was learned from even older, much, much older civilisations that were already extinct when the Egyptian civilization came on the scene.
Here's something should throw a sprag in everyone' s teaching and belief. This discussion and arguments concerning the creation of Adam, the 6000 year creation being disproved by archaeological findings of beings a lot older than 6000 years. Adam was the first Adamah creation 6000 years ago but there were beings on earth, not the stooped over apelike creatures who surely were here, but upright walking beings in the form of man walking here millenium before Adam, not only proved scientifically but also proved biblically,
It's not that the ten Commandments came from Egypt and Moshe learned them from Egypt. The 10 Commandments were from before that. I AM the same yesterday, today and forever and I change not. What is sin today was sin in the Garden of EDEN and what was sin in the Garden of EDEN is sin today.
Eve should not have lain with satanail and had Cain.
I look at it as a good intellectual exercise on what is believed vs. What historical evidence and science says! Belief doesn't mean it's truth. How many people believed they could fly before they stepped off the building roof! To add, name ANY civilization that is older that Egypt with tangible evidence to back it! I'll write you a personal check for $1,000 dollars!
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#277 Jan 9, 2014
I never claimed there's no Creator(s) who made all we see and don't see. I'm saying the religious dogmas were created by man in Allegorical and symbolism, and myths and passed down in the form of the Torah, New Testament, and the Quran which each religion has as it's founder a figure named Abraham, who didn't exist!
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#278 Jan 9, 2014
On Fridays go by a mosque and shoot them the bird. On Saturdays go by a synagogue and Seventh Day Adventist church and shoot them the bird. On Sundays shoot the bird to any people in front of any church.
You gonna have a tough time shooting Hindus the bird on their holyday because they have beaucoup holydays and gods.
With the Mormons watch for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on TV and shoot them the bird.
If I have left any group out, forgive me and you can be innovative and figure out what to do with them.
During Kwanzaa you can stand in front of a mirror and shoot yourself the bird. You do believe in Kwanzaa, don't ye?
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#279 Jan 9, 2014
Why should and would I name any civilization older than the Egyptians? Do you honestly believe I am dumb enough to think you would believe me, a liar in your estimation. Give me break , dork. You ain't gonna believe anything I write and I am smart enough to have figured that out.
There have been more than one civilization older than the Egyptian. There is also proof there were beings walking uprightly in Asia and Europe older than the African finds but that don't suit your racism that man originated in Africa.
There were civilisations flourishing simultaneously in Asia, Europe and Africa.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#280 Jan 9, 2014
dunadd wrote:
On Fridays go by a mosque and shoot them the bird. On Saturdays go by a synagogue and Seventh Day Adventist church and shoot them the bird. On Sundays shoot the bird to any people in front of any church.
You gonna have a tough time shooting Hindus the bird on their holyday because they have beaucoup holydays and gods.
With the Mormons watch for the Mormon Tabernacle Choir on TV and shoot them the bird.
If I have left any group out, forgive me and you can be innovative and figure out what to do with them.
During Kwanzaa you can stand in front of a mirror and shoot yourself the bird. You do believe in Kwanzaa, don't ye?
Kwanzaa is a religious belief?
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#281 Jan 9, 2014
dunadd wrote:
Why should and would I name any civilization older than the Egyptians? Do you honestly believe I am dumb enough to think you would believe me, a liar in your estimation. Give me break , dork. You ain't gonna believe anything I write and I am smart enough to have figured that out.
There have been more than one civilization older than the Egyptian. There is also proof there were beings walking uprightly in Asia and Europe older than the African finds but that don't suit your racism that man originated in Africa.
There were civilisations flourishing simultaneously in Asia, Europe and Africa.
You mean to say that one set of bones that was carbon dated to a few hundred thousand years is proof of a "civilization" that's older than the Egyptian culture? I'll write myself the check, thank you, because the Egyptian culture was a transplanted culture from deeper south of Egypt in the Sudan/ Uganda/ Tanzania area of Lake Victoria...the source of the Nile River, which flows south to north. How is it racism to state facts? Your flourishing cities that are older than Egypt has nothing left to attest to have ever existed! Why bother bringing them up?
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#282 Jan 9, 2014
I don't know what Kwanzaa is. I ain't one of youse guys and you ain't gonna let me in on none of your secrets.
Ain't youse guys religious or are you a bunch of heathens like Christians?
Like you say Christians like Loughner and McVeigh. If you can say those heathens are Christians, why do i have to be upbeat about your Kwanzaa.
dunadd

Greensboro, NC

#283 Jan 9, 2014
I bother to bring up my older civilisations for the same reason you bring up your African civilisations because I love my Europeanness and am proud of my Euroepanness like you are proud of your Africanness.
It's not racism for you to state facts but racism for me to state facts, is that how it is, huh? I ain't no more interested in your Africanness than you are my Celticness.
I am interested in my spouse's Native Americanness as Native Americanness and Celticness are compatible.
My people's word for God is YHWH while their word for God is YOWA. Mighty close, ain't it?
Gotta run. Going to that awful thing called a Church service. Until Then!!!
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#284 Jan 9, 2014
dunadd wrote:
I don't know what Kwanzaa is. I ain't one of youse guys and you ain't gonna let me in on none of your secrets.
Ain't youse guys religious or are you a bunch of heathens like Christians?
Like you say Christians like Loughner and McVeigh. If you can say those heathens are Christians, why do i have to be upbeat about your Kwanzaa.
I'm not closed minded at all, and find history pretty interesting. History tells so much of what's going on in the world today! The Celtics were quite a people in their historical setting.

Tribal warfare appears to have been a regular feature of Celtic societies. While epic literature depicts this as more of a sport focused on raids and hunting rather than organised territorial conquest, the historical record is more of tribes using warfare to exert political control and harass rivals, for economic advantage, and in some instances to conquer territory.

The Celts were described by classical writers such as Strabo, Livy, Pausanias, and Florus as fighting like "wild beasts", and as hordes. Dionysius said that their "manner of fighting, being in large measure that of wild beasts and frenzied, was an erratic procedure, quite lacking in military science. Thus, at one moment they would raise their swords aloft and smite after the manner of wild boars, throwing the whole weight of their bodies into the blow like hewers of wood or men digging with mattocks, and again they would deliver crosswise blows aimed at no target, as if they intended to cut to pieces the entire bodies of their adversaries, protective armour and all".

Very brave warrior people! And your women were the forerunners for today's feminist movement.

Among the insular Celts, there is a greater amount of historic documentation to suggest warrior roles for women. In addition to commentary by Tacitus about Boudica, there are indications from later period histories that also suggest a more substantial role for "women as warriors", in symbolic if not actual roles. Posidonius and Strabo described an island of women where men could not venture for fear of death, and where the women ripped each other apart.[91] Other writers, such as Ammianus Marcellinus and Tacitus, mentioned Celtic women inciting, participating in, and leading battles.[92] Poseidonius' anthropological comments on the Celts had common themes, primarily primitivism, extreme ferocity, cruel sacrificial practices, and the strength and courage of their women.
wiseAfricanAmeri can

Columbus, OH

#285 Jan 9, 2014
Outcome of the Battle of the Allia:

The Romans were badly defeated, although we don't know how many escaped by swimming across the Tiber and fleeing to Veii. The defeat at Allia ranked with Cannae as the worst disasters in Roman Republican military history.

They gave the Romans a run for their money in that battle!
Aftermath:

After a brief delay the Celts went on to Rome, which they sacked and occupied -- all except the Capitol, which remained safe partly because, according to popular legends, geese alerted the defenders to the presence of enemy Celts. After months of siege, the Celts were bribed with gold and left. Another story is that as the Romans weighed out the gold payment, and grumbled about it, Brennus threw his sword on the weights side, adding to the amount of gold the Romans needed to surrender and said, "Vae victis" [Woe to the conquered].

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 1 min Male 1,001
Trump Ru$$ia Diversion: Ban The Transgendered 50 min Go Army 1
Clintons linked to Russia $500,000 55 min Pope Che Reagan C... 47
Any body know her? 56 min HoOtyWoO 6
Robert Mueller Investigating Donald Trump 1 hr free pizza 4 U 593
PRESIDENT TRUMP takes Youngstown by STORM! 1 hr Reality 10
Are Jobs More Important Than Our Environment? 3 hr Reality 201
News Scandal forces appraisal of gay issues | The Co... (Oct '10) 16 hr Another CLGI Member 307

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages