|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

rowdy01 wrote:
"...it may be safely said that no other work of antiquity has been so accurately transmitted."
From what I have read, major omissions and editing were done to produce the King James version of the bible.
Not so, rowdy. Do some research.

When the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1947 -- having been written 1,000 years earlier than the oldest-known biblical manuscript of the time -- the two were discovered to be virtually identical. But, this fact can surprise no one.

Isaiah 40:8

"The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever."

Simple logic informs that a just God would not leave His creation without His message of salvation, thus condemning them to eternal judgment.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "e", BB.
Heck, even I know that!!!
woof
Your poor Catholic mother taught ya that eh?

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Ohhh Tippy...you just hate anyone who doesn't toe the line huh?
I like this one too:
“People say there are no atheists in foxholes. A lot of people think this is a good argument against atheism. Personally, I think it's a much better argument against foxholes.”
Kurt Vonnegut
woof
Arsebackwards, dawg.
Vonnegut made himself a useful tool of short-sighted leftists.

Since: Jan 13

Returning with a vengeance

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
For you, from one of America's great war veterans:
“I've often thought there ought to be a manual to hand to little kids, telling them what kind of planet they're on, why they don't fall off it, how much time they've probably got here, how to avoid poison ivy, and so on. I tried to write one once. It was called Welcome to Earth. But I got stuck on explaining why we don't fall off the planet. Gravity is just a word. It doesn't explain anything. If I could get past gravity, I'd tell them how we reproduce, how long we've been here, apparently, and a little bit about evolution. I didn't learn until I was in college about all the other cultures, and I should have learned that in the first grade. A first grader should understand that his or her culture isn't a rational invention; that there are thousands of other cultures and they all work pretty well; that all cultures function on faith rather than truth; that there are lots of alternatives to our own society. Cultural relativity is defensible and attractive. It's also a source of hope. It means we don't have to continue this way if we don't like it.”
&#8213; Kurt Vonnegut
woof
Thought you were going to quote Zinn for a second

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Arsebackwards, dawg.
Same as I said yesterday about Gandhi and the 1934 Oxford Debate.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Arsebackwards, dawg.
Really Tippy?

How so?

woof

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Really Tippy?
How so?
woof
You've forgotten your post #195 already?
Lay off the recreational pot, dude.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Arsebackwards, dawg.
“She was a fool, and so am I, and so is anyone who thinks he sees what God is Doing,[writes Bokonon].”

Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

woof

“Bee Hive Jive”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

What's the first thing people call out when they are in trouble or about to die.....
Please dear God help me! help me.

They use him like a spare shoe, when in need, but the rest of the time they don't give him another thought

Hmmmmmmm
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? So that must mean that as an atheist, you actually acknowledge the possibility of a higher being.
Like it or not, it's not the diety, snookums. It's the form of government also wearing the clothing of a religion...a religious government that denies basic human rights to females and abuses children.
3,2,1...here come Che and her judgement with no reasoning.
No, that must not mean that.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
You've forgotten your post #195 already?
Lay off the recreational pot, dude.
I'm pretty sure Mr. Vonnegut was quite opinionated for the vast duration of his adult life, and he was never afraid to speak his mind. That that seems to bother you is really quite interesting. He wrote this in 1961, embedded in his third novel:

“You hate America, don't you?'

That would be as silly as loving it,' I said.'It's impossible for me to get emotional about it, because real estate doesn't interest me. It's no doubt a great flaw in my personality, but I can't think in terms of boundaries. Those imaginary lines are as unreal to me as elves and pixies. I can't believe that they mark the end or the beginning of anything of real concern to a human soul. Virtues and vices, pleasures and pains cross boundaries at will.”

Kurt Vonnegut, Mother Night

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
“She was a fool, and so am I, and so is anyone who thinks he sees what God is Doing,[writes Bokonon].”
Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle
woof
So...you ARE religious, you Bokononist [aka "hippie"].
When you pray, do you immediately call yourself with the answer?
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
What's the first thing people call out when they are in trouble or about to die.....
They use him like a spare shoe, when in need, but the rest of the time they don't give him another thought
Hmmmmmmm
There was some scientific study on that?
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

BizzyBee wrote:
Hmmmmmmm
Who besides a pirate keeps a spare shoe around?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm pretty sure Mr. Vonnegut was quite opinionated for the vast duration of his adult life, and he was never afraid to speak his mind. That that seems to bother you is really quite interesting. He wrote this in 1961, embedded in his third novel:
That would be as silly as loving it,' I said.'It's impossible for me to get emotional about it, because real estate doesn't interest me. It's no doubt a great flaw in my personality, but I can't think in terms of boundaries. Those imaginary lines are as unreal to me as elves and pixies. I can't believe that they mark the end or the beginning of anything of real concern to a human soul. Virtues and vices, pleasures and pains cross boundaries at will.”
As offered for counsel to Che, a fellow atheist....

Proverbs 18:2

A fool takes no pleasure in understanding,
but only in expressing his opinion.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
So...you ARE religious, you Bokononist [aka "hippie"].
When you pray, do you immediately call yourself with the answer?
Other than my right to have them or not, I don't discuss my personal beliefs with strangers on the internet. I save those conversations for friends and family.

Engaging in that sort of thing on the internet always ends up with bible verses and proverbs being tossed around as if they are scientific proof, and I find it quite silly.

But as you can probably surmise, I do enjoy Mr. Vonnegut's writings, and I always enjoy it when people like you try to label him as an Atheist/Leftist/Liberal/Tool.. .whatever. If you were to actually read a little bit about him, you would realize that he would have made a wonderful neighbor, much more gracious than that Bennett Smith fellow that has his own thread here, or similar bible pimps.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that must not mean that.
You questioned, indirectly. The lack of evidence does not explicitly mean no evidence exists or disprove an idea. Period. You of all people, counselor, should understand that.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
America is not just lines on map, it is a specific ethnic people and culture.

To be a leftist, you are dedicated to eliminating all three.(globalism, multiculturalism, immigration)
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
As offered for counsel to Che, a fellow atheist....
Proverbs 18:2
A fool takes no pleasure in understanding,
but only in expressing his opinion.
What makes you think I am an atheist, or a theist? The fact that I disagree with you?

woof
Pope Che Reagan Christ I

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2014

Judged:

gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
You questioned, indirectly. The lack of evidence does not explicitly mean no evidence exists or disprove an idea. Period. You of all people, counselor, should understand that.
What the hell are you babbling about?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 201 - 220 of332
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

35 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Canton 28,633
Do we need to impeach Obama to save America? 21 min Buckeye at Birth 32
muslim brotherhood authorizes 'anal jihad' 1 hr Pope Che Reagan Christ I 31
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 1 hr Neutral Party 2,736
Will Obama Resign From Office? 2 hr Neutral Party 582
Investor nightmare (Jul '09) 4 hr Guru-Cleveland 82
Minority recruiting lags for Columbus fire, pol... 6 hr Shanikwah 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••