Peaceful Authentic Islam
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#185 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Proverbs 26:7
Like a lame man's legs, which hang useless, is a proverb in the mouth of fools.
You have a proverb for every occasion!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#186 Jan 7, 2014
Big Johnson wrote:
<quoted text>
You have a proverb for every occasion!
A special one for you...

Proverbs 18:6

A fool's lips walk into a fight,
and his mouth invites a beating.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#187 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
A special one for you...
Solomon anticipated internet tough guys too. If he was alive today he would have more Twitter followers than Oprah!

Now do one for you.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#188 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
A special one for you...
Here's one I like:

"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"

Kurt Vonnegut

woof

Location hidden

#189 Jan 7, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one I like:
"Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile!"
Kurt Vonnegut
woof
No surprise that you, as a committed atheist and leftist, would elevate Vonnegut who once referred to Christians as "not-so-closeted white supremacists, aka 'Christians.'"

Too bad he died before the master race-baiter was elected to the White House and wore out the card.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#190 Jan 7, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Here's one I like:
Kurt Vonnegut
woof
"When people believe in nothing, they start believing in everything"

GK Chesterton

Ivy League-ISIS

#191 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
No surprise that you, as a committed atheist and leftist, would elevate Vonnegut who once referred to Christians as "not-so-closeted white supremacists, aka 'Christians.'"
Too bad he died before the master race-baiter was elected to the White House and wore out the card.
Vonnegut considered Bush seriously equivalent to Hitler, not just hyperbolically.

That the left is in such self-hatred of our civilization, is the root of our problems.

We end either in suicide from liberalism, or homicide from Islam
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#192 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I like this one too:

“If I should ever die, God forbid, let this be my epitaph:
THE ONLY PROOF HE NEEDED
FOR THE EXISTENCE OF GOD
WAS MUSIC”

&#8213; Kurt Vonnegut

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#193 Jan 7, 2014
This one is fun too:

“In the beginning, God created the earth, and he looked upon it in his cosmic loneliness.

And God said, "Let Us make living creatures out of mud, so the mud can see what We have done." And God created every living creature that now moveth, and one was man. Mud as man alone could speak. God leaned close to mud as man sat, looked around, and spoke. "What is the purpose of all this?" he asked politely.

"Everything must have a purpose?" asked God.

"Certainly," said man.

"Then I leave it to you to think of one for all this," said God.

And He went away.”
&#8213; Kurt Vonnegut, Cat's Cradle

woof

Location hidden

#194 Jan 7, 2014
Say it isn't so -- "First Church Atheist has already fractured..."

http://strangeherring.com/2014/01/05/a-strang...
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#195 Jan 7, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Vonnegut considered Bush seriously equivalent to Hitler, not just hyperbolically.
That the left is in such self-hatred of our civilization, is the root of our problems.
We end either in suicide from liberalism, or homicide from Islam
Let's look at what you are referring to in context, Karl:

“In case you haven't noticed, as the result of a shamelessly rigged election in Florida, in which thousands of African Americans were arbitrarily disenfranchised, we now present ourselves to the rest of the world as proud, grinning, jut-jawed, pitiless war-lovers with appalling powerful weaponry - who stand unopposed.
In case you haven't noticed, we are now as feared and hated all over the world as the Nazi's once were. And with good reason.

In case you haven't noticed, our unelected leaders have dehumanized millions and millions of human beings simply because of their religion and race. We wound 'em and kill 'em and torture 'em and imprison 'em all we want.
Piece of cake.

In case you haven't noticed, we also dehumanize our own soldiers, not because of their religion or race, but because of their low social class.
Send 'em anywhere. Make 'em do anything.
Piece of cake.

The O'Reilly Factor.
So I am a man without a country, except for the librarians and a Chicago paper called "In These Times."
Before we attacked Iraq, the majestic "New York Times" guaranteed there were weapons of destruction there.
Albert Einstein and Mark Twain gave up on the human race at the end of their lives, even though Twain hadn't even seen the First World War. War is now a form of TV entertainment, and what made the First World War so particularly entertaining were two American inventions, barbed wire and the machine gun.
Shrapnel was invented by an Englishman of the same name. Don't you wish you could have something named after you?
Like my distinct betters Einstein and Twain, I now give up on people too. I am a veteran of the Second World War and I have to say this is the not the first time I surrendered to a pitiless war machine.
My last words? "Life is no way to treat and animal, not even a mouse."
Napalm came from Harvard. Veritas!
Our president is a Christian? So was Adolf Hitler.
What can be said to our young people, now that psychopathic personalities, which is to say persons without consciences, without senses of pity or shame, have taken all the money in the treasuries of our government and corporations and made it all their own?”
&#8213; Kurt Vonnegut, A Man Without a Country

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#196 Jan 7, 2014
Pope Che Reagan Christ I wrote:
<quoted text>
Same deity, Chachi. Like it or not.
Really? So that must mean that as an atheist, you actually acknowledge the possibility of a higher being.

Like it or not, it's not the diety, snookums. It's the form of government also wearing the clothing of a religion...a religious government that denies basic human rights to females and abuses children.

3,2,1...here come Che and her judgement with no reasoning.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#197 Jan 7, 2014
"...it may be safely said that no other work of antiquity has been so accurately transmitted."
From what I have read, major omissions and editing were done to produce the King James version of the bible.

Ivy League-ISIS

#198 Jan 7, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
“In case you haven't noticed, as the result of a shamelessly rigged election in Florida, in which thousands of African Americans were arbitrarily disenfranchised, we now present ourselves to the rest of the world as proud, grinning, jut-jawed, pitiless war-lovers with appalling powerful weaponry - who stand unopposed.
In case you haven't noticed, we are now as feared and hated all over the world as the Nazi's once were. And with good reason.
In case you haven't noticed, our unelected leaders have dehumanized millions and millions of human beings simply because of their religion and race. We wound 'em and kill 'em and torture 'em and imprison 'em all we want.
Piece of cake.
In case you haven't noticed, we also dehumanize our own soldiers, not because of their religion or race, but because of their low social class.
Piece of cake.
The O'Reilly Factor.
So I am a man without a country, except for the librarians and a Chicago paper called "In These Times."
Before we attacked Iraq, the majestic "New York Times" guaranteed there were weapons of destruction there.
Albert Einstein and Mark Twain gave up on the human race at the end of their lives, even though Twain hadn't even seen the First World War. War is now a form of TV entertainment, and what made the First World War so particularly entertaining were two American inventions, barbed wire and the machine gun.
Shrapnel was invented by an Englishman of the same name. Don't you wish you could have something named after you?
Like my distinct betters Einstein and Twain, I now give up on people too. I am a veteran of the Second World War and I have to say this is the not the first time I surrendered to a pitiless war machine.
What can be said to our young people, now that psychopathic personalities, which is to say persons without consciences, without senses of pity or shame, have taken all the money in the treasuries of our government and corporations and made it all their own?”
woof
A shameless critic of the West, and apologist for our enemies.

That traitor is dead, but the time will come when those living will be put against the wall.

I defend the values and history of history's greatest civilization, which brought untold prosperity and dignity to billions.

You defend incompetence and tyranny where it lies, whether it be Latin, Islamic or Chinese.

Quite frankly, you and the rest of the left only oppose "oppression" when it's a White Christian doing it, the recent criticism of Putin testifies to that.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#199 Jan 7, 2014
rowdy01 wrote:
"...it may be safely said that no other work of antiquity has been so accurately transmitted."
From what I have read, major omissions and editing were done to produce the King James version of the bible.
The original "bible" was composed of a lot of different writings. Old Testment, basically in Semetic languages (Hebrew or Aramaic), New Testament, Greek.

Aramaic is a nearly dead language, and the Greek used for the New Testament the language of scholars at the time the gospels were written. Believe it or not, about 300-200BC, a translation of many of the OT writings were made from Hebrew to Greek.

The original translation work was done by St. Jerome, and even then (as now) there are disputes and academic arguments over some of the translations--context is everything and that context surrounding the events of the Bible occurred at least 2000 years ago...

Location hidden

#200 Jan 7, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Piece of cake.
Piece of cake.
The O'Reilly Factor.
woof
Face it, the man never entertained an original thought.
Because everyone knows that horrific violence did not exist prior to WWI.
And all white Christians hate blacks, especially BushChimpHitler.
The ignorance swirling in Vonnegut's self-created microcosm is astounding.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#201 Jan 7, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
A shameless critic of the West, and apologist for our enemies.
That traitor is dead, but the time will come when those living will be put against the wall.
I defend the values and history of history's greatest civilization, which brought untold prosperity and dignity to billions.
You defend incompetence and tyranny where it lies, whether it be Latin, Islamic or Chinese.
Quite frankly, you and the rest of the left only oppose "oppression" when it's a White Christian doing it, the recent criticism of Putin testifies to that.
For you, from one of America's great war veterans:

“I've often thought there ought to be a manual to hand to little kids, telling them what kind of planet they're on, why they don't fall off it, how much time they've probably got here, how to avoid poison ivy, and so on. I tried to write one once. It was called Welcome to Earth. But I got stuck on explaining why we don't fall off the planet. Gravity is just a word. It doesn't explain anything. If I could get past gravity, I'd tell them how we reproduce, how long we've been here, apparently, and a little bit about evolution. I didn't learn until I was in college about all the other cultures, and I should have learned that in the first grade. A first grader should understand that his or her culture isn't a rational invention; that there are thousands of other cultures and they all work pretty well; that all cultures function on faith rather than truth; that there are lots of alternatives to our own society. Cultural relativity is defensible and attractive. It's also a source of hope. It means we don't have to continue this way if we don't like it.”
&#8213; Kurt Vonnegut

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#202 Jan 7, 2014
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Face it, the man never entertained an original thought.
Because everyone knows that horrific violence did not exist prior to WWI.
And all white Christians hate blacks, especially BushChimpHitler.
The ignorance swirling in Vonnegut's self-created microcosm is astounding.
Ohhh Tippy...you just hate anyone who doesn't toe the line huh?

I like this one too:

“People say there are no atheists in foxholes. A lot of people think this is a good argument against atheism. Personally, I think it's a much better argument against foxholes.”

Kurt Vonnegut

woof

Location hidden

#203 Jan 7, 2014
rowdy01 wrote:
Not so, rowdy. Do some research.

When the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered in 1947 -- having been written 1,000 years earlier than the oldest-known biblical manuscript of the time -- the two were discovered to be virtually identical. But, this fact can surprise no one.

Isaiah 40:8

"The grass withers, the flower fades,
but the word of our God will stand forever."

Simple logic informs that a just God would not leave His creation without His message of salvation, thus condemning them to eternal judgment.

“MAGA”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#204 Jan 7, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no "e", BB.
Heck, even I know that!!!
woof
Your poor Catholic mother taught ya that eh?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Columbus Crew To Bid Columbus Adieu! 28 min 404 not found 29
Pittsburgh Steelers team refuses to come out of... 30 min Mudd, James Mudd 47
The Hill: FBI Finds Evidence of Russian Bribery... 1 hr Duke for Mayor 36
What Amerika Elected was a Nit Wit 1 hr Escondido 143
Tiberi Quits Congress 2 hr 404 not found 1
News Dallas Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott win... 3 hr Mudd, James Mudd 1
Trump's Erraticism < loss of Eroticism 4 hr d pants 30

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance