Shooting Spree in Columbus this Morning

Shooting Spree in Columbus this Morning

There are 132 comments on the WCKX-FM Columbus story from Nov 22, 2013, titled Shooting Spree in Columbus this Morning. In it, WCKX-FM Columbus reports that:

Updated: Friday, November 22 2013, 04:02 PM EST COLUMBUS - A suspect was killed and a police officer was wounded during a gun battle that followed the shootings of a woman and a young boy on Friday morning.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WCKX-FM Columbus.

Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#84 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the location under a poster's name is generated by Topix and is not an IP address, right? Of course you don't.
They are quite bright...like a fifteen watt bulb.

woof

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#85 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Notice that understanding her location puts in context.
Oh my.
Oh myyy but you're so not witty or intelligent. Rather irritating and stupid.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#86 Nov 24, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>Says who? If it's in blue, it's the server location.
Really? What server?

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#87 Nov 24, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
They are quite bright...like a fifteen watt bulb.
woof
I prefer candles. Scented, preferably. Pine or cinnamon this time of year, please. Thank you very much. Out of the guy who needs it to be explained several times how come some of us have "fake" locations in our profiles.
Horace

Romulus, MI

#88 Nov 24, 2013
knee grow thugs and the white women they use as semen receptacles

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#89 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the location under a poster's name is generated by Topix and is not an IP address, right? Of course you don't.
Seriously, you are showing just how much you paid for that law degree, 0.0. You can extrapolate a fairly accurate geographical location from an IP address.

Trayvonius Martinez

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#90 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What server?
The ISP server of the poster. or if mobile, whichever server from the mobile service in the area.

“Queen of my domain”

Since: May 10

Location hidden

#91 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What server?
I cannot believe someone is actually this stupid.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#92 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
You do realize that the location under a poster's name is generated by Topix and is not an IP address, right? Of course you don't.
Wrong...
The internet service provider lends you an IP address which you keep for the whole duration that you are connected to the internet. However, this address is not fixed because at the time of the next connection the service provider gives you one of its free addresses (therefore different because depending on its capacity, it may have several hundreds of thousand addresses.).
Your connection is therefore a proxy connection because it is your service provider who sends all the requests you make and the service provider who receives all the pages that you request and who returns them to you.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#93 Nov 24, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? What server?
The one with a ping-pong paddle.
A DNS server.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#94 Nov 25, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>The ISP server of the poster. or if mobile, whichever server from the mobile service in the area.
I believe you are incorrect. I believe it is assigned by Topix to guide the user to a forum that Topix believes would be local for that user, based of course on the location of that user's internet company. Click on one of the names and watch what happens. It casts a pretty wide net in some situations.
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#95 Nov 25, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong...
The internet service provider lends you an IP address which you keep for the whole duration that you are connected to the internet. However, this address is not fixed because at the time of the next connection the service provider gives you one of its free addresses (therefore different because depending on its capacity, it may have several hundreds of thousand addresses.).
Your connection is therefore a proxy connection because it is your service provider who sends all the requests you make and the service provider who receives all the pages that you request and who returns them to you.
Very interesting and accurate. Also, very little to do with the locations under a poster's name on Topix and how it allegedly pinpoints a posters actual physical location.
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#96 Nov 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting and accurate. Also, very little to do with the locations under a poster's name on Topix and how it allegedly pinpoints a posters actual physical location.
a ping works perfect.

a ping will show exact location.

be very worried little commie wannabe.
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#97 Nov 25, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
I prefer candles. Scented, preferably. Pine or cinnamon this time of year, please. Thank you very much. Out of the guy who needs it to be explained several times how come some of us have "fake" locations in our profiles.
You have that a bit mixed up. Here is how your sentence should read:
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text> Out of the guy who I mistakenly and self righteously think needs it to be explained several times how come some of us have "fake" locations in our profiles.
woof
Duke for Mayor

Canton, OH

#98 Nov 25, 2013
gokeefe wrote:
<quoted text>
Seriously, you are showing just how much you paid for that law degree, 0.0. You can extrapolate a fairly accurate geographical location from an IP address.
Then come over to my house today at 3 for beverage. Bring snacks.

See you then.

woof
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#99 Nov 25, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Very interesting and accurate. Also, very little to do with the locations under a poster's name on Topix and how it allegedly pinpoints a posters actual physical location.
So, communication between you and the service provider is established according to the PPP protocol which is characterized for example: The NEAREST AVAILABLE phone call. Selecting an ISP depends on many criteria including the number of services offered and the quality of these services. So what are these criteria?
Cover: some ISPs only offer cover in large towns, other offers national coverage, i.e. a number which is charged as a local call wherever you are calling from.
Bottom line: when you plug in your modem, it finds the nearest available ISP.
Some computer settings and depending who you browse with can also effect the outcome of a location it reads on forums.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#100 Nov 25, 2013
A Ping is how fast a message is sent from your computer to its internet service providers protocol. Also known as: Gopher (Go for this & that)

“HAPPY SPRING”

Since: Apr 10

BLOCKHEADS!

#101 Nov 25, 2013
sidekick wrote:
<quoted text>
So, communication between you and the service provider is established according to the PPP protocol which is characterized for example: The NEAREST AVAILABLE phone call. Selecting an ISP depends on many criteria including the number of services offered and the quality of these services. So what are these criteria?
Cover: some ISPs only offer cover in large towns, other offers national coverage, i.e. a number which is charged as a local call wherever you are calling from.
Bottom line: when you plug in your modem, it finds the nearest available ISP.
Some computer settings and depending who you browse with can also effect the outcome of a location it reads on forums.
When I am out of my house, and go to visit my friend, or anyone in a different county, it registers in that area, if I don't use my registered name,BB.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#102 Nov 25, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
When I am out of my house, and go to visit my friend, or anyone in a different county, it registers in that area, if I don't use my registered name,BB.
That's cellular. Location comes in satellite. Location of ISP in the country seems to react different than city connections.
sidekick

Galloway, OH

#103 Nov 25, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
When I am out of my house, and go to visit my friend, or anyone in a different county, it registers in that area, if I don't use my registered name,BB.
If I post from iPhone in Columbus, it might read from out of state. If I go out to West Jeff, It most likely will read Galloway, West Jeff or London. I think it's the amount of traffic for cellular.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 50 min Male 1,248
News 2 Columbus council members endorse Nan Whaley f... 6 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Party In Crisis–Anti Trump Approach/Identity Po... 10 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Democratic voter base declines 10 hr Duke for Mayor 2
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 13 hr ImPeach 156
Finally, Donald Trump Ousted from KKKloset 14 hr ImPeach 87
Trump Will Win Again in 2020 16 hr Mojo Risen 86

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages