Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#22 May 13, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope not.
This comes under the "Oh, come on now" column:
Special release just made by the WH, via Jay Carney:
"The WH has no knowledge nor were they aware that the Justice Dept. had seized phone records from the AP or it's reporters."
Of course, the current administration would have us believe they/he have no knowledge of the IRS or any other agency spying on special interest groups.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#23 May 13, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course, the current administration would have us believe they/he have no knowledge of the IRS or any other agency spying on special interest groups.
Just like how they claimed they weren't arming the cartels

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#24 May 13, 2013
rowdy01 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or buying up ammo in record amounts...

One of these days a whistle-blower will come forward who will connect all the dots. That's when the war will start.

Ivy League-ISIS

#25 May 13, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Or buying up ammo in record amounts...
One of these days a whistle-blower will come forward who will connect all the dots. That's when the war will start.
GWB scandals:

Enron
WMDs/Plame
FEMA (Brown)
Gonzales and the attorneys
NSA wiretapping

Obama:
Fast and Furious
GSA
DOJ wiretapping the AP
IRS attacks on conservatives
Benghazi
DOE Loans
The Hollywood leaks

Note that Bush was under relentless assault from the MSM.

What of Obama?

He even ATTACKED the MSM!

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#26 May 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
GWB scandals:
Enron
WMDs/Plame
FEMA (Brown)
Gonzales and the attorneys
NSA wiretapping
Obama:
Fast and Furious
GSA
DOJ wiretapping the AP
IRS attacks on conservatives
Benghazi
DOE Loans
The Hollywood leaks
Note that Bush was under relentless assault from the MSM.
What of Obama?
He even ATTACKED the MSM!
I don't know... I suspect that the honeymoon may be ending... if there's one thing the press likes better than the left, it's their own wallets, and they may be smelling out a jackpot. They just have to present it in the way that sells best, which means make it interesting. sad that it has to be that way, but...

Ivy League-ISIS

#27 May 13, 2013
TonyD2 wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know... I suspect that the honeymoon may be ending... if there's one thing the press likes better than the left, it's their own wallets, and they may be smelling out a jackpot. They just have to present it in the way that sells best, which means make it interesting. sad that it has to be that way, but...
What I'm feeling is that the scandals are happening at once, that has the ability to overload the chance to BenSmith them all.

As we know, Congress cannot walk and chew gum at the same time.

The more the scandals show up, the slower Congress moves, potentially crippling the Gang of 8 bill as well.

The limiter becomes what this does at the nearest special elections, on in MA on June 25 (I don't prefer a win, as it enables another RINO, but a close loss sends a chill up the D spine) and another in a safe seat in MO on June 4.

If the R majority in MO exceeds the general election turnout by 10-15 points, watch out.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#28 May 13, 2013
Joe Battenfeld: Obama knee-deep in Nixon-esque scandal.“Who would have guessed that just a few months into his second term, President Obama would be compared to Tricky Dick. And by a liberal Massachusetts Democrat — U.S. Rep. Michael Capuano.”

Plus: Bay State Dems vow:‘Hell to pay’ if IRS allegations ring true.

Outraged Bay State Democrats are blasting President Obama for exhibiting a Nixonian abuse of power after the stunning news that the Department of Justice secretly obtained Associated Press phone records and the IRS targeted conservative groups — new scandals emerging against the backdrop of heightened Benghazi criticism.

“There’s no way in the world I’m going to defend that. Hell, I spent my youth vilifying the Nixon administration for doing the same thing. If they did that, there should be hell to pay,” U.S. Rep. Michael E. Capuano (D-Somerville) said about the IRS scandal.“Not only is it bad government and bad to society, it is horrendous politics. The worst thing you can do is give your opponent an easy hammer with which to hit you.”

“It doesn’t seem to be a couple rogue employees. This appeared to be a systemic issue,” said U.S. Rep. Stephen F. Lynch (D-South Boston), who wants to investigate the matter as a member of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. The committee already has scheduled a hearing on the issue for this week, Lynch said, adding,“No American should find themselves the target of the IRS or any other federal organization because of their political beliefs.”

Both U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-Malden) and the GOP’s Gabriel Gomez, rivals in the Senate special election, slammed the administration’s actions, as new reports emerged yesterday that the Department of Justice seized two months’ worth of phone records from Associated Press reporters and editors.

Read ‘em all. If this is how it’s playing with Massachusetts Democrats ....

Ivy League-ISIS

#29 May 13, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Joe Battenfeld: Obama knee-deep in Nixon-esque scandal.“Who would have guessed that just a few months into his second term, President Obama would be compared to Tricky Dick. And by a liberal Massachusetts Democrat — U.S. Rep. Michael Capuano.”
Plus: Bay State Dems vow:‘Hell to pay’ if IRS allegations ring true.
Outraged Bay State Democrats are blasting President Obama for exhibiting a Nixonian abuse of power after the stunning news that the Department of Justice secretly obtained Associated Press phone records and the IRS targeted conservative groups — new scandals emerging against the backdrop of heightened Benghazi criticism.
“There’s no way in the world I’m going to defend that. Hell, I spent my youth vilifying the Nixon administration for doing the same thing. If they did that, there should be hell to pay,” U.S. Rep. Michael E. Capuano (D-Somerville) said about the IRS scandal.“Not only is it bad government and bad to society, it is horrendous politics. The worst thing you can do is give your opponent an easy hammer with which to hit you.”
“It doesn’t seem to be a couple rogue employees. This appeared to be a systemic issue,” said U.S. Rep. Stephen F. Lynch (D-South Boston), who wants to investigate the matter as a member of the Committee on Oversight and Government Reform. The committee already has scheduled a hearing on the issue for this week, Lynch said, adding,“No American should find themselves the target of the IRS or any other federal organization because of their political beliefs.”
Both U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey (D-Malden) and the GOP’s Gabriel Gomez, rivals in the Senate special election, slammed the administration’s actions, as new reports emerged yesterday that the Department of Justice seized two months’ worth of phone records from Associated Press reporters and editors.
Read ‘em all. If this is how it’s playing with Massachusetts Democrats ....
That's because its close to the vest.

This scandal could damage the D party image, and that means the rino wins the election in June.

Since: Jan 12

United States

#30 May 13, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Please study history.
Aren't you old enough to understand that most of what they taught you in history class was a bunch of cold war propaganda crap?
The answer is yes. Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Ukraine were allies of Hitler and/or glad to see the Nazi's liberating them.
If your google skills are good enough, you might even find a couple of videos that might interest you. One I remember as a parade of Ukrainian women making the sign of the cross and cheering as the Nazis came to liberate. Here's one video in ex-Yugoslavia (Macedonia) where they have a street festival to welcome the Nazis.(Note how the crowd cheers as the Nazi flag goes up?)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
The Nazis were no better or worse than any other regime that proeceeded them. Just far more competent and efficient.
They cheered for those murderous Krauts in fear of being crushed by the Lilliputian and his mad dog automatons. Nothing more, nothing less! It was all about survival of people who had sticks and rocks compared to the butcher's soulless war machine.

Don't forget his sick gay fascination with blonde hair blue eyed men. The Slaves didn't possess any of those genetic features. To Shitler, they were just meat to keep the wheels turning.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#31 May 13, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
<quoted text> They cheered for those murderous Krauts in fear of being crushed by the Lilliputian and his mad dog automatons. Nothing more, nothing less! It was all about survival of people who had sticks and rocks compared to the butcher's soulless war machine.
Don't forget his sick gay fascination with blonde hair blue eyed men. The Slaves didn't possess any of those genetic features. To Shitler, they were just meat to keep the wheels turning.
simpler than that even. Ukraine wanted out from under Russia's thumb. the rest of them had aspirations for being independent.Germany may not have been their perfect Savior, but at least it got them out from under the thumb of the countries they were in. You know the old saying, my enemy's enemy is my friend?

Ivy League-ISIS

#32 May 13, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>simpler than that even. Ukraine wanted out from under Russia's thumb. the rest of them had aspirations for being independent.Germany may not have been their perfect Savior, but at least it got them out from under the thumb of the countries they were in. You know the old saying, my enemy's enemy is my friend?
Why have they recently turned against the West and back to Russia?

Cyclical?

One of my great-grandfathers was Ukrainian, the rest of my family knows little about him, he never picked up a lot of English, he died sometime during the 70s.
Enzyte Bob

Columbus, OH

#33 May 13, 2013
-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
Why have they recently turned against the West and back to Russia?
Cyclical?
they are only for the west when it comes to money and stuff. Their heart is always going to be with Russia.

Ivy League-ISIS

#34 May 13, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>they are only for the west when it comes to money and stuff. Their heart is always going to be with Russia.
Western Ukraine is Roman Catholic, Eastern is Orthodox.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Ukraine_cen...

How significant is this?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman seized by escapee ends suit | The Columbu... (Nov '10) 1 hr johngirl 11
News Tyres International Founder TC Johnson Dies 2 hr 404 not found 2
Is it Over For Trump? 5 hr 404 not found 7
Tyre King 5 hr 404 not found 28
What will Donald Trump do? 6 hr White Fangs 19
Why is Trump still in this race? 6 hr They cannot kill ... 61
News Columbus teacher's conviction for showing 'obsc... 7 hr They cannot kill ... 7

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages