Planet Earth

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/govt-obtains-w...

I think the government is worried about its continued existence. I'll bet they're trying to identify potential whistle-blowers.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

TonyD2 wrote:
http://bigstory.ap.org/article /govt-obtains-wide-ap-phone-re cords-probe
I think the government is worried about its continued existence. I'll bet they're trying to identify potential whistle-blowers.
This is what failing governments do before the real crackdown...the kind with rights being taken away "for the common good" and the jailing of opponents. NDAA is part of this.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

-Clayton Bigsby wrote:
<quoted text>This is what failing governments do before the real crackdown...the kind with rights being taken away "for the common good" and the jailing of opponents. NDAA is part of this.
The libs were the ones bleating on and on about the white man and how he was trampling on the "rights" of the debris of society.

A tried and true leftist gets eight years at the captain's chair and what do we have to show for it:

-Ramming ObamaCare down the throats of people who didn't want it;

-Fraudulent elections;

-Buying off voters with mass distribution of ObamaPhones;

-IRS going after political enemies;

-Homeland Security buying up all the ammunition so the citizens can't arm themselves;

-Lapdog media that makes the 1970's Pravda seem like Woodward and Bernstein;

-Government wiretaps on the news media and retaliation right from Vladimir Putin's playbook

The libs were the ones bleating on about "rights" in the 1970's. Now they are in charge and it proves that was nothing more than projection on a massive, psychotic scale.

What happened to America? Now a banana republic?

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The libs were the ones bleating on and on about the white man and how he was trampling on the "rights" of the debris of society.
A tried and true leftist gets eight years at the captain's chair and what do we have to show for it:
-Ramming ObamaCare down the throats of people who didn't want it;
-Fraudulent elections;
-Buying off voters with mass distribution of ObamaPhones;
-IRS going after political enemies;
-Homeland Security buying up all the ammunition so the citizens can't arm themselves;
-Lapdog media that makes the 1970's Pravda seem like Woodward and Bernstein;
-Government wiretaps on the news media and retaliation right from Vladimir Putin's playbook
The libs were the ones bleating on about "rights" in the 1970's. Now they are in charge and it proves that was nothing more than projection on a massive, psychotic scale.
What happened to America? Now a banana republic?
Yep. 80 years of Communist influence in academia and 47 years of unfettered immigration by third-worlders led to this.

“Old Right”

Since: Jan 13

Europe: Suicide Continent

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>

At least Vlad is cool and stands up for the Russian people.

The Occupier is a wimp that bows to every foreign leader.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
At least Vlad is cool and stands up for the Russian people.
The Occupier is a wimp that bows to every foreign leader.
I'm actually a big fan of Vlad's. Of course he has to work within the context of Russia's established customs, so what he does will leave the typical westerner scratching his head. But make no mistake, Vlad is a true Russian patriot.

BTW, Serbia just gave a big eff-you to NATO. Look for Macedonia and Montenegro to follow. The eastern countries in the EU won't be there for long.

==========

Serbia becomes PA CSTO observer

SAINT PETERSBURG - The Serbian delegation has been granted observer status at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (PA CSTO), President of the PA CSTO and Chairman of the Russian Duma Sergey Naryshkin said on Thursday.

The PA CSTO council reviewed the applications by their Serbian and Afghan colleagues and decided to grant them observer status, Naryshkin noted.

Serbian Parliament Speaker Nebojsa Stefanovic said Serbia was interested in cooperation with the CSTO, Itar-Tass reported.

This is another confirmation that the PA CSTO has weight and is taken seriously on the international stage, Naryshkin pointed out.

The CSTO was formed based on the Collective Security Treaty between the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States on May 15, 1992.

Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are members of the CSTO.

“Old Right”

Since: Jan 13

Europe: Suicide Continent

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm actually a big fan of Vlad's. Of course he has to work within the context of Russia's established customs, so what he does will leave the typical westerner scratching his head. But make no mistake, Vlad is a true Russian patriot.
BTW, Serbia just gave a big eff-you to NATO. Look for Macedonia and Montenegro to follow. The eastern countries in the EU won't be there for long.
==========
Serbia becomes PA CSTO observer
SAINT PETERSBURG - The Serbian delegation has been granted observer status at the Parliamentary Assembly of the Collective Security Treaty Organization (PA CSTO), President of the PA CSTO and Chairman of the Russian Duma Sergey Naryshkin said on Thursday.
The PA CSTO council reviewed the applications by their Serbian and Afghan colleagues and decided to grant them observer status, Naryshkin noted.
Serbian Parliament Speaker Nebojsa Stefanovic said Serbia was interested in cooperation with the CSTO, Itar-Tass reported.
This is another confirmation that the PA CSTO has weight and is taken seriously on the international stage, Naryshkin pointed out.
The CSTO was formed based on the Collective Security Treaty between the countries of the Commonwealth of Independent States on May 15, 1992.
Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan and Tajikistan are members of the CSTO.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_preside...

Are the Russians primed to win there as well?

It did annoy me back in 2008 when Juan was all WWIII when the Georgians shot first.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

-The-Artist- wrote:
<quoted text>
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georgian_preside...
Are the Russians primed to win there as well?
It did annoy me back in 2008 when Juan was all WWIII when the Georgians shot first.
The President of Chechnia is Pro-Russian. It may be hard to understand for people growing up in this country, but there is a lot of love for the Russians both in places where you would expect it (slavic-speaking Orthodox countries) and where you wouldn't normally expect it.

Putin is seen as a hero for taking back most of what the oligarchs plundered from Russia and restoring some semblance of order. Of course, some of it got passed out to apparatchiks but that's the way all governments work.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

InstaPundit's take on this story and the Communist infiltration of our government:

"They can’t afford any leaks, in this Administration. Too much stuff going on that can’t stand the light of day."

==========

THEY TOLD ME IF I VOTED FOR MITT ROMNEY, THE GOVERNMENT WOULD BE SPYING ON JOURNALISTS. AND THEY WERE RIGHT! Govt obtains wide AP phone records in probe.” The Justice Department secretly obtained two months of telephone records of reporters and editors for The Associated Press in what the news cooperative’s top executive called a ‘massive and unprecedented intrusion’ into how news organizations gather the news. The records obtained by the Justice Department listed incoming and outgoing calls, and the duration of each call, for the work and personal phone numbers of individual reporters, general AP office numbers in New York, Washington and Hartford, Conn., and the main number for AP reporters in the House of Representatives press gallery, according to attorneys for the AP.”

They can’t afford any leaks, in this Administration. Too much stuff going on that can’t stand the light of day.

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The President of Chechnia is Pro-Russian. It may be hard to understand for people growing up in this country, but there is a lot of love for the Russians both in places where you would expect it (slavic-speaking Orthodox countries) and where you wouldn't normally expect it.
Putin is seen as a hero for taking back most of what the oligarchs plundered from Russia and restoring some semblance of order. Of course, some of it got passed out to apparatchiks but that's the way all governments work.
Come on bobby boy let's play.

Your German buddy loved the slavs huh?

He loved your kismet butties too yep.

Don't be a wuss homer.

Again did you sit down all the time you hung out at the Kismet or did you assume the Islamic prayer position?
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Best of all, American Pravda has Barry's back. Expect talking points to infiltrate all over the media.

==========

The New JournoList spin on the IRS

Posted on 05/13/2013 by Meryl Yourish

That’s funny. Two different articles, one in Mother Jones, one in the WaPo, yet they’re running the exact same explanation as to why the IRS targeted conservative groups filing for tax exemptions.

From Ezra Klein’s Wonkblog:

The context for all this is that after Citizens United and some related decisions, the number of groups registering as 501(c)4s doubled. Because the timing of that doubling coincided with a rise in political activism on the right rather than the left, a lot of the politicized groups attempting to register as 501(c)4s were describing their purpose in tea party terms. A popular conceit, for instance, was that they existed to educate on the Constitution — even if the particular pedagogical method meant participating in Republican Party primaries and pressuring incumbent politicians.

From Kevin Drum in Mother Jones:

The problem is that the explosion of 501(c)4 groups is a genuine problem: they really have grown like kudzu, lots of them really are used primarily as electioneering vehicles, and the IRS has been either unwilling or unable to regulate them properly. So the fact that some of the folks responsible for processing these applications were looking for a way to flag potentially dubious groups is sort of understandable.

So that’s the New JournoList party line, is it? It’s an “understandable” error due to the rise in the number of groups registering for tax-exempt status.

Note also how both of them nod their heads and agree that the IRS screwed up. They “bungled it horribly”(Drum) and they “were attempting to create a usable shortcut”(Klein). Justify, justify, justify. This one must have a multi-tiered thread in the New Journolist listserv. Guaranteed this is just the first of many explanations that will be thrown against the wall to see which one sticks. And it will be aided and abetted by the mainstream media, because the New JournoList is the mainstream media.

I found two. How many more New JournoList IRS apologists can you find?

http://www.yourish.com/2013/05/13/18040
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Joe Klein’s Cry For Help

May 13th, 2013 - 1:44 pm

“Looks as though Joe Klein is back on the Narrative Plantation,” John Nolte writes at Big Journalism.“After blistering the Obama Administration over revelations that the IRS was targeting conservative groups, today Klein took his marching orders from Ezra Klein and publicly walked it all way back:”

I may have swung a bit too hard, putting Barack Obama’s Administration in the same league as Franklin Roosevelt’s and Richard Nixon’s when it comes to the Internal Revenue Service. The situation remains a major embarrassment, though.

The most important difference is that the Roosevelt and Nixon IRS depredations came from the White House. This mess seems to have percolated from the middle–the IRS’s Cincinnati office (a major facility, by the way)–up to the upper-middle. It was an overreaction, to be sure–but, as Ezra Klein explains, it was a response to a very real problem[.]

“So now Joe Klein is back in the club — back on the Narrative Plantation as a member of Ezra Klein’s JournOlist in good standing,” Nolte adds.“Now that everyone is in line and knows their place, the media can proceed to circle the wagons.”

I’d love to know how Joe was instructed to dial it back. Did anything need to be spoken, or was it simply understood?“Joe, you’re 66 years old, only a few years younger than Bob Woodward. You saw what me and the rest of the boys in the Juicebox Mafia did to him a couple of month ago, right? Shame if something like that were to happen to you…”

Update: And again (times two):“The New JournoList spin on the IRS,” as spotted by Meryl Yourish:

That’s funny. Two different articles, one in Mother Jones, one in the WaPo, yet they’re running the exact same explanation as to why the IRS targeted conservative groups filing for tax exemptions.

“I found two,” Yourish adds.“How many more New JournoList IRS apologists can you find?” Add Klein to the list, which could keep on growing.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
Your German buddy loved the slavs huh?
Please study history.

Aren't you old enough to understand that most of what they taught you in history class was a bunch of cold war propaganda crap?

The answer is yes. Croatia, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Macedonia and Ukraine were allies of Hitler and/or glad to see the Nazi's liberating them.

If your google skills are good enough, you might even find a couple of videos that might interest you. One I remember as a parade of Ukrainian women making the sign of the cross and cheering as the Nazis came to liberate. Here's one video in ex-Yugoslavia (Macedonia) where they have a street festival to welcome the Nazis.(Note how the crowd cheers as the Nazi flag goes up?)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

The Nazis were no better or worse than any other regime that proeceeded them. Just far more competent and efficient.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

^^^ Most of those nations weren't countries so it's hard to be listed as allies ... I'm talking about the sentiment of the local people. They were not anti-Nazi - they were for whoever could liberate them.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

I am getting banned huh

Too many red warnings.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
I am getting banned huh
Too many red warnings.
Don't look at me. I am all for free speech. I don't snitch on principle, either.

Clear your cookies and the red warnings will go away.

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't look at me. I am all for free speech. I don't snitch on principle, either.
Clear your cookies and the red warnings will go away.
I know it's not you Bytch.

Still, Yeshua says get down on your knees and pray for forgiveness for your pedophile boy loving tendencies.

And by the way stay seated at all times at the Kismet.
Stop assuming the Islamic prayer position.

Fun huh?

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
I am getting banned huh
Too many red warnings.
I hope not.

This comes under the "Oh, come on now" column:

Special release just made by the WH, via Jay Carney:

"The WH has no knowledge nor were they aware that the Justice Dept. had seized phone records from the AP or it's reporters."
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Listen to you guys complaining about a criminal investigation into who leaked information about an anti-terrorism CIA operation. My goodness, it's amazing how politics can change ones perspective on the "war on terrorism."

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Che Reagan Christ wrote:
Listen to you guys complaining about a criminal investigation into who leaked information about an anti-terrorism CIA operation. My goodness, it's amazing how politics can change ones perspective on the "war on terrorism."
well there ya go 0.0

When the New CIA whistleblowers begin to testify shortly, remember what you said OK bytch.

Perspective is everything huh until the impeachment.

Dukie says he wants his table tennis balls back by the way.
Both of them.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance