First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Enzyte Bob

Westerville, OH

#1 Oct 8, 2012
Repeating:

90% of Democrats are voting for Barry;
90% of Republicans are voting for Mitt.

Party identification is virtually equal, maybe slightly in favor of Democrats.

With Mitt winning independents by 16 points, I don't see how Barry can win.

==========

BATTLEGROUND POLL: ROMNEY UP 16 WITH INDEPENDENTS, UP 13 IN ENTHUSIASM

785
22
871

Email Article
Print Article
Send a Tip

by JOHN NOLTE 8 Oct 2012, 6:10 AM PDT 291 POST A COMMENT
In 2008, President Barack Obama won the independent vote over John McCain by a margin of eight points, 52-44. This morning, a new Battleground Poll has Mitt Romney massacring Obama among indies by a whopping 16 points, 51-35.

That's a 24-point swing among independents since 2008, a group that makes up anywhere from a quarter to a third of voters, and yet Battleground still has Obama in the lead 49-48…?

But if I'm skeptical of those bottom-line numbers, our journalist overlords who have chosen to palace guard instead of question will declare me a "truther."

The Battleground Poll also shows a 13 point enthusiasm gap in Romney's favor. Only 73% of Obama's supporters are "extremely likely" to vote, compared to 86% of Romney's supporters.

But again, don't question Battleground's 49-48% outcome. In fact, don't question anything anymore -- or the media will question you and mock you as a "truther. " This includes questioning our government about the release of counter-intuitive unemployment statistics very helpful to the president just 30 days out from the election.

Though the media hasn't yet decided it's time for a Romney Comeback Narrative, and probably never will, even if he wins -- there's no question Romney is rebounding in every national and swing state poll.

Nationally, Gallup has it all tied up among registered voters -- with the president dangerously below 50 at 47%. Rasmussen uses the more reliable likely voter screen and has Romney up 49-47%.

In the Real Clear Politics poll of polls, nationally Romney is only down .09%. A week ago he was down over 4 points.

In Ohio, according to RCP's poll of polls, Obama's Ohio lead has shrunk to three -- Virginia has Obama only up by 0.3. Florida and Colorado are tied.

The good news for Romney is that we are now seeing polls from each of these states with the GOP nominee in the lead. The bad news for Obama is that in most of these swing state polls, he is not hitting 50.

Well, actually the worst news for Obama is 85% of the calls made for this new Battleground Poll were made prior to Obama humiliating himself in last week's debate.



Follow John Nolte on Twitter @NolteNC

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#2 Oct 8, 2012
It is so over for Obama. Lock and load for the riots come November 7.
joe

Gilbert, WV

#3 Oct 8, 2012
Eli

Germany

#5 Oct 8, 2012
now find common reason. This romney is much worse than Obama. He criticizes is Obama, but his own plans are worse.
Romney is really guy, who is dishonest, who lies more than Obama. He says bs. it is hypocrisy and he can be very dangerous as president, it is the same clique as behind bush and his merry company of global war criminals.
this romney promises rather more wars and nothing more. It is really scumbag.

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#6 Oct 8, 2012
Eli wrote:
now find common reason. This romney is much worse than Obama. He criticizes is Obama, but his own plans are worse.
Romney is really guy, who is dishonest, who lies more than Obama. He says bs. it is hypocrisy and he can be very dangerous as president, it is the same clique as behind bush and his merry company of global war criminals.
this romney promises rather more wars and nothing more. It is really scumbag.
STFU, kraut. Mind your own continent. Hope you like eating Greek.
Hey Dude

Delaware, OH

#7 Oct 8, 2012
Bobblehead Romney, all he can say in his commercials is 4 more years this, 4 more years of that, can't he think up something on his own? He hasn't had 4 years of anything except closing plants & busines's & sending them to China.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#8 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
Bobblehead Romney, all he can say in his commercials is 4 more years this, 4 more years of that, can't he think up something on his own? He hasn't had 4 years of anything except closing plants & busines's & sending them to China.
Speaking of closing "business's" not sending them anywhere just closing them....

http://autos.aol.com/article/auto-bailout-pre...

The Obama plan also allowed GM and Chrysler to close about 2,000 dealerships. Both auto companies have been "over-dealered" in most markets for years, which makes them less competitive against Japanese companies like Toyota and Honda whose dealership networks are much more efficient. But effected car dealers, backed by tough franchise laws designed to favor them, bitterly complained and Republicans have advocated on their behalf.

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#9 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
Bobblehead Romney, all he can say in his commercials is 4 more years this, 4 more years of that, can't he think up something on his own? He hasn't had 4 years of anything except closing plants & busines's & sending them to China.
He's already won the election, Spanky. Enjoy.
earl jr

Gilbert, WV

#10 Oct 8, 2012
lie to 'em sweet talk 'em but don't let 'em know where your heart is until after you
win
for romneys 1%ers
========== i really like this part ==========
So here's what he said ... A stupid thing to say in a campaign, lie to 'em sweet talk 'em but don't let 'em know where your heart is until after you
win
==========
======== pass it on==========
==========read it all ==========
ryans medicare plan
http://tucsoncitizen.com/medicare/2012/08/15/

So, here's what he said. Is the 47 percent accurate? Probably not, but we do have a lot of people waiting to get given stuff by the govt.
==========
==========
We need to work. Work, work and work some more. There are no free rides. I have to agree with oromney on a few things ... We need to axe or restructure social security, we need put time limits on welfare help, we need to put people to work, we need to make people work hard, if it means two or three jobs so be it.
Also, have to say that the rich don't owe the poor anythin and the poor don't owe the rich anything. Everyone needs to work for himself. You want to be rich, bust your azz or take a chance.

========== i really like this part ==========
So here's what he said ... A stupid thing to say in a campaign, lie to 'em sweet talk 'em but don't let 'em know where your heart is until after you win ...
==========

Romney: There are 47 percent of the people who will vote for the president no matter what. All right, there are 47 percent who are with him, who are dependent upon government, who believe that they are victims, who believe that government has a responsibility to care for them, who believe that they are entitled to health care, to food, to housing, to you name it. That that's an entitlement. And the government should give it to them. And they will vote for this president no matter what. And I mean, the president starts off with 48, 49, 48—he starts off with a huge number. These are people who pay no income tax. Forty-seven percent of Americans pay no income tax. So our message of low taxes doesn't connect. And he'll be out there talking about tax cuts for the rich. I mean that's what they sell every four years. And so my job is not to worry about those people—I'll never convince them that they should take personal responsibility and care for their lives. What I have to do is convince the 5 to 10 percent in the center that are independents that are thoughtful, that look at voting one way or the other depending upon in some cases emotion, whether they like the guy or not, what it looks like. I mean, when you ask those people…we do all these polls—I find it amazing—we poll all these people, see where you stand on the polls, but 45 percent of the people will go with a Republican
Hey Dude

Delaware, OH

#11 Oct 8, 2012
6was9 wrote:
<quoted text>
Speaking of closing "business's" not sending them anywhere just closing them....
http://autos.aol.com/article/auto-bailout-pre...
The Obama plan also allowed GM and Chrysler to close about 2,000 dealerships. Both auto companies have been "over-dealered" in most markets for years, which makes them less competitive against Japanese companies like Toyota and Honda whose dealership networks are much more efficient. But effected car dealers, backed by tough franchise laws designed to favor them, bitterly complained and Republicans have advocated on their behalf.
Yes they stopped making Pontiac's & other cars that weren't selling. This was alot of what George W. Bush caused before Obama got into office. But you don't want to talk about what George W. Bush did in his 8 years. You only want to talk about what has happened on Obama's watch, even tho George W. Bush started the downfall.
Hey Dude

Delaware, OH

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>He's already won the election, Spanky. Enjoy.
Yes Obama has already WON. If you think Romney has won, let's wager a bet & settle it the day after the election on Nov 7, 2012. On Non 8, 2012 we will see who won & who lost. Are you game to wager a bet?

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#13 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes Obama has already WON. If you think Romney has won, let's wager a bet & settle it the day after the election on Nov 7, 2012. On Non 8, 2012 we will see who won & who lost. Are you game to wager a bet?
Name the bet. It has to maintain anonymity and be verifiable through posting here. How about a vanity thread, admitting that you were wrong?
BTW, the election is on the 6th, but by all means, feel free to wait until the 7th to cast your vote.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#14 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they stopped making Pontiac's & other cars that weren't selling. This was alot of what George W. Bush caused before Obama got into office. But you don't want to talk about what George W. Bush did in his 8 years. You only want to talk about what has happened on Obama's watch, even tho George W. Bush started the downfall.
Sure I will talk about Bush...Did not like the RINO....

Hate obama though....

Does not change the "FACT" that obama closed down 2000 dealerships under has watch.

You excuse obama by claiming and I quote "Yes they stopped making Pontiac's & other cars that weren't selling."

WTF do you think was the reason Bain Capitol closed "unprofitable" parts of companies was.....FN hypocrite.....

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#15 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they stopped making Pontiac's & other cars that weren't selling. This was alot of what George W. Bush caused before Obama got into office. But you don't want to talk about what George W. Bush did in his 8 years. You only want to talk about what has happened on Obama's watch, even tho George W. Bush started the downfall.
October, 2006 unemployment: 4.4%.
Some downfall, huh?
Nobody is listening to the "Bush's fault!" BS anymore.
Hey Dude

Delaware, OH

#16 Oct 8, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Name the bet. It has to maintain anonymity and be verifiable through posting here. How about a vanity thread, admitting that you were wrong?
BTW, the election is on the 6th, but by all means, feel free to wait until the 7th to cast your vote.
LOL, your right, I was a day off. Let's say $20
Hey Dude

Delaware, OH

#17 Oct 8, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>October, 2006 unemployment: 4.4%.
Some downfall, huh?
Nobody is listening to the "Bush's fault!" BS anymore.
Yeah, Bush is History, no reason to think back on what he ruined in his 8 years.

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#18 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL, your right, I was a day off. Let's say $20
And just how does cash change hands anonymously?

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#19 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, Bush is History, no reason to think back on what he ruined in his 8 years.
His first six years were fine. His last two were with a Democrat House and Senate, and everything went to hell.
Hey Dude

Delaware, OH

#20 Oct 8, 2012
Cleavon Little wrote:
<quoted text>Name the bet. It has to maintain anonymity and be verifiable through posting here. How about a vanity thread, admitting that you were wrong?
BTW, the election is on the 6th, but by all means, feel free to wait until the 7th to cast your vote.
We can wait until the day after election day. But if Obama wins, you have to admit that you was wrong. I want change too, but I really feel Obama is going to win.

Since: Sep 12

Hilliard, OH

#21 Oct 8, 2012
Hey Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
We can wait until the day after election day. But if Obama wins, you have to admit that you was wrong. I want change too, but I really feel Obama is going to win.
A post admitting that one of us was wrong.
Deal.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 11 min Pops 31,245
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 29 min JYS 2,437
Will they catch Eric Frein? 50 min yeah baby yeah 5
where is George of Hilliard? 1 hr Big Johnson 51
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 1 hr Catman Dave 240
Michael Moore disses Obama 1 hr They cannot kill ... 11
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 5 hr tranpsosition 3,371
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••