Woman shot, killed outside East Side bar

May 14, 2011 Full story: Columbus Dispatch 36

Alicia Newman, 29, was found slain behind the Lobby Lounge on S. Hamilton Road. Columbus police have identified a 29-year-old woman shot to death yesterday behind the Lobby Lounge on the East Side.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
mia

United States

#1 May 17, 2011
RIP......
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 May 18, 2011
She should have been home with her kids.
Mrs D

United States

#3 May 18, 2011
just saying wrote:
She should have been home with her kids.
you are stupid and obviously did not know her. "Just saying" hers and all children should be tucked safely away in bed with a loving care giver/baby sitter at the time of this treagedy. Being a mom does not mean you don't ever get to have a night out! If you knew her and just did not like her, fine, but there is no need to be disrespectful.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 May 18, 2011
I gave up the night life when I married and had kids. There is no place I would rather be than with my family. The idea of being away from my family, out drinking at 2am is as foreign to me as not being out is to you.
Mrs D

United States

#5 May 18, 2011
You sure do make a lot of assumptions. I am very happily married and I do not go out myslef so being home and not partying is not foreign to me. Judging people and basicly saying someone deserves to die a horrible death because they do is very foreign to me though. She was hard working and a good mom, not to mention just a beautiful person. Your ugly comments don't change those FACTS!
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#6 May 18, 2011
What I am saying is when kids come you need to adjust your life to accommodate their needs. This includes being there for them at 2am. In my book saying someone "needs a night out" is the same as excusing their not being there. Until they are old enough to take care of themselves kids come first. Always and especially at night! Alica Newman did not have to die, but made a wrong decision. Wrong for her and wrong for her kids.
Marteen

United States

#7 May 18, 2011
I went to school with her & I kno she wus a great women!!!@ just saying u say she sould have been @ home with her kids? U can go to tha grocery store tomorrow & never return home should u have not been trying to feed ur kids? Think about it no one knows wut the future holds!!!! Just for u makin that rude remark hug ur kids xtra tight 2nite cause she wont b able to!!! R.I.P Alicia u will be missed!!!
and then

Columbus, OH

#8 May 18, 2011
folks renamed it the Beast Side.
Shut up already

Columbus, OH

#9 May 18, 2011
just saying wrote:
What I am saying is when kids come you need to adjust your life to accommodate their needs. This includes being there for them at 2am. In my book saying someone "needs a night out" is the same as excusing their not being there. Until they are old enough to take care of themselves kids come first. Always and especially at night! Alica Newman did not have to die, but made a wrong decision. Wrong for her and wrong for her kids.
You're making yourself look so ugly with your comments. I'm guessing you don't even know this lady.

I, too, completely altered my existemce when I gave birth, because I wanted my child to have a 24/7 mom; however, that she was able to fit in a social life, in no way, makes her a "bad" mother. She was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, and believe me, that could happen to any of us (I was robbed in Kroger parking lot in broad daylight).

You really need to reflect on your words. They make you sound like a judgemental c u n[.

Y
Good name

Columbus, OH

#10 May 18, 2011
and then wrote:
folks renamed it the Beast Side.
I live there, and couldn't agree more. The whites can't fly fast enough.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#11 May 19, 2011
You people just don't get it, do you? It's all about a good time and finding the next baby daddy to you. I will watch for you on Maury when you've got candidate number 27 for your 9th child. MLK is rolling in his grave when he sees what you've done to his dream. Stupid losers.

Remember: Nothing good happens after midnight. Why look for trouble? But I am talking to the wall.
Butthead

Madison, OH

#12 May 19, 2011
just saying wrote:
You people just don't get it, do you? It's all about a good time and finding the next baby daddy to you. I will watch for you on Maury when you've got candidate number 27 for your 9th child. MLK is rolling in his grave when he sees what you've done to his dream. Stupid losers.
Remember: Nothing good happens after midnight. Why look for trouble? But I am talking to the wall.
No,you are not.It's the nights out that probably made the kids she has now.Your post is right on the money.When you make kids,you take care of them.She must have had some job to be able to afford to feed the family and still go out to party with the way things are today.
Butthead

Madison, OH

#13 May 19, 2011
Marteen wrote:
I went to school with her & I kno she wus a great women!!!@ just saying u say she sould have been @ home with her kids? U can go to tha grocery store tomorrow & never return home should u have not been trying to feed ur kids? Think about it no one knows wut the future holds!!!! Just for u makin that rude remark hug ur kids xtra tight 2nite cause she wont b able to!!! R.I.P Alicia u will be missed!!!
Going to the grocery store to buy food,and going to the bar to do god knows what late at night,are two different things altogether.She was up to no good,and thats what got her killed,face it and stop making excuses.
Mrs D

Naperville, IL

#14 May 19, 2011
You need to pray before you lay your sanctified head on your pillow tonite that tragedy does not find it's way into your life as a lesson for all of your judgement and ugly words. For someone who claims to be all about family you seem to forget that she has one and they do not deserve your disrespect.
Mrs D

Naperville, IL

#15 May 19, 2011
Besides , the most judgemental people usually have a graveyard of skelletons in their closet!
Dear Mrs D

Columbus, OH

#16 May 19, 2011
We obviously know what just saying is doing, when she's home 'mothering'(haha) her children...

Watching Maury Povich!

Great role model there, sanctimonious.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#17 May 19, 2011
There are several lessons to be learned watching a Maury "baby daddy" episode. The momma is a ****. The daddy, if he is the daddy, is doing anything with an opening in it. If the guy is not the daddy it's only because they've got the wrong momma. The people appearing on the show have no education, no sense and no morals. The run down the hallway is televised. The guy who isn't the daddy but says he wants to help is lying. The only one making money is Maury. A lot of valuable lessons taught in 43 minutes to those willing to learn .
Mrs D

Naperville, IL

#18 May 20, 2011
Wow! You actually defend watching it! Lol. Well won't be wasting anymore time on you, but I will pray for your children. They are really going to need it with a judgemental, insensitive, sanctimonious mess like you for a mom.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#19 May 20, 2011
Mrs D wrote:
Wow! You actually defend watching it! Lol. Well won't be wasting anymore time on you, but I will pray for your children. They are really going to need it with a judgemental, insensitive, sanctimonious mess like you for a mom.
You misunderstand, I am the Dad and the kids are babies. Assume much?
Oh geez

Columbus, OH

#20 May 20, 2011
just saying wrote:
<quoted text>
You misunderstand, I am the Dad and the kids are babies. Assume much?
"Until they are old enough to take care of themselves kids come first."

If you truly are a man (with babies), my money is on you screwing someone other than your wife, before your kids turn 18.

And BTW, what kind of "man" watches daytime tv, anyway? You need to busy yourself.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
impeachment 11 min Duke for Mayor 63
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 20 min Male 4,571
Columbus earmarks $1 million to fight smelly water 29 min Duke for Mayor 8
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr Reality 2,518
Anyone have Bill Cosby stay over? 1 hr ban Cosby 9
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 3 hr Anonymous 997
Catman Dave how are the Cats and everyone eles'... 3 hr They cannot kill ... 1
BizzyBee Catman Gokeefe et al 4 hr They cannot kill ... 96
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:55 pm PST

Bleacher Report 3:55PM
Grading Houston's Positional Units in Week 12
Bleacher Report 4:06 PM
Is Josh Gordon a WR1 for Week 13 and Fantasy Football Playoffs?
Bleacher Report 4:56 PM
Start Bernard or Hill in Week 13?
NFL 6:38 PM
Texans' Ryan Mallett might have torn right pectoral
ESPN 7:14 PM
Source: Texans' Mallet played with pec injury