First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#26 Jan 1, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You people took away his opportunity to appoint Mia Love and Allen West, Reader. You don't give a damn about black representation unless the name id followed by a "D."
Sorry, dear, I don't vote in their districts.

I wouldn't vote for West, because he is an idiot. Plenty of qualified blacks for office.

What I heard about Love is much better. But, he wouldn't have been appointing her anyway. Good old boys come first.
Mia Love Yo Mama

Columbus, OH

#30 Jan 1, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, dear, I don't vote in their districts.
I wouldn't vote for West, because he is an idiot. Plenty of qualified blacks for office.
What I heard about Love is much better. But, he wouldn't have been appointing her anyway. Good old boys come first.
You are a slack jawed fool and hopeless.

Location hidden

#31 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
And yet you will say that quotas should not exist.
No one ever complains, except E-Bob, that Jews are vastly overrepresented in Congress.
The reason is that all but one is a D.
Ted Kennedy's 1965 plan to destroy this land is nearly complete...
When Congress looks like the private club of old white men, this is an indicator that opportunity is not well distributed.

To the extent that Congress (or any body) looks like the population that it represents, this would be an indicator not only of the distribution of opportunity, but would increase faith in the ability of that group to fairly represent the population.

But let me suggest that you get your head out of comic book thinking. Your conception is that the world is full of bad people doing bad for no other reason than to destroy good. As a result you are fixated on looking for a superhero to come rescue you. Real life is far more complex. And interesting.

Location hidden

#32 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Free Sh*t Army
Lovely.

Location hidden

#33 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
Why should an incoming freshman get to chair a committee?
My knowledge of how the house works says that rarely happens.
Ask George, he was the one suggesting it.

Location hidden

#37 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a product of "winner take all" in the electoral system, the only way that Congress would reflect demographics is if there was PR.
90% of the GOP's votes come from whites, so it isn't illogical that the GOP is going to have mostly whites in its elected officials.
Come to think of it, the GOP has twice as many brown Senators as the Dems, and one more black Senator.
I will ask you this? What the hell is the GOP supposed to do? Push unqualified liberals of ethnic minority status through its primaries?
It is like any product trying to expand market share. They do marketing research. They determine the needs of the market segments that they are trying to reach and then they determine if their product can meet the needs of that segment, but they don't realize it--suggesting a need for better communication, if their product is not well suited to that segment and they need to think about new product development, or if the needs of that segment are simply beyond the mission and vision of the particular company.

In the case of the Republican Party, so long as they define their base to be consistent with the needs/desires of a demographically shrinking population, they can expect to be less and less relevant.

Location hidden

#38 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
It's a product of "winner take all" in the electoral system, the only way that Congress would reflect demographics is if there was PR.
You assume that whites will only vote for whites, blacks will only vote for blacks, and so forth.

Location hidden

#39 Jan 1, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
I read his quote as referring primarily to West, he could have become a chairman if he was re-elected.
But, the man is an idiot.
Bill

Dublin, OH

#43 Jan 1, 2013
FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
That is great--they should look like the population as a whole.
Go to a cheap big box store and look around. There are your representatives, yes? Enjoy!

Location hidden

#44 Jan 2, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
The men who served under him in Iraq, disagree.
Yeah, not quite, fella. Consider this:

"While serving as a Battalion Commander in Taji, Iraq in 2004, West lost control and performed a “mock execution” on an unarmed, detained Iraqi police officer in front of junior soldiers. No hard intelligence leading to anything of value came of the incident. West claimed he was protecting himself and his soldiers and the victim gave information about a planned IED attack. There were hundreds of thousands of soldiers in Iraq in 2004, myself included, led by hundreds of Battalion Commanders who also wanted to protect their soldiers. None of them resorted to mock executions to do so. Everyone there was under threat. West's conduct was unbecoming of an officer. When an Article 32 investigation found that West violated articles of the Uniform Code of Military Justice, he was relieved of command, and fined $5,000. He was allowed to retire with full benefits."

http://www.policymic.com/articles/6910/rep-al...

Location hidden

#45 Jan 2, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
The voting rights Act is predicated on this idea.
It isn't really feasible unless there is "racial bloc voting" to achieve a Congress that "looks like the people they represent". It's quotas and its stupid.
The Voting Rights Act is predicated on the idea that every citizen, regardless of color, gender, property ownership or wealth has not only a right to vote, but also to be represented. So long as districts are gerrymandered to guarantee that a racially determined bloc of voters can never get a foothold this cannot be the case.

Location hidden

#46 Jan 2, 2013
Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to a cheap big box store and look around. There are your representatives, yes? Enjoy!
You wanna explain your point?

Location hidden

#47 Jan 2, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
And this is why there will be civil war. Like Lebanon in the 1970s.
So, you and your buds are planning to revolt?

Location hidden

#49 Jan 3, 2013
Karl Monday wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I dug a hole in my backyard and stocked it with a few years of chewing gum, I'll come out of it when the war's over.
Seriously, do you honestly think I'd commit a felony on a traceable site?
I will say that if the gun ban passes in Illinois, that violence is almost certain.
Oh wait, in gun ban Chicago, there's a ton of violence and people can't protect themselves.
Violence does not necessarily equal revolution.

So, either you and your buds are planning for the violent overthrow of the US government, or you are an armchair soldier who is full of hot air.

Neither one is exactly a respectable position.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Racist Ferguson Police 5 hr d pantz 59
What ails the black family? Hard realities! 6 hr d pantz 286
Best site to buy fifa15 coins on fifa15buy.com 7 hr Alex 17
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 9 hr They cannot kill ... 5,836
Bibi 9 hr d pantz 80
Driver faces homicide charge (Jul '09) 9 hr Club Crashley 224
A Simple Solution is Don't Challenge the Police... 12 hr Big Johnson 7
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:09 pm PST