Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Just surfing this afternoon and I came across this little gem. Maybe it isn't a gem, but I thought it was kind of interesting for a couple of reasons.

First, it was interesting how Woody could get "fired" and still have an office at the university. I suspect Tressel would have had the same kind of "firing" had he not landed at Akron. Second, I tend to like these types of people who are successful but aren't full of themselves.

http://books.google.com/books...
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Page 158, by the way:

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Just surfing this afternoon and I came across this little gem. Maybe it isn't a gem, but I thought it was kind of interesting for a couple of reasons.
First, it was interesting how Woody could get "fired" and still have an office at the university. I suspect Tressel would have had the same kind of "firing" had he not landed at Akron. Second, I tend to like these types of people who are successful but aren't full of themselves.
Those pages were not available to preview when I clicked.

However, as I recall, Woody was fired for slugging a student. I forget the specifics. He had already been forgiven for tantrums tearing up the yard markers and even slugged a reporter (happens I was at that game, MSU, probably 1972, ended in a toss-up that awaited final decision until the tapes could be shown to the refs before determining that a final MSU goal occured before the clock ran out). Or maybe I have it backwards--maybe he slugged a student at that game but it was the reporter slug that brought him down.

But the office--well, recall that Jerry Sandusky maintained an office at Penn State after he was let go.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
So--he spent the day with a kid he had clocked.

Abusers are often repentent in the aftermath.

I don't want to make a real big deal of it, but the guy had some major personality flaws and/or anger issues. And maybe that goes with the territory. Most people aren't all one thing or all another. So, he also may have quietly done some good stuff. Doesn't make him more of a hero in my eyes.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Hater.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

Judged:

Enzyte Bob wrote:
Hater.
LOL
Wait what

Dublin, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2013

FKA Reader wrote:
<quoted text>
Those pages were not available to preview when I clicked.
Every time you say that - and you say it often - I can click and completely view links in about a nanosecond. You must have tons of malware on your computer, to start with. Or you're using a very old and out of date model and/or connection. Regardless of the reason, you need to upgrade your computer or at least take it to the computer doc because you should be able to click on these links and view them every single time.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 12, 2013

Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
Every time you say that - and you say it often - I can click and completely view links in about a nanosecond. You must have tons of malware on your computer, to start with. Or you're using a very old and out of date model and/or connection. Regardless of the reason, you need to upgrade your computer or at least take it to the computer doc because you should be able to click on these links and view them every single time.
No, WW, in this case we were looking at a preview of an item for sale.

E-Bob had already focused in on the pages in question, and then sent his link on to me. It wouldn't allow me to look at that page.

The fresh link did allow that page.

But, why are you so terribly concerned with the quality of my computer equipment? It has very little to do with you--neither harming nor helping you in any way. I log on from a variety hardware items, from a phone, to a netbook with not much RAM that I never intended for much sophisticated computing (more for convenience) to one of several fairly up-to-date machines, well-guarded from malware by both security software and my individual precautions--caution in clicking unknown links, for instance.

So, if that's all I have done wrong, in your opinion, so far to day, maybe it's time for you to back off a bit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Columbus Forum right now

Search the Columbus Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 22 min Old Guy 29,416
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr Pale Rider 2,942
Columbus Nightclub Days,East Dallas,AAfter The ... (Mar '10) 2 hr Steven 57
Bizzybee Catman Dave Serious Lady Rowdy Sidekick 3 hr They cannot kill a Spook 33
Do you agree with Obama's plan to fundamentally... 3 hr Black Rhino 88
Give Zimmerman a break already! 3 hr Hoodies Skittles N Tea 3
Mother Chased Out Of Home By Armed Man 4 hr yeah baby yeah 1
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 4 hr eden 846
•••
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••