WHY should the RICH, help the middle/...

WHY should the RICH, help the middle/poor class

Posted in the Columbus Forum

First Prev
of 25
Next Last
Walt

Bethel, OH

#1 Jun 4, 2012
I always hear complaints about the rich people. WHY should they be responsible to FIX America's economy?
Telgin

Valley City, OH

#2 Jun 4, 2012
Kinda like when one of the old time bank robbers were asked why he robbed banks and he replied, "Cuz thats where the money is."
mike

Akron, OH

#3 Jun 4, 2012
Poor people are good at one thing - looking around to see what else they can get without working for it.
Walt

West Union, OH

#4 Jun 4, 2012
Telgin wrote:
Kinda like when one of the old time bank robbers were asked why he robbed banks and he replied, "Cuz thats where the money is."
DID you know that over 70% of America's millionaires are first generation?

Go to WORK, THAT'S, also where the money is...

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 5, 2012
The rich didn't get rich on their own and the current disiparity in pay between CEO's and workers is about 475:1.

These corporations are on our land, they use our phone lines and airwarves (and out Internet!) and they are kept operational by the middle/poor class so they should pay their fair share.

Income inequality is going to lead to the destruction of America and we see it all unraveling.
Walt

West Union, OH

#6 Jun 5, 2012
Progressive Ohioan wrote:
The rich didn't get rich on their own and the current disiparity in pay between CEO's and workers is about 475:1.
These corporations are on our land, they use our phone lines and airwarves (and out Internet!) and they are kept operational by the middle/poor class so they should pay their fair share.
Income inequality is going to lead to the destruction of America and we see it all unraveling.
FIRST GENERATION MILLIONAIRES,, they got rich on their own... First generation millionaires, they got rich on their own. I hope I wasn't unclear...

OUR LAND? OUR Internet? EVERYONE has EQUAL rights to make good decisions like getting educated to get good jobs & taking control of our OWN money & lives.

Rich pay their fair share???? The rich pay more per year than most make a year..(which BTW is OK)

Income INEQUALITY??? SO the rich should be penilized for being SUCCESSFUL????

REALLY???? REALLY?????
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#7 Jun 5, 2012
Yes they did. The workers were hired to do a task, nothing more. They put things together that the owner of the company designed and or created. He arranged for the loans, put up everything he had as collateral, put his family at risk financially, he is responsible for meeting all regulations, he is responsible for paying the taxes, utilities,paying the wages etc.(the list is long). Without him there would not be any business. His hours are 16 hours a day, seven days a week, on call 24/7.

The worker comes in performs the same repetitive task at 7, goes home at 3 and is responsible for nothing, created nothing, did not pay a single bill, did not expand the company, simply earned a wage to perform a task.

The utilities you speak of were created by an inventor/businessman.

They discovered how to utilize the energy source, how to transport it, what equipment would be needed to do it. Workers for those utilities were trained by those individuals and again only perform tasks.

Would you hire a person who works on an auto assembly line to repair your car? Because they work on an assembly line does not mean they know anything about cars let alone the part they are working on. They just put it here because that's where it's suppose to go and someone showed them that.

Using utilities. The UTILITIES ARE A BUSINESS owned primarily by stockholders, they sell to everyone but businesses pay twice the rate of residential customers. Don't pay your bill, they cut you off. IT'S A BUSINESS. What part in creating electricity, gas, oil, the internet, telephones, cell phones did you create or own?

I don't know what land you're talking about but the land I have I own it's not ours, it's MINE and I'll sell it to whomever I please. Businesses usually pay a premium price for land so I'd sell to them faster than I would an average person.
Tiara

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 9, 2012
mike wrote:
Poor people are good at one thing - looking around to see what else they can get without working for it.
that's why they stay poor, won't do for themselves.
anonymous

United States

#9 Jun 10, 2012
Conservative wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they did. The workers were hired to do a task, nothing more. They put things together that the owner of the company designed and or created. He arranged for the loans, put up everything he had as collateral, put his family at risk financially, he is responsible for meeting all regulations, he is responsible for paying the taxes, utilities,paying the wages etc.(the list is long). Without him there would not be any business. His hours are 16 hours a day, seven days a week, on call 24/7.
The worker comes in performs the same repetitive task at 7, goes home at 3 and is responsible for nothing, created nothing, did not pay a single bill, did not expand the company, simply earned a wage to perform a task.
The utilities you speak of were created by an inventor/businessman.
They discovered how to utilize the energy source, how to transport it, what equipment would be needed to do it. Workers for those utilities were trained by those individuals and again only perform tasks.
Would you hire a person who works on an auto assembly line to repair your car? Because they work on an assembly line does not mean they know anything about cars let alone the part they are working on. They just put it here because that's where it's suppose to go and someone showed them that.
Using utilities. The UTILITIES ARE A BUSINESS owned primarily by stockholders, they sell to everyone but businesses pay twice the rate of residential customers. Don't pay your bill, they cut you off. IT'S A BUSINESS. What part in creating electricity, gas, oil, the internet, telephones, cell phones did you create or own?
I don't know what land you're talking about but the land I have I own it's not ours, it's MINE and I'll sell it to whomever I please. Businesses usually pay a premium price for land so I'd sell to them faster than I would an average person.
Some people are poor because they are lazy, some however are poor due to unfortunate circumstances in their lives with which they had no control such as illness , accidents etc... You "smug free market capitalists which is another word for social darwanism are sickening. In other words workers should work themselves to death for a bunch of smug jackasses like Romney or Trump that earned their money the old fashion way by either being born in the "lucky Sperm" club or inheriting it.It is unreal how a lot of envious sheep admire worthless people that became rich by accident like the Kardashians, Oprah and their idiotic shows. Did they create anytyhing besides BS? which seems to be the chief product this country produces. What do you think started the French and Russian revolutions? it was the 99% getting screwed by the 1%. I would hate to see a repeat performance of these events in this country,
Nacho Vato

Kenton, OH

#10 Jun 10, 2012
What I find hilarious is how you dumb Occupy hipster morons scream about 1% this, and 1% that. But they never dare go and investigate the facts that their manufactured movement is a fraud within itself. Financed by 1% self-loathing hypocrites like the SEIU, Bill Ayers & Bernadine Dorhn, George Soros's MoveOn.org , and Tides foundation via adbusters magazine. Don't even get me started on the hypocrisies, and flat out right blasphemies to the "troll" movement called Anonymous.

The same people who also contribute to their liberal lord and savior Barack Hussein Obama Soetoro. And you want little old me the middle class guy to pay a Value Added or Robin Hood style taxation; while fakes like Warren Buffet will never be touched? Keep drinking the kool-aid!
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 10, 2012
Joseph Stiglitz's 1% Fallacy, and Why We Can't Trust 99% of Economists

http://www.realclearmarkets.com/articles/2011...
Conservative

Dayton, OH

#12 Jun 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Some people are poor because they are lazy, some however are poor due to unfortunate circumstances in their lives with which they had no control such as illness , accidents etc... You "smug free market capitalists which is another word for social darwanism are sickening. In other words workers should work themselves to death for a bunch of smug jackasses like Romney or Trump that earned their money the old fashion way by either being born in the "lucky Sperm" club or inheriting it.It is unreal how a lot of envious sheep admire worthless people that became rich by accident like the Kardashians, Oprah and their idiotic shows. Did they create anytyhing besides BS? which seems to be the chief product this country produces. What do you think started the French and Russian revolutions? it was the 99% getting screwed by the 1%. I would hate to see a repeat performance of these events in this country,
You know very well that there are exceptions such as mental disabilities but it's all you apparently have in as much as you brought it up.

Yes they should if the only abilities they have is to remain in the position they are in. No continuing education, no advanced skills, poor communication skills, poor work habits etc.

Your reliance on someone else is what is sickening. You rely on them for a job, you rely on them for raises, you just simply rely on them for everything. If they didn't exist what would you do?

I agree with your assertion about the Kardashians and Oprah but millions watch them and because of that they earn millions. Whether it's BS or developing a new cancer treatment, someone needs or wants it.

People made the creator of the pet rock an overnight millionaire just so they could name a rock Herbie or Rocky not thinking they could go outside and pick up the same thing for free.

The Russian Revolution was over oppression with absolutely no chance of improving ones self.

Here you can be anything you want and prepared to work for. You want to start a business, start one. You want to be a millionaire, be one but it's going to take a lot of work.

Being born into wealth or creating your own wealth is no guarantee and you certainly not guaranteed to keep it. Many millionaires go broke. Lottery winners who should be set for life are bankrupt in a few short years which goes to show that creating, growing and maintaining wealth takes work.
Walt

Frankfort, OH

#13 Jun 10, 2012
anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>Some people are poor because they are lazy, some however are poor due to unfortunate circumstances in their lives with which they had no control such as illness , accidents etc... You "smug free market capitalists which is another word for social darwanism are sickening. In other words workers should work themselves to death for a bunch of smug jackasses like Romney or Trump that earned their money the old fashion way by either being born in the "lucky Sperm" club or inheriting it.It is unreal how a lot of envious sheep admire worthless people that became rich by accident like the Kardashians, Oprah and their idiotic shows. Did they create anytyhing besides BS? which seems to be the chief product this country produces. What do you think started the French and Russian revolutions? it was the 99% getting screwed by the 1%. I would hate to see a repeat performance of these events in this country,
WHY didn't these people who are poor from (no control)illness or an accident have money saved for emergencies, to go along with their insurance?

Your MYTH of people inheriting millions is not true either. OVER 70% of millionaires are "first Generation".(they earned the money)

I don't like shows like Oprah, Kardahians etc.. BUT they can EARN a good living.! We have a CHOICE to watch these shows or not.

Not much of your rant has any relivance to the truth...

WHY does the POOR always attempt to "downgrade" anyone that is successful???

Being poor = a lifetime of making bad decisions...
OMG

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 11, 2012
You greedy rich are like Robin Hood only in reverse you rob from the poor and give to the rich. Because you got so greedy in taking away something that didn't belong to you in the first place.
Walt

United States

#15 Jun 11, 2012
OMG wrote:
You greedy rich are like Robin Hood only in reverse you rob from the poor and give to the rich. Because you got so greedy in taking away something that didn't belong to you in the first place.
ANOTHER jealous person that beLIEves MYTHS...

Since: Oct 11

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 11, 2012
Show me a great fortune and I'll show you a great crime ....
Wait what

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 11, 2012
The Kennedys. The great crime would be?
Walt

Frankfort, OH

#19 Jun 11, 2012
It's pitiful, that people's mind's are polluted with myths against the rich...

Envy & jealousy feed these people. If I can't have it, you're not supposed to have it!!!

I write a book and sell 1 copy to a neighbor for $12.. and no one cares.
Then I sell 4 million copies of that book and people are mad!

“Don't trust the internet!”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#20 Jun 11, 2012
Like it or not, we live on an interdependent planet. Those who have wealth in disproportion also tend to use resources disproportionately, have more decision-making options and with this comes a greater responsibility.

Because we as Americans tend to see ourselves as a classless society (all evidence to the contrary), we tend to believe that wealth accrues to those who are most deserving, those who work hardest and smartest. This overlooks that not all work is equally valued and not all work is paid commensurate with an absolute value system. As an example, for years women have labored in the home raising children, a task that many find very rewarding, but in financial terms completely non-existent. This work not only garners no paycheck, but also does not allow for the purchase of insurance, or savings for some ultimate misfortune. It is a position of trust, wholly dependent on the shared resources of a life partner.

But at the end of the day, despite illusions to the contrary, the wealthy cannot escape being in the same boat with all the rest of us. Those who fail to consider an obligation to support the conditions most likely to bring about a sound economy and movement towards equalization of opportunity, may find themselves going down on the same ship as the rest of us.
anonymous

United States

#21 Jun 11, 2012
Wait what wrote:
<quoted text>
The Kennedys. The great crime would be?
Bootlegging from the old man Joseph Kennedy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 25
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Pelotonia 17 49 min The Swinging Light 11
Dems in disarray- Well, yeah! 53 min Alternative Facts... 1,246
Republican Politicians have Courted Rascism FOR... 56 min Alternative Facts... 95
Vinegar Is Racist 2 hr d pants 7
wow. 50% of Marriages Fail in US 2 hr Reality Speaks 77
Why Ask about Obama? America has Only One Presi... 2 hr Reality Speaks 150
Finally, Donald Trump Ousted from KKKloset 3 hr Reality Speaks 85
Trump Will Win Again in 2020 4 hr Reality Speaks 84

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages