California socialite arrested with pot at airport | The Columbus Di...

Jun 16, 2010 Read more: Columbus Dispatch 355
Lisette Lee has told authorities she's flown to Columbus with lots of baggage four times. Read more
First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Anonymous

Jackson, TN

#360 Jun 17, 2010
Flyover Resident wrote:
To all you idiots who are on the legalize pot bandwagon, you have obviously never had to deal with a meth addict who just wanted to try it once since pot didn't hurt them and they didn't see the harm. Pot is a precurser to the use of more dangerous drugs and anyone who doubts that is in denial. Also, don't get your hopes up that CA or any other state will be successful in legalizing the drug as it is highly doubtful that will happen. As to the "medical pot" there are synthetic oral medications that are just as effective as smoking but for some reason you all seem to gloss over that fact because it doesn't advance your agenda. To those of you who do partake, keep it up! Cancer can't kill you quick enough!
Beer>pot!
Gary Bman

Annandale, VA

#361 Jun 18, 2010
hamburger pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
There used to be a prop plane that flew over Clintonville every morning like clockwork around 4:00 AM. Might have been the same people.
Flying over every mornig...from California?? Really??
Daily Customer

Columbus, OH

#362 Jun 18, 2010
Gary Bman wrote:
<quoted text>
Flying over every mornig...from California?? Really??
Sure. They made so much money they upgraded to a Lear. OP - You can't get back and forth from Cali every 24 hours with the average prop plane. Besides, it was probably Corporal Craig doing traffic reports anyway.
Daily Customer

Columbus, OH

#363 Jun 18, 2010
Lilian wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you board a commercial airline flying from New York to Florida knowing the pilot is HIGH on Marijuana? Would you feel safe flying with a pilot high as a rocket?
Nope. Would not get on the plane knowing he had been drinking either. So what the heck is your point? Time and a place for everything and if someone wants to catch a little buzz in the sanctity of their own home, it should not be illegal. the only reason the narco-terrorists are getting rich is because it is illegal, not because it's bad for you.
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#364 Jun 18, 2010
Cops kill grandmas dog over pot warrant.

http://blog.norml.org/2010/06/18/massachusett...
hahahaha

Columbus, OH

#365 Jun 19, 2010
I love the pattern that has been going on this whole thread:

1. 10 to 20 people argue rationally for the legalization of cannabis.

2. One crotchety old prohibitionist waves his fist and tells them all blindly to "get a job", or breaks out the "would you fly with a stoned pilot" hypothetical...

First, almost all of us have jobs. I work 40 hours a week and also smoke a little weed every night. I'm also working on my graduate degree. You only think that all pot smokers are losers because you asshats think that the only people who smoke it are long-haired hippies who wear tie-dyed shirts. In any large office there are a least a dozen semi-regular smokers... They just don't tell anyone because it would be a real shame to lose their job over something they do on their own time, in their own home, that hurts absolutely nobody.

Second, are you people ****ing serious? Legalizing cannabis does not mean we have to allow stoned people to fly planes (or drive buses, or perform surgery, etc.). Alcohol is legal and we don't let that type of thing occur - there are screening processes and common sense in place to prevent it.

You fools don't even believe these tired, empty arguments you keep re-hashing (no pun intended). You can't, if you think about it. Oh yeah, legalizing weed means that pilots are going to have the right to smoke in the cockpit... give me a break! I guess that's why KLM, or Royal Dutch Airways, planes crash every day and kill hundreds of people - because cannabis is legal in Holland. Oh wait they don't.

Nobody, even those who want legalization, really believe that cannabis is totally HARMLESS. But it is almost inarguable that cannabis per se is less socially harmful than the death and destruction that comes from its being illegal. It is EASIER for underage kids to buy pot than alcohol and cigarettes, for christ's sake! We can change that.
Founding Father

Dayton, OH

#366 Jun 19, 2010
Caustic_Commoner wrote:
Did she show the FBI her California Medical Marijuana ID?
No she pulled out her race card!
Sterling Silver

Grove City, OH

#367 Jun 21, 2010
hahahaha wrote:
I love the pattern that has been going on this whole thread:
1. 10 to 20 people argue rationally for the legalization of cannabis.
2. One crotchety old prohibitionist waves his fist and tells them all blindly to "get a job", or breaks out the "would you fly with a stoned pilot" hypothetical...
First, almost all of us have jobs. I work 40 hours a week and also smoke a little weed every night. I'm also working on my graduate degree. You only think that all pot smokers are losers because you asshats think that the only people who smoke it are long-haired hippies who wear tie-dyed shirts. In any large office there are a least a dozen semi-regular smokers... They just don't tell anyone because it would be a real shame to lose their job over something they do on their own time, in their own home, that hurts absolutely nobody.
Second, are you people ****ing serious? Legalizing cannabis does not mean we have to allow stoned people to fly planes (or drive buses, or perform surgery, etc.). Alcohol is legal and we don't let that type of thing occur - there are screening processes and common sense in place to prevent it.
You fools don't even believe these tired, empty arguments you keep re-hashing (no pun intended). You can't, if you think about it. Oh yeah, legalizing weed means that pilots are going to have the right to smoke in the cockpit... give me a break! I guess that's why KLM, or Royal Dutch Airways, planes crash every day and kill hundreds of people - because cannabis is legal in Holland. Oh wait they don't.
Nobody, even those who want legalization, really believe that cannabis is totally HARMLESS. But it is almost inarguable that cannabis per se is less socially harmful than the death and destruction that comes from its being illegal. It is EASIER for underage kids to buy pot than alcohol and cigarettes, for christ's sake! We can change that.
I tried pot twice over 30 years ago. Made me ill both times. But the reason I disagree with users of pot and street drugs is you have NO quality control. If I drink a Bud and get sick, there's someone I can sue. If Larry the pusher sells me pot or other stuff and I get sick, if I try to get recoures, he'll either laugh at me or swiss cheese me. Either way I'm out of luck. Just sayin'....
Legalize Cannabis

United States

#368 Jun 21, 2010
Sterling Silver wrote:
<quoted text>
I tried pot twice over 30 years ago. Made me ill both times. But the reason I disagree with users of pot and street drugs is you have NO quality control. If I drink a Bud and get sick, there's someone I can sue. If Larry the pusher sells me pot or other stuff and I get sick, if I try to get recoures, he'll either laugh at me or swiss cheese me. Either way I'm out of luck. Just sayin'....
Well gee whiz, Homer, do ya think prohibition just might have something to do with the fact that pot isn't regulated?
Founding Father

Dayton, OH

#369 Jun 22, 2010
Probabtion is a joke of a sentence.

Lets send all thene people to Afghanastan to fight for our nations. Once they spill some blood for the red white and blue then maybe, just maybe we will consider allowing them to walk the streets freely.
Hugh Heffner

Newark, OH

#370 Jun 23, 2010
I'll put up her bail!
suprised

Elizabethtown, PA

#371 Jul 24, 2010
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Beer>pot!
First of all you can take synthetic drugs good luck with that and the drug you mentioned has 1 of 400 of the available chemicals of cannabis. alittle knowledge is dangerous. Cancer and cannabis yes this wonderful plant has great effects on 9 known cancers. Please investigate and you will see. I am the president of a collective in Ca. My products help patients with Parkinsons, MS, and many other maladies. I guess they should all take vicodin. Great idea.
a human doing

Missoula, MT

#372 Aug 7, 2010
...ehh....

I just smoked (vaporized) Pot at Gate 14C at SeataC int'l in Seattle - filmed my plant on a plant - and showed an ounce to the cop...

prohibition is over...

youtube.com/user/cannabiscare
mccoogs

Round Rock, TX

#373 Sep 22, 2010
Lilian wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you board a commercial airline flying from New York to Florida knowing the pilot is HIGH on Marijuana? Would you feel safe flying with a pilot high as a rocket?
noone said to drink and fly a plane. No one said to take any pills either but they are legal in this country, dummy.
Sherri

Alexandria, VA

#374 Jul 8, 2013
You are an id iot
Bertsmistake wrote:
Too bad she got busted. Weed should be legal everywhere period. If anything should be prohibited it should be alcohol.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hillary for President (Apr '14) 43 min They cannot kill ... 176
News Columbus Man Charged With Aiding ISIS 54 min dpx55 11
Hooters Columbus locations closing due to defla... 1 hr Linda 158
Columbus man on a deadly mission, caught 1 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 103
Do Atheist Firemen go to Hell or Heaven? 3 hr Confused 82
Why Republicans Should Fear ‘Ready for Hillary’! 5 hr Seriouslady 31
Statistics of Wars Throughout History 5 hr Kenny 2
Critics of Islam were right 5 hr Ecossais 29
Obama Admits Communist Davis “Schooled” Him 6 hr Pam 71
More from around the web