Weather alert: Storms, high winds targeting Columbus area

Nov 17, 2013 Full story: The Columbus Dispatch 15

A powerful cold front is forecast to sweep through Ohio late this afternoon and into the evening, ushering in storms and high winds.

Full Story

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#1 Nov 17, 2013
Must not be good because one of my German Shepherd Dogs is shaking and appears to be hyperventilating. She is usually accurate with her behavior and impending weather. Poor baby. I just took her down the basement and she is not breathing quite as rapidly.

“PLANET EARTH”

Since: Apr 10

Location hidden

#2 Nov 17, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
Must not be good because one of my German Shepherd Dogs is shaking and appears to be hyperventilating. She is usually accurate with her behavior and impending weather. Poor baby. I just took her down the basement and she is not breathing quite as rapidly.
Poor baby!
Give treats and play soothing music.

Bad here to, Zoe. Windy

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#3 Nov 17, 2013
^^too^^^

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#4 Nov 17, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Poor baby!
Give treats and play soothing music.
Bad here to, Zoe. Windy
She won't take treats when she is like this but soothing music helps if it is loud enough. She is focused on only one thing, the weather. The vet said that some dogs are sensitive to barometric changes and I know she is one of them. Something to do with the pressure changes and their ears. I hope it is not painful for her!

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#5 Nov 17, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
She won't take treats when she is like this but soothing music helps if it is loud enough. She is focused on only one thing, the weather. The vet said that some dogs are sensitive to barometric changes and I know she is one of them. Something to do with the pressure changes and their ears. I hope it is not painful for her!
Aww! Don't you have another pooch?
My kitty is unaffected by the weather unless there's lightening and thunder....her eyes widen and she get jumpy.
I just had broken limbs taken off from five trees from the ice storm and now I have so many branches on the ground again. Oy!

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#6 Nov 17, 2013
And there go the tornado sirens...for nothing. The "storm"is just nicking the edge of Franklin County at the Fairfield County line...25 miles away.

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#7 Nov 17, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
And there go the tornado sirens...for nothing. The "storm"is just nicking the edge of Franklin County at the Fairfield County line...25 miles away.
Wow, you heard them....25miles away?
I didn't think the sound would carry so far.
One good thing, the wind blew most of the leaves out of my yard. YES!
Lol

“Seven Days In May”

Since: Oct 13

Hilliard, OH

#8 Nov 17, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, you heard them....25miles away?
I didn't think the sound would carry so far.
One good thing, the wind blew most of the leaves out of my yard. YES!
Lol
No, the sirens go off all over the entire county even when the "storm" is in a part of the county 25 miles away. There are something like 200 sirens over the 543 square miles of this county. So the siren half a mile from my house was wailing due to a "threat" 25 miles away, but still technically in our county.

“Paper Or Plastic?”

Since: Nov 11

Albakoikee

#9 Nov 17, 2013
When its storming heavily, my cat usually sits on the microwave and looks out the window. lmao

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#10 Nov 17, 2013
BizzyBee wrote:
<quoted text>
Aww! Don't you have another pooch?
My kitty is unaffected by the weather unless there's lightening and thunder....her eyes widen and she get jumpy.
I just had broken limbs taken off from five trees from the ice storm and now I have so many branches on the ground again. Oy!
Yes, the others are unaffected by the weather. Just my dog with the built in barometer. We did have some high winds but my son and daughter-in-law, six miles up the road, did have damage. Their area sustained damage to roofs, trees down, barns partially gone, etc.

“PLANET EARTH”

Location hidden

#11 Nov 17, 2013
Trayvonius Martinez wrote:
<quoted text>No, the sirens go off all over the entire county even when the "storm" is in a part of the county 25 miles away. There are something like 200 sirens over the 543 square miles of this county. So the siren half a mile from my house was wailing due to a "threat" 25 miles away, but still technically in our county.
Oh, lol
Some very high winds went through here and I heard a big thump on my roof....I'm afraid to look....
I have never heard sirens here. Hmmmmm. You would think there would be a warning...
I keep the NOAA channel on and or on line.
Walt

United States

#12 Nov 17, 2013
Wind blew the hubcaps off some homes south of Columbus...

“Zuzu's Petals”

Bedford Falls

#13 Nov 17, 2013
Walt wrote:
No, the wind actually relocated them to another mobile home park!
West Side Pride

Columbus, OH

#14 Nov 17, 2013
Walt wrote:
The wind is blowing hard on the West Side, hard times just never seem to end.
They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#15 Nov 17, 2013
There is no way a tornado of any size could hit Columbus, hell doesn't blow away.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr d pantz 3,966
Snapchat 3 hr roughsex999 3
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 7 hr They cannot kill ... 113
Columbus police officer to resign after pleadin... 8 hr Zoe Regen 3
Where has Rowdy been 8 hr Zoe Regen 2
Chevrolet Malibu Owners: Problems & Solutions (Jun '06) 10 hr Big Johnson 2,725
President Ebola 13 hr Black Rhino 695
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs