UNINSURED? Get ready to pay your FINES!

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Alec Baldwin

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 6, 2014
Quote:

The individual mandate tax will grow each year until 2016, when it will be indexed to inflation. In 2014, any of the uninsured who failed to win an exemption from the Obama administration will be charged either $95 or one percent of their taxable income whichever is greater. That tax will rise to $695 or 2.5 percent of taxable income.

Over the next ten years, CBO and JCT estimate that the federal government will make $46 billion off the Obamacare payments an estimated $4 billion in 2016 and another $5 billion each year through 2024.

The report found that two-thirds of those paying the individual mandate will be households with income below 400 percent of the federal poverty line, or slightly more than 2.6 million people. The remaining third paying the penalty, with income above 400 percent of the poverty line, will pay for about three-fifths of the total penalty payments.

-Dailycaller

*+* the first sentence of last paragraph has blown me away
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#2 Jun 6, 2014
Can't get blood from a turnip so you'll pay it for them.
taste truth

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 6, 2014
stop calling it a fine, it's a tax.
just saying

Reynoldsburg, OH

#4 Jun 6, 2014
Rush calls it a fine so Rush minion AB has to call it a fine.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#5 Jun 6, 2014
Alec Baldwin wrote:
Quote:
The individual mandate tax will grow each year until 2016, when it will be indexed to inflation. I
Maybe then the government will report the REAL inflation numbers.

“Ludibrium est onus genio”

Since: Dec 11

Planet Earth

#6 Jun 6, 2014
taste truth wrote:
It's a penalty for not doing something, so it's a fine.
proud liberal

Rock Hill, SC

#7 Jun 6, 2014
I bet that con dumb GlitterSucks was one of those refusing to pay health insurance. Darwin proven right once again.
sidekick

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 6, 2014
taste truth wrote:
Stop thinking it is insurance, it's a scam.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#9 Jun 7, 2014
Alec Baldwin wrote:
Quote:
The individual mandate tax will grow each year until 2016, when it will be indexed to inflation. In 2014, any of the uninsured who failed to win an exemption from the Obama administration will be charged either $95 or one percent of their taxable income whichever is greater. That tax will rise to $695 or 2.5 percent of taxable income.
Over the next ten years, CBO and JCT estimate that the federal government will make $46 billion off the Obamacare payments an estimated $4 billion in 2016 and another $5 billion each year through 2024.
The report found that two-thirds of those paying the individual mandate will be households with income below 400 percent of the federal poverty line, or slightly more than 2.6 million people. The remaining third paying the penalty, with income above 400 percent of the poverty line, will pay for about three-fifths of the total penalty payments.
-Dailycaller
*+* the first sentence of last paragraph has blown me away
The entire law blows me away. This did nothing to address affordable healthcare and the results prove. This is nothing but govt control and a tax, what the libs do best. I can only pray that a future administrations and Congress can fix this Oblamo rotten egg.

That has become the hope and change America desires.
Neutral Party

Prospect, KY

#10 Jun 7, 2014
Expect as the tax grows the libs to call for it to end.

Reality is that even you get a subsidy you cannot afford it. You still have to put food the table and heat your house and we all know that isn't getting cheaper. So the emergency room will still be used as a primary care by both the Medicaid and the uninsured and we'll continue to pay for it with higher premiums and taxes as care is reduced.

Remember we still don't know how many policies were issued or the total amount of subsidy. They still haven't figured out a way to verify income for the subsidy.

A f uckin joke!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey pale rider 22 min -The-Artist- 35
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 31 min PASStyme2retireUR... 31,129
Enterovirus D68, Obama and Illegal Immigrants? 49 min Really 5
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 52 min Really 3,346
Trees nut fruit shade and timber 4 hr They cannot kill ... 1
Pet and animal reports 4 hr They cannot kill ... 37
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 5 hr JBS 2,435
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
•••
•••