Logan County judge paying for open-re...

Logan County judge paying for open-records violation | The Colu...

There are 15 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 25, 2009, titled Logan County judge paying for open-records violation | The Colu.... In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Logan County judge must dip into his court's budget to pay thousands of dollars in attorney fees to a woman who appealed his decision to restrict access to court records.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Hoopla

Marysville, OH

#1 Jan 29, 2010
The judge is to uphold the citizens best interest. Is he a power by himself or paid by and work for tax payers? Yet can't abide by the laws voted on through our representatives. If you can't abide inside the law then get in the unemployment line. It would cost us less tax dollars! Free councel? If your changed with a crime you may get indegent half hearted councel, Lose and pay the fees when released! Time to vote in a Conservative Judge with some up to date law books maybe? This is 2010 if anyone is unsure, Also the revised code changes yearly. How many courses in follow up law has he attended? Citizens should ask these questions. Small counties make thier own rules until big law steps in and corrects thier Ingnorance in the interpretation of the ohio revised code or blaintant Disregard/Lack of Study. I promise if he was given a test on random Ohio Revised Code laws he would fair sadly. A judge that can't represent himsef? He has to hire someone who knows the laws, Still loses! Lol How many people who pay taxes has stood before him & made to feel like trash when your taxes pay his salary??? Now that it's turned on him, The law is interpreted wrong by a higher court, He's more Educated than them? They are a higher court for a reason. If he knew the laws that well, He would be in a higher court with a bigger salary. He's comfortable where he's at because noone has checked him til now! If you don't know laws, I certainly don't want you deciding people fates daily in my county! That's not Just. After all, This is about JUSTice (Where the word is derived from)!
freedom

Big Prairie, OH

#2 Jan 29, 2010
You just don't get it..NO PUBLIC OFFICIAL'S ARE HELD ACCOUNTABLE IN THIS COUNTY>...

Since: Jan 10

Cookeville, TN

#3 Jan 29, 2010
Or this country for the most part!
The Flip Side

Morristown, TN

#4 Jan 29, 2010
This isn't news - we've known about this for many months now. This is unfortunately common behavior among judges in rural counties who believe they are the law. This is why we have appellate courts. There's nothing to see here... move on...
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#5 Jan 30, 2010
The Flip Side wrote:
This isn't news - we've known about this for many months now. This is unfortunately common behavior among judges in rural counties who believe they are the law. This is why we have appellate courts. There's nothing to see here... move on...
And appeals courts actually side against their own? Appeals courts are usually in the same general geograpical areas anyway, that all hope to uphold small town cliques. Now if the appeals were sent to one of the 3-6 major cities so rural counties and towns couldnt make their own little countries then it might have some value. Furthermore rural areas like to play big especially against people who arent from their area and "local" appeals courts do little about it because all their voters are in the same area.
You Go Rosanna

United States

#6 Jan 30, 2010
You go Rosanna - You need to realize your parents would be proud of you. One if she were not "murdered by Matricide" and the other if not of "unsound mind and memory". They would surely say "good and faithful daughter".

It will be interesting to see what this evil wicked Judge is charged that "the people" have to pay. They did have a choice at the polls last time.

http://www.supremecourt.ohio.gov/Clerk/ecms/r ...
The Flip Side

Morristown, TN

#7 Jan 30, 2010
Alchemy, perhaps you missed the news on this - it was in fact the appellate courts, and the Ohio Supreme Court, who overruled the local judge in this case. They did their job, as they usually do... Like I said, this is old news. If the GOB network extended all the way up the food chain, they wouldn't have slapped Brady's hands on this. It's unfortunate people continue to vote for the same slate here, but in the end, the system did its job the way its supposed to.
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#8 Jan 31, 2010
The Flip Side wrote:
Alchemy, perhaps you missed the news on this - it was in fact the appellate courts, and the Ohio Supreme Court, who overruled the local judge in this case. They did their job, as they usually do... Like I said, this is old news. If the GOB network extended all the way up the food chain, they wouldn't have slapped Brady's hands on this. It's unfortunate people continue to vote for the same slate here, but in the end, the system did its job the way its supposed to.
I have to disagree about the system doing its job and Ill spare you the thousands of pages Ive written on that but will not neglect one small basis for that. The system must have over probably 90 or 95% conviction rate and in this it would be more of an "agreement with self" rate. No matter what else changes or what props that rate up the rate itself must stay consistent. Liars use truth for the lie and frauds use truths. I have said that "I would challenge every county judge in the state of ohio that they never once concluded truth in their courtrom." Regarding appeals courts and supreme court I would not hesitate to do the same and Im not even talking about "philosophical" truth or a trivial concept, Im talking about real truth.
the ghost of you

Mansfield, OH

#9 Jan 31, 2010

Alchemy...clean up your comprehension, English and writing skills. Nobody
said the Justice system was perfect. You sound like the mob mentality, so
remember this: Mob law does not become Due Process Of Law by securing the
consent of a terrorized jury. Justice Holmes.
__________
alchemy

Mansfield, OH

#10 Jan 31, 2010
the ghost of you wrote:
Alchemy...clean up your comprehension, English and writing skills. Nobody
said the Justice system was perfect. You sound like the mob mentality, so
remember this: Mob law does not become Due Process Of Law by securing the
consent of a terrorized jury. Justice Holmes.
__________
What I will remember from that is how deep of a cult and religion the justice system really is. Not perfect? Its DESIGNED to be a monopoly through gibberish such as that you just used. I dont give a dam what holmes says or what any of your books of law philosophy say. I have a websters dictionary, a bible, and my own eyes to see. If you know something you know it and if you dont you dont. To say you do makes you a liar no matter what justification, how many years of law school, or "great men" you put behind it.
Ive said before, 8 years of law school is generally to learn to change the dictionary so that a lie is the truth in their minds and to gain so much faith that no reality can enter.
Law is not a profession and those who would make it so are deceivers.
the ghost of you

Mansfield, OH

#11 Jan 31, 2010
HEY Flip side...give it up! Just looked up Alchemy in the dictionary. 1.
The chemistry of the Middle Ages, concerned primarily with the
transmutation of base metals into gold. 2. Any power or process of
transmutation. Another nut case that even the squirrels don't want! Maybe
he's a weird scientist from the Middle Ages! Look up transmutation: 1.
The act of transmuting, or the state of being transmitted. Yeah right,
Alchemy: BEAM US UP SCOTTY!

__________
jenny craig

Asheville, NC

#12 Jan 31, 2010
the ghost of you wrote:
HEY Flip side...give it up! Just looked up Alchemy in the dictionary. 1.
The chemistry of the Middle Ages, concerned primarily with the
transmutation of base metals into gold. 2. Any power or process of
transmutation. Another nut case that even the squirrels don't want! Maybe
he's a weird scientist from the Middle Ages! Look up transmutation: 1.
The act of transmuting, or the state of being transmitted. Yeah right,
Alchemy: BEAM US UP SCOTTY!
__________
"Rosie the riveting"
I get you

United States

#13 Feb 1, 2010
alchemy wrote:
<quoted text>
And appeals courts actually side against their own? Appeals courts are usually in the same general geograpical areas anyway, that all hope to uphold small town cliques. Now if the appeals were sent to one of the 3-6 major cities so rural counties and towns couldnt make their own little countries then it might have some value. Furthermore rural areas like to play big especially against people who arent from their area and "local" appeals courts do little about it because all their voters are in the same area.
This is one of the best things ever written. I read between the lines and understand what you are saying. When something is so cut and dry as to what is going on you simply can not rule against it. Should be simple for the disciplinary board.
I get you

United States

#14 Feb 1, 2010
I meant to add that I heard a peacher say recently there is always some percentage to the truth in lies.

For example.... a NON working clock can be right twice a day......

How many seconds out of the day does that add up they were right?
cover up proves the facts

Ray, OH

#15 Aug 24, 2013
To The same law firm that defended Brady and commissioners in the Green family lawsuit, Mayor Brannon, Chief Kunze and Standley, Heaton, Goslee, Sebring, Brady, Traul, Tony Core, Beck, Bader, Walters and Fansler, Pierson, Fulmer, Stoltzfus,(did I forget anybody? SORRY)

You can smell the flesh burning of those who cover up murder, abuse of the elderly all to steal their estate.

Where are the people who should be screaming for justice?

Perhaps in front of their TV's?????

You did a good job. But it only lasts for today....

Is now a good time to tell the people of Logan County Brady has NEVER been a legally seated judge for FOUR terms???????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Democracy is stronger than Bannon thought... ... 2 min BIzzyBee 1
News Revenue fell at Columbus' Hollywood casino in May (Jun '13) 1 hr Jimmy 16
News Kodak Black Found Guilty 1 hr Big Johnson 1
News Columbus zoo polar bear Nanuq dies 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Now we know who is paying for the wall. 1 hr A Fact 18
News Police identify man fatally shot by Columbus po... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
News Columbus' new Made in Cbus Trail celebrates loc... 1 hr Big Johnson 1
Trump Compared to Last Five Presidents 😝 1 hr Rut Roh 35

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages