Tawana Brawley served with court order to pay up

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 91 Comments Last updated Feb 5, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#1 Jan 31, 2013
Infamous hoaxster Tawana Brawley — whose outrageous rape lie 25 years ago inflamed racial tensions nationwide — yesterday was finally slapped with a court order to settle a hefty defamation case against her.

“For at least 25 years, she has been living a major lie,” said former Dutchess County prosecutor Steven Pagones, who was falsely accused of raping Brawley in 1987 and finally tracked her down, thanks to The Post.

“To me, this has always been about responsibility and accountability,’’ added the former ADA, who won the $190,000 defamation lawsuit against Brawley, 40, now a nurse in Virginia, more than a decade ago.

At 9 percent interest, that debt, which Brawley never attempted to pay off, now totals $431,492, according to the wage-garnishment papers filed in Virginia’s Surry County Court.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/time_to...

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#2 Jan 31, 2013
Paging Al Sharpton...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#3 Jan 31, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
Paging Al Sharpton...
Don't expect Big Al to share his personal profits from promoting that lie...or any of the other lies from which he and his cronies profit.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#4 Jan 31, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't expect Big Al to share his personal profits from promoting that lie...or any of the other lies from which he and his cronies profit.
I expect absolutely no comment from Big Al on this.
Get a Life George

Columbus, OH

#6 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>I expect absolutely no comment from Big Al on this.
This is George being himself....

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#7 Feb 2, 2013
Get a Life George wrote:
<quoted text>
This is George being himself....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =FnjOuZQ0z90XX
What's the matter, cupcake? Mad that one of your idols has to actually pay for her crimes? She should have been in prison all these years.
Get a Life George

Columbus, OH

#8 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>What's the matter, cupcake? Mad that one of your idols has to actually pay for her crimes? She should have been in prison all these years.
Cupcake, her crimes? who are you talking about Mr. Demental?

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#9 Feb 2, 2013
Get a Life George wrote:
<quoted text>
Cupcake, her crimes? who are you talking about Mr. Demental?
You're saying that Brawley never committed a crime? Why do you think she's been hunted down by the authorities and ordered to pay up?
George Needs A Life

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You're saying that Brawley never committed a crime? Why do you think she's been hunted down by the authorities and ordered to pay up?
Where are the facts? You're just running your mouth based upon nothing more than your opinion as always.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#11 Feb 2, 2013
George Needs A Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the facts? You're just running your mouth based upon nothing more than your opinion as always.
Are you brain dead?

After 15 years of changing names, jobs, addresses and even her Social Security number, Tawana Brawley couldn't escape her past, getting served this week with a court order to pay restitution to the man she falsely accused of raping her in 1987.

Brawley never paid the $190,000 she owed Pagones after a defamation suit. With interest, Brawley, 40, owes Pagones more than $430,000.

Tawana Brawley may be able to avoid paying the settlement from the defamation suit if she publicly apologizes to Pagones, who has said it's "not about the money." His accuser, however, has resisted calls for an apology in the past.
http://newyork.newsday.com/hudson/tawana-braw...

"...a grand jury found Brawley’s accusations without any merit. She likely fabricated the story because she feared her stepfather’s wrath for staying out late, according to the grand-jury evidence.

“This has been on my mind every time Sharpton has been in the news,” Pagones said of the case.

“I am reminded of the damage Tawana Brawley, Sharpton, Mason and Maddox caused. It’s something I live with all the time.”

In 1997, Pagones won a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton, Brawley and her lawyers.

Maddox was found liable for $97,000, Mason for $188,000, and Sharpton was ordered to pony up $66,000, money that was coughed up by O.J. Simpson lawyer Johnnie Cochran and others."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/time_to...
Get a Life George

Columbus, OH

#12 Feb 2, 2013
George Needs A Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Where are the facts? You're just running your mouth based upon nothing more than your opinion as always.
I agree 100% with you. Why would that Dummy "Hugh Victor the Less" even think to start a forum about her? It has NOTHING to do with him. LOL He is the King of all the Trolls on here.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#13 Feb 2, 2013
Get a Life George wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree 100% with you. Why would that Dummy "Hugh Victor the Less" even think to start a forum about her? It has NOTHING to do with him. LOL He is the King of all the Trolls on here.
You don't know the difference between a forum and a thread, do you, LIG? Wassamatta? Is Tawana one of your lesbian fantasies?
Paul Suitor

Columbus, OH

#14 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>You don't know the difference between a forum and a thread, do you, LIG? Wassamatta? Is Tawana one of your lesbian fantasies?
LIG? You think everyone not registered is your gf LIG. I wish she would get back on here & put you in your place. I heard her name was retired last year & you still talk like she's still here & on your mind.
George Needs A Life

Columbus, OH

#15 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>Are you brain dead?
After 15 years of changing names, jobs, addresses and even her Social Security number, Tawana Brawley couldn't escape her past, getting served this week with a court order to pay restitution to the man she falsely accused of raping her in 1987.
Brawley never paid the $190,000 she owed Pagones after a defamation suit. With interest, Brawley, 40, owes Pagones more than $430,000.
Tawana Brawley may be able to avoid paying the settlement from the defamation suit if she publicly apologizes to Pagones, who has said it's "not about the money." His accuser, however, has resisted calls for an apology in the past.
http://newyork.newsday.com/hudson/tawana-braw...
"...a grand jury found Brawley’s accusations without any merit. She likely fabricated the story because she feared her stepfather’s wrath for staying out late, according to the grand-jury evidence.
“This has been on my mind every time Sharpton has been in the news,” Pagones said of the case.
“I am reminded of the damage Tawana Brawley, Sharpton, Mason and Maddox caused. It’s something I live with all the time.”
In 1997, Pagones won a defamation lawsuit against Sharpton, Brawley and her lawyers.
Maddox was found liable for $97,000, Mason for $188,000, and Sharpton was ordered to pony up $66,000, money that was coughed up by O.J. Simpson lawyer Johnnie Cochran and others."
http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/time_to...
Observe how easily I manipulated you into wasting your time composing your response. Precious time that you can never reclaim as your life slowly counts down to the ultimate finality of zero. You possess the inferior intellect among all who populate this forum.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#16 Feb 2, 2013
Paul Suitor wrote:
<quoted text>
LIG? You think everyone not registered is your gf LIG. I wish she would get back on here & put you in your place. I heard her name was retired last year & you still talk like she's still here & on your mind.
You can't "retire" your name, LiG.
And, sad to say, but it'll never work between you and Tawana.
She prefers Popeye's to "Rasin'" Canes.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#17 Feb 2, 2013
Paul Suitor wrote:
<quoted text>
LIG? You think everyone not registered is your gf LIG. I wish she would get back on here & put you in your place. I heard her name was retired last year & you still talk like she's still here & on your mind.
Sure thing, LIG.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#18 Feb 2, 2013
George Needs A Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Observe how easily I manipulated you into wasting your time composing your response. Precious time that you can never reclaim as your life slowly counts down to the ultimate finality of zero. You possess the inferior intellect among all who populate this forum.
Thirty seconds of posting...oh, the humanity...
Aren't you populating this forum, troll?
George Needs A Life

Columbus, OH

#19 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text> Aren't you populating this forum, troll?
Yes and that makes your intellect even that much more inferior.
George Needs A Life

Columbus, OH

#20 Feb 2, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text> Thirty seconds of posting...oh, the humanity...
The fact that you are the king of cut & paste works to your benefit but nevertheless 30 seconds here... 30 seconds there... it quickly adds up considering the amount of time you waste arguing with complete strangers to prove a point that matters to nobody but you. Your ego is your worst enemy.

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#21 Feb 2, 2013
George Needs A Life wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes and that makes your intellect even that much more inferior.
There's nothing lower on Topix, intellectually or otherwise, than a name-changing troll like you. Have you ever, just once, posted something of substance?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
RIP Joan Rivers 2 hr E-Bob 21
WHEN did Obama tell the truth? 5 hr Allison 2
Was Bergdahl Planned ALL ALONG?? 5 hr Allison 18
Almighty God OR rabid allah??? 5 hr Allison 24
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr Anonymous of Indy 30,543
Why do racists hate Obama so much ? 6 hr Free Pizza 4 U 20
ted cruz 2016 (Oct '13) 6 hr Free Pizza 4 U 37
Where are all the original legacy posters? 8 hr They cannot kill ... 116
•••
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Columbus News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Columbus
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••