ObamaCare Fail: Downside of EMR

ObamaCare Fail: Downside of EMR

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#1 Oct 23, 2012
THE DOWNSIDE OF ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS: Interesting op-ed by internist Dr. Anne Marie Valinoti in the Wall Street Journal today, in which she asserts:

At first I thought EMR sounded like a good idea. Then our practice started using one.

Tasks that once took seconds to perform on paper now require multistepped points and clicks through a maze of menus. Checking patients into the office is an odyssey involving scanners and the collection of demographic data—their race, their preferred language, and so much more—required by Medicare to prove that we are achieving “meaningful use” of our EMR. What “meaningful use” means no one knows for sure, but our manual on how to achieve it is 150 pages long.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#2 Oct 23, 2012
Spookstillhere f trolls

Taylor, MI

#3 Oct 23, 2012
Enzyte Bob wrote:
THE DOWNSIDE OF ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS: Interesting op-ed by internist Dr. Anne Marie Valinoti in the Wall Street Journal today, in which she asserts:
At first I thought EMR sounded like a good idea. Then our practice started using one.
Tasks that once took seconds to perform on paper now require multistepped points and clicks through a maze of menus. Checking patients into the office is an odyssey involving scanners and the collection of demographic data—their race, their preferred language, and so much more—required by Medicare to prove that we are achieving “meaningful use” of our EMR. What “meaningful use” means no one knows for sure, but our manual on how to achieve it is 150 pages long.
The Osama administration wants to make sure the sp^cs and skinnys get top rate care and whitey pays the bills.
Enzyte Bob

Blacklick, OH

#4 Oct 23, 2012
Spookstillhere f trolls wrote:
<quoted text>
The Osama administration wants to make sure the sp^cs and skinnys get top rate care and whitey pays the bills.
These guys remind me of how great the computer was supposed to be and how we were supposed to go to a paperless office. If you look at any contract or lease from about 40 years ago, when people used to have to type it by hand, it was 12 pages, max. Now with word processing, it isn't uncommon to have to wade through a 40 page commercial lease.

The same thing is going on with EMR. Instead of jotting down a couple of notes on a chart, the doctor has to enter a gazillion things into the computer. My doctor's office was backed up all summer dealing with this garbage.

Again, this shows why you don't put people who have never done anything in real life in charge of stuff!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Startup EmpowerBus rolls for greater social mob... 5 min hey now 1
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 8 min Pickle Rick 1,375
News Akron school superintendent seeks top job in Co... 8 min They cannot kill ... 1
I love UBER's tough anti-crime policy 15 min They cannot kill ... 2
News Gas prices at 6-month low 17 min 404 not found 3
President's Day news: James Buchanan moves up 19 min Watermelon 5
How do you dispose of your worn out Ohio flags? 1 hr Palewuss 4
Trump wants to replace food stamps with BEANS &... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 60

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages