Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah sort out Muslim Wars?

Created by Pamela on Jun 15, 2013

47 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes let Allah sort it out

No Europeans must fight Muslim wars

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#181 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what some American Zionist pfhagh-hot priest has to say. I'll take the word of Pope Francis, who grew up in a place where he wasn't immersed with Zionist propaganda.
When Pope Francis endorses Sharia law -- as you already pretend he has -- the Catholic Church will be dead.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#182 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity came about as a result of Christ's death and resurrection.
The End.
It is not the Aesop's fable you pretend it to be.
Hahahahaha.

Then why is Christianity generally limited to the remnants of the old Roman Empire and it's frontier territories to the West? It's because Constantine set in motion the wheels of government and it became the state religion.

And even in the West, the parts that were only nominally Roman are those who created their own Protestant bastardization 400 years ago.

If it were truly the universal word of God, doesn't God have the power to make it spread to the East and the South? Or does God only rely on ex-Roman Eurotrash as his messengers?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#183 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
When Pope Francis endorses Sharia law -- as you already pretend he has -- the Catholic Church will be dead.
Pope Francis is smart enough to know that the underlying concepts are very, very similar. You people focus on burkas and other stupidities and seem to miss that very salient point.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#184 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care what some American Zionist pfhagh-hot priest has to say. I'll take the word of Pope Francis, who grew up in a place where he wasn't immersed with Zionist propaganda.
Sounds good, why don't you go there, permanently?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#185 Jun 18, 2013
Pope Francis calls for 'respect' for all religions

Pope Francis has called for "friendship and respect" among all faiths at a meeting with representatives of major world religions in the Vatican.

By Agence France-Presse in Vatican City, edited by Sarah Titterton
2:00PM GMT 20 Mar 2013

The Roman Catholic Church would "promote friendship and respect between men and women of different religions," the pope said, a day after his formal inauguration in St Peter's Square.

"We can do a lot for the good of people who are poor, who are weak, who suffer... and to promote reconciliation and peace," Francis told them.

Representatives of Orthodox Christianity, Judaism and Islam were among those present at the meeting.

Latin America's first pontiff said they should be united against "one of the most dangerous pitfalls of our time - reducing human beings to what they produce and what they consume."

The Argentinian pope also said he felt "close" to those people who "do not recognise themselves in any faith but are in a search for truth, for goodness and for beauty, which is God."

Turning again to religious community leaders, he said: "I very much appreciate your presence and I see in it a sign of mutual respect and of cooperation for the common good of humanity."

Francis also assured Christians from other denominations of his "firm will to continue with the path of oecumenical dialogue".

He also told Jewish leaders he wanted to continue "a fraternal dialogue" that began with the reformist Second Vatican Council of the 1960s.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#186 Jun 18, 2013

Location hidden

#187 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Pope Francis is smart enough to know that the underlying concepts are very, very similar. You people focus on burkas and other stupidities and seem to miss that very salient point.
Document his endorsement of Islam.
And the Church's agreement with your previous BS post.

Oh, wait...that's like asking Reader to prove Zimmerman guilty of murder in the second degree.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#188 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I insult those who defend the death cult known as Islam, because Islamists would deprive every American of constitutionally guaranteed freedoms.
I exchange insults with you because it appears to be your preferred modus operandi. Simply peruse any thread for evidence.
I have never attempted to impose my beliefs on anyone.
That false accusation is merely a leftist tool for quashing free speech that does not align with leftist ideology.
God proves His existence to the world daily.
You simply refuse to acknowledge that there are extremists who have misused the authority of every single religious creed on earth in order to subjugate others, including Christianity and Islam.

There's a reason why you insult Muslims as being "members of a death cult" when the vast majority are nothing of the sort.

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#189 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Document his endorsement of Islam.
And the Church's agreement with your previous BS post.
Oh, wait...that's like asking Reader to prove Zimmerman guilty of murder in the second degree.
More accurately, like asking you to prove that your Christian God is the real deal.

We'll all be waiting a real long time for that, huh TippyZealot?

woof
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#190 Jun 18, 2013
You don't possess an exclusive hotline to God, Tippyzealot.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belie...

"Sometimes, as with the Amish in Ohio and Meah Sha'arim in Jerusalem, the phenomenon is simply picturesque and only mildly crazy. More often, it expresses an underlying desire for the imagined certainties of the past, a monopoly on truth, an exclusive hotline to God, which is accompanied by a preparedness to impose those certainties, that exclusive hotline, on others, by force if necessary. That's not mildly anything. It's mad and bad.

Looking round the world today, it's all too easy to identify the danger – not just to the good name of religion but to civilisation itself – posed by those whose certainty is in inverse proportion to their morality.

First, the claim is the height of hubris, the sin which most besets religion today. Nothing is more arrogant – or absurd – than to believe that God would entrust the whole of His truth (I say His because it seems to be a largely male presumption) to any one group of people. It is equally arrogant and absurd to suppose that any one group of people could grasp more than fragments of that truth or comprehend the One who is beyond comprehension.

It's not only arrogance to the point of madness but potentially bad to the point of evil. For to believe that you have exclusive knowledge of God leads so easily to group self-perception as the not-so-lonely knights of faith who can break the moral law with impunity. With my secular humanist friends, I believe in the supremacy of the moral law. But the issue is far larger than the Taliban and their counterparts in other faiths."

woof

Location hidden

#191 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
More accurately, like asking you to prove that your Christian God is the real deal.
We'll all be waiting a real long time for that, huh TippyZealot?
woof
Good vs. Evil is crystal clear to all but moral relativists.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#192 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I have absolutely no doubt that your sentiments place you at high risk of ending up in the latter of those categories.

People like you always end up wishing to impose their will upon others.
Always.

woof

Location hidden

#193 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
You don't possess an exclusive hotline to God, Tippyzealot.
http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/belie...
"Sometimes, as with the Amish in Ohio and Meah Sha'arim in Jerusalem, the phenomenon is simply picturesque and only mildly crazy. More often, it expresses an underlying desire for the imagined certainties of the past, a monopoly on truth, an exclusive hotline to God, which is accompanied by a preparedness to impose those certainties, that exclusive hotline, on others, by force if necessary. That's not mildly anything. It's mad and bad.
Looking round the world today, it's all too easy to identify the danger – not just to the good name of religion but to civilisation itself – posed by those whose certainty is in inverse proportion to their morality.
First, the claim is the height of hubris, the sin which most besets religion today. Nothing is more arrogant – or absurd – than to believe that God would entrust the whole of His truth (I say His because it seems to be a largely male presumption) to any one group of people. It is equally arrogant and absurd to suppose that any one group of people could grasp more than fragments of that truth or comprehend the One who is beyond comprehension.
It's not only arrogance to the point of madness but potentially bad to the point of evil. For to believe that you have exclusive knowledge of God leads so easily to group self-perception as the not-so-lonely knights of faith who can break the moral law with impunity. With my secular humanist friends, I believe in the supremacy of the moral law. But the issue is far larger than the Taliban and their counterparts in other faiths."
woof
I do not have exclusive knowledge of God, nor did I claim such.
God revealed Himself and His redemptive plan to the world in His Word, the Bible.
And there's more than one copy of it; in fact, it's the #1 best-seller of all time.

In it you will find:

Acts 4:10-12

...let it be known to all of you and to all the people of Israel that by the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, whom you crucified, whom God raised from the dead -- by him this man is standing before you well. This Jesus is the stone that was rejected by you, the builders, which has become the cornerstone. And there is salvation in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved.

Matthew 24:35

[Jesus:] Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will not pass away.

AND ON-POINT:

John 8:42-47

Jesus said to them, "If God were your Father, you would love me, for I came from God and I am here. I came not of my own accord, but he sent me. Why do you not understand what I say? It is because you cannot bear to hear my word. You are of your father the devil, and your will is to do your father's desires. He was a murderer from the beginning, and does not stand in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, he speaks out of his own character, for he is a liar and the father of lies. But because I tell the truth, you do not believe me. Which one of you convicts me of sin? If I tell the truth, why do you not believe me? Whoever is of God hears the words of God. The reason why you do not hear them is that you are not of God."
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#194 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Hahahahaha.
Then why is Christianity generally limited to the remnants of the old Roman Empire and it's frontier territories to the West? It's because Constantine set in motion the wheels of government and it became the state religion.
And even in the West, the parts that were only nominally Roman are those who created their own Protestant bastardization 400 years ago.
If it were truly the universal word of God, doesn't God have the power to make it spread to the East and the South? Or does God only rely on ex-Roman Eurotrash as his messengers?
Constantine set nothing in motion (if you believe HOLY scripture).

During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us."

Act 16:9.

This is the most important event in the history of Europe as God chose Europeans to spread the gospel of Jesus Christ which the British (not the Italians) did when they sent colonies to America, Kenya, India, Uganda, South Africa and other Europeans like the Portugal in South America, Angola, French in Algeria etc. God chose Europeans to be His Messengers.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#195 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
I do not have exclusive knowledge of God, nor did I claim such.
God revealed Himself and His redemptive plan to the world in His Word, the Bible.
Thank you for providing exhibit "A".

So, apparently you have not heard the news? There are several other books out there as well.

You should listen to what Bob said about who has the best burgers.

woof

Location hidden

#196 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for providing exhibit "A".
So, apparently you have not heard the news? There are several other books out there as well.
You should listen to what Bob said about who has the best burgers.
woof
Historians and archaeologists alike admit that the Bible passes -- with flying colors -- the internal, external and bibliographic tests for ancient texts. It is supported by 24,000+ different copies, the earliest of which was written a mere 25 years after the original. Consider that Cornelius Tacitus' Annals is considered an accurate account of the first century Roman Empire...when only 20 copies exist -- the earliest of which was written 1,000 years after the original.

Note also the works of Sophocles have 193 different copies for comparison -- and that find reflects one of the highest numbers of copies you will see in regard to other ancient texts. Again, amazingly, the earliest of these was written 1,400 years after the original.

In fact, there is more historical and archaeological evidence to support the Bible than any other historical text, and it remains the #1 best-selling book of all time.

It's just hard for anti-Christian zealots to accept those facts.

"...it may be safely said that no other work of antiquity has been so accurately transmitted."

-- William Green

Location hidden

#197 Jun 18, 2013
Aside from the four GOSPEL accounts of Christ's life, written by His personal acquaintances, we have secular historical record, as follows:

CORNELIUS TACITUS

Tacitus lived from A.D. 55 to A.D. 120. He was a Roman historian and has been described as the greatest historian of Rome, noted for his integrity and moral uprightness. His most famous works are the Annals and the Histories. The Annals relate the historical narrative from Augustus’ death in A.D.14 to Nero’s death in A.D. 68. The Histories begin their narrative after Nero’s death and finish with Domitian’s death in A.D. 96. In his section describing Nero’s decision to blame the fire of Rome on the Christians, Tacitus affirms that the founder of Christianity, a man he calls Chrestus (a common misspelling of Christ, which was Jesus’ surname), was executed by Pilate, the procurator of Judea during the reign of the Roman emperor Tiberias. Tacitus was hostile to Christianity because in the same paragraph he describes Christus’ or Christ’s death, he describes Christianity as a pernicious superstition. It would have therefore been in his interests to declare that Jesus had never existed, but he did not, and perhaps he did not because he could not without betraying the historical record.

LUCIAN OF SAMOSATA

Lucian was a Greek satirist of the latter half of the second century. He therefore lived within two hundred years of Jesus. Lucian was hostile to Christianity and openly mocked it. He particularly objected to the fact that Christians worshipped a man. He does not mention Jesus’ name, but the reference to the man Christians worship is a reference to Jesus.

SUETONIUS

Suetonius was a Roman historian and a court official in Emperor Hadrian’s government. In his Life of Claudius he refers to Claudius expelling Jews from Rome on account of their activities on behalf of a man Suetonius calls Chrestus [another misspelling of Christus or Christ].

PLINY THE YOUNGER

Pliny was the Governor of Bithynia in Asia Minor (AD. 112). He was responsible for executing Christians for not worshipping or bowing down to a statue of the emperor Trajan. In a letter to the emperor Trajan, he describes how the people on trial for being Christians would describe how they sang songs to Christ because he was a god.

THALLUS and PHLEGON

Both were ancient historians and both confirmed the fact that the land went dark when Jesus was crucified. This parallels what the Bible said happened when Jesus died.

MARA BAR-SERAPION

Some time after 70 A.D., Mara Bar-Sarapion, who was probably a Stoic philosopher, wrote a letter to his son in which he describes how the Jews executed their King. Claiming to be a king was one of the charges the religious authorities used to scare Pontius Pilate into agreeing to execute Jesus.

JOSEPHUS

Josephus was a Jewish historian who was born in either 37 or 38 AD and died some time after 100 AD. He wrote the Jewish Antiquites and in one famous passage described Jesus as a wise man, a doer of wonderful works and calls him the Christ. He also affirmed that Jesus was executed by Pilate and actually rose from the dead!
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#198 Jun 18, 2013
Oliver Canterberry wrote:
<quoted text>
Constantine set nothing in motion (if you believe HOLY scripture).
During the night Paul had a vision of a man of Macedonia standing and begging him, "Come over to Macedonia and help us."
Act 16:9.
if you understand history you will understand that what I say is true. Everything government sponsors from college educations to home mortgages grow bigger under government sponsorship.

The church state relationship dates back to pagan times. Speaking of Macedonia, do you realize that all the monarchs who came before Philip and Alexander lived in castles in that region. Do you know what the castle was? It was effectively both their residence and City Hall. Government archives were housed in those Castles as well as our archives relating to the state religion, which was obviously paganism at the time.

There is no question that the reason that we're Christian is because of Constantine and because the Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire spreading Westward. It did not spread East because the government did not adopt Christianity to the east.

And don't forget that in most nations outside of America the state religion gets a government stipend. Whenever government throw some money at something it grows and that's how Christianity grew, not to mention the fact that the church is considered a monarchy at itself and at various times in history it was the state, as in the Papal States.

Very little Christianity to the east and that's because there was very little Roman Empire to the east and what little there was of the Roman Empire was conquered by the Ottoman Empire.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#199 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
It's crystal clear to me too, Bro. The difference is we seem to disagree about where on that spectrum you fall.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#200 Jun 18, 2013
You don't get it, do you TippyZealot?

Yes, a man named JC lived, and some events described in the Bible really did take place.

Do you think that's proof sufficient to conclude that people who adhere to any religious beliefs other than Christianity are doomed to an eternity of fire?

That really is quite a strange set of beliefs you have there.

woof

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Scammer 1 hr Window worker 6
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Pale Rider 4,839
Eric Garner died over cigarette tax enforcement. 4 hr TonyD2 81
Rod Parsley says ministry threatened by lack of... (Dec '09) 4 hr Chris 760
COPS lives MATTER 5 hr They cannot kill ... 48
Should Suspected Pedophiles be Tortured? 5 hr yeah they are 14
Hand outs 5 hr White cop 10
Merry Christmas! What's your favorite memory? 9 hr Reality Speaks 312
Columbus Dating
Find my Match