Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah ...

Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah sort out Muslim Wars?

Created by Pamela on Jun 15, 2013

48 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes let Allah sort it out

No Europeans must fight Muslim wars

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#160 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
My personal spiritual beliefs are irrelevant to what I have asked you.
I've never stated here whether I am a Theist, an Atheist, or an Agnostic, and I never will, yet you falsely claim to know what I think and believe about questions of God, the origination of life on Earth, and eternity.
I find it extremely revealing that although you live in a Nation that Constitutionally guarantees every individual resident the right to freedom of religion, and the protection from state imposed religion, rather than couch your opinions in terms that respect those principles, you insult and deride anyone who perceives spirituality in a manner divergent from your own.
People who do that typically do so either out of fear of the unknown, out of insecurity in their own beliefs, as a means of controlling and imposing their own will and beliefs upon others, or some combination of those reasons. When challenged, like you, rather than directly addressing the fact that everyone in America is free to believe whatever they choose to believe, they attempt to redirect the conversation towards the challenger's personal beliefs, as if they are somehow relevant to the issue of Constitutional Freedom. They are not.
I sure am happy that I live in America, where I am protected from zealots like you.
Now, back to the question: Prove that your God is the real and only one, and that Allah does not exist.
You cannot.
woof
I insult those who defend the death cult known as Islam, because Islamists would deprive every American of constitutionally guaranteed freedoms.

I exchange insults with you because it appears to be your preferred modus operandi. Simply peruse any thread for evidence.

I have never attempted to impose my beliefs on anyone.
That false accusation is merely a leftist tool for quashing free speech that does not align with leftist ideology.

God proves His existence to the world daily.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#161 Jun 18, 2013
Amused by all the negative icons. Do you deny the Word of God with regard to women wearing headcoverings?

"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head.(I Corinthians 11:5).:

=====

Of course, Protestants find a way to explain this away by saying that the Apostle who said this (was it Peter?) was only referring to the prostitutes ... just as Baptists twist wine into grape juice. But the Orthodox and Catholic Churches have 2,000 years of practically the same tradition Muslims have, and it extended into their daily lives until about 50 years ago ...

Yes, this is traditionally a Catholic practice as well:

http://www.catholicplanet.com/women/headcover...
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#162 Jun 18, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now. Let's get one thing straight, Tippo. I don't defend one religion against another. They all are mythological fairy tales, none better or worse than the next.
Spend a couple of months listening to Catholic Radio or Salem Radio. You will find that the Bible contains a lot more wisdom than you know. It will confound you that people had the insights that they had 2,000 years ago.

And remember kids, Christianity is the ultimate expression of feminism. If you understand the history of how it came about, it was a reaction to the debauchery of the pagan lifestyle and the damage it was doing to people. It took hold because people could see the results and how it was without question the better way to live, with better respect for life and self.

It's really a repeat of the very same thing you're seeing today.

It was the original "Chicken Soup for the Soul" for all you new age types.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#164 Jun 18, 2013
http://goo.gl/Ru7S6

Catholic Head Covering
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#165 Jun 18, 2013
http://goo.gl/RaqNt

Head Covering in the Catholic Church

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#166 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Amused by all the negative icons. Do you deny the Word of God with regard to women wearing headcoverings?
"But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head.(I Corinthians 11:5).:
=====
Of course, Protestants find a way to explain this away by saying that the Apostle who said this (was it Peter?) was only referring to the prostitutes ... just as Baptists twist wine into grape juice. But the Orthodox and Catholic Churches have 2,000 years of practically the same tradition Muslims have, and it extended into their daily lives until about 50 years ago ...
Yes, this is traditionally a Catholic practice as well:
http://www.catholicplanet.com/women/headcover...
Bob, none of this relates to the ongoing 7th century Muslim requirement that women wear burkas in public at all times, or face legal punishment under Islamic law.

No comparison whatsoever.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#167 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
http://goo.gl/RaqNt
Head Covering in the Catholic Church
Here is a comment that stands out. Even Protestants observed this tradition until about 40 years ago.

Again, it all comes from the same place. They borrow rituals from each other so none of this should be alien to anybody. There are good people in all faiths, and faithful people generally are good people.

=========

Great posts...When I was a protestant my church observed head coverings-now as a Catholic they don't...much..
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#168 Jun 18, 2013
What makes you think there is one, universal, agreed upon flavor of Islam? And where do you think they got the idea to make the burka mandatory?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#169 Jun 18, 2013
Broken up due to red warning msg ...

The b3rqa is the garment that covers women most completely: either only the eyes are visible, or nothing at all. Originating in what is now [email protected], it is more commonly associated with the [email protected] [email protected].. This type of v3eil is cultural as limited to the people of that part of the world.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#170 Jun 18, 2013
final:

It has become tradition that Muslims in general, and Salafis in particular, believe the Qur'an demands women wear the garments known today as ... must be worn underneath the . However, Qur'an translators and commentators translate the Arabic into English words with a general meaning, such as veils, head-coverings and shawls. Ghamidi argues that verses [Quran 24:30] teach etiquette for male and female interactions, where ... is mentioned in reference to the clothing of Arab women in the 7th century, but there is no command to actually wear them in any specific way. Hence he considers head-covering a preferable practice but not a directive of the [email protected] (law).

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#171 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
What makes you think there is one, universal, agreed upon flavor of Islam? And where do you think they got the idea to make the burka mandatory?
You've exposed another of your fetishes, Bob.
If you want to wear a lace scarf to Mass next week, just do it.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#172 Jun 18, 2013
More food for thought:

Chapel Veils and Mantillas

The practice of wearing chapel veils and mantillas during mass has made a comeback in recent years, and has a long history dating back some two thousand years. Our beautiful Catholic mantilla and chapel veil collection comes in a variety of fabric styles and colors, and each is handmade in the USA by a Catholic family.

http://www.giftscatholic.com/catalog/category...

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#173 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
final:
It has become tradition that Muslims in general, and Salafis in particular, believe the Qur'an demands women wear the garments known today as ... must be worn underneath the . However, Qur'an translators and commentators translate the Arabic into English words with a general meaning, such as veils, head-coverings and shawls. Ghamidi argues that verses [Quran 24:30] teach etiquette for male and female interactions, where ... is mentioned in reference to the clothing of Arab women in the 7th century, but there is no command to actually wear them in any specific way. Hence he considers head-covering a preferable practice but not a directive of the [email protected] (law).
Who cares? Might as well us a paper bag, cheaper and you can recycle!

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#174 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
More food for thought:
Chapel Veils and Mantillas
The practice of wearing chapel veils and mantillas during mass has made a comeback in recent years, and has a long history dating back some two thousand years. Our beautiful Catholic mantilla and chapel veil collection comes in a variety of fabric styles and colors, and each is handmade in the USA by a Catholic family.
http://www.giftscatholic.com/catalog/category...
Geesh...I'll chip in for some lovely Alencon lace.
Just promise you'll ask your priest if he supports Sharia law, as directives from God.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#175 Jun 18, 2013
Current practice

Headcovering, at least during worship services, is still promoted or required in a few denominations and among the more traditional Catholics. Among these are Catholics who live a plain life and are known as Plain Catholics. Some Anabaptist denominations, including the Amish, Old Order Mennonite and Conservative Mennonites, the Old German Baptist Brethren,[22] the Hutterites,[23] and the Apostolic Christian Church; some Pentecostal churches, such as the Church of Our Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, The Pentecostal Mission, the Deeper Christian Life Ministry, and the Christian Congregation in the United States; the Laestadian Lutheran Church, the Plymouth Brethren; and the more conservative Scottish Presbyterian and Dutch Reformed churches. In those Protestant denominations which have no official expectation that women cover, some individuals choose to practice headcovering according to their understanding of 1 Corinthians 11.

Eastern Christianity

Some Eastern Orthodox, Oriental Orthodox, and Eastern Catholic Churches require women to cover their heads while in church; an example of this practice occurs in the Russian Orthodox Church.[24] In Albania, Christian women often wear white veils, although their eyes are visible; moreover, in that nation, in Orthodox Christian church buildings, women are separated from men by latticework partitions during the church service.[25]

In other cases, the choice may be individual, or vary within a country or jurisdiction. Among Orthodox women in Greece, the practice of wearing a head covering in church gradually declined over the course of the 20th century, and today is only practiced by very elderly women of a particular generation that is now over 80 years old. In the United States, the custom can vary depending on the denomination and congregation, and the origins of that congregation.

The male clergy of the Eastern Catholic and Orthodox Churches often have long hair and untrimmed beards if they are monastics, but married clergy often have standard haircuts. Eastern Orthodox clergy of all levels have head coverings, sometimes with veils in the case of monastics or celibates, that are donned and removed at certain points in the services. In US churches they are less commonly worn.

Bishops, archimandrites and archpriests wear mitres when wearing their liturgical vestments, which have their own rules concerning donning and doffing.

Orthodox nuns wear a head covering called an apostolnik, which is worn at all times, and is the only part of the monastic habit which distinguishes them from Orthodox monks.

Western Christianity

In Continental Europe and North America at the start of the 20th century, women in most mainstream Christian denominations wore head coverings during church services.[26] These included many Anglican,[27] Baptist,[28] Methodist,[29] and Roman Catholic Churches.[30] At worship, in parts of the Western World, many women started to wear bonnets in lieu of headcoverings, and later, hats became predominant.[31][32] However, eventually, in the North America, this practiced started to decline,[26] with some exceptions, such as Mennonites, for example.[33] However, in nations in regions such as the Indian subcontinent, nearly all women wear head coverings during church services.[34]
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#176 Jun 18, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Who cares? Might as well us a paper bag, cheaper and you can recycle!
The point is that they got feminine modesty from "US" (Christians) and just added their own twist to the same concept.

Where Christians got it from? Who knows. But here's my wild guess: Even with the debauched lifestyles being led during pagan times, there were modest women around and the Christians adopted those traditions.

Remember again, Christianity partially came about as a reaction to pagan debauchery. It was a better way to live as compared to the lives destroyed by the instant gratification mindset.

Almost reminds me of today.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#177 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Geesh...I'll chip in for some lovely Alencon lace.
Just promise you'll ask your priest if he supports Sharia law, as directives from God.
I don't care what some American Zionist pfhagh-hot priest has to say. I'll take the word of Pope Francis, who grew up in a place where he wasn't immersed with Zionist propaganda.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#178 Jun 18, 2013
Bless your heart...I'll even spring for beading.
If your priest doesn't find it to be too distracting.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#179 Jun 18, 2013
e.g. One of your Faux News "go to" "boys". The falsetto voice gives me the creeps.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/03/cath...

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#180 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The point is that they got feminine modesty from "US" (Christians) and just added their own twist to the same concept.
Where Christians got it from? Who knows. But here's my wild guess: Even with the debauched lifestyles being led during pagan times, there were modest women around and the Christians adopted those traditions.
Remember again, Christianity partially came about as a reaction to pagan debauchery. It was a better way to live as compared to the lives destroyed by the instant gratification mindset.
Almost reminds me of today.
Christianity came about as a result of Christ's death and resurrection.
The End.

It is not the Aesop's fable you pretend it to be.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the GOP cut its loses? 1 hr MarkJ- 967
Please help me find the love of my life 2 hr UTrashy 134
Big Johnson 3 hr UTrashy 80
SC clown sightins being taken seriously. 4 hr Duke for Mayor 4
F1: Who's out? 6 hr Posting as myself 7
News 6110 Holiday Lane, Dublin. 7 hr Pam 3
Hillary praises KKK head, Byrd. 7 hr Duke for Mayor 46

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages