Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah ...

Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah sort out Muslim Wars?

Created by Pamela on Jun 15, 2013

48 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes let Allah sort it out

No Europeans must fight Muslim wars

Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#140 Jun 18, 2013
The mothers' choir sings at St. Gebriel Ethiopian Orthodox Church on Easter. While at church, women cover their heads with long, handwoven scarves called natellas and small headscarves called shash. Metti Mulugeta, a volunteer with the Ethiopian Community Center, says the scarves are worn for the sake of modesty. Traditionally, they were styled in different ways depending on occasion and age of the woman.

http://seattletimes.com/html/picturethis/2018...
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#141 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you related to che?
I was born with a great BS detector and that includes skepticism when it comes to religious dogma.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#142 Jun 18, 2013
Head covering and Christianity

http://www.google.com/search...
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#143 Jun 18, 2013
On the Covering of Heads

[Note from Fr Damian: At St John the Evangelist Orthodox Mission, we do not have hard and fast rules about dress and other customs. When it comes to head coverings, many Orthodox Christians of the last couple generations threw off their scarves as a symbol of shedding the image of an immigrant peasant when they arrived in America. Our modern society is greatly impacted by the feminist movement and its sense of ‘liberation’, even for those who consider themselves conservative Christians. Yet in the face of this trend, you will find those who wear scarves anyway. I know of one young Greek lady who, after visiting a conservative Russian Church where she was given a scarf, upon returning to her modern Greek Orthodox parish treasures using it even though no other woman wears one. She discovered that when putting it upon her head, she cut herself off from the ‘social aspect’ of the gathering and created a ‘cocoon of prayer’ that deeply impacted her personal piety. This short article, though not very complete in the presentation of the material, has been included because it introduces the subject from a traditional Orthodox point of view]

But every woman that prayeth or prophesieth with her head uncovered dishonoureth her head.(I Corinthians 11:5).

Orthodox women, according to the words of the holy Apostle Paul, go to God's church with covered heads. For nearly two thousand years now, this custom has been kept by faithful women and has been handed down from generation to generation. It is a custom not only of the local churches, but also of the Universal Church, and, therefore whether we be in a Greek, in a Serbian or Russian church the women in the church have their heads covered. Not long ago, we happened totalk with a woman who had only just been in Russia. On a feast day, she went to church with her head uncovered, and when she came forward to venerate the Cross, the priest refused to give her the Cross. To her protests and excuses, that she had come from abroad, did not know the local customs and thought that it is necessary to cover one's head only for Communion, the priest replied to her that this is no excuse, that it is always necessary to have the head covered in church, and that he could not allow her to kiss the Holy Cross.

Unlike the countries that have been Orthodox for centuries, most women in America do not cover their heads, often for one of the following reasons: scarves are not in style; a kerchief spoils the hairdo; thinking there is no basis for covering the head; pondering why is it necessary for us women to cover the head, but not necessary for men. It comes down to a matter of worldly fashion. If we were to give in to fashion, then our services would last fifteen minutes, we would sit in our churches, there would be a worship band on a stage instead of a Holy Altar, and on and on.

We find the basis for covering the head in Sacred Scripture itself, in the New Testament. The Most Holy Virgin Mary covered her head in the holy temple from her young years. According to tradition, her headcovering in the Jerusalem temple was light blue; therefore, on the feast days of the Theotokos our clergy wear light blue vestments. The Most Holy Theotokos wore a kerchief as a sign of her humility and submissiveness to God's will, which was manifested on the day of the Annunciation.

In wearing a kerchief, the faithful woman recalls the image of her who was vouchsafed to carry the Saviour Himself. If the Most Pure and Most Blessed One herself had a covered head, shall we really consider the imitation of her as an abasement. Every outward action, accompanied by the correct Christian inward disposition, brings benefit to the soul.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#144 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#145 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>

-- gender segregation
P.S. gender segregation is another staple of the early Christian church. it is still practice today in eastern parishes especially parishes more oriented towards an immigrant community. It is not uncommon to see women sitting on the left side of the church and man sitting on the right side of the church.

You people bought into the whole Jewish secular narrative about oppression of women when you don't even realize that your Christian Church historically is based on the many of the same rituals as both Muslims and Jews use. Again this has to do with geography and cross pollination of rituals not to mention taking the pagan rituals that came before.

Bottom line - its still a franchise. Burger King, Wendys, McDonalds. All people should be in courage to follow their faiths and all faiths have radicals.

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#146 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
Did you know that Christians required mandatory head covering before Muslims did?
--------
what about the biblical commandments to cover?(Cor 11:1-16, 1Thess 2:15, 3:6)
In summary, the reasons St. Paul advises women to cover their heads in church are:
1. Our Lord commanded it;
2. it is a visible sign of an invisible order established by God;
3. The angels at Mass are offended if women don't use it;
4. it is a ceremonial vestment;
The operate words being "in church."
Are you related to Wise American, too?

The Apostle Paul was asking the church women to dress appropriately during worship according to the culture of the time, wherein women without head coverings were considered "loose" women.

Multiple discussions of the symbolism [as regards the "headship" of Christ, etc.] and 1st century culture could be had on this subject, but...it remains completely unrelated to the Muslim dictate, from the 7th century forward, that women must be covered from head to toe at all times at worship and in public.

Location hidden

#147 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
I was born with a great BS detector and that includes skepticism when it comes to religious dogma.
Indeed, both of you are atheists.
Atheists who defend Islam as against Christianity.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#148 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
The operate words being "in church"

Muslim dictate, from the 7th century forward, that women must be covered from head to toe at all times at worship and in public.
It is still common to see elderly women in Greek village is wearing headscarves on a daily basis. In addition to being a religious ritual and a way to make religion part of their everyday lives, the head scarves traditionally denoted the woman's position within a village. For example widows traditionally wore black head scarves for the rest of their lives.

The point still being is that this stuff all comes from the same place. The Muslims just have a different twist on what they got from the Christians. And who knows where the Christians got it from.

And you being a literalist that you are ... why doesn't your wife follow the Bible and wear a headscarf?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#149 Jun 18, 2013

Location hidden

#150 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
...You people bought into the whole Jewish secular narrative about oppression of women when you don't even realize that your Christian Church historically is based on the many of the same rituals as both Muslims and Jews use. Again this has to do with geography and cross pollination of rituals not to mention taking the pagan rituals that came before.
No.

It has to do with Satan deceiving people into centuries'-long bondage under allah's laws -- while God offers liberty through Jesus Christ, who Himself satisfied the requirements of the Law.

Location hidden

#151 Jun 18, 2013
By the way, just yesterday, you posted a complaint [under your Big Johnson moniker] about long copy & paste posts.

You probably shouldn't let him read your efforts on this thread.

Bor---ing.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#152 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Not really. I was raised in an Eastern religion and the original form a Christian worship simply is not as legalistic as you Westerners like to look at things.

you people like to look at things in terms of being a set of rules, yet you ignore those rules when it comes to rituals which you feel are beneath you. We look at the rituals as the things that keep be the institution alive from generation to generation and put religion into a more spiritual light.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#153 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
By the way, just yesterday, you posted a complaint [under your Big Johnson moniker] about long copy & paste posts.
You probably shouldn't let him read your efforts on this thread.
Bor---ing.
I am Bob and only Bob. Johnson is another like-minded cynic like me.

cut and paste in this context or only boring if you choose to bury your head about the history of the Christian Church. I have two thousand years on my side. You protestants have four hundred years at best, and most of you are far less then that.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#154 Jun 18, 2013
.... and this might also help explain to you why the Pope is not as anti Islamic as you brainwashed Christian Zionists are
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#155 Jun 18, 2013
traditional head scarf for a Greek Maiden:

http://www.costumes.gr/stoles/643063.jpg
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#156 Jun 18, 2013
One more then back to work. End of history lesson.

------

... Orthodoxy is not a set of steps or "prescribed" things that you "have" to do. As you already know, it is not legalistic like that, and is really a much more personal religion than it appears on the surface. I converted from Protestantism, too, and went for many years before understanding that myself. There are still things I am not comfortable doing, so I just don't do them. I don't feel like I'm being 'judged' one way or another - because honestly I am just more confident about my own journey and don't even try to see if anyone is watching me "do it wrong" anymore.(And, I don't think very many are/were to begin with!)

As I continued to go and learn and grow, some things became more comfortable and "made sense" to me. Others did not (or at least haven't yet), and imo, that's okay, too! For example - it took me a long while to understand that praying to saints is not worshipping them - and now it makes complete sense to me. I still don't kiss icons, but I understand more and appreciate their place in prayer. Just my own experiences.....

http://community.babycenter.com/post/a1027695...
Duke for Mayor

United States

#157 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you do believe that your life is a gift...then who do you believe gave it to you?
My personal spiritual beliefs are irrelevant to what I have asked you.

I've never stated here whether I am a Theist, an Atheist, or an Agnostic, and I never will, yet you falsely claim to know what I think and believe about questions of God, the origination of life on Earth, and eternity.

I find it extremely revealing that although you live in a Nation that Constitutionally guarantees every individual resident the right to freedom of religion, and the protection from state imposed religion, rather than couch your opinions in terms that respect those principles, you insult and deride anyone who perceives spirituality in a manner divergent from your own.

People who do that typically do so either out of fear of the unknown, out of insecurity in their own beliefs, as a means of controlling and imposing their own will and beliefs upon others, or some combination of those reasons. When challenged, like you, rather than directly addressing the fact that everyone in America is free to believe whatever they choose to believe, they attempt to redirect the conversation towards the challenger's personal beliefs, as if they are somehow relevant to the issue of Constitutional Freedom. They are not.

I sure am happy that I live in America, where I am protected from zealots like you.

Now, back to the question: Prove that your God is the real and only one, and that Allah does not exist.

You cannot.

woof

Location hidden

#158 Jun 18, 2013
Thank the real God that's over!

; )
Che Reagan Christ

Medina, OH

#159 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Now, now. Let's get one thing straight, Tippo. I don't defend one religion against another. They all are mythological fairy tales, none better or worse than the next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Should the GOP cut its loses? 2 min Male 900
No Life, But Topix. 37 min 404 not found 23
Please help me find the love of my life 1 hr Trenton 7
Trump the Liar 4 hr Pale Rider 927
33% women would swap IQ for larger breasts (Mar '12) 4 hr Pam 29
did RS write this on his super sized boat 5 hr Catman Dave 5
Black Voters should Remove Clinton CHAINS 5 hr Blacks-LOOSEfromC... 1
News Hillary Clinton tops Donald Trump in battlegrou... 7 hr Vote for Jill Stein 256

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages