Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah sort out Muslim Wars?

Created by Pamela on Jun 15, 2013

47 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes let Allah sort it out

No Europeans must fight Muslim wars

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#116 Jun 18, 2013
Zoe Regen wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds more like Biden......
I agree with that too.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#117 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Look in the mirror.
If you don't think your life is gift from God, I'm sorry for you.
Someday, if you ever get to the end of yourself...there, you'll find God.
Now there you go Tippy making assumptions about me that you have absolutely no evidence to support.

My derision is reserved for and directed at humans like you.

Have you been playing with Paco's synapse detector again?

woof

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#119 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Now there you go Tippy making assumptions about me that you have absolutely no evidence to support.
My derision is reserved for and directed at humans like you.
Have you been playing with Paco's synapse detector again?
woof
Well, if you do believe that your life is a gift...then who do you believe gave it to you?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#120 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, if you do believe that your life is a gift...then who do you believe gave it to you?
Yahweh? Allah? Buddha? Vishnu? Huehueteotl? Isis? Phanes? Vitumnus?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#123 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Every intelligent person knows that, since Mrs. Palin is specifically referring to Muslims, it follows that she is specifically referring to the Muslim god, allah.
But, since the Muslim allah doesn't exist, I'm content to let the true God of the Bible sort 'em out.
The Muslim God is the exact same one that we believe in. They just don't believe Jesus was anything other than a prophet.

-------

From Christianity Today:

... Okay, then—do Muslims and Christians worship the same God?

First, all Christians don't worship the same God, and all Muslims don't worship the same God.

Fair enough.

But I think that Muslims and Christians who embrace the normative traditions of their faith refer to the same object, to the same Being, when they pray, when they worship, when they talk about God. The referent is the same.

The description of God is partly different. There are significant differences that are the subject of strenuous debates. Some differences really are foundational to the faith, like the doctrine of the Trinity. At the same time, there's this amazing overlap and similarity.

http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/apri...

Location hidden

#124 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
The Muslim God is the exact same one that we believe in. They just don't believe Jesus was anything other than a prophet.
-------
From Christianity Today:
... Okay, then—do Muslims and Christians worship the same God?
First, all Christians don't worship the same God, and all Muslims don't worship the same God.
Fair enough.
But I think that Muslims and Christians who embrace the normative traditions of their faith refer to the same object, to the same Being, when they pray, when they worship, when they talk about God. The referent is the same.
The description of God is partly different. There are significant differences that are the subject of strenuous debates. Some differences really are foundational to the faith, like the doctrine of the Trinity. At the same time, there's this amazing overlap and similarity.
http://www.christianitytoday.com/ct/2011/apri...
A lie from the pit of Hell, Bob.
Your assertion is impossible...and we've discussed this subject repeatedly on this forum.

To declare that the Muslim allah represents a trinity or has a son is blasphemy in Islam. Further, their allah is unapproachable and unknowable, demanding the death of those who insult him at the hands of his followers.

The self-revealed God of Christians has a very different nature, providing redemption for sinners through the sacrificial death of His Son, Jesus Christ.

It does not take a very deep comparison of the Quran/Hadiths to the Bible for one to determine that they are referencing two very different beings.

“Zuzu's Petals”

Since: Sep 10

Bedford Falls

#125 Jun 18, 2013
RU_Kiddingme wrote:
<quoted text>
Huehueteotl has the coolest name. If I were God, I would call myself Huehueteotl.
I can think of a better name for you, LUNATIC!
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#127 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
A lie from the pit of Hell, Bob.
Islamic–Jewish relations started in the 7th century CE with the origin and spread of Islam in the Arabian peninsula. The two religions share similar values, guidelines, and principles.[1] Islam also incorporates Jewish history as a part of its own. Muslims regard the Children of Israel as an important religious concept in Islam. Moses, the most important prophet of Judaism, is also considered a prophet and messenger in Islam.[2] Moses is mentioned more in the Quran than any other individual, and his life is narrated and recounted more than that any other prophet.[3] There are approximately forty-three references to the Israelites in the Quran (excluding individual prophets),[4] and many in the Hadith. Later rabbinic authorities and Jewish scholars such as Maimonides discussed the relationship between Islam and Jewish law. Maimonides himself, it has been argued, was influenced by Islamic legal thought.[5]

Because Islam and Judaism share a common origin in the Middle East through Abraham, both are considered Abrahamic religions. There are many shared aspects between Judaism and Islam; Islam was strongly influenced by Judaism in its fundamental religious outlook, structure, jurisprudence and practice.[1] Because of this similarity, as well as through the influence of Muslim culture and philosophy on the Jewish community within the Islamic world, there has been considerable and continued physical, theological, and political overlap between the two faiths in the subsequent 1,400 years.

Location hidden

#128 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Islamic–Jewish relations started in the 7th century CE with the origin and spread of Islam in the Arabian peninsula. The two religions share similar values, guidelines, and principles.[1] Islam also incorporates Jewish history as a part of its own. Muslims regard the Children of Israel as an important religious concept in Islam. Moses, the most important prophet of Judaism, is also considered a prophet and messenger in Islam.[2] Moses is mentioned more in the Quran than any other individual, and his life is narrated and recounted more than that any other prophet.[3] There are approximately forty-three references to the Israelites in the Quran (excluding individual prophets),[4] and many in the Hadith. Later rabbinic authorities and Jewish scholars such as Maimonides discussed the relationship between Islam and Jewish law. Maimonides himself, it has been argued, was influenced by Islamic legal thought.[5]
Because Islam and Judaism share a common origin in the Middle East through Abraham, both are considered Abrahamic religions. There are many shared aspects between Judaism and Islam; Islam was strongly influenced by Judaism in its fundamental religious outlook, structure, jurisprudence and practice.[1] Because of this similarity, as well as through the influence of Muslim culture and philosophy on the Jewish community within the Islamic world, there has been considerable and continued physical, theological, and political overlap between the two faiths in the subsequent 1,400 years.
Yes, Bob, I already knew that Islam is Satan's knock-off of Judaism.
And anyone with an ounce of critical thinking skills can identify the genuine article.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#129 Jun 18, 2013
From Wikipedia:

Christianity and Islam share a historical and traditional connection. The two faiths share a common origin in the Middle East[2] and Muslims consider Christians (and Jews) to be People of the Book. Belief in the Injil (the original Gospel of Jesus) is an important part of Islamic theology, although Muslims view the current Gospels as altered. The bond extends even further, with the Islamic Prophet Muhammad instructing Muslims to defend the Christian faith from aggressors after treaties of peace have been signed, such as in the document called the Achtiname of Muhammad. Islam and Christianity share the twin commandments of the paramount importance of loving God and loving one's neighbor, although the interpretations of these statements differ between the two traditions, and, indeed, vary between all three Abrahamic religions.[3]

Despite the similarities between the two faiths there are some major theological differences. Islam denies that God can be divided into a Trinity and consider this division of God's Oneness to be a grave sin (Shirk). Muslims see Jesus as the last prophet sent to the Children of Israel and the Messiah (Masih) miraculously born of the Virgin Mary (Mary&#257;m), but do not believe that he is the Son of God or divine.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#130 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
From Wikipedia:

Despite the similarities between the two faiths there are some major theological differences. Islam denies that God can be divided into a Trinity and consider this division of God's Oneness to be a grave sin (Shirk). Muslims see Jesus as the last prophet sent to the Children of Israel and the Messiah (Masih) miraculously born of the Virgin Mary (Mary&#257;m), but do not believe that he is the Son of God or divine.
What this means to me? They agree on the main points, in other words the stuff that matters. And they disagree on the specific rituals and dogma, in other words the exact secret Masonic handshake each of these clubs use.

Bottom line: I continue to stick with my theory. All religions are the same and the religion you were born into is more a function of geography that anything else. Columbus had Lazarus, Cincinnati had Shillito's, Cleveland had Halle's and Detroit had Hudson's.

Burger King, Wendys McDonalds - all basically the same thing. Religion is just a forerunner of the franchise concept.

Location hidden

#131 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
From Wikipedia:
Christianity and Islam share a historical and traditional connection. The two faiths share a common origin in the Middle East[2] and Muslims consider Christians (and Jews) to be People of the Book. Belief in the Injil (the original Gospel of Jesus) is an important part of Islamic theology, although Muslims view the current Gospels as altered. The bond extends even further, with the Islamic Prophet Muhammad instructing Muslims to defend the Christian faith from aggressors after treaties of peace have been signed, such as in the document called the Achtiname of Muhammad. Islam and Christianity share the twin commandments of the paramount importance of loving God and loving one's neighbor, although the interpretations of these statements differ between the two traditions, and, indeed, vary between all three Abrahamic religions.[3]
Wikipedia as theological expert?
Amazing, Bob.
What color is your wife's hijab?

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#132 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
From Wikipedia:
that's true about Islam and Christianity.

Comparison Chart: Christianity and Islam

http://www.religionfacts.com/christianity/cha...

Location hidden

#133 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
What this means to me? They agree on the main points, in other words the stuff that matters. And they disagree on the specific rituals and dogma, in other words the exact secret Masonic handshake each of these clubs use.
Bottom line: I continue to stick with my theory. All religions are the same and the religion you were born into is more a function of geography that anything else. Columbus had Lazarus, Cincinnati had Shillito's, Cleveland had Halle's and Detroit had Hudson's.
Burger King, Wendys McDonalds - all basically the same thing. Religion is just a forerunner of the franchise concept.
There really is only one main point, and they do NOT agree.

John 14:6

Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#134 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Wikipedia as theological expert?
Amazing, Bob.
What color is your wife's hijab?
I had an interesting discussion the other day with an Albanian tradesmen. Nice Muslim man. He laments the coming of communism to his country because they taught everybody the same multicultural principles that they are trying to brainwash people with in this country.

He said the Communists told everybody that they were all Albanians and that they were in it together. They should stop fighting amongst themselves based on their Catholic, Orthodox or Muslim backgrounds. The results have been the same as in this country where there has been a lot of intermarriage and people falling away from worshipping in any kind of faith.

He says the same thing I say with about religion. because people have phone away from their religion or any religion the current generation is not being taught any of the religious principles, those being with same principles you and I talk about here. And this is what he laments.

The bottom line is that everybody wants the same thing out of life and the same thing for their kids.geography explain to their figurehead is more than anything else.

By the way this guy always laughs Americans and their blended families. He said he would consider himself a failure as a father if any of his kids ever married an American given the lifestyles that pass as acceptable in this country today.

American view everything as if they are superior to the rest of the world when in fact in the eyes of most people around the world we are inferior. This is just one small example of what the rest of the world thinks.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#135 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
There really is only one main point, and they do NOT agree.
John 14:6
Jesus said to him, "I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."
So? Dave Thomas also once said he had the "best burger in the business".

Location hidden

#136 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
So? Dave Thomas also once said he had the "best burger in the business".
Are you related to che?
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#137 Jun 18, 2013
Did you know that Christians required mandatory head covering before Muslims did?

--------

what about the biblical commandments to cover?(Cor 11:1-16, 1Thess 2:15, 3:6)

In summary, the reasons St. Paul advises women to cover their heads in church are:

1. Our Lord commanded it;

2. it is a visible sign of an invisible order established by God;

3. The angels at Mass are offended if women don't use it;

4. it is a ceremonial vestment;

Location hidden

#138 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
...The bottom line is that everybody wants the same thing out of life and the same thing for their kids...
Everybody wants...?

-- female genital mutilation (FGM) for young girls
-- child marriage for girls
-- women in burqas
-- women denied equality under the law
-- gender segregation
-- men permitted to have multiple wives
-- men permitted to beat their wives
-- parents permitted to kill their children/grandchildren for family honor

Conduct a poll of American citizens...and get back to me.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#139 Jun 18, 2013
Mandatory Head covering in Orthodox church?

Technically, yes, head coverings are mandatory. However, for the sake of economy, they are often (too often) dispensed with.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 3 hr Pale Rider 6,015
Black Nebraska senator compares police to ISIS 5 hr Duke for Mayor 15
Bibi the Hypocrite 5 hr d pantz 34
Poll So who is YOUR favorite troll ?? (Feb '12) 5 hr d pantz 23
Exclusively for white people' stickers put on A... 9 hr Duke for Mayor 56
News Smoking-violation fines go unpaid (May '11) 10 hr The Captian 55
Pround Mom of 3 flaunts stretch marks 11 hr Linda 5
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web