Is Sarah Palin right sayng let Allah sort out Muslim Wars?

Created by Pamela on Jun 15, 2013

47 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes let Allah sort it out

No Europeans must fight Muslim wars

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#201 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
if you understand history you will understand that what I say is true. Everything government sponsors from college educations to home mortgages grow bigger under government sponsorship.
The church state relationship dates back to pagan times. Speaking of Macedonia, do you realize that all the monarchs who came before Philip and Alexander lived in castles in that region. Do you know what the castle was? It was effectively both their residence and City Hall. Government archives were housed in those Castles as well as our archives relating to the state religion, which was obviously paganism at the time.
There is no question that the reason that we're Christian is because of Constantine and because the Christianity became the state religion of the Roman Empire spreading Westward. It did not spread East because the government did not adopt Christianity to the east.
And don't forget that in most nations outside of America the state religion gets a government stipend. Whenever government throw some money at something it grows and that's how Christianity grew, not to mention the fact that the church is considered a monarchy at itself and at various times in history it was the state, as in the Papal States.
Very little Christianity to the east and that's because there was very little Roman Empire to the east and what little there was of the Roman Empire was conquered by the Ottoman Empire.
God has no role at all./s

You REALLY are a big-government guy, aren'tcha Bob?

Location hidden

#202 Jun 18, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
It's crystal clear to me too, Bro. The difference is we seem to disagree about where on that spectrum you fall.
This discussion is not about me.
Unlike you, I do not pretend that all Topix threads revolve around me.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#203 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
Aside from the four GOSPEL accounts of Christ's life, written by His personal acquaintances, we have secular historical record, as follows:

CORNELIUS TACITUS
Tacitus lived from A.D. 55 to A.D. 120. He was a Roman historian and has been described as the greatest historian of Rome, noted for his integrity and moral uprightness. His most famous works are the Annals and the Histories. The Annals relate the historical narrative from Augustusí death in A.D.14 to Neroís death in A.D. 68. The Histories begin their narrative after Neroís death and finish with Domitianís death in A.D. 96. In his section describing Neroís decision to blame the fire of Rome on the Christians, Tacitus affirms that the founder of Christianity, a man he calls Chrestus (a common misspelling of Christ, which was Jesusí surname), was executed by Pilate, the procurator of Judea during the reign of the Roman emperor Tiberias. Tacitus was hostile to Christianity because in the same paragraph he describes Christusí or Christís death, he describes Christianity as a pernicious superstition. It would have therefore been in his interests to declare that Jesus had never existed, but he did not, and perhaps he did not because he could not without betraying the historical record.
Golly gee willikers I cannot think of any single reason why Tacitus, despite the fact that he characterized Christianity as a "pernicious superstition", would have admitted that a man named JC really did exist.

That is simply shocking!!!

What a hoot!!!

woof

“Hereeeeee'ssss UR Pizza”

Since: May 13

Columbus, OH

#204 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
You don't get it, do you TippyZealot?
Yes, a man named JC lived, and some events described in the Bible really did take place.
Do you think that's proof sufficient to conclude that people who adhere to any religious beliefs other than Christianity are doomed to an eternity of fire?
That really is quite a strange set of beliefs you have there.
woof
My goodness doggie boy, there are other religions I have no problem with as they harm no one.
In fact fear of an after life keeps some folks in line.

I even find your worship of corpophlia harmless even though it is revolting.

Why must you continue to defend this?

Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#205 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
This discussion is not about me.
Unlike you, I do not pretend that all Topix threads revolve around me.
Unlike you, most posters don't promote their bigoted zealotry by beating everyone over the head with a Bible.

woof

Location hidden

#206 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
You don't get it, do you TippyZealot?
Yes, a man named JC lived, and some events described in the Bible really did take place.
Do you think that's proof sufficient to conclude that people who adhere to any religious beliefs other than Christianity are doomed to an eternity of fire?
That really is quite a strange set of beliefs you have there.
woof
History and archaeology prove Jesus' existence and death.
Josephus even referenced Jesus' resurrection.

The Bible, as a set of ancient manuscripts, is considered the gold standard when it comes to preservation. As such, there is every reason to believe the words contained therein.

When an average citizen dies, the world does not long remember him.
In fact, only his family and close friends do.

The death of a 33-year-old Jewish carpenter from a tiny town in ancient Israel, however, has impacted the entire world from the 1st to the 21st century.

Yes, even the Quran mentions Jesus Christ.
Note, however, that God's Word never foretold of a great prophet named Mohammed.

Again, Good vs. Evil is crystal clear.

Location hidden

#207 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Unlike you, most posters don't promote their bigoted zealotry by beating everyone over the head with a Bible.
woof
If you are going to insist that I am a bigoted Christian zealot, then it is only fair that you admit that you are a bigoted anti-Christian zealot.

See how that works?

I reference the Word of God to answer your questions concerning Him, and concerning my faith.

What other text would I use?

That you consider it "beating everyone over the head" speaks to your attitude. Not mine.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#208 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
If you are going to insist that I am a bigoted Christian zealot, then it is only fair that you admit that you are a bigoted anti-Christian zealot.
See how that works?
I reference the Word of God to answer your questions concerning Him, and concerning my faith.
What other text would I use?
That you consider it "beating everyone over the head" speaks to your attitude. Not mine.
You're not getting it Tippy. I'm not an anti Christian bigot.

I'm an anti zealot.

I don't care about your faith. Feel free to have it.

But when the expressions of your faith, or anyone else's, start approaching the line where they infringe upon the rights of others to practice whatever religious beliefs they choose, without fear, that's when I get an attitude.

You're no more special than a child born in Indonesia, or India, or Afghanistan, or anywhere.

Just another human, that's all you are. That's all we all are, regardless of religion.

You're foolish to think otherwise, but you go right ahead.

woof
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#209 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
God has no role at all./s
You REALLY are a big-government guy, aren'tcha Bob?
Then why did God's role only extend to the former territories of the Roman Empire and the territories conquered by it:s successors? Why didn't God's hand spread "the word" to the east and south? Or does God not like dark skinned and slaahnt eyed peoples? don't forget,( Christianity was already in Africa via Rome. Why did God's hand not spread it to the rest of Africa?)

Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a God. I not only believe it with all my being, but I have also seen and experienced him at work (long story). I don't necessarily believe, however, that the Christian Bible is anything but one interpretation of this phenomenon. Furthermore I also believe that it's built on previous religions that preceded it and the related rituals of those previous religions.

Just look at the world population. Hard for me to believe that 2/3 of the world's population is forever doomed just because they didn't grow up inside the remnants of the Roman Empire.

Location hidden

#210 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not getting it Tippy. I'm not an anti Christian bigot.
I'm an anti zealot.
I don't care about your faith. Feel free to have it.
But when the expressions of your faith, or anyone else's, start approaching the line where they infringe upon the rights of others to practice whatever religious beliefs they choose, without fear, that's when I get an attitude.
You're no more special than a child born in Indonesia, or India, or Afghanistan, or anywhere.
Just another human, that's all you are. That's all we all are, regardless of religion.
You're foolish to think otherwise, but you go right ahead.
woof
Where did I state I was "more special" than anyone else?
Again, your comment is reflective of your attitude -- not mine.

Where have I infringed upon the rights of others to practice their faith, or non-faith, as the case may be?

I will continue to defend my rights [and yours!] to our constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms...as against the theopolitical system known as Islam, which maintains its membership via threat of death and which seeks to subjugate all other laws and cultures to its own.

No one can study the tenets of Christianity and Islam, and declare their moral equivalency.

Location hidden

#211 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Then why did God's role only extend to the former territories of the Roman Empire and the territories conquered by it:s successors? Why didn't God's hand spread "the word" to the east and south? Or does God not like dark skinned and slaahnt eyed peoples? don't forget,( Christianity was already in Africa via Rome. Why did God's hand not spread it to the rest of Africa?)
Don't get me wrong, I believe there is a God. I not only believe it with all my being, but I have also seen and experienced him at work (long story). I don't necessarily believe, however, that the Christian Bible is anything but one interpretation of this phenomenon. Furthermore I also believe that it's built on previous religions that preceded it and the related rituals of those previous religions.
Just look at the world population. Hard for me to believe that 2/3 of the world's population is forever doomed just because they didn't grow up inside the remnants of the Roman Empire.
Bob, you are so biased and uninformed that it's difficult to know where to start.
But, look it up -- currently, the growth of Christianity is highest in Africa.

http://www.christianpost.com/news/fastest-gro...

"Already, there's a small movement sending African clergy to Europe to re-evangelise people there. The centre of gravity of Christianity is shifting to the south," he continued.

Consider that.

Location hidden

#212 Jun 18, 2013
http://www.christianpost.com/news/christianit...

"As I travel," says author and journalist Philip Yancey, "I have observed a pattern, a strange historical phenomenon of God 'moving' geographically from the Middle East, to Europe to North America to the developing world. My theory is this: God goes where He's wanted."

If Yancey's supposition is correct, it would explain a lot, because Christianity does seem to be waning in the West -- especially in Europe. In an article for The New York Times, writer Frank Bruni says that "Europe already seems more and more like a series of tourist-trod monuments to Christianity's past. Hardly a month goes by when [Pope John Paul II] does not publicly bemoan that fact, beseeching Europeans to rediscover their faith."

"In Western Europe, we are hanging on by our fingernails. The fact is that Europe is no longer Christian," Rev. David Cornick, the general secretary of the United Reformed Church in Britain, says.

Secularism deserves much of the blame, say some Christian leaders, including the pope, who has complained that the proposed constitution for the European Union completely omits any reference to God or the continent's Christian past.

So much for your "European secular-Christian" tradition.
The Muslims will eat you alive.
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#213 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did I state I was "more special" than anyone else?
Again, your comment is reflective of your attitude -- not mine.
Where have I infringed upon the rights of others to practice their faith, or non-faith, as the case may be?
I will continue to defend my rights [and yours!] to our constitutionally-guaranteed freedoms...as against the theopolitical system known as Islam, which maintains its membership via threat of death and which seeks to subjugate all other laws and cultures to its own.
No one can study the tenets of Christianity and Islam, and declare their moral equivalency.
You believe Muslims are inherently evil, solely because they are Muslims.

You believe that you, solely because of your Christianity, are God's chosen.

You don't believe in the Constitution. It provides Muslims the right to practice their religion, without interference.

You're a bigoted, Christian zealot. A nutball.

woof
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#214 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong. They are pretty much exactly the same. They both teach chastity, morality, good works, judgment in the afterlife, a monotheistic creator, etc.

What is different are the rituals, the dogma and the outward trappings and the dogma such as the nature of the trinity or whether Jesus was a God or a prophet or not.(They both agree Mary was a virgin, however.)

It's like a VCR ... who cares if you buy a Sony Betamax or a Panasonic VHS? They both do the same thing and give you the same results.

Likewise, the average person doesn't go around obsessing everyday over the trinity.

It's amazing that practically every chart you see on the internet comparing the religions makes the comparisons based on these stupidities. THAT'S WHAT COUNTS, not minutae.

I have yet to see any comparison that compares how people are taught to live in everyday life and what values they are raised to have. Having some experience with these people, Christians might be surprised that from this standpoint they are far more Christian than Christians are.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#215 Jun 18, 2013
-tip- wrote:
<quoted text>
Bob, you are so biased and uninformed that it's difficult to know where to start.
But, look it up -- currently, the growth of Christianity is highest in Africa.
Hahahaha - Stupid protestant missionaries seeking converts. I'm talking an organic, historic presence woven into the cultural fabric of society like what you see in Ethiopia or Erithrea.

Why it's not there? Because the Roman Empire wasn't there to make it the state religion and to send tax dollars its way.

That's not biased, that's fact.

Columbus, OH

#216 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Dead wrong. They are pretty much exactly the same. They both teach chastity, morality, good works, judgment in the afterlife, a monotheistic creator, etc.
What is different are the rituals, the dogma and the outward trappings and the dogma such as the nature of the trinity or whether Jesus was a God or a prophet or not.(They both agree Mary was a virgin, however.)
It's like a VCR ... who cares if you buy a Sony Betamax or a Panasonic VHS? They both do the same thing and give you the same results.
Likewise, the average person doesn't go around obsessing everyday over the trinity.
It's amazing that practically every chart you see on the internet comparing the religions makes the comparisons based on these stupidities. THAT'S WHAT COUNTS, not minutae.
I have yet to see any comparison that compares how people are taught to live in everyday life and what values they are raised to have. Having some experience with these people, Christians might be surprised that from this standpoint they are far more Christian than Christians are.
ya butt wipe we get it already.

You hate Jews luv ragboys.

Do your gay disco dance to the U tube video.
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#217 Jun 18, 2013
Free Pizza 4 U wrote:
<quoted text>
ya butt wipe we get it already.
Can't handle the truth? Listen from the keyboard of an educated Muslim. If you know any Turks, by the way, you will know this rings true:

--------

Post 1: i think it is so funny that people in the west think celibacy before marriage is outdated because in all of the muslim world- it is still very prevalent. the younger generations have started some semblance of dating but most of these couples don't do much more than fool around before getting married. open your eyes- there is a big world out there and so many different ways to do things with.

Post 2: I was raised muslim and grew up in 4 different middle eastern countries. In all my years living abroad I didn't once hear of anyone having premarital sex. Its important to consider that the social circles I travelled in were very wealthy, well-educated and "westernized" and thus called liberal muslims. The liberalization of muslims is very interesting in that they do take in elements of western culture such as education and relative gender equity but they always seem to stop short at sex. This class of the muslim population doesn't adhere to the old school social order where men and women are segregated. Men and women work along side each other, form close friendships and even date! While they may fool around and partake in romantic gestures- sexual activity is reserved solely for after marriage. From what I have seen and the discussions I have had, muslims- especially those who are educated look at western sexual culture in a very negative light. What we perceive sexual liberation as modern and progressive they view our casual sexual dalliances as primitive and borderline barbarian. That westerners can't keep their libidos in check is looked upon as a serious lack in decency, sophistication and civility.

Post 3: Yeah. I always find it so funny how casually my american friends think of sex and more importantly, how they genuinely believe celibacy or being a virgin by choice is such a supremely outdated and primitive idea. Hardly! So many liberal muslims in the U.S who party, drink, do drugs, are borderline atheists who don't practice their religion even come to a stop at sex. They do date and mingle with the opposite sex without any reservation but don't do as far as have casual sexual dalliances. I know some muslim-americans who do have pre-marital sex but only with the person they seriously intend to marry. Its not even a religious or spiritual choice- just a personal preference having been raised aware of the lax western and strict western views on sex. They seem to inherently believe that waiting to have sex is a smart choice- personal, emotional, intellectual lifestyle, values compatibility is the foundation of a strong romantic union and sex is the last step towards ultimate intimacy.*shrug*
Enzyte Bob

Reynoldsburg, OH

#218 Jun 18, 2013
REPEAT: From what I have seen and the discussions I have had, muslims- especially those who are educated look at western sexual culture in a very negative light. What we perceive sexual liberation as modern and progressive they view our casual sexual dalliances as primitive and borderline barbarian. That westerners can't keep their libidos in check is looked upon as a serious lack in decency, sophistication and civility.

Location hidden

#219 Jun 18, 2013
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
You believe Muslims are inherently evil, solely because they are Muslims.
You believe that you, solely because of your Christianity, are God's chosen.
You don't believe in the Constitution. It provides Muslims the right to practice their religion, without interference.
You're a bigoted, Christian zealot. A nutball.
woof
This is the same tired argument put forth by homosexual practitioners.
That is, you and your God hate me...blah, blah, blah.

In their case, God loves them but condemns their same-sex behaviors as sinful.

In the case of Muslims, God loves them but condemns their worship of a false god, as evidenced by the atrocities committed in his name from the 7th century forward, as sinful.

In other words, the practices of homosexuality and Islam are inherently evil because they contradict God's Word. But God loves and calls the practitioners to freedom from their bondage to sin through faith in Jesus Christ.

Finally, since you refuse to acknowledge that Islam is a theopolitical system hellbent on the destruction of the freedom-loving West...then take what Karl often says to heart:

The U.S. Constitution is not a suicide pact.

We freedom-lovers will see to that.

Columbus, OH

#220 Jun 18, 2013
Enzyte Bob wrote:
<quoted text>
Can't handle the truth? Listen from the keyboard of an educated Muslim. If you know any Turks, by the way, you will know this rings true:
--------
Post 1: i think it is so funny that people in the west think celibacy before marriage is outdated because in all of the muslim world- it is still very prevalent. the younger generations have started some semblance of dating but most of these couples don't do much more than fool around before getting married. open your eyes- there is a big world out there and so many different ways to do things with.
Post 2: I was raised muslim and grew up in 4 different middle eastern countries. In all my years living abroad I didn't once hear of anyone having premarital sex. Its important to consider that the social circles I travelled in were very wealthy, well-educated and "westernized" and thus called liberal muslims. The liberalization of muslims is very interesting in that they do take in elements of western culture such as education and relative gender equity but they always seem to stop short at sex. This class of the muslim population doesn't adhere to the old school social order where men and women are segregated. Men and women work along side each other, form close friendships and even date! While they may fool around and partake in romantic gestures- sexual activity is reserved solely for after marriage. From what I have seen and the discussions I have had, muslims- especially those who are educated look at western sexual culture in a very negative light. What we perceive sexual liberation as modern and progressive they view our casual sexual dalliances as primitive and borderline barbarian. That westerners can't keep their libidos in check is looked upon as a serious lack in decency, sophistication and civility.
Post 3: Yeah. I always find it so funny how casually my american friends think of sex and more importantly, how they genuinely believe celibacy or being a virgin by choice is such a supremely outdated and primitive idea. Hardly! So many liberal muslims in the U.S who party, drink, do drugs, are borderline atheists who don't practice their religion even come to a stop at sex. They do date and mingle with the opposite sex without any reservation but don't do as far as have casual sexual dalliances. I know some muslim-americans who do have pre-marital sex but only with the person they seriously intend to marry. Its not even a religious or spiritual choice- just a personal preference having been raised aware of the lax western and strict western views on sex. They seem to inherently believe that waiting to have sex is a smart choice- personal, emotional, intellectual lifestyle, values compatibility is the foundation of a strong romantic union and sex is the last step towards ultimate intimacy.*shrug*
hahahaha

http://www.sfgate.com/opinion/brinkley/articl...

I know you love the rag boys and by that I do mean the rag BOYS.

Why don't you just come out of the closet pedophile?

You are a disgrace to your proclaimed religion and frankly a disgrace to humanity.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 12 min xxxrayted 31,203
Two fish were swimming upstream.... 14 min Catman Dave 204
Where are all the original legacy posters? 1 hr tranpsosition 250
New Columbus Reading Program Aims To Get Books ... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 8
where is George of Hilliard? 2 hr Duke for Mayor 40
Gotta Love that Palin Charm 2 hr Duke for Mayor 13
Somali immigrants fight for improvements to Nor... 2 hr They cannot kill ... 4
•••
Columbus Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Columbus Jobs