Three Nights of Brooklyn Riots...No MSM Coverage

Posted in the Columbus Forum

“Larchmont's Leading Citizen”

Since: Dec 12

Hilliard, OH

#1 Mar 14, 2013
Enraged protesters battle cops in Brooklyn streets during third night of rioting after it's revealed that 16-year-old Kimani Gray was shot in the back
As fights between cops and angry teens erupted in East Flatbush, 46 were arrested Wednesday night. Police struggled to control a furious crowd that broke away from a planned peaceful vigil.

Protesters enraged over the fatal shooting of a teenager by police poured into Brooklyn streets for a third straight night Wednesday, pitching bricks, bottles and garbage in furious clashes with cops.

At least 46 demonstrators were arrested along Church Ave. in East Flatbush. Police struggled to control a hostile crowd that broke away from a planned peaceful vigil for Kimani (Kiki) Gray, 16, killed by police on Saturday night.

Gray’s sister Mahnefeh was among those arrested. A police officer suffered a gash in the face when a tossed brick hit him, NYPD spokesman Paul Browne said, and a window was smashed in an inspector’s car.

“They didn’t have to kill him,” Makaeo Williams, 18, said as police on motorcycles tracked alongside him.“I’m feeling mad inside. I’m angry. That’s why I’m out here.”

Many in the community contest police allegations that Gray pointed a gun at cops when he was shot during a confrontation with two plainclothes officers on E. 52nd St. Saturday night. Those suspicions on the street intensified Wednesday when an autopsy report revealed Gray was hit by seven bullets — three to the back.

It was not clear in what order the shots struck the teen or whether he had his back to the police when they opened fire.

A witness told the Daily News Tuesday that the youth did not have a gun in his hand. But a police spokesman said the witness told detectives she couldn’t see the incident clearly “from the angle I was at.”

A woman who identified herself as Gray’s cousin told news outlets Wednesday that the teen was carrying a gun for a friend and was trying to alert cops that he had a weapon when he was shot. A loaded .38-caliber revolver was recovered at the scene.

The trouble Wednesday night began soon after more than 200 people set off from the vigil site at Church Ave. and E. 55th St. around 8:30 p.m.

Dozens chanted “NYPD, KKK, how many kids did you kill today” as they marched west on Church Ave. toward the 67th Precinct stationhouse.

But things quickly got out of hand as some protesters tried to climb on police motorcycles. Men and women were pepper-sprayed and thrown to the ground and handcuffed.

“I’m scared for everything, myself, my store, my workers,” said Salm Sami, 45, who owns the Deli, Grill & Grocery at Church and New York Aves.“This is three days of this.”

The protesters eventually backtracked to the vigil site where the parents of Ramarley Graham — an unarmed teenager fatally shot by police in the Bronx last year — were waiting.“It never seems to end,” said Frank Graham, Ramarley’s father.“The community has a right to be angry.”

But City Councilman Jumaane Williams, a frequent NYPD critic, blasted outsiders who he said escalated tensions.“Please stay the HELL out of our community will only agitate our kids,” Williams fumed on Twitter.“It’s dangerous and counterproductive.” "

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/7-nypd-bu...
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#3 Mar 14, 2013

Hilliard, OH

#4 Mar 14, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
NBC New York = WNBC Channel 4, New York. LOCAL.
Newsday = Long Island Newsday. LOCAL.
New York Times = Tri-State metro edition. LOCAL.
UPI = Wire Service. They report on car crashes that kill a single person.
CNN = Unwatched international cable outlet.
HuffPo = Blog.

You're one for six, a-hole.

Now, where are ABC, CBS and NBC?
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#5 Mar 14, 2013
Hugh Victor Thompson III wrote:
<quoted text>
NBC New York = WNBC Channel 4, New York. LOCAL.
Newsday = Long Island Newsday. LOCAL.
New York Times = Tri-State metro edition. LOCAL.
UPI = Wire Service. They report on car crashes that kill a single person.
CNN = Unwatched international cable outlet.
HuffPo = Blog.
You're one for six, a-hole.
Now, where are ABC, CBS and NBC?
All part of your evil mainstream media. Give it a rest. The article you cited is from the MSM for Pete's sake.

Hilliard, OH

#6 Mar 14, 2013
Che Reagan Christ wrote:
<quoted text>
All part of your evil mainstream media. Give it a rest. The article you cited is from the MSM for Pete's sake.
LOCAL. The NY Daily News is as local as it gets in that city.

Apparently, you need some schooling:

Mainstream media (MSM) are those media disseminated via the largest distribution channels, which therefore represent what the majority of media consumers are likely to encounter. The term also denotes those media generally reflective of the prevailing currents of thought, influence, or activity.[1]

Large news conglomerates, including newspapers and broadcast media, which underwent successive mergers in the U.S. and elsewhere at an increasing rate beginning in the 1990s, are often referenced by the term. This concentration of media ownership has raised concerns of a homogenization of viewpoints presented to news consumers. Consequently, the term mainstream media has been widely used in conversation and the blogosphere, often in oppositional, pejorative, or dismissive senses, in discussion of the mass media and media bias.

Media organizations such as CBS and the New York Times set the tone for other smaller news organizations by creating conversations which cascade down to the smaller news organizations lacking the resources to do more individual research and coverage, that primary method being through the Associated Press where many news organizations get their news. This results in a recycling effect wherein organic thought is left to the mainstream that choose the conversation and smaller organizations recite absent of a variance in perspective.[1]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mainstream_media

Since: Dec 11

Middletown, OH

#7 Mar 14, 2013
Sez the hood folk. He was carrying a gun for his friend and was trying to show it to police......problem is these half wits think the rest of us are as dense as they are. They have no concept of how stupid they are.
And his sister Mahnefah........ "news at eleven".

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#9 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text> Apparently, you need some schooling:
Oh, what he needs goes far beyond just schooling.
Che Reagan Christ

Lodi, OH

#10 Mar 14, 2013
Seriouslady wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, what he needs goes far beyond just schooling.
You can't stop thinking about me. You are obsessed. I'm taken, sweetie. Sorry.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#11 Mar 14, 2013
Go to Brooklyn yourself and report back to us. Tell the world!

Hilliard, OH

#12 Mar 14, 2013
Big Johnson wrote:
Go to Brooklyn yourself and report back to us. Tell the world!
Still waiting for Black Rhino to check in. I think he might be one of the rioters. Between this Ashtray wannabe getting popped and a new Pope I figure he's either on one long bender or chanting "No Justice, No Peace!" Maybe he's enjoying the deluxe triple occupancy suite at Riker's Island.
VADoc

Aiken, SC

#13 Mar 14, 2013
Ummm if you flash a gun at police it's not going to end well. No matter what your race.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#14 Mar 14, 2013
<quoted text>Still waiting for Black Rhino to check in. I think he might be one of the rioters. Between this Ashtray wannabe getting popped and a new Pope I figure he's either on one long bender or chanting "No Justice, No Peace!" Maybe he's enjoying the deluxe triple occupancy suite at Riker's Island.
He's a card all right!

A race card!

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#15 Mar 15, 2013
Kids sometimes don't think. But they shot him in the back with three of the bullets, I wonder if the other four were somewhere on the back side also, like his head arms and legs?
Lothar

Cincinnati, OH

#16 Mar 15, 2013
All of the flash mobs robbing business vendors are black kids.

They are also the punks behind happy slapping, sucker punching people on the street as a gang initiation stunt.

The black punks coordinate their robberies using online social media.

http://violentflashmobs.com/

Since: Jan 12

Columbus, OH

#17 Mar 15, 2013
Lothar wrote:
All of the flash mobs robbing business vendors are black kids.
They are also the punks behind happy slapping, sucker punching people on the street as a gang initiation stunt.
The black punks coordinate their robberies using online social media.
http://violentflashmobs.com/
Then the city and businesses need to fight fire with fire! Hire some older felons to put the fear of death in them lil punks. That's the only way to stop them...six ex-thugs in their late 20's armed with batons and pepper spray!
VADoc

United States

#19 Mar 15, 2013
WISE AMERICAN wrote:
Kids sometimes don't think. But they shot him in the back with three of the bullets, I wonder if the other four were somewhere on the back side also, like his head arms and legs?
And sometimes there are consequences to our actions. Severe ones. Fatal ones.

Could be the first four hit him on the torso and spun him as he was falling. Police shoot until the threat is neutralized. Could be they just unloaded on a black teen with a gun running away. Who knows. Ill wait to hear the facts. Still doesn't change the fact that if you pull a gun on cops you probably aren't getting a warning.

Middletown, OH

#20 Mar 15, 2013
It'll probably calm down, it's friday and the malt liquor is flowin.

Middletown, OH

#21 Mar 15, 2013
Hoodies lookin to channel anger into Barry White and make some mo

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Illegal Immigrants On NC Voter Rolls 8 min Duke for Mayor 5
Autopsy, toxicology report on Michael Brown 21 min d pantz 136
Weinlard Park residents show neighborhood pride... 1 hr They cannot kill ... 2
President Ebola 2 hr d pantz 700
Jury returns guilty verdict in gang-related sla... 3 hr Sterkfontein Swar... 2
City to consider measures to reduce plastic bag... 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Snapchat 5 hr Big Johnson 5
Columbus Dating
Find my Match

Columbus Jobs