Conquering the doctor shortage

Conquering the doctor shortage

There are 10 comments on the The Marion Star story from Feb 8, 2014, titled Conquering the doctor shortage. In it, The Marion Star reports that:

America already doesn't have enough doctors, with a shortage of 45,000 forecast by 2020.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Marion Star.

They cannot kill a Spook

Toledo, OH

#1 Feb 8, 2014
Osama care will make it worse. Who will want to be a doctor and not make any money at it.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#2 Feb 8, 2014
Better yet, who in their right mind would go a half million to a million dollars in debt for school with no viable way to ever pay it back? I have two friends who are physicians who are thinking hard about retiring instead of working under barrycare for the next 15 years.
race pimp

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 8, 2014
One of obama's ideas is to take 200 crack wh_ores from each of the country's ghettos and deem them witch doctors, claiming they are part of his stimulus programs. Also, since everything is gay gay gay with these deviants the half of the conscripted crack wh_ores will be males.
They cannot kill a Spook

United States

#4 Feb 8, 2014
race pimp wrote:
One of obama's ideas is to take 200 crack wh_ores from each of the country's ghettos and deem them witch doctors, claiming they are part of his stimulus programs. Also, since everything is gay gay gay with these deviants the half of the conscripted crack wh_ores will be males.
Looks like I will be going to a vet rather than an HIV infected fist-a-thon participant
race pimp

Columbus, OH

#5 Feb 8, 2014
They cannot kill a Spook wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like I will be going to a vet rather than an HIV infected fist-a-thon participant
You sir, are a genius. No way in hell will you find a NAPA near a vet's clinic. They're afraid to be mistake as rabid.

“Tenured Marxist Radical”

Since: Jan 13

Ivy League-ISIS

#6 Feb 8, 2014
Approx 300 law schools, 150 medical schools

Want to know why health care is screwed up...
John Booke

Longmeadow, MA

#7 Feb 9, 2014
We have too many doctors. What we need are more medical case managers to prevent doctors from providing unnecessary treatments and tests. There are many more doctors in the top 1% than there are lawyers. Last year there were a record number of applicants for US medical school enrollment.
Whoa

Chillicothe, OH

#8 Feb 9, 2014
dpx55 wrote:
Better yet, who in their right mind would go a half million to a million dollars in debt for school with no viable way to ever pay it back? I have two friends who are physicians who are thinking hard about retiring instead of working under barrycare for the next 15 years.
I have heard people complain about how much a doctor charges for everything from office visits to surgerys that save lives and could never figure out why. People watch all the different sports and see how much the pro players are paid---outlandish with no cost for years of college and yet they don't complain about their pay or how much a fan pays to get into a game---Crazy! I'd rather pay a doctor to help me have better health or save my life --surgeons deserve the money the athletes are making!
Duke for Mayor

Akron, OH

#9 Feb 9, 2014
-The-Artist- wrote:
Approx 300 law schools, 150 medical schools
Want to know why health care is screwed up...
Why?

woof
Reality Speaks

Columbus, OH

#10 Feb 10, 2014
Duke for Mayor wrote:
<quoted text>
Why?
woof
Tort reform lowers healthcare costs by 1/3rd.

That is why.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Liberal War on Christians and Christmas Continu... 16 min They cannot kill ... 8
Trump endangers relations with China 20 min They cannot kill ... 4
144 Companies in 25 Different Countries 26 min They cannot kill ... 204
Trump's Adult families to get Welfare for Secre... 30 min GrowUp 23
Hoax lawsuit against Trump dropped.. 31 min Said she was 13-wow 12
God Help Us. Drumpf Is Clueless, And Impeachab... 46 min They cannot kill ... 31
Anthony Fremont "Drumpf" 2 hr Duke for Mayor 1
Trump the Crook/Liar 6 hr Reality Speaks 188
News Anti-Trump protesters march to Ohio Statehouse 6 hr Duke for Mayor 62

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages