Comments
1 - 4 of 4 Comments Last updated Jun 14, 2013

“animis opibusque parati”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#1 Jun 13, 2013
NFLPA Selling LGBT Pride Shirts

by Luke Funk, myfoxny . com

The union that represents NFL players has launched a line of LGBT pride shirts.

The NFL Players Association announced the launch on Wednesday in conjunction with LGBT Pride Month, which is June.

One Team Pride shirts feature the name and jersey number of an NFL player, including: Brendon Ayanbadejo, Connor Barwin, Domonique Foxworth, Scott Fujita, Steve Gleason, Chris Gocong, Chris Kluwe, Donté Stallworth, Terrell Suggs and Eric Winston.

The organization says the goal is to raise awareness around important issues of respect and acceptance.

“I am extremely proud to be a part of this collaboration between Athlete Ally and the NFLPA’s One Team Shop to raise awareness both of Pride Month and the issue of tolerance and respect within the NFL itself,” said Chris Kluwe, punter for the Oakland Raiders.“As players, we are role models to a wide variety of people.”

The shirts are for sale at the One Team Shop website.

All net proceeds will go to Athlete Ally, a non-profit organization that fights homophobia in sports.

“Athlete Ally is a proud partner in this effort as the NFLPA makes clear to all of its players that the union supports and welcomes them, regardless of sexual orientation, and to all LGBT fans that they are respected,” said Hudson Taylor, Founder and Executive Director of Athlete Ally.

Since: Apr 13

Hilliard, OH

#2 Jun 13, 2013
Bread and Circuses...the infiltration is nearly complete.

“Where did I put my tiara?”

Since: Dec 11

Columbus, OH

#3 Jun 13, 2013
As long as they try it on in the correct dressing room.
Oliver Canterberry

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 14, 2013
NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell's brother Michael is openly gay and he often defended him from "bullies" while growing up. Goodell is a strong advocate for gay rights and is pushing the gay agenda in the NFL just like Obama is pushing his gay agenda in America. Goodell would like for an active NFL player to come out as an open homosexual like Jason Collins in the NBA but so far none have.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
welfare nation 7 min Pope Che Reagan C... 5
Franklin County Court System 10 min evil in the courts 4
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 16 min Pope Che Reagan C... 30,476
RIP Joan Rivers 50 min They cannot kill ... 12
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 1 hr yikes 2,283
Abortion clinic vows to keep serving 1 hr Ms_Julie 13
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 2 hr scirocco 3,211
Where are all the original legacy posters? 13 hr Duke for Mayor 101
•••
•••

Columbus Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••