Ohio University gets $600,000 for res...

Ohio University gets $600,000 for research on cancer therapy | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 12 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Feb 1, 2011, titled Ohio University gets $600,000 for research on cancer therapy | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A New York company has licensed from Ohio University a new class of anti-cancer compounds that could lead to a new chemotherapy treatment for ovarian and other tumors.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

Frank stallone

Columbus, OH

#1 Feb 1, 2011
They will spend it on beer and conclude drinking is a viable cancer therapy.
Tax Payer

United States

#2 Feb 1, 2011
In other words, OU gets $600,000 for it's sports program.
Get a Clue

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 1, 2011
This money is neither going into the school's general fund nor is it going to the athletic department. The money will stay within the department that created the product. Some of you people shouldn't even be allowed to vote what with the utter lack of knowledge you display.
Carl Rogers

Marion, OH

#4 Feb 1, 2011
University President Rod McDavis will get his 10% kickback.
Reality Check

United States

#5 Feb 1, 2011
Frank stallone wrote:
They will spend it on beer and conclude drinking is a viable cancer therapy.
Frankie - did you read the article ? or on general principle you make smart a$$ comment.

Here what I retained : "The university brought in $8.2 million in royalty income in 2010, making it the top public school in the state for licensing revenue." Put that in your pipe ...
Reality Check

United States

#6 Feb 1, 2011
Carl Rogers wrote:
University President Rod McDavis will get his 10% kickback.
He might share with Governor Super K, don't you think ? Let's thank the researchers instead of impugning the institution, please!
Frank stallone

Columbus, OH

#7 Feb 1, 2011
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Frankie - did you read the article ? or on general principle you make smart **** comment.
Here what I retained : "The university brought in $8.2 million in royalty income in 2010, making it the top public school in the state for licensing revenue." Put that in your pipe ...
I prefer to make smart-a** comments.
John Blutarsky

United States

#8 Feb 1, 2011
"The university brought in $8.2 million in royalty income in 2010, making it the top public school in the state for licensing revenue."

Looks like Gordo at OSU is dropping the ball here. At least they have a better football team.
Carl Rogers

Marion, OH

#9 Feb 1, 2011
John Blutarsky wrote:
"The university brought in $8.2 million in royalty income in 2010, making it the top public school in the state for licensing revenue."
Looks like Gordo at OSU is dropping the ball here. At least they have a better football team.
Gee needs to market better to Ohio's hilljacks...OSU is slipping.
thanks

Athens, OH

#10 Feb 1, 2011
I say thanks to any researcher who can possibly help us cure or treat cancer better. Hats off to OU -- keep it up! You are doing valuable work for the sake of humanity.
Robert

Fairfield, OH

#11 Feb 1, 2011
Tax Payer wrote:
In other words, OU gets $600,000 for it's sports program.
2nd post on this topic and we already have the winner. Congrats Tax Payer!
misc stuff

Marysville, OH

#12 Feb 1, 2011
This sounds like a simple engagement for sponsored research, not a straight out license. OSU is ranked 2nd in the nation in industry sponsored research, i.e. we're talking well over $100 million, and all such projects have intellectual property/license terms. OU doesn't even come close (maybe why $600k is a big deal for them). Dispatch is mixing apples and oranges.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 8 min Astonished and Co... 1,213
News Marion police say probation, drug court too len... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 7
Are you a motorcycle guy looking for female mot... 2 hr Duke for Mayor 6
Laura Krutko either has low self esteem or low ... 3 hr landscapedude 1
News Papa John's To Pay Funeral Expenses Of Slain De... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 3
Muslims beat woman for wearing bikini French ou... 4 hr They cannot kill ... 72
Robert Krutko's new nickname, TURDKO CRAPKO OR ... 4 hr landscapedude 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages