There's HOPE for our Youth

There's HOPE for our Youth

Posted in the Columbus Forum

Me No Tea Party

Columbus, OH

#1 Jul 2, 2014
WED JUL 02, 2014 AT 02:36 AM PDT
GOP College Chairman Slams Tea Party, Resigns, And Joins The Democrats - Here's To Our Youth!

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2014/07/02/1311...

In the famous words of Jackie Gleason, "How sweet it is."
The chairman of the MFCR (Mississippi Federation of College Republicans), Evan Alvarez, has opted not only to leave his position as College GOP Chairman this week, but he is joining the Republican party's arch enemy - the Democrats. In a publicly released letter, Alvarez outlines the reasons behind his decision:

I over the last 48 hours or so, I have been in deep thought about the future of MFCR and of the Republican Party. I have come to the conclusion that I no longer want to be the leader of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans. I refuse to simply let people break the rules and think they don't have to answer for their actions, admit they were wrong, or even apologize. When I ran for Chairman in the spring, I ran to be Chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College REPUBLICANS, not the Mississippi Federation of College "Tea Partiers". Also, I believe that the Republican Party has allowed these groups of extremist to have too much of a voice and because of that, the platform of the Republican Party has shifted too far to the right in my opinion. For example, the drastic cuts on needed federal funding that these groups of Republican extremists support would leave society weak and crippled.
Secondly, their far right stance on immigration is not only ignorant, but it is cruel. After all our country is a nation of immigrants and should welcome immigrants from every country. My father was an immigrant from Cuba and came to America in 1959 because of the freedom that this nation offers. This freedom should be available to each and every individual that wants to come work hard and pursue his or her goals in America.

Finally, I believe the Republican Party has not done enough to put a stop to the hatred and cruel words and actions of the far right extremist in the party. The Republican Party consistently says they are trying to appeal to minorities, but this will never happen when we allow members of party to say cruel and ignorant things about Women, African Americans, Hispanics, and other minorities in our country. I simply cannot be apart of organization that have members who support these far right extremist views, much less be the Chairman of the organization. So in conclusion, I, Evan Alvarez, am hereby resigning my position as Chairman of the Mississippi Federation of College Republicans, as well as my membership at the Mississippi State Chapter of MFCR. This change is effective immediately!

Spoken like a true Democrat. Now my questions are:
1. How many more college students will follow the lead of Alvarez?
2. How many Republicans out there secretly agree with Alvarez but are afraid to speak out?

3. How many Republicans does it take to change a light bulb?(Answer: "They wouldn’t try. They prefer to just sit in the dark and complain that someone else isn’t changing it.")
Male

Columbus, OH

#2 Jul 2, 2014
Milton Friedman said that you can have open borders or you can have the welfare state, but you cannot have both. Here’s a video where he says this:

#t=51
HOPE is dead

Las Vegas, NV

#3 Jul 2, 2014
What hope? Even college jobs are being outsourced now. America has no choice but to become a welfare state.
Boss Hogg

United States

#4 Jul 2, 2014
I say you traitors pack up and get tha fk outta my country.
Helpful

Chicago, IL

#5 Jul 2, 2014
Boss Hogg wrote:
Hello again, Ms. Piggy. How was Comfest? haaa
d pantz

Toledo, OH

#6 Jul 2, 2014
Boss Hogg wrote:
Obama signed in the laws that made tuition cost rise with wall street markets growth conveniently in the middle of a huge recession.... http://www.salon.com/2014/06/08/colleges_are_...
So by the time we grow our economy back to the pre 2001 numbers we could be paying??? With an all time low employment (in their field) rate for grads? WEEEEEEEEEEEE!WEEEEEEEEEEE!
Male

Columbus, OH

#7 Jul 2, 2014
Yeah Boss, how was the commie fest this year?
Honky Kong

United States

#8 Jul 2, 2014
d pantz wrote:
<quoted text>Obama signed in the laws that made tuition cost rise with wall street markets growth conveniently in the middle of a huge recession.... http://www.salon.com/2014/06/08/colleges_are_...
So by the time we grow our economy back to the pre 2001 numbers we could be paying??? With an all time low employment (in their field) rate for grads? WEEEEEEEEEEEE!WEEEEEEEEEEE!
Professor? Can you show me your math projections? Karl Rove math will not be accepted.
Honky Kong

United States

#9 Jul 2, 2014
Male wrote:
Yeah Boss, how was the commie fest this year?
I was in Chicago this that weekend. Did you go?
Duke for Mayor

Columbus, OH

#10 Jul 2, 2014
The sooner the economy crashes, the better. No more handouts, your on your own libs, gays and democrats.

woof
Male

Columbus, OH

#11 Jul 3, 2014
Boss Hogg wrote:
You and your comrades want to make America like Cuba.

By the way, how was the commie fest this year?
Did you sing some good ole Pete Seeger songs, like "If I Had a Hammer, if I had a sickle?"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Now it has a name: Crossfire Hurricane 7 min Pope Che Reagan C... 107
Sean Hannity 11 min Pope Che Reagan C... 812
Red Wave! - GOP Takes Six-Point Lead in Midterm... 17 min Reality Speaks 8
Plasma donation 53 min Reality Speaks 2
News Columbus to pay $30,000 to man stomped by polic... 55 min Reality Speaks 6
NO lying about the Harry, Meghan Wedding 2 hr Reality Speaks 40
How about that Nobel Peace Prize 2 hr Reality Speaks 27

Columbus Jobs

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages