2 Killed, 2 Injured In Crash Along S....

2 Killed, 2 Injured In Crash Along S.R. 13 In Perry Co. | WBNS-...

There are 136 comments on the 10TV WBNS story from Mar 4, 2010, titled 2 Killed, 2 Injured In Crash Along S.R. 13 In Perry Co. | WBNS-.... In it, 10TV WBNS reports that:

Two people were killed Thursday morning in a crash that closed state Route 13 in rural Perry County.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at 10TV WBNS.

crazy cat lady

Cincinnati, OH

#67 Mar 4, 2010
ANOTHER SUV killing more people. Lets make all drivers of these gaint gas hogs get truck driver licenses and abide by the same rules as trucks. Or better yet fine all car makers who keep producing these pieces of Shi--!
missed

Naperville, IL

#68 Mar 4, 2010
To let most of you blaming know...these two men were leaving their 3rd shifts job in south columbus heading home to new lex....my husband and i were very close with them...they were good men...frank has left behind a wife and 6 month old son...jeremy has left behind a fiance and 2.5 month old son...their family and friends are extremely devistated....so please look past the blaming and pray for all those effected and those who are still fighting for their life
Compassionate Soul

Bowling Green, OH

#69 Mar 4, 2010
So sad wrote:
As someone who has lived in that area for all of my life, this is such an extremely sad story. I pray for the families. The accident isn't that far from the local high school. I hope no students were involved.
I doubt any students were involved considering the direction of the schools in the area. I know because I work at both of the schools on occasion. The middle and high schools begin at 7:30, and the elementary starts at 9:00. I just hope it wasn't parents. It is a dangerous stretch of road. Accidents are frequent out there. I, too, pray for those fighting for their lives and for the families of those killed today. Let's not be judgmental; we don't know, for sure, why this happened. I know of at least one other accident on that road where someone fell asleep at the wheel and went left of center. Life is so hectic and crazy these days. We do have to work to put food on the table and pay other bills, so let's not assume the worst about those involved.
Compassionate Soul

Bowling Green, OH

#70 Mar 4, 2010
Monya Robbins wrote:
My heart goes out to all of the families whose family members were involved in this crash. I disagree with calling the driver stupid. I nor anyone else who wasn't in the vehicle at the time of the collision knows what actually happened. I do however know that the driver of the Black SUV was a husband and a new father. He was loved by many and will forever be mourned. RIP all of the victims who died so tragically on such a beautiful day. P.S. Our time on earth is borrowed, tomorrow is not promised so live each day like it's the last.
Amen sister!
sister in law of one lost

Bear, DE

#71 Mar 4, 2010
first of all to all of u who r leaving the rude comments.. one of the men that passed away today was my brother in law. and they were not passing any vehicles. both boys in that vehicle had worked many hours at work the night before and were on their way home to their families and fyi... it was a very fatal accident and i pity all of you who are saying they r stupid. he had fell asleep at the wheel and this could have happened to anyone. all of you who are being rude about this accident dont know how it feels to lose a brother in law who was supposed to marry my sister and just had a child a few months ago. Karma is a bad thing and all of you whom said bad things... karma will get u
Compassionate Soul

Bowling Green, OH

#72 Mar 4, 2010
crazy cat lady wrote:
ANOTHER SUV killing more people. Lets make all drivers of these gaint gas hogs get truck driver licenses and abide by the same rules as trucks. Or better yet fine all car makers who keep producing these pieces of Shi--!
O come on! SUV's had nothing to do with this. Grow up and have some compassion and decency at a time like this. Entertain yourself somewhere else, please!
Just Think About It

Pickerington, OH

#73 Mar 4, 2010
Monya Robbins wrote:
<quoted text>
Put yourself in this families shoes. Please remember to think before you speak or type.
Just FYI, there's someone going around copying user names and then posting stupid comments with them. I'm the original "Just Think About It", and the last comment posted under my name was not made by me. I'm very sorry about what has happened, and I know there are bad drivers and good drivers everywhere.
sister in law of one lost

Bear, DE

#74 Mar 4, 2010
Just Think About It wrote:
Must have been some idiot driver from Columbus or Franklin County.
actually no they werent the driver of the suv was from perry county and the two that passed away in the suv were coming home from working a long shift... i am not going into details of what happened. it was terrible and its a very upsetting time for my family. it could have happened to anyone... but no it had to happen to my brother in law who works long shifts to take care of his family unlike some people in this world who r too lazy to get a job. show a little respect please!!
sister in law of one lost

Bear, DE

#75 Mar 4, 2010
missed wrote:
To let most of you blaming know...these two men were leaving their 3rd shifts job in south columbus heading home to new lex....my husband and i were very close with them...they were good men...frank has left behind a wife and 6 month old son...jeremy has left behind a fiance and 2.5 month old son...their family and friends are extremely devistated....so please look past the blaming and pray for all those effected and those who are still fighting for their life
thanks you!! i am a family member of jeremy's fiance and we ae very upset.. thank you for sticking up for my family!!
sheridanhighscho ol

Columbus, OH

#76 Mar 4, 2010
this is so sad and the road was blocked off for like three hours this morning. i was late for school at sheridan high school because of this. you really hate to hear about something like this happening in a perfect little town like somerset.
Ryan

Dallas, TX

#79 Mar 4, 2010
All you people are inconsiderate jerks. These two boys were on their way home from work. they have both been working a lot of overtime. odds are Frank fell asleep at the wheel. My heart goes out to both families.
New Lex 08

Marysville, OH

#80 Mar 4, 2010
cidem wrote:
When will names be released?
Frank Merckle and Jeremy Penrod. Both had baby boys, both under one year old.
He was coming home from working night shift in Columbus, about 1 hour & 15 minute drive...they believe he fell asleep at the wheel.
So for all you calling him a "stupid driver", you should feel horrible because he worked a long night and had an hour long drive back to his wife and baby boy.
New Lex 08

Marysville, OH

#81 Mar 4, 2010
crazy cat lady wrote:
ANOTHER SUV killing more people. Lets make all drivers of these gaint gas hogs get truck driver licenses and abide by the same rules as trucks. Or better yet fine all car makers who keep producing these pieces of Shi--!
The guys in the SUV were the ones killed, not the other way around. Get your facts straight.
MrJohnson

Chillicothe, OH

#82 Mar 4, 2010
I personally knew the driver of the suv Mr Merkel since he was a little kid and this is such a tragic thing to happen,my thoughts and prayers are with both of these young mens families to Mr Merkels mother and sister my prayers are with you.
But my questions is why are some many of you on here so judgemental two young men have lost their lives and ppeople are so cold harted passing judgement degrading these drivers. I have this question for all of you igornant people passing judgement on these men WHAT IF IT WERE YOUR SON OR BROTHER OR SISTER OR MOTHER OR FATHER OR FAMILY MEMBER WOULD YOU BE SAYING THESE SAME MORONIC STATEMENTS IF IT WERE YOUR FAMILY???? These were two men comming home from work off the midnight shift they werent doing anything criminal so have respect! Think it could have been your family member!!
R.I.P Frankilin!!!
MrJohnson

Chillicothe, OH

#83 Mar 4, 2010
shocked in new lexington wrote:
i really cant believe people can say negative things about this..they were great guys and some people should have sympathy and quit running their mouths..its enough that they have passed on..god we are having a rough enough time alreadty
Thank you for your post! I know Frank as a little kid and he was a great kid. I agree with you 200% and I think this would they be saying this bologna if it were their loved one?
Thanks its good to know there are some with a heart still!
MrJohnson

Chillicothe, OH

#84 Mar 4, 2010
unknown wrote:
<quoted text>
you were a witness but you are still just assuming what may have happened and now you are saying the person in the other lane should have been paying more attention to see the car come across center lane?
You can't blame the person that wasn't responsible, and you can't assume things just because you were a 'witness' if you really were one, I hope your not just one of those pathological liars who wants to feel you know something, I'm sure if you were really a witness the police would be talking to you.
and you cant say anything if you werent there!!!
MrJohnson

Chillicothe, OH

#85 Mar 4, 2010
Just Think About It wrote:
Neither of the deceased was wearing their seat belts?!? I wonder if either of them would still be alive if they had been. How sad, and I hope people will learn to make seat belt wearing second nature.
Do you honestly think after seeing those pics posted that a seat belt would have made a diffrence!
hmm

Springfield, OH

#86 Mar 4, 2010
texting by chance?
We should never assume

United States

#87 Mar 4, 2010
Those lost today were two hard working dads that were going from finishing 3rd shift. They worked any overtime they could to provide for loved ones who are now sadly without them. If all of us worked as hard and loved as much as the ones who passed today, the world would be a much better place.
MrJohnson

Chillicothe, OH

#88 Mar 4, 2010
MrJohnson wrote:
I personally knew the driver of the suv Mr Merkel since he was a little kid and this is such a tragic thing to happen,my thoughts and prayers are with both of these young mens families to Mr Merkels mother and sister my prayers are with you.
But my questions is why are some many of you on here so judgemental two young men have lost their lives and ppeople are so cold harted passing judgement degrading these drivers. I have this question for all of you igornant people passing judgement on these men WHAT IF IT WERE YOUR SON OR BROTHER OR SISTER OR MOTHER OR FATHER OR FAMILY MEMBER WOULD YOU BE SAYING THESE SAME MORONIC STATEMENTS IF IT WERE YOUR FAMILY???? These were two men comming home from work off the midnight shift they werent doing anything criminal so have respect! Think it could have been your family member!!
R.I.P Frank!!!
Ans I need to add along with his mom and sister His wife and the baby who wont get to know the great guy your dad was, it had been about 10 years since i last seen frank and apoligize because i never knew he was married. My prayers are with both of these mens families!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ziggy Stardust & The Spiders From Mars 3 hr Big Johnson 16
T Minus 4 3 2 1 ,,,, | Mueller Gone! 4 hr Duke for Mayor 1,383
President's Day news: James Buchanan moves up 4 hr Duke for Mayor 11
News Eastland Mall, at 50, remains popular among nei... 5 hr Michael B Coleman 2
Russian Involvement 5 hr Duke for Mayor 7
Where Next Mass Shooting? 5 hr They cannot kill ... 2
Peter Kurto Columbus Industries 6 hr STFU 14

Columbus Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages