OSU band alumni group still wants Wat...

OSU band alumni group still wants Waters rehiredOSU band alumni group ...

There are 7 comments on the News Journal story from Aug 7, 2014, titled OSU band alumni group still wants Waters rehiredOSU band alumni group .... In it, News Journal reports that:

OSU band alumni group still wants Waters rehired Alumni association looking into investigation that led to firing Check out this story on mansfieldnewsjournal.com: http://ohne.ws/1nsPutr In this Sept.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Journal.

DISAPPOINTED OSU ALUM

Chillicothe, OH

#1 Aug 7, 2014
All I have heard is that the parent of one FORMER band member made the only complaint that has ever been filed against the Band Director. Based on that ONE complaint, an investigation was launched. We are now hearing, from the very few of those interviewed during the investigation, that their interviews were taken out of contest or outright falsefications. The immediate firing of the Band Director, based on this obviously flawed investigation, leaves too many unanswered questions. The biggest one for me is, could this somehow race related? I have been told the complaintant was black, the investigator was black, we know the OSU President is black and I understand that a black candidate is waiting in the wings to be the next Band Director.

I and my family have long been supporters of OSU, buying season tickets and making contributions BUT THAT WILL HALT IMMEDIATEDLY! When the smoke clears, we will reconsider our stand.
Michigan fan

Columbus, OH

#3 Aug 7, 2014
Waters would have to be pretty hard up to accept reinstatement after being fired without a chance to defend himself.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#4 Aug 7, 2014
Michigan fan wrote:
Waters would have to be pretty hard up to accept reinstatement after being fired without a chance to defend himself.
Not to worry he will get a big fat check from The Ohio State University like Jim O'Brien did a couple of years in court but the check had interest and attorney fees added to it.
DISAPPOINTED OSU ALUM

Chillicothe, OH

#5 Aug 13, 2014
The OSU President confirmed to the media today that there will be no consideration given to reinstating the Band Director. He also confirmed that the current Invesigation being led by Betty Montgomery will not reinvestigate what has already been investigated. Here comes the lawsuit. The sad part is that the real loser is the taxpayers who must now pay for the mistakes being made by OSU and its so-called leadership.
They cannot kill a Spook

Taylor, MI

#6 Aug 14, 2014
DISAPPOINTED OSU ALUM wrote:
The OSU President confirmed to the media today that there will be no consideration given to reinstating the Band Director. He also confirmed that the current Invesigation being led by Betty Montgomery will not reinvestigate what has already been investigated. Here comes the lawsuit. The sad part is that the real loser is the taxpayers who must now pay for the mistakes being made by OSU and its so-called leadership.
We as taxpayers need to be on the Governor and State house to cut funding to The Ohio State University until the president is fired.
E-Bob

Detroit, MI

#8 Aug 14, 2014
Michael Drake = Karen Holbrook II
discover michigan

Marion, OH

#9 Jan 7, 2016
he really should appologize to the buckeye nay shun.......Beachizz!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ohio School Prayer Ballot Issue Rejected 1 hr Hugh Jasol 4
News Clinton, in Columbus speech today, to slam Trum... 3 hr Pope Che Reagan C... 91
Funny fn picture 3 hr They cannot kill ... 4
News Air Quality Alert Issued For June 25 in Central... 4 hr UTrashy 4
News Former Dispatch publisher John F. Wolfe dies at 72 4 hr ARRAR 6
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 6 hr over 20 years 1,315
Is Donald Trump Campaign Falling Apart? 7 hr They cannot kill ... 86
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Columbus Mortgages