Casual Observer

Columbus, OH

#876 Jul 29, 2014
This cult is so crafty that they will assume another person's username, then post comments to a forum criticizing Xenos using that stolen username. "The proof is in the pudding."
Old-timer

Columbus, OH

#877 Jul 29, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
This cult is so crafty that they will assume another person's username, then post comments to a forum criticizing Xenos using that stolen username. "The proof is in the pudding."

7 billion people on this planet can mimic your username on this forum. Bored people can do anything ... they are bored ... & have time to impersonate people on public forums like this – but thanks for pointing it out. I have been involved in Xenos since 1986. If we found out that someone assumed another person's username, we would reprimand them for that!!!
Curmudgeon

Savannah, GA

#879 Jul 29, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
What is God's plan for those who spend their lives in horrendous circumstances from birth to death? How about entire countries who are starving while politicians and corporations take over the world?
I pondered that question from the time I was 13 years old, until I was 36, then I decided Reincarnation Must Be the answer....And, I thought, there Must Be evidence of it in the Bible.. For those folks in horrendous circumstances, the Bible says, "Endure to the End, and be Saved." Or words to that effect....

So, I read Every Word from Genesis to Revelation looking for the Evidence and by George, I Found it....over and over again....
We ALL live Many Lives upon this earth, and each life determines the rewards or punishments in the next life...This has gone on since the beginning of time and will end at the end of time..

God IS Totally Fair and Totally Just.........by the way, I was raised Southern Baptist... I am still comfortable in Baptist Churches but, I don't think like they do.......I never went looking for another religion or Christian Denomination to join. Why should I, None of them believe exactly as I do.....and, I like the old time Gospel Music........

I Don't know a Thing about Xenos, but I did read this post about Melchizedec at the beginning of this thread...... I have Believed over 35 Years that Melchizedec was literally another Incarnation of the One and Only Jesus Christ himself........Not just someone "Like" Jesus, but Literally Jesus Christ himself..........So, on that one point we agree......

http://www.xenos.org/essays/melchizedek-and-p...
Logan

Columbus, OH

#880 Jul 30, 2014
Curmudgeon wrote:
<quoted text>
I pondered that question from the time I was 13 years old, until I was 36, then I decided Reincarnation Must Be the answer....And, I thought, there Must Be evidence of it in the Bible.. For those folks in horrendous circumstances, the Bible says, "Endure to the End, and be Saved." Or words to that effect....
So, I read Every Word from Genesis to Revelation looking for the Evidence and by George, I Found it....over and over again....
We ALL live Many Lives upon this earth, and each life determines the rewards or punishments in the next life...This has gone on since the beginning of time and will end at the end of time..
God IS Totally Fair and Totally Just.........by the way, I was raised Southern Baptist... I am still comfortable in Baptist Churches but, I don't think like they do.......I never went looking for another religion or Christian Denomination to join. Why should I, None of them believe exactly as I do.....and, I like the old time Gospel Music........
I Don't know a Thing about Xenos, but I did read this post about Melchizedec at the beginning of this thread...... I have Believed over 35 Years that Melchizedec was literally another Incarnation of the One and Only Jesus Christ himself........Not just someone "Like" Jesus, but Literally Jesus Christ himself..........So, on that one point we agree......
http://www.xenos.org/essays/melchizedek-and-p...
I don't know how you came to that conclusion, that the Bible says that we live multiple lives on this earth (in a similar fashion to eastern religions that believe in reincarnation). The Bible says nothing of the sort. The closest you could get is that we are indeed reborn after death (once) Mark 12, and that one day heaven itself will be brought to a new earth, Rev 21. But we don't live over and over again on this earth. That's the heretical teaching of post-modern influence, normally only found in universalist churches. Provide whatever verse you say inspires the idea of multiple reincarnations, or admit the heresy in what you just said.
eden

Newark, OH

#881 Jul 30, 2014
I go there. It's not a cult, it's a GREAT AND SUUUPER FUN CHURCH! Sure, it doesn't have singing or wearing fancy clothes, but it just follows the Bible. I <3 it!
Been There Done That

Delaware, OH

#882 Aug 4, 2014
Xenos is most definatly a CULT... they prey on the youth in their weakest times... recruit and replace family and teach a false doctrines that mr. Macullum and delash-MUTT have dreamed up in their hippie smoke sessions! What poor pathetic wanna be's.... but hey they never had to work thanks to the wallets of the congregation... oh yea no membership allowed.. just empty that pocket. Shake em down and smoke em up.. fucking bumms.......
Old-timer

Columbus, OH

#883 Aug 4, 2014
I’ve been involved in Xenos since 1986. Most of the negative posts on this forum are outrageous and from people who are clearly misinformed. Some of the criticisms are based on *legitimate* observations. Based on the 800+ posts on this topic, combined with my personal experience from when I was in college and in Xenos – and now that I hear stories from my kids who are in college and going to Xenos – my conclusion is that the majority of legitimate complaints are due to the immaturity of college kids – whether you are just an average Xenos kid or a “trained leader”(meaning you’ve taken a few leadership classes and have been a Christian a little longer than the kids you are “discipling”). I have my concerns, but I think the evidence shows that the Xenos college ministry is basically going in the right direction, based on traditional Biblical truths, and that they have good intentions.

All of this “cult” talk is just nonsense. Any person or group who is radically committed to following Jesus is going to raise concerns from the average, compromised religious person – or atheists, or whoever.
alumni

Columbus, OH

#884 Aug 7, 2014
The ends to not justify the means. Many awesome people are doing good things in Xenos despite the culture of dysfunction. The Xenos system is, at it's core, based upon a root of manipulation and thinly veiled works-legalism. Grace *is* taught and Xenoids pride themselves on *not* being legalistic, but in practice, the Xenos legalism is just a different flavor. This manipulative social pressure comes straight from the top, as many others have already gone into detail about.

I started in Xenos as an adult and never experienced the college group first hand, but my interactions with them left me giving them plenty of side-eye. I'm guessing the manipulation and dysfunction in the adult spheres is an echo of the higher-pressure college group.

10 years was plenty of time to make a full and well considered assessment. Just because you didn't mind the dysfunction or were not privy to more of the more blatant abuse does not mean it didn't happen / isn't happening / is being made up by immature people with a bone to pick. Instead of dismissing the reports of abuse on this thread and blindly defending Xenos, I think it would be wiser to take these people's experiences into consideration. Revealing that so many Xenos defenders are eager to shut them down instead of having concern for problems in their fellowship.
Logan

Hilliard, OH

#885 Aug 7, 2014
Been There Done That wrote:
Xenos is most definatly a CULT... they prey on the youth in their weakest times... recruit and replace family and teach a false doctrines that mr. Macullum and delash-MUTT have dreamed up in their hippie smoke sessions! What poor pathetic wanna be's.... but hey they never had to work thanks to the wallets of the congregation... oh yea no membership allowed.. just empty that pocket. Shake em down and smoke em up.. fucking bumms.......
Wow. That rant had absolute no weight to it. You literally just spewed your opinion on the internet without a shred of factual truth. BTW how are college students weak? This is when people expect the most of them, so how does that logically mean they're incapable of free thought or making their own decisions?
Logan

Hilliard, OH

#886 Aug 7, 2014
alumni wrote:
The ends to not justify the means. Many awesome people are doing good things in Xenos despite the culture of dysfunction. The Xenos system is, at it's core, based upon a root of manipulation and thinly veiled works-legalism. Grace *is* taught and Xenoids pride themselves on *not* being legalistic, but in practice, the Xenos legalism is just a different flavor. This manipulative social pressure comes straight from the top, as many others have already gone into detail about.
I started in Xenos as an adult and never experienced the college group first hand, but my interactions with them left me giving them plenty of side-eye. I'm guessing the manipulation and dysfunction in the adult spheres is an echo of the higher-pressure college group.
10 years was plenty of time to make a full and well considered assessment. Just because you didn't mind the dysfunction or were not privy to more of the more blatant abuse does not mean it didn't happen / isn't happening / is being made up by immature people with a bone to pick. Instead of dismissing the reports of abuse on this thread and blindly defending Xenos, I think it would be wiser to take these people's experiences into consideration. Revealing that so many Xenos defenders are eager to shut them down instead of having concern for problems in their fellowship.
Though I disagree with your opinion, I very much respect your way of rationally stating your claim and backing it up with experience. I wish there more people like you on this forum to debate with, and I wish you all the best.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#887 Aug 8, 2014
Old-timer wrote:
I’ve been involved in Xenos since 1986. Most of the negative posts on this forum are outrageous and from people who are clearly misinformed. Some of the criticisms are based on *legitimate* observations. Based on the 800+ posts on this topic, combined with my personal experience from when I was in college and in Xenos – and now that I hear stories from my kids who are in college and going to Xenos – my conclusion is that the majority of legitimate complaints are due to the immaturity of college kids – whether you are just an average Xenos kid or a “trained leader”(meaning you’ve taken a few leadership classes and have been a Christian a little longer than the kids you are “discipling”). I have my concerns, but I think the evidence shows that the Xenos college ministry is basically going in the right direction, based on traditional Biblical truths, and that they have good intentions.
All of this “cult” talk is just nonsense. Any person or group who is radically committed to following Jesus is going to raise concerns from the average, compromised religious person – or atheists, or whoever.
Great post Old Timer, fair and balanced.
Pam

Marysville, OH

#888 Aug 8, 2014
Logan wrote:
<quoted text> Wow. That rant had absolute no weight to it. You literally just spewed your opinion on the internet without a shred of factual truth. BTW how are college students weak? This is when people expect the most of them, so how does that logically mean they're incapable of free thought or making their own decisions?
"Weak" in the context of being lonely and away from home for the first time. One of the terms I've seen on this thread is love bombing as a means to exploit this weakness / vulnerability.
Casual Observer

Columbus, OH

#889 Aug 9, 2014
Old-timer wrote:
<quoted text>
7 billion people on this planet can mimic your username on this forum. Bored people can do anything ... they are bored ... & have time to impersonate people on public forums like this – but thanks for pointing it out. I have been involved in Xenos since 1986. If we found out that someone assumed another person's username, we would reprimand them for that!!!
The Xenos people have a pat answer for everything. "...we would reprimand them for that!!!" Reprimand? Why would you do that Old-Timer when you are the one who put the person up to it? There are numerous Xenos cult members on here colluding together to disparage any comments we make about their cult. I see these cult members every week. A bunch of brain-washed crackpots.
Old-timer

Columbus, OH

#890 Aug 9, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
The Xenos people have a pat answer for everything. "...we would reprimand them for that!!!" Reprimand? Why would you do that Old-Timer when you are the one who put the person up to it? There are numerous Xenos cult members on here colluding together to disparage any comments we make about their cult. I see these cult members every week. A bunch of brain-washed crackpots.
It has already been stated by myself and others that the church has made mistakes and I have expressed (current) concerns about the college group - so I don't think that qualifies as disparaging "any comments". And generally, brain-washed crackpots / cults don't admit when they are wrong. My eyes are open.
Logan

Hilliard, OH

#891 Aug 9, 2014
Old-timer wrote:
<quoted text>
It has already been stated by myself and others that the church has made mistakes and I have expressed (current) concerns about the college group - so I don't think that qualifies as disparaging "any comments". And generally, brain-washed crackpots / cults don't admit when they are wrong. My eyes are open.
Casual observer is just being incendiary, getting joy out of antagonizing others. She/He's done nothing but make baseless accusations and conspiracy theories as long as I've seen him/her on here. Casual observer's perspective and views are obviously not based on fact, and aren't open minded enough to debate any of it. Casual observer is just comfortably crouching on this forum vomiting whatever they like and taking anything said on here out of context. This is last time I'll be acknowledging that person. I came here to defend my church against people with legitimate or at least semi-legitimate claims, not entertain someone who just has too much free time.
Casual Observer

Columbus, OH

#892 Aug 10, 2014
Logan wrote:
<quoted text>
Casual observer is just being incendiary, getting joy out of antagonizing others. She/He's done nothing but make baseless accusations and conspiracy theories as long as I've seen him/her on here. Casual observer's perspective and views are obviously not based on fact, and aren't open minded enough to debate any of it. Casual observer is just comfortably crouching on this forum vomiting whatever they like and taking anything said on here out of context. This is last time I'll be acknowledging that person. I came here to defend my church against people with legitimate or at least semi-legitimate claims, not entertain someone who just has too much free time.
As I've stated before, the Xenos people have pat answers for everything. Point proven by the above post by Logan. Coincidentally Logan is from Hilliard, OH. So is my impersonator. My what a coincidence!

"Casual observer is just being incendiary, getting joy out of antagonizing others" I take no joy in what Xenos is doing to our young people.

"She/He's done nothing but make baseless accusations and conspiracy theories as long as I've seen him/her on here" My accusations are based on the Xenos teachings which are on their website available to anyone to read. The Xenos leaders are conspiring together to brainwash our young people. This is common knowledge. Read the articles on their website.

"Casual observer's perspective and views are obviously not based on fact" Again go to the Xenos website & read. It is an eye-opener. My perspective is based not only on fact but also personal observation & conversations with the Xenos followers & on a weekly basis.

"...and aren't open minded enough to debate any of it." Sounds like Logan has no rebuttal.

"Casual observer is just comfortably crouching on this forum vomiting whatever they like and taking anything said on here out of context." I am not comfortably crouching, I am out with the Xenos followers speaking with them & following up with researching all of the articles, editorials & exegetical outlines on the Xenos website. What this 'church' is promoting is almost unbelievable. But it is there, right on their website. Read it for yourself, that way it won't be 'out of context'.

"This is last time I'll be acknowledging that person." Good. Get lost.

"...someone who just has too much free time." This is the quintisential bs pat observation of them all. Every whistleblower is accused of having 'too much free time'. Funny how Logan posts on here much more than I do but of course he is not guilty of being "someone who just has too much free time." His righteous posts make him special, so he is above all that.

Now Logan don't you dare respond because you promised, "This is last time I'll be acknowledging that person." Keep your word!
Casual Observer

Columbus, OH

#893 Aug 10, 2014
From the Xenos website:

"Confession to others is necessary in order to gain or keep God's acceptance." Of course, the main source of this misconception is Roman Catholicism. According to Roman Catholic doctrine, the priest has divine authority to dispense God's forgiveness through the sacrament of confession and penance. Unless you are willing to confess your sins to a priest and follow his instructions on doing penance, you cannot be forgiven by God.

I am not here to bash Roman Catholicism, but this teaching directly contradicts the main message of the New Testament. The good news is not that God doles out forgiveness week by week through a priest prescribing penance--but that God grants you complete and permanent forgiveness once and for all when you confess your guilt before him and receive Christ's full payment for it (read Rom. 5:1). This is the basis for all biblical confession to other people. When you have received Christ and know that God now accepts you apart from your works (including rituals like this), you can afford to be honest with him and other people. If you want to experience the benefits of confession to other people (and there are many, as we will see), you first need to experience the benefit of God's complete forgiveness.

The second most prevalent misconception is that "since God alone ultimately forgives sin, there is no need for confession to others." This is the Protestant over-reaction to the Roman Catholic error. Confession should always begin with God because all sin is first and foremost cosmic treason--an act of rebellion against God (Ps. 51:4). But the Bible teaches that we should often confess our sins to other people (Jas. 5:16) for reasons we'll discuss in a moment. To use God's forgiveness as an excuse for not confessing to others betrays a serious misunderstanding of God's grace.

This same passage corrects another widespread misconception: "Only professional Christians should handle confessions." With many people, this professional is the pastor or priest--the old unbiblical clergy-laity distinction. With others, this professional is the counselor--the new priests of our therapeutic culture.

You may need some special advice from vocational Christian workers for special issues, but you need to get to the point that you experience the liberating comfort and power of confessing most of your sins to other Christian friends. Jas. 5:16 does not say "to the professional"--but "to one another." All Christians should be involved in reciprocal confession whenever it is needed. Otherwise, you will lead a defeated Christian life.

This is one of the most practical ways to gauge whether your involvement in Christian community is on a biblical level. Are you involved enough with other Christians that you are sharing your sins and defeats with them and asking them for help? Are you involved enough that they do the same with you? Then you aren't involved enough--and you're missing out on one of the most wonderful provisions God makes for your spiritual growth ...
- See more at: http://www.xenos.org/teachings/...

Xenos teaching criticize all other faiths. They have zero tolerance for any other church but their own. I am Catholic. All we do is speak with the priest about our sins. He tries to help us lead a better life with a little guidance. The forgiveness comes from God. The fact that we admit openly to our sins with a caring priest means we are sorry for committing them. Always we are told to make amends for any transgressions against others. It really isn't the issue that people make it out to be.

This Xenos article is nothing. You should read the rest.
Casual Observer

Dublin, OH

#894 Aug 10, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
How is that someone has taken my exact username [except they are from Dublin & I am from Columbus] & posted comments on this forum with it? Check it out for yourself.
I don't know - you tell me!
Logan

Hilliard, OH

#895 Aug 10, 2014
Casual Observer wrote:
<quoted text>
As I've stated before, the Xenos people have pat answers for everything. Point proven by the above post by Logan. Coincidentally Logan is from Hilliard, OH. So is my impersonator. My what a coincidence!
"Casual observer is just being incendiary, getting joy out of antagonizing others" I take no joy in what Xenos is doing to our young people.
"She/He's done nothing but make baseless accusations and conspiracy theories as long as I've seen him/her on here" My accusations are based on the Xenos teachings which are on their website available to anyone to read. The Xenos leaders are conspiring together to brainwash our young people. This is common knowledge. Read the articles on their website.
"Casual observer's perspective and views are obviously not based on fact" Again go to the Xenos website & read. It is an eye-opener. My perspective is based not only on fact but also personal observation & conversations with the Xenos followers & on a weekly basis.
"...and aren't open minded enough to debate any of it." Sounds like Logan has no rebuttal.
"Casual observer is just comfortably crouching on this forum vomiting whatever they like and taking anything said on here out of context." I am not comfortably crouching, I am out with the Xenos followers speaking with them & following up with researching all of the articles, editorials & exegetical outlines on the Xenos website. What this 'church' is promoting is almost unbelievable. But it is there, right on their website. Read it for yourself, that way it won't be 'out of context'.
"This is last time I'll be acknowledging that person." Good. Get lost.
"...someone who just has too much free time." This is the quintisential bs pat observation of them all. Every whistleblower is accused of having 'too much free time'. Funny how Logan posts on here much more than I do but of course he is not guilty of being "someone who just has too much free time." His righteous posts make him special, so he is above all that.
Now Logan don't you dare respond because you promised, "This is last time I'll be acknowledging that person." Keep your word!
I didn't promise anything. I can't recant my statement, right now I'm choosing to respond because I don't think you should get to bully your way through this forum misquoting people, just so you can continue your tirade of hate through here. I just wish you'd actually state your concerns rather than twisting them into accusations. And be open minded enough to discuss them. But you're so adamant that xenos is the worst thing ever that you're hell-bent on saying anything you can "truethful" or otherwise, that you're not even willing to discuss this with mindset that maybe you're not a 100 percent right. There's 12 major religions, and over a thousand other religions with smaller numbers. Of course xenos isn't going to agree with them all. How did xenos decide it's stance on several things? It (now pay attention here cause this might be shocking to you) read the BIBLE. We don't quote leviticus all the time and gay bash and picket and say everyone who is us is going to hell. We read the Bible and see how it applies to our lives. We study the innerancy of it so we can decide for ourselves how valid it is. Xenos does disagree with a lot (a lot, not all) of other world views. But you're clearly emotionally driven in your hate for us, so I already know these words are falling on deaf ears. But in my multiple years with xenos I've never been pressured or been in an uncomfortable circumstance, and my family and friendships are better than ever. I've grown a lot from reading God's word and learning for it, and I think I'm better for it. I wish more people would be able have the experience I've had, but It's people like you that do your best to dress us up as this boogeyman syndicate that I want to fight against. You're lying about us, and I don't think that's right, and I'm going speak my side of it.
Logan

Hilliard, OH

#896 Aug 10, 2014
I didn't promise anything! Again you're putting words into my mouth and misquoting me. I can recant my statement, right now I'm choosing to respond because I don't think you should get to bully your way through this forum misquoting people, just so you can continue your tirade of hate through here. I just wish you'd actually state your concerns rather than twisting them into accusations. And be open minded enough to discuss them. But you're so adamant that xenos is the worst thing ever that you're hell-bent on saying anything you can "truethful" or otherwise, that you're not even willing to discuss this with mindset that maybe you're not a 100 percent right. There's 12 major religions, and over a thousand other religions with smaller numbers. Of course xenos isn't going to agree with them all. How did xenos decide it's stance on several things? It (now pay attention here cause this might be shocking to you) read the BIBLE. We don't quote leviticus all the time, and gay bash, and picket, and say everyone who is us is going to hell. We read the Bible and see how it applies to our lives. We study the innerancy of it so we can decide for ourselves how valid it is. Xenos does disagree with a lot (a lot, not all, try not to misqoute me this time) of other world views. But you're clearly emotionally driven in your hate for us, so I already know these words are falling on deaf ears. But in my multiple years with xenos I've never been pressured or been in an uncomfortable circumstance, and my family and friendships are better than ever. I've grown a lot from reading God's word and learning for it, and I think I'm better for it. I wish more people would be able have the experience I've had, but It's people like you that do your best to dress us up as this boogeyman syndicate that I want to fight against. You're lying about us, and I don't think that's right, and I'm going speak my side of it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Columbus Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where has Rowdy been? 4 min Reality Speaks 51
homosexuality is a "lifestyle choice" 4 min Pope Che Reagan C... 96
Iran, the threat to peace 7 min Pope Che Reagan C... 38
Who Do You Support 13 min Pope Che Reagan C... 15
Police: Man shot at Port Columbus had history o... 21 min snowMAHNN 9
Is Barack Obama Doing a Good Job as President? (Aug '13) 24 min Pope Che Reagan C... 5,406
Watch the best of Ohio State's National Champio... 37 min snowMAHNN 8
Columbus Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Columbus People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:43 am PST

NFL 8:43AM
Jimmy Haslam: Browns have to get a QB in 2015